Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:siren: :siren: :siren: Important update!!

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1144728464781524992

"We are sticking with our decision"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The game comes out in under half a year. That was never going to not be the case.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Heading to Reddit now :munch:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Adding to this, the games are practically done, and they can say they're going to put the remaining Pokemon into the next game... because they're already making it. Hell, Gen 9 is probably in planning phase.

A shame to make such big news a passing remark in the Treehouse, but they made this decision like 2 years ago.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Totally, I didn't think they had an intention of changing it. I just think it's funny they made special message just to be like

https://twitter.com/shofu/status/1144732493058363397

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Who would have thunk that coding in 100 to 300 Pokemon in 4 and a half months would be outright impossible, especially when the game is already in a finished state?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's going to be real cool like 3 years from now when gen 8.5 or something comes out and it has a national dex and people datamine it and show that they just added the existing X/Y models in proper HD to the game's pokemon supported table and nothing more.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"please buy our Diamond and Pearl remakes coming in 2020 to maybe see your favourite Pokemon"

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
New mobile Pokémon game

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-masters-brings-sync-pair-battles-with-famous-trainers-to-ios-and-android-devices/

https://youtu.be/QXuT7ZsrqRA

You can join your favourite trainer in battle, but no word on if you're able to date them? So the dream of hooking up with Bruno is still left unrealized

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Shneak posted:

"please buy our Diamond and Pearl remakes coming in 2020 to maybe see your favourite Pokemon"
I wonder how DP remakes will work, if SwSh doesn't have the full DP pokedex in it from the start? They'd be the same generation, but would they allow trading/battling between the two? That's pretty dang important, you know.

If they do release a remaster of DP, they'd either have to
-have everything in SwSh that's in DP, ie: no new pokemon available, which would probably rightfully piss off a whole load of people
-disallow communication between the two/seriously limit communication between the two, causing fans to riot
-patch the "new" models into SwSh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's going to be real cool like 3 years from now when gen 8.5 or something comes out and it has a national dex and people datamine it and show that they just added the existing X/Y models in proper HD to the game's pokemon supported table and nothing more.

They'll find that out in like a year when they release whatever the next pokemon game is.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Who would have thunk that coding in 100 to 300 Pokemon in 4 and a half months would be outright impossible, especially when the game is already in a finished state?

Could have relented on continuing with this decision in subsequent titles, but oh well, guess fangames are going to be the good way to play Pokemon from this generation onwards.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"After much internal deliberation we have determined that there is no loving way anyone cares about Stantler"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why would swoshi need to trade with radiant diamond and lustrous pearl when you can look at those gen 4 monsters in Home

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao why even say anything about it again

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The next time someone asks about it, Game Freak will prune twenty more Pokemon from SwSh.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

The next time someone asks about it, Game Freak will prune twenty more Pokemon from SwSh.

Lets ask again and again until there is one pokemon standing.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Put the Bunnelby back in the box.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

qnqnx posted:

Lets ask again and again until there is one pokemon standing.

The fight raged on for a century
Many lives were claimed but eventually
The champion stood, the rest saw their better
Happiny in a blood-stained sweater

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, making Gallade male-only was a mistake, IMO. I like sexually dimorphic Pokemon when they're inspired by animal sexual dimorphism, but not when they're inspired by human gender roles.

Edit: Well, I also dislike the lack of an evolution for male Combee. I understand the biological logic of it, but having 87.5% of all Combee eternally stuck at 244 BST was a mistake, IMO. Maybe they should get an ability and form similar to Wishiwashi's Schooling. Or maybe an item called Royal Jelly that turns them female.

A pokemon that’s just a massive pile of bees would be pretty awesome

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

The fight raged on for a century
Many lives were claimed but eventually
The champion stood, the rest saw their better
Happiny in a blood-stained sweater

Well played.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Finished Alpha Sapphire, not exhaustively but I did complete the Delta Episode. Not bad, but I felt it dragged on a little too long. Or maybe I've been playing too much Pokemon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Macaluso posted:

They should have just said nothing. I don’t see how this makes anyone feel better about the whole thing.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Starting Sun right now. Why is the professor a jabroni

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should have just said nothing. I don’t see how this makes anyone feel better about the whole thing.
To be fair there are a lot of people out there doomsaying like their favorite Pokemon not being usable in Sword/Shield means they will never see them again. Obviously they'll be back in either Home or the new game but maybe hearing that directly from the producers is what they needed to stop being crazy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Farecoal posted:

beta cuck spotted

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Farecoal posted:

Professor Kukui is great and his abs are greater

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's kind of wildly inappropriate for Kiawe and Kukui to be shirtless in class

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
pokemon games should be outlawed for adults imo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Rowlet??? Is very good :kimchi:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

(Yeah I know, these two circumstances are apples and oranges, but I couldn't resist)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mizuti posted:

(Yeah I know, these two circumstances are apples and oranges, but I couldn't resist)

No, this is pretty apt really.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

qnqnx posted:

Could have relented on continuing with this decision in subsequent titles, but oh well, guess fangames are going to be the good way to play Pokemon from this generation onwards.

If you meant it as a joke, congratulations, you've genuinely made me laugh incredibly hard.

If you meant it seriously, may I suggest our LP subforum? Specifically, the threads for "Reborn" and "Rejuvenation". Or, if you want something archived, the LP Archive has "Uranium".

Flopsy posted:

No, this is pretty apt really.

Nowhere near. Bethesda literally stole from people. That was a collector's item they sold, they already had the money, and they didn't give their customers what they bought. That is what in this world we call "stealing", which is a crime, which should have legal consequences.

Game Freak took a decision on the product they're making. They never said they'd do otherwise, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter, because said product has not been released yet and any information can change until that happens. No money has gotten to them, as any pre-purchase can be easily cancelled.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Tough but fair.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so should Marvel movies tbh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

To be fair there are a lot of people out there doomsaying like their favorite Pokemon not being usable in Sword/Shield means they will never see them again. Obviously they'll be back in either Home or the new game but maybe hearing that directly from the producers is what they needed to stop being crazy.

I thought Home wasn't a game, it was just another storage space. One that you can put Pokemon from pre-Sword/Shield into, but not take out of or send to Sword/Shield.

And he was careful to note that prior 'mons might come back in future games. The impression I got from the "letter" was that going forward, GF is no longer going to release games in which all Pokemon will be obtainable/usable, but instead a selection of older pokemon will accompany new ones.

We'll see if they walk that back once they realize that they need to pad the pokemon count because they won't be able to make 100+ new pokemon every generation. poo poo, I don't buy them being able to make 50+ new ones each gen.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Annath posted:

I thought Home wasn't a game, it was just another storage space. One that you can put Pokemon from pre-Sword/Shield into, but not take out of or send to Sword/Shield.

They've already said Home will have functionality beyond being just Bank on Switch, though what that functionality is is unclear beyond being able to trade.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I don't get the deal with Home. We already have Bank to store stuff so why don't they just patch it for the new gen like they did with gen 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just realized what I want the most out of these games is the GAMEFREAK trainer class to come back and only have old pokemon few people like, so someone can be mad that Simisear only got in because Morimoto's in-game trainer needs it.

Anyway, sure, some people are crazy and want all pokemon in at launch with home compatibility, but the more sensible thing people are asking for is for the remainder of the roster to be patched in via HOME compatibility over time. These crazy post-launch updates that Nintendo commonly does.