Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
It's probably too soon to ask, but does anyone have some nice gunbreaker ability layouts? Hotbars that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Someone in FC chat compared what they'd seen of the story to Yoko Taro a few hours ago, and I kinda side-eyed that because I didn't think it was a descriptor to throw around so lightly.

I, uh, was wrong about that. There's a sequence in here straight out of one of the endings of Drakengard.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Amh Araeng story quest spoilers:

Holy poo poo, the end of "The Time Left To Us". :stonk:

Haurchefant, eat your heart out, my dude. They really aren't pulling any punches this expansion.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LordHippoman posted:

Amh Araeng story quest spoilers:

Holy poo poo, the end of "The Time Left To Us". :stonk:

Haurchefant, eat your heart out, my dude. They really aren't pulling any punches this expansion.

Not only was it incredibly effective but just holy poo poo at the direction and animation of cutscenes in this thing. That scene right there puts entire other games to shame, including FFXV

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Too terrified to come even close to looking at black bars. Having a ton of fun so far. Just wanna type this up now so I can revisit it in 2 years and see what's changed.

Expansion Goals:

- Clear my first raid tier.
- Get better at taking screenshots.
- Get closer to having every class at cap.
- Learn Gunbreaker well enough to consider changing mains.
- Come to terms with the fact that as I grow older and my life grows more complex, I'll probably have less time to play video games. Video gaming will always be my hobby and one of my passions, but I can't deny that I have a lot of changes planned in the next year and may not always have the time to raid and farm tomestones for hours on end every day.
- Change my hair to something better than Rainmaker.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
So I know the current tanks have heavy armor, but gun blades shop at hot topic. Do they have a new type of armor aside from aiming, striking, fending, etc.? I'm new. No level 70s or anything so I'm just curious how this works. Dancers wear bars armor right? Aiming?

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

vandalism posted:

So I know the current tanks have heavy armor, but gun blades shop at hot topic. Do they have a new type of armor aside from aiming, striking, fending, etc.? I'm new. No level 70s or anything so I'm just curious how this works. Dancers wear bars armor right? Aiming?

They wear the same gear as the other tanks, though the set you get from the coffer for unlocking the job looks like an edgier squall.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
MSQ and sidequests for my drk

LDR for my ast

Any fates I stumble on for my rdm

Leves and rested xp on my gatherers

Help

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Leal posted:

MSQ and sidequests for my drk

LDR for my ast

Any fates I stumble on for my rdm

Leves and rested xp on my gatherers

Help

Play one job to 80 first for the love of god

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

there's no new armor type which is a shame especially for dancer, since roughly 0% of bard or machinist armor looks good on them. I have a feeling 90% of all dancers are gonna be wearing the thavnairian clothes or dancer relic armor :sigh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Your Computer posted:

there's no new armor type which is a shame especially for dancer, since roughly 0% of bard or machinist armor looks good on them. I have a feeling 90% of all dancers are gonna be wearing the thavnairian clothes or dancer relic armor :sigh:

Coward.

Wear bell bottoms, a snazzy jacket, and an Afro.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hey so I see I can get a good chunk of xp doing deliveries, is that gonna actually pay out or will I turn them in and only get 3k xp like with leves?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Amon's hat looks good on everyone.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Has anyone digivolved their catboi into a catman yet? Been considering it but losing access to RDM hats feels like a strong deal breaker.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Philonius posted:

Amon's hat looks good on everyone.
not on the new races it doesn't :v:

...unless they can wear that specific hat, in which case that would be very good news

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
good night sweet prince

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

RIP Aether

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Servers dying, Cloud.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
and primal

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Do we have any details on the new crystarium deliveries yet? How soon can we unlock them, do they share allowances with the old custom deliveries, are they good exp, etc.?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oh cool, my queue jumped from 1131 to 1562.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wanted to view more cutscenes and palm punching, not be #1100 in the queue again :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

New MCH is :krad:. It's gonna take some time to readjust thanks to muscle memory but so far I'm really liking it.

They've successfully uncoupled the rigid Wildfire/Overheat rotation from your abilities and your damage output, so you really only have to be concerned with making sure you have 50+ heat in the tank before you WF, and then seeing how fast you can mash Heat Blast or Auto Crossbow. It'll also be important to make sure your charged shots and your tools are always on cooldown so you're using them as often as possible and you can benefit from HB's additional recharging effect. Then you do your 1-2-3 while everything else is on cooldown, and summon the Rook at 100 battery.

And man oh man, I love being able to use Spread Shot for free now. Rip in peace, TP.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

How quickly does the Illegal Third Party DPS Tracking Tool take to get updated typically?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Saigyouji posted:

Also I like how I'm not even out of the level 70 quests (finished the second of the split zones, partway through the first), and two NPCs have already been brutally murdered.

Yeah, it sure is the most FFXIV it's ever been.

Also it can not be stressed enough how rad the song Shadowbringers is and how profoundly hype the point they took for the intro screen is. It's like we start 3/4ths of the way into our traditional "Let's loving go!" death march to victory.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Aaaand 2002 error while waiting in queue to log back in

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Kicked out to a 970 player queue, nice.

It's starting! :classiclol:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My first feeling so far is They've done a really effective job in making Sin Eaters feel terrifying. Not just That Scene but even in the first dungeon you just seem them swooping down and cocooning anything they find, from which emerges horrible distorted broken versions of them seeking only to devour flesh and souls. Even if they don't kill you they can infect you. They're basically uberzombies

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Leal posted:

Aaaand 2002 error while waiting in queue to log back in

:same:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guess I'm not finishing that dungeon!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hope this isn't a DDoS or something

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
how nice, my copy of mario maker was delivered right as the servers died

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

ImpAtom posted:

If we were gambling it's what I'd put my money on. Happened with Stormblood, has been happening with WoW, I'm anticipating it now. At a point where I assume major expansion releases will be accompanied by DDoS attacks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ImpAtom posted:

It was a confirmed DDoS on the forums/reddit. I guess school/works out for some kiddos!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

almost a whole day without major issues, rip to the brave overworked servers

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I guess I could use another nap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CYBEReris posted:

almost a whole day without major issues, rip to the brave overworked servers

Yea hard to be too pissed I got booted after spending all morning in game smooth as silk.

Boy this game sure starts strong though, still not even 71 but I just finished That Quest right before the servers went down and jesus christ what a moment.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
For those that have tried the Trusts, how are they?

Thinking of running story dungeons with trusts first time around just to see the NPCs, and to avoid any and all queue issues.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

jokes posted:

It was a confirmed DDoS on the forums/reddit. I guess school/works out for some kiddos!

Who the gently caress works a long day and then gets home with a burning desire to launch a bot net against a video game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well I managed to change into a bunny, unlock Dancer and Gunbreaker, and get to the new city before the servers died, so at least it wasn't a waste.