Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

If you look closely, the NPCs fingers actually do touch the trigger, which is loving TERRIBLE trigger discipline.

Also, that animation is loving stupid, because the merchant literally sweeps you with the muzzle, twice, AND has a magazine in, AND hasn't shown clear.

As far as the viewer is concerned, you could've been shot twice, get the gently caress off my range you twit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Thoatse posted:

tier 0 Crobear family tree, faces will be beta shooped by 2020

OMG so sexy... but put a NSFW tag there, please!

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Strangler 42 posted:

speaking of he who got rightfully banned for doxxing...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1143978788289744896

Weighing from the antediluvian past to confirm that Derek is an unbearable turd, and that fact that he’s still fuming over his perma is the sweetest of balms unto my soul.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1144621092222357504

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

"We’ll be sitting with #StarCitizen Live Director Todd Papy to discuss all things Alpha 3.6 on today’s Star Citizen Live on #Twitch. 🎥🔴"

Obviously not sitting with #StarCitizen Live Director Todd Papy to actually play Alpha 3.6 because, well, you know.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah for real how come they never actually play their game on these shows

Like even just for 5 minutes

Curious

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What does your heart tell you?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

Yeah for real how come they never actually play their game on these shows

Like even just for 5 minutes

Curious

Aside from all the other technical problems it has, Star Citizen's biggest issue is that it is manifestly unfun the second you start to actually play it. Sarsa spoke to this a bit when talking about the "running kills you" thing, but it's really impossible to overstate how catastrophically unfun this game is to play. It's not even that it's boring, it's that it goes out of its way to actively suppress fun at almost every turn. People wonder why nobody is watching Star Citizen streams and the answer is two-fold: First, nobody gives enough of a poo poo about this game to watch it besides the mega-whales who dream of sitting at a tall desk giving orders to their crack troops, and second it is deeply, depressingly boring to watch.

I took part in a couple of the RexZilla streams, and although there was occasionally a tiny bit of fun to be had when the actual shooting was going on (which were almost always and immediately hampered by SC's dogshit FPS mechanics), the period of time in between them was enough to cause existential despair. Rex's main talent - the thing that kept him flush with fresh Calder Cash - is that he worked his rear end off to make the 'in-between' parts fun for his viewers. It was one of the main things he focused on, and I'm almost certain it was a bullet point on whatever CIG sent him when they were talking about what kind of stream they wanted. Guys like BNB or Saurus or whoever else suck rear end at this, and their streams reflect this.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Aside from all the other technical problems it has, Star Citizen's biggest issue is that it is manifestly unfun the second you start to actually play it. Sarsa spoke to this a bit when talking about the "running kills you" thing, but it's really impossible to overstate how catastrophically unfun this game is to play. It's not even that it's boring, it's that it goes out of its way to actively suppress fun at almost every turn. People wonder why nobody is watching Star Citizen streams and the answer is two-fold: First, nobody gives enough of a poo poo about this game to watch it besides the mega-whales who dream of sitting at a tall desk giving orders to their crack troops, and second it is deeply, depressingly boring to watch.

I took part in a couple of the RexZilla streams, and although there was occasionally a tiny bit of fun to be had when the actual shooting was going on (which were almost always and immediately hampered by SC's dogshit FPS mechanics), the period of time in between them was enough to cause existential despair. Rex's main talent - the thing that kept him flush with fresh Calder Cash - is that he worked his rear end off to make the 'in-between' parts fun for his viewers. It was one of the main things he focused on, and I'm almost certain it was a bullet point on whatever CIG sent him when they were talking about what kind of stream they wanted. Guys like BNB or Saurus or whoever else suck rear end at this, and their streams reflect this.

In unrelated(fun) topics, I got Rebel Galaxy during the free period and it's been pretty fun.

So far the combat has been engaging and fun, and the soundtrack is awesome. It's a decent appetizer for Outlaw.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Hype is bad.

.............buuuuut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3hNcxVcWA

This is good for Star Citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I just want to point out that when I say Star Citizen's FPS mechanics are bad, I mean they are really truly terrible. They're among the worst I've ever experienced in any FPS, and they remind me of those unity asset swap games Jim Sterling tortures himself with. I never played any of the Crysis games (or the Far Cry games other than Blood Dragon) so maybe... I don't know maybe someone else who has played both them and SC can tell me whether or not this is standard or whatever, but the guns feel completely disconnected from the game itself. There's no sense of your gun doing anything, or whether you hit, or how effective the hit was. It's like watching someone else ice skating and trying to discern something meaningful from it.

this loving $0.50 game on steam has more satisfying 'gunplay' than I have ever experienced in Star Citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGWj0Deyc0

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

its a videogame. without much gameplay. people are seriously getting butt flustered about some lovely fluff animation.

pure, distilled autism folks.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

zcrow posted:

its a videogame. without much gameplay. people are seriously getting butt flustered about some lovely fluff animation.

pure, distilled autism folks.

A lovely fluff animation that was previewed a year ago and isn't in the game and never actually will be, because getting an npc to dynamically interact with shop inventory would be a difficult lift for actual studios.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1144654733837082624

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

It's sad to see companies that aren't happy just being great and making, say, $10 million profit. It always degenerates into, "Wait, if we make these sacrifices, we could technically make $15 million, which is more than $10 million, which means we're a better company." Eventually that leads to great short-term gains, but bad long-term sustainability and it almost always damages the brand. Activision/Blizzard is practically the poster child for this trend. Gaming going mainstream was always going to have this downside.

Yup. If a company's mission statement includes some variation on "we strive to increase value to our shareholders," it's guaranteed to gently caress over its employees and its customers at every turn.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

But CIG backers aren’t just customers, they’re investors too.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

I never played any of the Crysis games (or the Far Cry games other than Blood Dragon) so maybe... I don't know maybe someone else who has played both them and SC can tell me whether or not this is standard or whatever, but the guns feel completely disconnected from the game itself. There's no sense of your gun doing anything, or whether you hit, or how effective the hit was. It's like watching someone else ice skating and trying to discern something meaningful from it.

Nah the Far Cry and Crysis games generally have pretty good gunplay (although note that the Far Cry series since 2 barely uses the Cryengine anymore, it's essentially an in-house custom-built engine at this point). Not, like, up to COD levels, but then, what is?

A good example of bad gunplay in a "AAA" game is Fallout 3 + 4. Pretty much what you're talking about - the guns feel rather anemic and enemies seemingly have no reaction to your bullets until they keel over dead. This is somewhat mitigated by the silly levels of gore and how creative they get with the design of the guns themselves, and using the VATS system as a crutch to let you essentially bypass having to actually shoot guys (which is a big reason people hate FO76 - now you have to actually play it like the lovely FPS it is).

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1144664292177907713

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finally, some hot con action.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the hot con action has been non stop since 2012, where have you been?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So the latest Jump point magazine is out- I hadn't read one in ages and it's interesting to see how far it's fallen. It's a far cry from the stuff they used to release. Just 35 pages and it's mostly recycled marketing material. Out of idle curiosity I read the "Lore" about the 890J and holy poo poo the cult-like recasting of the Chris Roberts narrative is real.

Check this poo poo out:

The Origin 890 Jump Luxury Spacecraft posted:

"The 890 Jump, Yolsen announced, would completely change the game by making the personal corporate starship easily accessible to the very and ultra-rich alike.

The only problem was that there was no 890 Jump. At the time of the project’s announcement, no development work had been done beyond the determination that such a spacecraft had potential buyers. It quickly came out that Origin’s financial analysts hadn’t studied the costs of designing and constructing a ship significantly larger than anything in their history, nor had they considered the massive outlay of outfitting facilities and production lines. Yolsen was undeterred, promising Origin’s full resources to making the 890 Jump a true shift in luxury space travel."

Accessible to the very and ultra-rich alike! But oops we didn't study anything before we made promises!

It goes on posted:

Origin’s development team persisted and within 18 months developed a reasonable (albeit expensive) plan for both the 890 Jump’s overall design and construction. The company invested heavily in broad simulations early in order to allow the 890 Jump to make use of existing docking facilities and repair yards despite its significantly different design aesthetic. The biggest problem for the company was that, for perhaps the first time in modern aerospace history, the industry knew that this was happening. To this day, ship developers typically do not announce projects until either a military contract has been signed or, in the case of civil designs, a functional prototype has flown. The 890 Jump, already an unusual prospect in its own right, was being put together in the eyes of hostile competitors and a bemused press. From day one of Yolsen’s announcement, the 890 Jump was pilloried as everything from a go-nowhere fool’s errand to a criminal waste of a previously successful company’s resources. Few headlines were kind and as the lead prototype’s construction ran into the usual series of snags and issues, the press decried Yolsen’s “fifty billion credit disaster.”

Pilloried in the press, but after only 18 months they had a design! Their competitors said it couldn't be done! Fifty billion credit disaster!

Seriously posted:

As a result, Origin’s stock fell significantly despite general success across all of their current production lines. Then, just over two years after the first mention of the project, the company went silent. Origin ceased issuing updates on the 890 Jump and restructured the project’s organization to bring it into what internal memos referred to as “the event horizon.” Until the first ship was spaceworthy, the 890 Jump would not be mentioned directly. The tenor of the press changed overnight; where reporters once sought to turn typical teething issues into worrisome projections about Origin’s future, they became increasingly desperate to know what had happened to the ship. “JUMPED OUT?” read a famous Mars Today headline that speculated that Origin had secretly canceled the project or, perhaps, was intending to convert their existing work into a new type of highend cargo transport.

They had to go silent! Everyone thought they had failed!

It just keeps going posted:

On March 2857, at a special event in Earth’s orbit, Origin lifted the veil and revealed the production prototype of the 890 Jump to an eager audience. Between its flowing nautical lines, surprising functionality, and unparalleled in-class specifications, the new design was an immediate hit. Overnight, the mood changed completely. Outlet after outlet asked variations of the same question: “Is this the future of spaceflight?” When markets opened the following day, Origin reached a new high and continued climbing well through the 890 Jump’s release the next year. The company had seemingly done what had seemed to onlookers completely impossible by building the elite luxury flagship Yolsen had announced six years earlier.

After just six years of development they finally released it and changed gaming spaceflight forever!

jesus christ posted:

The company spent significant sums marketing the distinct new look of the 890 Jump, attempting to associate it with luxury in all of the typical ways: 890 Jumps pictured over grand tropical vistas, positioned near beautiful interstellar phenomena, and carrying noted celebrities and popular politicians in extreme luxury. Their post mortem would suggest this was unnecessary and, in fact, the 890 Jump remains the only Origin spacecraft ever to have its marketing budget lowered in the first three months after launch. New and hopeful owners were eager to spread the word about the new ship as far and wide as possible and preorders for hull allocation quickly filled up for seven years’ worth of production.

They spent a shitload on marketing but it turned out not to be necessary because idiot whales bought the thing like hotcakes!

Any resemblance to video game development projects, living or dead, is purely coincidental!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Backers: the person who wrote that is laughing at you.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Long Citizencon

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It would be amazing if the internal lore team was not so subtly telling the inside story of CIGs demise thru fake ship manufacturer lore.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mirificus post my reply plz thx

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

That little story is proof positive that Chris still think he's going to come out of this hailed a hero and change things forever. Christ, they even put Origin in there. The difference between that story and reality (and the only difference, it seems) is that we DO see what he's making. And it's poo poo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

You know, occasionally I catch site of one of the super-riches yachts and I think to myself, "Is this the future of sea travel?"

Then I spot a Learjet, and think "Is this the future of air travel?"

As I'm idley flicking through Cosmopolitan*, I spot a Hermes ad, and think "Is this the future of scarves?"

* For the articles. I know what gets your motor running, boys.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

the hot con action has been non stop since 2012, where have you been?

My wank pod.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Popete posted:

It would be amazing if the internal lore team was not so subtly telling the inside story of CIGs demise thru fake ship manufacturer lore.

As a writer, sometimes you just kind of regurgitate what's been happening in your own life lately into your work. It's a good way to process and if you do it well can add a lot of verisimilitude to your plots. But you probably don't want to do it in your marketing copy. I get the feeling that nobody has been paying attention to the lore writers for a long long time because A) it is all extremely tedious and B) it doesn't sell any spaceships, so who cares? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was just a couple of guys trying to one-up each other on how close they can cut the story to real-life events.

The only part that jumps out at me is the bit about how they cut back on marketing after they learned that the whales would buy poo poo regardless. That rings as very true and also not very out in the open.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

Jade Starwatcher posted:

So i had never heard of you or the forum you post on until someone sent me a link where you were talking about me. Then i saw you have become fascinated by the rise of Rexzilla "seemingly out of nowhere." and the Alex Jones-esque conspiracy theories of him being a paid marketer by CIG's due to an investment in marketing Squadron 42.....

It's almost funny how wrong you have it.

Here are the main reasons:

First of all Rexzilla isn't new to Star Citizen, he backed the game around the same time i did back in 2016 and was a member of an org called Aces High (ACESHI). I know this because my previous org (which i co-founded) used to fight them at Security Post Kareah. So he isn't new, he played the game in 2016 and 2017 but didnt stream it and took a break from it because peformance was poor and all we had were a few on foot PvP areas. He's not a pilot, the FPS aspect of the game appealed to him.

He like me never played any of Chris Roberts old games. i was born in 1995. You should not hold this against me or anyone else who didn't know who Chris Roberts was until they discovered Star Citizen. There are a lot of us and we are a fast growing part of the Star Citizen community.

There is growing new guard due to a perfect storm. The game being playable due to client-side OCS and new game features and environments has brought in a lot of new people. In my case i only became a backer after a woman told me in a Second Life group voice chat that procedural planets were going to be a thing (she sent me a link to the Homestead Demo) and that playable female characters were coming soon with both likely to make an appearance in 3.0 (i know right!?). Knowing nothing of the delays SC has had i enthusiastically pledged in Dec 2016 for an Aurora starter package. Today we have OCS, FPS AI (derpy as it is, its something), 2 landable planets, 9 landable moons and landable planetoid with ourposts, stations even cities with trains and stuff. And i finally get to play with a character which represents me making it all finally immesive. This probably doesn't surprise you but friends i have who are also female and game have held off until they could play with a female character.

Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter.

The reason Rexzilla gets the huge audience he does are because he offers something none of the old guard offered:

a) A positive attitude taking advantage of the sandbox, sci-fi space sim we have today rather than theorycrafting and wishing for what we might have in the future.

So many of the Star Citizen streamers fall into a "negative nancy" mode. i totally get why they're like this, because for most of their streaming life there was no playable game. Old habits die hard and now that there is one its hard for them to break out of this. Instead of taking Chris Roberts seriously when he has repeatedly stated Star Citizen would be a sort of Space Second Life, they spend time talking about delays on gameplay mechanics even though we have cargo and mining.

b) Accessibility. Most of the older Star Citizen streamers have had an air about them of "I'm the streamer, you watch me but that's it." In other words, they kept a wall between themselves and people who might want to join in with what they're doing. Rexzilla has taken the opposite approach, he welcomes everyone to play with him and have epic experiences as a group. i am part of ZDF as well as my own org and i can tell you, we're not actors. We do some light roleplay but we're all there to have a good time. Part of that is following instructions but you have that in any org. My org did the same type of ops on a regular basis, we didn't stream them but they do require willing participants, clear comms and clear leadership. Its the same in the ZDF. Whether we are part of the ground forces or support and combat pilots (those ships you see on his streams are often there to protect the op against stream snipers, i know because i took one down in my Glaive).

c) Personality. Sorry but many of the older guard remind me of my dad trying to play games in the way they interact with the audience. Its boring, even when they are doing something midly interesting because they just don't have the energy or hype level Rex does.

Fear of the new leads to salt. You've seen it and commented on it with reactions to Rex's rise. i've seen it personally on a much smaller level as some people who are fans of TheBase radio station have attacked The Peoples Radio (TPR), the immersive, Star Citizen station i started. Older backers have thrown shade at us even though we're doing something quite different than TheBase in terms of content and our target demographics (newer and younger backers and a more diverse audience in general). This some of this low level salt among older fans of TheBase goes on even though Juntau from TheBase and i get along great and respect each other. In fact he recently had some very nice things to say about us and our quick rise on The Captain's Table. CIG loves our weekly news program (we've been the Staff Pick in the Community Hub on CIG's site and they and even made me an MVP for it one week. Again, it's because we use the game to make immersive content now. Everything is content to us, een bugs. It's that kind of positive attitude the community has responded to both with us and Rexzilla (who gives us shoutouts from time to time).

ZDF as an org is bigger than Rexzilla. It's not just an org, its a movement. The ZDF does a lot of stuff on and off stream not involving Rexzilla. This ranges from Star Marine tournaments to participating in the 50 person pub craw i organized in Star Citizen. Most large orgs with charasmatic leaders would not have responded the way ZDF did when i put the idea out there seeking both security and participants. (i know this having interacted with them in the past). Rexzilla was reachable and their support of the event helped ensure it was success but they were one of like 5 smaller orgs who all contributed to that. We managed to fill a server with people all involved in the event on a day servers were going down left and right due to 30K errors related to an FPS AI mission. Wakapedia from CIG even came in at the end of the pub crawl and let us all in the Million Mile High Club in Area 18 making for more great content both on the stream and for TPR News.

So i guess what i'm saying is this is all organic growth of the game and a demographic change. i had a good conversation the other day on Discord with another content creator when this very subject came up. i asked her what she thought would happen as people who like and play Fortnite now start coming over to playing Star Citizen and she nearly spit her coffee out both because she knows its inevitable and the reaction will be a culture shock not unlike what you're seeing happening now with the emergence of Rex and the ZDF.

A game like this can not be successful based on old money and old salt alone. Too many older backers and streamers are jaded and what Rex has proven is that almost no one wants to watch endless negativity of what is missing from the game when the alternative is watching and/or participating in some epic, community created sandbox gameplay with the amazing locales, weapons and ships CIG has created.

PS: Yes i did buy $10K worth of ships during the height of the cryptocurrency boom the same amount of crypto i used back then is worth about $1500 today. The same foresight that helped me see that Ethereum would be something worth mining and holding on to at the end of 2015 (when it was $0.40 cents and helped me pursuade my boyfriend to start mining and trading before we sold when it went above $1,000 is the same foresight i've used in seeing the long view of this game's development.

Doing the former paid of my student loans. Doing the later will pay off in many years of fun. In some ways, it already has.

i hope this clears things up. i am fairly certain that what we are witnessing isn't some co-ordinated marketing campaign. it's the result of years of game development and an influx of new blood.

if you want, feel free to share this in its entirety.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 28, 2019

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

That is pretty cringeworthy writing, though I did chuckle.

I'm slightly offended with the lack of mention of goons pirates trying to sabotage the project and being stopped by a ragtag band of backers town militias in a bloody subreddit firefight.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

My wank pod.

ah, stuck door, typical CI(not G)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ahahhaahah whoever wrote this thinks they are making the situation look better

Every single detail shared there is so, so deeply stupid and embarrassing

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Learning about Star Citizen from a Second Life group voice chat is so on point.

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

What is going on with his face? It looks like it's accidentally pasted slightly off-center of the head.

It looks even creepier in motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dwnQdKTug&t=543s

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The Second Life comparisons are especially funny, yeah. That fact that she is chastising the original backers who wanted a space shooter game being kind of miffed that the game is turning into space Second Life... Well, yeah! That's awful and not at all the game they were interested in, anyone would be mad.

That and the notion that this is a "space Second Life"... Sure, it would be only if CIG was providing the sandbox and letting players create all the content. But they're not! They're making all the ships, planets, weapons, mechanics etc. on their own. That is entirely different from Second Life, where nearly everything is player made. The idea that they're trying to create anywhere near the scale and breadth of things you can do (or is it "do") in Second Life, on their own, is laughable.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sectopod posted:

What is going on with his face? It looks like it's accidentally pasted slightly off-center of the head.

It looks even creepier in motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dwnQdKTug&t=543s

Sadly, he feels grief.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EfjqMl8Sk

Hot off the press from Bored, who does his best to relay the essentials of the Todd Papy session with Hobo... but man, it's thin stuff. Delays, cuts and dreams.txt about "in the future" seems to be the TL;DR.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sectopod posted:

My guess is, they have good models, good mocap... But bad animation and implementation. It's similar to what went wrong with the animations in Mass Effect Andromeda - they had the artistic skills and the know-how to do it correctly, but due to time and bad decisions, had to rush the actual coding of the animation system, so all that effort went down the toilet and it looked like total garbage.

If you want this to look good - really, really good, better than any other game, like SCers want to claim their game does... You do what Naughty Dog does - you slave over those cutscenes for YEARS, polishing and polishing until they look just right. But that's like an entire third of NG's very focused games - with SC, this is like 1% of what they need to create.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They're making all the ships, planets, weapons, mechanics etc. on their own.

Are they though?