Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nonviolent J posted:

So you'd rather not use lakka at all then have to use it in handheld, single player at home?

Yes, exactly. I bought a switch for multiplayer games on the go, and if I can't play goldeneye at my rooftop parties there's no point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is a PSTV question, but how you get the permanent firmware? I installed what I thought was the one, Enso but anytime the PSTV restarts, I have to go to the browser to enable Henkaku again.

Also I noticed a weird issue where Adventure of Mana which was on my previous Vita, won't launch. I just get a black screen upon launching.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ylws8bot/status/1143307983641808897?s=19

lmao

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

frigging FINALLY!

these are the general system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience that I've been waiting on for years

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Cant believe they were so lax with haxchi

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:laffo:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Partially believe this has something to do with SMM2

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

the national nightmare is finally over

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

LODGE NORTH posted:

Partially believe this has something to do with SMM2

How so?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I’m not sure how really. Just think that someway Nintendo handles first-party games that have an increased emphasis on online play needs updating or changing when the next game comes for whatever reason. Maybe blocking people from connecting to the previous game, preventing errors for those playing the old one and putting in or connecting to newer copies etc - I genuinely don’t know.

My only reason for why I think this is that Nintendo updated the Wii U once in 2017 and that was a few days before the release of Splatoon 2.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It's almost always browser certificate updates. It's probably eshop related. There's practically zero chance they're bothering with security patches for the wii U, especially considering they've left the 3DS wide open since 2015.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Anyone use emuiibo? Sounds cool but it was still pretty new last time I looked at it, curious as to how stable/compatible it is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're going to go to Amiibo jail.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Cojawfee posted:

You're going to go to Amiibo jail.

This?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Crindee posted:

Anyone use emuiibo? Sounds cool but it was still pretty new last time I looked at it, curious as to how stable/compatible it is.

It works, but part of me is cooler with just making my own cards with Tagmo, and some cheap NFC cards or stickers off eBay. But if you like to just have poo poo digitally, emuiibo is the way to go.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Patched switches on 4.1 can now boot into custom firmware with PegaScape

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 27, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I've halfway been following this thread, and attempted to look up the info, but it's a bit spotty. Is Switch coldboot a thing now? From memory waaaay back when I bought my Switch (when the exploit was originally found) it's on like 4.1 or possibly earlier firmware. It's been sitting unopened on a shelf since then. Last I checked you could use sleep mode but needed a jig or whatever if you ever lost power/turned it off.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Only if you want to install a modchip. Sleep mode is great not having to reinject. You'd only have to do it if the battery dies.

With being able to inject RCM using my phone, I really don't see this as a problem for me anymore.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Mailer posted:

I've halfway been following this thread, and attempted to look up the info, but it's a bit spotty. Is Switch coldboot a thing now? From memory waaaay back when I bought my Switch (when the exploit was originally found) it's on like 4.1 or possibly earlier firmware. It's been sitting unopened on a shelf since then. Last I checked you could use sleep mode but needed a jig or whatever if you ever lost power/turned it off.

As far as I understand, only mod chips allow cold booting in the traditional sense. We have "warmbooting" for when you go through the OS to reboot etc. which is supposed by the three major CFWs. There's also no need for a jig anymore as people use AutoRCM (you'd get to RCM by using a jig) and then from there, you can either plug it into your computer or use a dongle (a USB drive sized thing that pushes payloads for you).

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
1.0.0 is probably the only firmware that may get cold boot, possibly but who knows

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Right now the closest way to untethered is using pegaswitch or PegaScape, where you need to connect to a DNS either hosted online or self hosted, it's speculated that the browser may be able to cache the exploit just like the PS4 Pegasus so you'd only need to run it once then it's saved, but it hasnt been explored and the webapplets cache was supposedly changed or removed in 2.0.0

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Nonviolent J posted:

1.0.0 is probably the only firmware that may get cold boot, possibly but who knows

I bought a 1.0.0 switch a while ago I've been sitting on, waiting for the day...

But getting pretty tempted to gently caress around with it.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I bought a 1.0.0 switch a while ago I've been sitting on, waiting for the day...

But getting pretty tempted to gently caress around with it.

Either make a nand backup and update without burning your fuses so you can go back down to 1.0.0 again or use emuMMC to boot from 1.0.0 to whatever you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZvmoRjA1U

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 27, 2019

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

My 1.0.0 got hacked to high heaven as soon as they added wallpaper support, but I'm pretty sure I could flash it to an identical pre-hacked state if I wanted to, provided I never messed any of the many edge-cases up.

You also don't need a jig to hack 1.0.0 -- there's a PegaSwitch exploit out there somewhere which will get you into RCM.

I think I had to install an Ubuntu VM to run it, but I've never needed it since.

I should really reclaim those gigabytes.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

Coldboot is apparently possible on like, launch 1.0.0 switches, and technically possible on like up to 3.0.0, but only technically in the literal sense. IIRC the biggest hackers who have spearheaded all of the recent development and found all these exploits actually put out a cash bounty for anyone who can actually pull it off, and it's not looking likely they'll ever have to pay out.

I'm using coldboot in the sense that you can put an exploit on the switch, power it off, then power it on and have the console exploited from cold boot, nothing else required, everything software side. So far, every solution still needs outside input, whether a dongle or an integrated modchip provides that outside code on boot.

I wouldn't hold my breath on ever getting coldboot. With emunand getting ever closer, we'll probably be able to keep a low-firmware switch with a software exploit that then boots into an up-to-date emulated OS to play online or w/e, so power off -> power on, execute exploit -> reboot into CFW is probably the best we'll get when not using the RCM bug.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I bought a DSi and I'm trying to install Twilightmenu onto it, but I keep getting an error message. I'm using a 16gb SD card. I followed all the instructions correctly and haven't had any problems until now.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm using a 16gb SD card.

Do you get the error after installing HiyaCFW? You can jump straight from there to installing Twilight since HiyaCFW has a 2GB or less limit or whatever the opposite of limit is. Basically, HiyaCFW requires 2GB or less space available on the card and Twilight is the way around that whole thing.

https://dsi.cfw.guide/installing-twilight-menu++.html

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I did get the error after installing HiyaCFW. The guide said that if the error were to occur, install Twilight. I followed the steps to install Twilight and I'm still getting the error message.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Did that WiiU update affect anything hacking wise? I was finally going to get around to hacking the console but I might be forced to update to buy the required DSi Ware game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I have a PS3 Superslim that hasn't been used in ages at firmware 4.80. Can it use custom firmware/homebrew stuff or should I just take it up to the current firmware to play the retail games I have on the PSN?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I haven't done mine yet so I can't vouch for it personally but the superslim apparently can do a partial version of cfw ("hybrid-firmware" or hfw) as of fairly recently. I guess you can't do everything you could with full cfw, but backup loaders are on the table now.

Edit: Also I THINK I remember reading that the exploit was semi-recently updated to work with 4.84 after being broken for awhile so I think you actually can update, then hack later if you want. I'd do some googling first though just to be absolutely certain, I'm on my phone

Crindee fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 28, 2019

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pegnose Pete posted:

Did that WiiU update affect anything hacking wise? I was finally going to get around to hacking the console but I might be forced to update to buy the required DSi Ware game.

Reports say no.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Picked up my wife an OG 2DS and modded it. Are there any hacks to fake Amiibos on it? We can't track down a real IR reader for them anymore but she'd like to use them in Animal Crossing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crindee posted:

I haven't done mine yet so I can't vouch for it personally but the superslim apparently can do a partial version of cfw ("hybrid-firmware" or hfw) as of fairly recently. I guess you can't do everything you could with full cfw, but backup loaders are on the table now.

Edit: Also I THINK I remember reading that the exploit was semi-recently updated to work with 4.84 after being broken for awhile so I think you actually can update, then hack later if you want. I'd do some googling first though just to be absolutely certain, I'm on my phone

That all I’m interested so that cool.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Well yikes. I have never seen someone get perma’d for something like that.

In any case, does anyone know of a good place to find old flashcarts? I’m trying to find an AK RPG and a CycloDS iEvolution.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why do you want old flash carts?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Why do you want old flash carts?

Solely for the sake of collection. I had those specific ones (and others) over the years but either sold them or straight up lost them. I have about nine total right now, but I’m just trying to finish off my DS collection with both systems and flashcarts.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mrEkli posted:

Picked up my wife an OG 2DS and modded it. Are there any hacks to fake Amiibos on it? We can't track down a real IR reader for them anymore but she'd like to use them in Animal Crossing.

Not quite a hack, but I have this that I use to spoof amiibos: https://www.amazon.com/PowerSaves-POWERTAGS-Characters-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B06XVL11SF

I haven't used it in a bit, but I remember it was a little finicky to set up but worked an I managed to save scum the hell out of all of the cosmetics in BOTW.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Not quite a hack, but I have this that I use to spoof amiibos: https://www.amazon.com/PowerSaves-POWERTAGS-Characters-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B06XVL11SF

I haven't used it in a bit, but I remember it was a little finicky to set up but worked an I managed to save scum the hell out of all of the cosmetics in BOTW.

The of 2ds doesn't have nfc, so that doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

mrEkli posted:

If it's just for Animal Crossing, she can export the save and modify it. There's no way to use Amiibo or emulate it on a 3DS - you have to shell out the cash and buy one of Nintendo's IR readers off eBay or something.

Here's the AC save editor though.

https://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/