Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Gone already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hedenius posted:

Gone already.

Still in my cache.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/detachment_red/status/1144641841402454016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
"borderline racist" is the new problematic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.
I mean...

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
in the category of "not wrong, but not helpful"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

no words are needed for that meme, just the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

"borderline racist" is the new problematic
no, "________ charged" is the new problematic. i just don't understand the lib urge to use euphemistic language when they're extremely judgmental and assume bad faith in people all the loving time. if you're going to act like a total rear end in a top hat, at least talk like one. don't
in one sense, they're not wrong, but it's phrased in such a way that it makes you feel like a jerk for agreeing

but in another sense, oppression isn't a game where you can claim the least amount of privilege, and that tweet feeds into class-blind idpol thought

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

no, "________ charged" is the new problematic. i just don't understand the lib urge to use euphemistic language when they're extremely judgmental and assume bad faith in people all the loving time. if you're going to act like a total rear end in a top hat, at least talk like one. don't

nobody outside of the media class uses "racially charged", it's just a code word for "racist, but we can't say that because our news outlet doesn't want to lose our financial/political ties"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this is why I only fantasize about the NPC meme

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

was the Dawes plan a victory for German credit holders? was the Washington naval treaty a victory for Japan? was anything ever anything

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

little munchkin posted:

nobody outside of the media class uses "racially charged", it's just a code word for "racist, but we can't say that because our news outlet doesn't want to lose our financial/political ties"
that's true. so what's the excuse of stupid twitter libs that aren't in the media using euphemistic language?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

So I’ve been in the past threads as not loving Bernie. I’ll start by stating I was wrong about the book thing, and for that I apologize. I read a couple of hot takes on twitter and didn’t do research before bringing it here. Somebody asked me why I don’t like him, and last night I think it was covered perfectly. His policy’s are all things I generally agree with (minus that judge flub). But his delivery method bugs me. He yells too much, and just seems too old. Contrast that with Warren, who I like a great deal.

I also came out early liking Harris, and last night nailed why. She’s really loving good at debating and doing the politics of it. I want her to go after trump in a debate, because I think unlike Clinton she can get under his skin but also not lose her calm. I think he is more likely to blow a big gasket against her.

That being said, I totally get that she is a politician, and her being actually president won’t help the country nearly as much as if warren was president, or Bernie’s policies were in effect.

So it basically comes down to my fear that I think Harris is more electable, but I like warren more? (And If Bernie gets the nomination, I will vote for him).

Also, yang is wherever, but can somebody who actually is in this for the long haul please throw in UBi? Because that would sure be awesome to get ahead of.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah you know when you have white privilege you have a special button that magically washes away any problem you might possibly have, it’s also original sin that fills your mind with demonic thoughts and no, they don’t call poor whites “trash” what are you talking about

the greatest mistake in the discourse of the past 10 years was introducing identity politics without any mention of class

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'll admit that harris got the most out of that debate (nobody "won" it with that many nobodies and not enough time to go around) and had a good strategy, but she has no charisma whatsoever. she came off as a disgruntled middle school teacher who's five years away from retirement

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i'll admit that harris got the most out of that debate (nobody "won" it with that many nobodies and not enough time to go around) and had a good strategy, but she has no charisma whatsoever. she came off as a disgruntled middle school teacher who's five years away from retirement

the hot take was more the part of "i love bernie's policies but hate his delivery" aka pure style over substance dumbassery

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
White privileged is a thing obviously but loving turbo online idiots misinterpret a complex idea into "WHITE PEOPLE ARE GIVEN A MAGICAL CARD AT BIRTH THAT GIVES THEM EVERYTHING AND ONLY MORONS WHO LOSE THIS MYSTICAL CARD ARE POOR/MARGINALIZED"

You can very obviously care about more than one thing at a time, but I always roll my eyes at people who worry about incredibly stupid bullshit like memes where if you squint and turn your head sideways might possibly maybe sorta kinda be racist while there are real huge massive issues going on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

liberals are pathetic creatures who can only interpret politics through aesthetics and group identity, makes me want to puke

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i can't believe bernie wants to slap are troops

https://twitter.com/sodangfancy22/status/1143306183786323969

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

that's true. so what's the excuse of stupid twitter libs that aren't in the media using euphemistic language?

same reason fuckwads use mil or cop speak when talking about poo poo. makes them feel like they're part of the actual protected classes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

Yes. I think a lot of what makes someone electable is how good they are at stump speeches rallies and so on. She’s stern cop mom. That appeals to the middle. The right has to either attack her on her record (which they can’t do as well since they have to always cling to cops good everyone else bad)... or they do what they started last night, trolls talking about how she’s not black enough.

Being completely cynical here she also hits the “cool” bracket. She’s a black woman who’s got the adult statesperson thing down. People who went to the woman’s rally’s and then Barely pay attention to politics now because (it bums them out) )I know several) would easily get behind her.

That’s why I think she’s electable.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

When I think "cool" I think middle aged cop

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Snip gently caress you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

i suffered why don't other people have to suffer :qq:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm glad you're not linking to that post because i'll probably jump in to whatever thread that's in and get probated for calling that guy a retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i'm glad you're not linking to that post because i'll probably jump in to whatever thread that's in and get probated for calling that guy a retard

:hai: stay far away, my friend, that sort of poo poo led to my month long vacation

just stay in c-spam where where "corrupt mods" is a joke and not the actual reality

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I had to walk 15 miles in the snow to get to school and the fact that kids today get to ride the bus is slap in the face to me.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Perhaps we've discovered the benefit of fantasizing about cartoon characters.

(it looks like those emojis are making an embarrassed face, so I think she does realise it's a silly thing to think, but anxious thoughts are often like that)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jollity Farm posted:

Perhaps we've discovered the benefit of fantasizing about cartoon characters.

(it looks like those emojis are making an embarrassed face, so I think she does realise it's a silly thing to think, but anxious thoughts are often like that)
for a woman who i assume is jewish, she has an extremely catholic view of masturbation

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

brain worms and/or an insatiable need to use the most up-to-date in faux-woke terminology

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im crippled from polio. kids today with their vaccines is a slap in the face to people like me

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

little munchkin posted:

media shouldn't even be doing that at this juncture

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-associated-press-stylebook-update-tells-journalists-its-ok-to-use-the-word-racist-2019-03-29/

though the ap says it isnt kosher to call a person racist lmao. like Steve king can be reported as having "racist views" or "racist policies" but you cant call him "Steve king, a racist lawmaker from kiron Iowa, said..."

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I had access to segregated drinking fountains as a child and integration is a slap in the face to people like me: racists

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my man's saying what we're all thinking

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my man's saying what we're all thinking

the Lamas beauty is his strength and his curse

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
hes onto something, and not just wrt to buddhism; im tired of seeing Anorexic Twink Jesus. What about Hunky Swole Jesus? Or, stay with me here, Bimbo Jesus

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Google Korean jesus. jaaaaaaaaacked

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

witchy posted:

hes onto something, and not just wrt to buddhism; im tired of seeing Anorexic Twink Jesus. What about Hunky Swole Jesus? Or, stay with me here, Bimbo Jesus

In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he bimbofied all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he bimbofied the money changers and bimbofied their tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

but in another sense, oppression isn't a game where you can claim the least amount of privilege, and that tweet feeds into class-blind idpol thought

the accusations of class-only analysis gets thrown around at anything remotely left-wing but I can't honestly remember the last time anyone's only engaged in class-based analysis that ignores other social dynamics and identities at work. I guess if it worked in the 60s when marxist theory was all the rage in academia, it'll work now when no one wants to think about class because then they'd have to acknowledge their own privilege and you can't do that in this game.