Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Williamson is CANCELLED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1144676557291687936

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean I can't even be that mad at this concept because it's very true that a great deal of potential is lost in modern society because people aren't free to pursue what they can really contribute to it.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oh poo poo this is gonna be the campaign that launches a million Pepes except leftist.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

ELO Musk posted:

I mean I can't even be that mad at this concept because it's very true that a great deal of potential is lost in modern society because people aren't free to pursue what they can really contribute to it.
Look dude, it's not called the mortal science of Marxism-Leninism, alright?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

yronic heroism posted:

Oh poo poo this is gonna be the campaign that launches a million Pepes except leftist.

I don't know, she's explicitly deriding the labor theory of value.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I mean she has a point in that for too long we placed a persons value and self worth based their momentary production ability .

Translation: the spirit hippie lady says capitalism is bad and I agree.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1144723276364689413

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

we're all going to die transcend our fleshy mortal shells

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This kind of bullshit is why Trump gets away with calling the media fake news.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
So, I'm wondering how much this busing thing will hurt Biden. Does anybody know if thereel are any recent polls about the attitude towards busing among the general population and the Democratic party?

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

selec posted:

I’d read she’s not anti vax but anti mandatory vax? Do you have a source for this claim otherwise?

Being anti-mandatory vax is being anti-vax, it's no different than Biden being against "Mandatory busing" the whole loving point of busing was that it was mandatory, voluntary busing would just have left the same segregation in place that exists without it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Without "mandatory", herd immunity is not fully effective.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Skex posted:

Being anti-mandatory vax is being anti-vax, it's no different than Biden being against "Mandatory busing" the whole loving point of busing was that it was mandatory, voluntary busing would just have left the same segregation in place that exists without it.

drat there goes the majority of Democratic candidates.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

papa horny michael posted:

Good

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Epicurius posted:

So, I'm wondering how much this busing thing will hurt Biden. Does anybody know if thereel are any recent polls about the attitude towards busing among the general population and the Democratic party?

I dunno, but the media and political establishment seem to hate it. Having your own staffers running to the media to swear they advised you against doing what you're currently doing is rarely a good place to be.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm completely opposed to mandatory busing. I don't think children should be forced to take the bus to school; I rode my bike every day and it was alot of fun (and good exercise). Why would we want to take that away?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my dad hated busing as a teen because it added a bunch of time to their ride home.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 28, 2019

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Main Paineframe posted:

I dunno, but the media and political establishment seem to hate it. Having your own staffers running to the media to swear they advised you against doing what you're currently doing is rarely a good place to be.

Oh, no doubt. I was just wondering if people had numbers on attitudes.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

LOL at everyone defending private insurance though. Bernie touched upon but failed to actually explain why that's bad/unworkable, if I didn't know it already I wouldn't have understood what he was trying to say, so again, disappointed in him.

Ironically, Harris made a pretty good case against private insurers last night, which made her walkback right afterward all the more disingenuous.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

What is the source of this data?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i like how the thread continues to poo poo on Marianne yet she's better than every loving neoliberal shill up there, and you have nothing to back up your argument other than "she's sooo wackyyyy".

Marianne wouldn't go to war, she supports reparations, she wants you to have healthcare, she's against imperialism.

she's better than harris, biden, booker, warren. literally only Bernie is a better choice.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Has Oprah endorsed her run for president yet, though? This is very important to me.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

i like how the thread continues to poo poo on Marianne yet she's better than every loving neoliberal shill up there, and you have nothing to back up your argument other than "she's sooo wackyyyy".

Marianne wouldn't go to war, she supports reparations, she wants you to have healthcare, she's against imperialism.

she's better than harris, biden, booker, warren. literally only Bernie is a better choice.

She's also Dianne Chambers but real, but go off man

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

Even here we aren't free from the Harry Potter comparisons

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TulliusCicero posted:

keep comparing her to a fictional tv show person to make yourself seem very smart, you lanyard liberal.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Punk da Bundo posted:

she wants you to have healthcare

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gripweed posted:

Even here we aren't free from the Harry Potter comparisons

They just released Harry Potter Go (to the polls) this week!

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Epicurius posted:

I just saw one that was 59% in 2009 were against it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:lol: of course the same ol circular firing squad crowd is rallying behind the anti-vax candidate. Of course.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

How are u posted:

:lol: of course the same ol circular firing squad crowd is rallying behind the anti-vax candidate. Of course.

I'm alternating between being part of the problem / the joke, and stark terror of my glimpses of our future.

I still mostly refuse to believe anyone would be unironically supporting her as a candidate, and will continue to refuse when she wins Iowa and New Hampshire

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Punk da Bundo posted:

I respect this gimmick, you can be the Marianne stan itt.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:ughh:

I hate this. I'm envisioning a legion of angels coming and making her go away.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Punk da Bundo posted:

I have to disagree with LK. I find this gimmick insipid, tiring, uninspired, and rage inducing. Oh, and stupid as gently caress. Liberal.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

the continued joking reactions to williamson has me half-convinced she’ll see a bump in donations and polls post-debate. not major, but more than yang and many of the also-rans who have been forgotten in the commentary

like, i think Bennett got twice her speaking time and i haven’t heard him discussed at all in the press

she got a bump in LK's poll between this thread and the last one, and it looks like she's got most of the former stalin vote, fwiw. :angel:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How are u posted:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm alternating between being part of the problem / the joke, and stark terror of my glimpses of our future.

I still mostly refuse to believe anyone would be unironically supporting her as a candidate, and will continue to refuse when she wins Iowa and New Hampshire

No one's "rallying behind" anyone, what is wrong with you people. Literally no one in this discussion is voting for Marianne (and this also makes MainPainframe's earlier comparison to Ron Paul very dumb, since Ron Paul actually had a bunch of posters unironically wanting him to win).

People were only arguing that there is no reason to consider her worse than most of the other candidates, and they're 100% correct in that evaluation. This is meant to highlight the amount of immensely harmful and hosed up beliefs and policies that have mainstream acceptance among those other candidates.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lightning Knight posted:

I respect this gimmick, you can be the Marianne stan itt.

What's wrong in that post?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It’s ok, the Marianne stans will be punished in due time like the Basta stans, for they have forsaken the One True Church of the Bern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

papa horny michael posted:

Yes, when Buttigieg came out with his bullshit vaccine bullshit I was pissed off at him as well. The non-answers are bullshit, anyone wanting to get rid of religious exemptions is around a B, getting rid of both is an A, and extra credit to Warren for understanding the issue of Doctors who hand out bullshit medical exemptions.