Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Calibanibal posted:

What does intelligence have to do with the astral realm?

It's a useless stat on that plane, pump wisdom so your will save let's you see through the psychic glamours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Epicurius posted:

Or, I dunno, something like that. I mean, this thread would still hate him, but I think it would have stopped a lot of the bleeding.

He can't do it, though. Even by the standards of old white dudes, Biden appears to be pathologically incapable of admitting fault or apologizing.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm serious that Williamson is better than Biden.

Badger of Basra posted:

Don’t worry if she gets ahead of Bernie in any polls they’ll find out she’s actually a centrist neolib shill

you have a real chip on your shoulder don't you?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Nobody actually wants her to be President. There are just several candidates so aggressively terrible (Biden, Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard) pretty much any random person on the street would be better.

If you assume having a few wacky fringe candidates is part of the deal now, it’s nice to have a relatively harmless one who is good for a few laughs, spotlights a couple important issues then fades away. Marianne definitely fits the bill so far!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Lightning Knight posted:

No it’s not, I hate this argument because it obscures the reality of why Trump is popular among the right wing. It’s not because he’s a meme, it’s because he’s a racist piece of poo poo who will be racist in public.

Williamson is not going to meme her way through the Democratic primary because she doesn’t have any kind of draw like Trump did with his racism to his base.

I mean that was an actual quote from many folks I saw crowing about his win so :shrug: Obviously, thank God, special crystals and other hokum horseshit don't attract a crowd like hatin' on some minorities, so luckily for the nation, the few morons that buy the poo poo she's shoveling won't amount to much in the end. I just hate seeing people claim that "Oh, I'm just laughing while I claim to like her" whilst ignoring the simple truth we supposedly all reckoned with post-2016: that irony becomes reality after long enough. Ironic racism is racism and etc. But yet ironically cheering for Crystal Lady is OK? Just looking for ideological consistency.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Being as gullible as possible about a magic crystal anti-vax woo-woo scammer is the new woke lmao

In this thread we went from "rooting for her ~ironically~ " to having uncritical stans for this idiot in the time it takes to have a long lunch haha

I'm voting for Marianne because of this post

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

VitalSigns posted:

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Pre-debate I would've never guessed she'd be getting this much attention (here and elsewhere) while Yang and Pete* are barely an afterthought.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VH4Ever posted:

I mean that was an actual quote from many folks I saw crowing about his win so :shrug: Obviously, thank God, special crystals and other hokum horseshit don't attract a crowd like hatin' on some minorities, so luckily for the nation, the few morons that buy the poo poo she's shoveling won't amount to much in the end. I just hate seeing people claim that "Oh, I'm just laughing while I claim to like her" whilst ignoring the simple truth we supposedly all reckoned with post-2016: that irony becomes reality after long enough. Ironic racism is racism and etc. But yet ironically cheering for Crystal Lady is OK? Just looking for ideological consistency.

ironic racists didn't magically transform into racists. they were racist all along and were using irony as a shield against criticism of their poo poo views.

it is incredibly possible for people to pretend to like williamson for the laughs but not actually like her on the other hand

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

TrixR4kids posted:

Pre-debate I would've never guessed she'd be getting this much attention (here and elsewhere) while Yang is barely an afterthought.

it's cuz they gave yang like 2 questons and williamson like 5

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

VH4Ever posted:

Sorry if your friends put any stock whatsoever in poo poo like that, they're not smart. They're actually pretty loving dumb.

Eh, they're pretty amazing organizers and strategists. Highly respected in the activist world around LA.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Is there a middle ground, a center, between crystals and racism that we could vote for?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

TrixR4kids posted:

Pre-debate I would've never guessed she'd be getting this much attention (here and elsewhere) while Yang and Pete* are barely an afterthought.

you obviously haven't seen her golden egg tweets

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

It's a useless stat on that plane, pump wisdom so your will save let's you see through the psychic glamours.

From what I recall intelligence determines your movement rate on the Astral Plane and also acts as your Strength score, but I think that might just have been in 2nd edition.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I mean theres a strong possibility that my brain is infested with a unique species of brainworms, but the more I hear about her the better she seems? And her weird wine mom approach to things might work out for her with people who arent politics nerds like us, we'll see I guess

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trump seemed like a joke to us and to the MSM, but Republicans took him very seriously from the start. He was at the top of the polls within, like, 20 minutes of calling Mexicans rapists. Williamson is at 0-1%. She’s not a threat and we can absolutely make her our fun meme candidate.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Typo posted:

it's cuz they gave yang like 2 questons and williamson like 5
I fully get that, it just shows how important the format of the debate is in framing everything. (and in Bernie's case that's not ideal because the questioning is driven by billionaire advertisers)

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

theblackw0lf posted:

Eh, they're pretty amazing organizers and strategists. Highly respected in the activist world around LA.

Not mutually exclusive. Ben Carson was a skilled neurosurgeon. He's...not that bright otherwise.

unwantedplatypus posted:

I mean theres a strong possibility that my brain is infested with a unique species of brainworms, but the more I hear about her the better she seems? And her weird wine mom approach to things might work out for her with people who arent politics nerds like us, we'll see I guess

See this is what I mean. Seek help for your brainworms please.

Mellow Seas posted:

Trump seemed like a joke to us and to the MSM, but Republicans took him very seriously from the start. He was at the top of the polls within, like, 20 minutes of calling Mexicans rapists. Williamson is at 0-1%. She’s not a threat and we can absolutely make her our fun meme candidate.

No thanks.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

unwantedplatypus posted:

that and the stuff she puts out there is genuinely funny

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

unwantedplatypus posted:

Nah. Her performance last night felt like every poo poo self help whatever, but her actual history looks promising. If her 2014 campaign policies are legit and still where she is then I'm fine with her plan for astral plane conscription.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

unwantedplatypus posted:

I'm not VERY worried about her but I'm more worried than i was at first

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

that and the stuff she puts out there is genuinely funny

this is still a better plan for dealing with ISIS than the Obama admin's

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mellow Seas posted:

said increasingly nervous man

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Typo posted:

If your post inspires two more people, and their posts each inspire two more people...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1144655011839991809

:prepop: this will not end well for biden

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Salean posted:

Is there a middle ground, a center, between crystals and racism that we could vote for?

my friend, let me tell you about Bernie Sanders

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/1144672892447277056

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

....wow. His campaign's ongoing self-destruction amuses me.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Williamson came off pretty crazy, but her heart appears to be in the right place, and that's more than can be said for most of the others. Plus, she's polling with the Tim Ryans and Kirsten Gillibrand's of the world, so it's not like she has an actual chance of going anywhere, so there's no real need to be really critical of her. Maybe she'll get an ambassadorship or something, at most.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

VitalSigns posted:

If your post inspires two more people, and their posts each inspire two more people...

there's prob a williamson quote about this and the golden egg

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

if this is a preview of his "clarification of his stance on bussing" to the rainbow coalition... :stonk:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

mmmmmmm, let me rub it all over

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if his prep team thought this was a good line or if he just ignored them.

Biden's dead, long live the new flesh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Williamson came off pretty crazy, but her heart appears to be in the right place, and that's more than can be said for most of the others. Plus, she's polling with the Tim Ryans and Kirsten Gillibrand's of the world, so it's not like she has an actual chance of going anywhere, so there's no real need to be really critical of her. Maybe she'll get an ambassadorship or something, at most.

new zealand, obvs

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Have you critically scrutinized your assumption that being high school debate club champion is synonymous with "electable"?

Yes. I think a lot of what makes someone electable is how good they are at stump speeches rallies and so on. She’s stern cop mom. That appeals to the middle. The right has to either attack her on her record (which they can’t do as well since they have to always cling to cops good everyone else bad)... or they do what they started last night, trolls talking about how she’s not black enough.

Being completely cynical here she also hits the “cool” bracket. She’s a black woman who’s got the adult statesperson thing down. People who went to the woman’s rally’s and then Barely pay attention to politics now because (it bums them out) )I know several) would easily get behind her.

That’s why I think she’s electable.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Marianne Williamson represents the tendency in liberals and many lefties to channel their desire for revolution into spiritualism and other immaterial avenues. It's a pretty unfortunate trait, but it's widespread. We're giving her a lot of credit because she still represents a revolutionary impulse; she understands much better than the majority of the field that our entire social structure is immoral, corrupt, and heading toward collapse. That doesn't mean that she can or would actually implement the level of reform or revolution necessary to solve the problem.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If there is a mole in the Biden camp: please convince him to win the youth vote he has to "do a rap". I'm Joe Biden and I'm here to say, I'm going to beat Trump in a decorous way!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I feel like Williamson confuses people the same way Gabbard does.

Legitimately better than 95% of Democratic politicians, yet still utterly horrible. But a ton of people hear someone say the first, and immediately jump to the conclusion that this is the same as saying she's good, because the alternative would be to face the fact that the party is mostly a pack of greedy evil opportunists lusting for foreign blood.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Marianne Williamson represents the tendency in liberals and many lefties to channel their desire for revolution into spiritualism and other immaterial avenues. It's a pretty unfortunate trait, but it's widespread. We're giving her a lot of credit because she still represents a revolutionary impulse; she understands much better than the majority of the field that our entire social structure is immoral, corrupt, and heading toward collapse. That doesn't mean that she can or would actually implement the level of reform or revolution necessary to solve the problem.

correct to be against "physic combat" using "sword of truth" is deeply counter-revolutionary act seeking to preserve capitalist status quo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LionArcher posted:

Yes. I think a lot of what makes someone electable is how good they are at stump speeches rallies and so on.

OK how do you think the President would score in formal debate team high competition.

If your answer is "bad" then it's clearly not the same set of skills as stump speeches and rallies.