Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Sandwolf posted:

Desperate to find the new Aguero I reckon.

To get the same % return they'd have to sell him for like 240m

So I guess in a couple years he'll be off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bobby Digital posted:

Ivan’s gonna get you a nice shiny Mustafi.

If that loving turd comes anywhere near Milan I'll be mad as hell and also completely unsurprised.

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah but as far as I know, there wasn't a rumour going around higher up on this page that they had, unlike with United and Longstaff.

I think that was just Jose making a joke, but maybe not!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

I think that was just Jose making a joke, but maybe not!

Could be, but Longstaff has been linked with United and a number of "sources" came out to say there's been no contact, so either Jose got lucky or they're all secretly TBP readers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its been in the local press for weeks

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

sounds like de Ligt is out for PSG - he wants a big fat release clause in his contract (the story goes) but that's illegal in France, so

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Jason Sextro posted:

sounds like de Ligt is out for PSG - he wants a big fat release clause in his contract (the story goes) but that's illegal in France, so

Can't they just adopt him into the Royal Family and pay him that way?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://www.twitter.com/LFC/status/1144372165220950017

Rafa Camacho from Liverpool to Sporting is a done deal

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Either clarke the leeds winger or ndombele from lyon are signing for spurs today apparently. The top level spurs "itk" has spoken.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jippa posted:

Either clarke the leeds winger or ndombele from lyon are signing for spurs today apparently. The top level spurs "itk" has spoken.

There's a thing on f365 about Aulas suddenly deciding to up the price on Ndombele, so I imagine it's Clarke

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Clarke passed his medical yesterday supposedly.

No dodgy blood bag this time.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

tarbrush posted:

There's a thing on f365 about Aulas suddenly deciding to up the price on Ndombele, so I imagine it's Clarke

Aulas has a huge history of talking nonsense in the press about signings. He also apparently harbours a huge grudge with daniel levy over the lloris transfer. So I wouldn't read that much into it. It still doesn't mean ndombele is signing though.

31/08/12
"I would put it at 50-50 that Hugo goes to Tottenham. Agreements have not at all been respected. We've done what we can
31/08/12
Hugo Lloris joins Tottenham

14/08/15
Another English club has come in for Clinton N'Jie
15/08/15
Clinton N'Jie joins Tottenham

28/06/17
In an interview with the French broadcaster, Aulas said: "I do not think that Alexandre Lacazette will leave this summer.
05/07/17
Alexandre Lacazette completed his £52.7m move to Arsenal from Lyon and said it represented the fulfilment of a childhood dream

05/06/19
"Olympique Lyonnais denies an agreement with Real Madrid for a possible transfer of its international defender Ferland Mendy, contrary to what can be relayed by some media."
12/06/19
Real Madrid have signed left-back Ferland Mendy from Lyon in a deal worth up to £47.1m, which takes their summer spending close to £300m.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Reputable sources are saying Juve and Roma are about to do a swap deal of Leonardo Spinazzola for Luca Pellegrini and €10m. I know Pellegrini is a really good prospect, but I like Spinazzola. I guess it probably would indicate that Alex Sandro isn't going anywhere.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

trem_two posted:

Reputable sources are saying Juve and Roma are about to do a swap deal of Leonardo Spinazzola for Luca Pellegrini and €10m. I know Pellegrini is a really good prospect, but I like Spinazzola. I guess it probably would indicate that Alex Sandro isn't going anywhere.

Are they getting rabiot still?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

Are they getting rabiot still?

It does sound probable at this point, but who knows, he seems a bit flaky.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Zaha has told Palace he wants to go to Arsenal and hopes they will lower his asking price. Sounds like silly season to me, even though we need other positions addressing would be hype to see Arsenal bring in a highly rated Premiership player, which is why it wont happen.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
can't believe we're actually going to sell longstaff

i just wrote out a list of stuff that makes this insane but loving hell suffice to say we're going down next year

it's also probably an indication that any takeover is loving miles away (if real/at all) if we're selling players off, there's no way any prospective buyers would be happy with that

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jippa posted:

The Clarke deal is done according to everyone in leeds but wont go officially through until Monday for FFP reasons

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kcer posted:

can't believe we're actually going to sell longstaff

i just wrote out a list of stuff that makes this insane but loving hell suffice to say we're going down next year

it's also probably an indication that any takeover is loving miles away (if real/at all) if we're selling players off, there's no way any prospective buyers would be happy with that

Ashley’s a vindictive oval office and he’s punishing the fans for not loving him

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

The Clarke deal is done according to everyone in leeds but wont go officially through until Monday for FFP reasons

Why would Spurs (lol) or Leeds be worried about ffp?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

brasstassels posted:

Why would Spurs (lol) or Leeds be worried about ffp?

Championship clubs have limits on funds and funding under more stringent FFP rules that clubs ignore so it might be that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think it's £15m losses a year for Championship seasons so if Leeds are alright this season they can use it to spend more next.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

blue footed boobie posted:

They’re buying into one of Mendes’ player packages.

Yeah this is definitely it, Benfica Will buy back some atlético left overs eventually.
Felix has insane potential and he was a god send for us, but...it's 120 million for a 19 year old with a single season of professional football under his belt, it's insane money.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Mods please change the title of the thread to "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" in the voice of the merchant from resident evil 4, thank you

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
we're gonna lose longstaff and colback will be back in the first team :negative:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Maurizio Sarri (who transferred to Juve, remember) with the loving ice burn.

Sarri posted:

I had the good fortune to coach Chelsea, a club that has become very important in recent years, but Juventus is different. Here the story is 100 years old, in Chelsea it started about 20 years ago.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

kcer posted:

we're gonna lose longstaff and colback will be back in the first team :negative:

May I offer you a Mohamed Elneny in this trying time?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/ldu_oficial/status/1144614659196145664?s=21

Valencia to Liga de Quito is a done deal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Liga de Quito sounds like the Spanish way of saying someone's retired because they're too poo poo for a top club/league

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

pik_d posted:

Liga de Quito sounds like the Spanish way of saying someone's retired because they're too poo poo for a top club/league

No they were calling you hijo de puta. A common mistake.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1144924076886167553?s=20

Done Deal

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
That's a real good signing for United, unfortunately. Wan Bissaka might not develop into the player he looks like he could be, but he's still a very good fullback going to a team in desperate need of one.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Gonna be funny watching him sit on the bench all year behind Young

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Ferguson managed Rafael into a three-time EPL winning fullback. Why is any defender worth 45mil+?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

Ferguson managed Rafael into a three-time EPL winning fullback. Why is any defender worth 45mil+?

Because Alex Ferguson retired years ago and some defenders are better than others.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 29, 2019

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Reprisal posted:

Ferguson managed a lot of mediocre squad players to glory, it's a lot harder than it looks as discovered by every successive United manager.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There was a mysterious "leaked" email from Ed Woodward saying United are after exciting players, building patiently for the long-term future, and that despite an "inflated market" United are calmly working behind the scenes to accomplish those goals.

Leading to this tweet which made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1144985005229268992

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Forums > The Bung Piepit > Summer Transfer Thread: One Exquisite Boy We Would Like to Keep

https://twitter.com/JM_Aulas/status/1144982373693612033?s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently now United are going after Longstaff, with talk of a £15m bid with addons being talked about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brasstassels posted:

Forums > The Bung Piepit > Summer Transfer Thread: One Exquisite Boy We Would Like to Keep