Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doc M posted:

Does it count as boycotting if I wasn't going to buy it anyway

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2k19 good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

so surprise to absolutely nobody but big rumor isthe WWE 2K20 campaign mode is centered around the career of Hulk Hogan starting in AWA all the way up to Rock/Hogan at Mania X8. one silver lining i guess is this means we probably get a decent number of WCW arenas. Kofi better be the cover athlete if they're going this hard with it.

Does it come with a free digital download of Mr. Nanny?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Shockingly yeah it is. I skipped 2k18 because lol 17 sucked poo poo.

I'm not buying 2K20 if the Hogan thing is legit. I'll stick to 19 for my modern wrestling nonsense and fire up Smackdown 2 or No Mercy if I want something less complicated.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k19 is the best in the series since wwe 13, which was the best entry since SvR 06.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I could beat up Hulk Hogan

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

2K19's story mode was stupid but it was pretty funny at times, with your buddy texting you increasingly lazy gimmick ideas at 3 am and so forth.

The gameplay was fine I think but i also hadn't played one since 2K16 so who knows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I liked 2K19 as well, and the downright weirdness of the story mode was a big factor. The creation suites in those games are still drat good and even if I don't actually play a match, it's fun to just pack a bowl and play dolly dress up with wrestlers.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I haven't touched a 2K game since I found out how easy it is to install plenty of the AKI Mods.

Thinking of all the guys they need in to guarantee the full Hogan experience. Gotta have Brother Brutti, with all of his alternate outfits. The Nasty Boys. Every member of the black and white, I won't accept a game without Bryan Adams and Michael Wallstreet.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tato posted:

I haven't touched a 2K game since I found out how easy it is to install plenty of the AKI Mods.

Thinking of all the guys they need in to guarantee the full Hogan experience. Gotta have Brother Brutti, with all of his alternate outfits. The Nasty Boys. Every member of the black and white, I won't accept a game without Bryan Adams and Michael Wallstreet.

I can’t wait for the lustful eyes DLC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

2k19 is the best in the series since wwe 13, which was the best entry since SvR 06.

This is faint praise. I mean 06 was cool because it would throw you some weird stories and the physics fuckery was neat but the actual mechanics were trashy run and spam knees and do all the highspots you can before the other guy gets up stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

2K19's story mode was stupid but it was pretty funny at times, with your buddy texting you increasingly lazy gimmick ideas at 3 am and so forth.

The gameplay was fine I think but i also hadn't played one since 2K16 so who knows.

That stuck with you but not Matt Hardy summoning you to the endless void of the multiverse for weeks?

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

coconono posted:

This is faint praise. I mean 06 was cool because it would throw you some weird stories and the physics fuckery was neat but the actual mechanics were trashy run and spam knees and do all the highspots you can before the other guy gets up stuff.

yeah it owned and that's why the greatest wrestler Kenny Omega chose to wrestle like a SvR character

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

I got to do World Champ Christian in my GM Mode for a solid year. 06 was my fav wrestling game for a long long while because of just GM Mode

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

I got to do World Champ Christian in my GM Mode for a solid year. 06 was my fav wrestling game for a long long while because of just GM Mode

I've told this story a zillion times but I made a concerted effort to book Muhammad Hassan into the top spot and as soon as he gets the title, injured for a whole year. I got so mad and never did GM mode again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know that game was considered especially good. I'm glad it was my last WWE game

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I got an email stating all Choice of Games… games were on sale. I wonder if it’s only through their omnibus app or what.

I dunno about mobile, but its on sale on Steam right now. $3.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Turns out Hogan Mode is actually the return of GM Mode in a weird hybrid simulation. You have to work the backstage politics and make sure you stay over while making sure people are always mad at someone else. Don't crack under pressure when you're on the stand for the steroid trials. Consult the calendar and time your absences to coincide with the NBA Playoffs. Push it too far and you might end up doing a televised job to Goldberg when you only meant to do it in a dark match. But if you're a true Hulkamaniac you'll persevere and find a way to be the center of attention even when you aren't the champ.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Turns out Hogan Mode is actually the return of GM Mode in a weird hybrid simulation. You have to work the backstage politics and make sure you stay over while making sure people are always mad at someone else. Don't crack under pressure when you're on the stand for the steroid trials. Consult the calendar and time your absences to coincide with the NBA Playoffs. Push it too far and you might end up doing a televised job to Goldberg when you only meant to do it in a dark match. But if you're a true Hulkamaniac you'll persevere and find a way to be the center of attention even when you aren't the champ.

Post-game you help a libertarian vampire destroy a website out of spite.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Get a pay bonus for every union attempt you snitch out to the boss

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Get a pay bonus for every union attempt you snitch out to the boss

Would rather play a Jesse Ventura mode that halfway through becomes about running the state of Minnesota and warning people about HAARP.

Hell there's probably at least 20 other wrestlers I can think of who I would rather play career mode retrospectives of instead of Hogan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake the snake minigame where you have to make the mountain of cocaine disappear before you divorce lawyers serve you.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ric Flair Financial simulator

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Virgil Con Sim is just a bleaker Cart Life remake

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Owen Hart Flight Simulator

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a wrestling game like yakuza where the story is about your guy dealing with backstage politics sure would be "bad."

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Works are an intricate rhythm game and shoots use Yakuza combat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

a wrestling game like yakuza where the story is about your guy dealing with backstage politics sure would be "bad."

Bad meaning good or bad meaning bad?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the urban dictionary definition from 2003, which was my time. the later urban dictionary definition which means an attractive woman is from after my time

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And now trying to run a Royal Rumble with the Fire Pro mods causes the game to run out of memory and crash. Dammit that was one part of the Mod suite I really liked too. (Confirmed with Carlzilla, it's not the mod, it's just a crash.)

Why does this little game have to be so memory intensive, I don't have a supercomputer.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I haven't been this jacked to play as Hogan since he dared me to try on the largest arms in the world in WCW Nitro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-m-IOahSYU

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

And now trying to run a Royal Rumble with the Fire Pro mods causes the game to run out of memory and crash. Dammit that was one part of the Mod suite I really liked too. (Confirmed with Carlzilla, it's not the mod, it's just a crash.)

Why does this little game have to be so memory intensive, I don't have a supercomputer.

how many entrants? mine would crash after 112 or so with 4gb of ram.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Budget Dracula posted:

how many entrants? mine would crash after 112 or so with 4gb of ram.

I'm running with 8 gb or Ram but on an oldish Macbook Pro running Windows 7 in Bootcamp, and I've gotten as far as maybe 10, so- whatever this is it's unusual. I've been booking 22 and even just 12 extra participants and it ran *better* but still got to a crash eventually.

Could be a lack of drive space in my partition making things run slower?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
In other news I now have a feud going between Rebecca Bunch and Waluigi, both of whom did run ins on another match to continue fighting each other.

Random interference doesn’t always produce good results but man when it does.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope with Hogan being the main story we get playable Akeem and Zeus.

Playable IRS, Beefcake in a Face Mask, WCW Warrior, Bischoff, Jay Leno, Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 29, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope with Hogan being the main story we get playable Akeem and Zeus.

Playable IRS, Beefcake in a Face Mask, WCW Warrior, Bischoff, Jay Leno, Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone

For all the celebs they'll probably do what they did with Tyson in the Austin career mode and replace him with a generic wrestler like THE BODYGUARD.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I just bought 2k19 at a sale and.. i must be dumb dumb cos i dont understand half of it.

I made a character whose overall is 47.. had few matches in "story" mode, just beat black hole dude in falls count anywhere fight. And how do i make my dude better? I look at the attributes/skills menus and i cant do anything? I cant change my skill which seems to be tag Team for some reason?

I have large amount of some kind of currency and the game tells me to buy loot boxes?

How long is the story mode? I feel like i played hour or two and had three matches and lot of cut scenes. Braun beat me in ten seconds is that normal?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I have this feeling that since its WWE, his entire wcw career will probably consist of him beating flair as a babyface in 94, his turn at bash at the beach, his loss and win over luger, Sting nonsense, and his loss to goldberg. Maybe if we're lucky, the Warrior stuff too since they already have Havoc 98 to work with.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm running with 8 gb or Ram but on an oldish Macbook Pro running Windows 7 in Bootcamp, and I've gotten as far as maybe 10, so- whatever this is it's unusual. I've been booking 22 and even just 12 extra participants and it ran *better* but still got to a crash eventually.

Could be a lack of drive space in my partition making things run slower?

The amount of RAM you have doesn't matter to Fire Pro. It's a 32-bit program so maxes out and starts to get unstable once you get close to 4 GB of RAM usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I have this feeling that since its WWE, his entire wcw career will probably consist of him beating flair as a babyface in 94, his turn at bash at the beach, his loss and win over luger, Sting nonsense, and his loss to goldberg. Maybe if we're lucky, the Warrior stuff too since they already have Havoc 98 to work with.

If it's anything like the Stone Cold one, I imagine it would be 1 AWA match, 2 WCW matches (one face, one heel) and 20 or so WWF/E matches.