Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So this happened this week or last on Seth Rogan's a closer look: Tump was giving a speech and started rambling about farmers, and it was so embarrasing FOX news actually cut away from trump's speech

Speaking of, I laughed at Seth and Rhinna go day drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Nebakenezzer posted:

So this happened this week or last on Seth Rogan's a closer look: Tump was giving a speech and started rambling about farmers, and it was so embarrasing FOX news actually cut away from trump's speech

Speaking of, I laughed at Seth and Rhinna go day drinking

Seth Meyers and Joe Rogan's large adult son.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

An insane mind posted:

Seth Meyers and Joe Rogan's large adult son.

lol

Dave Leno

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I'm 35 and recovering from an ACL / meniscus surgery. Currently doing 3 hours of PT a week and would love to continue that I'm the gym after I finish with PT.

I've always been generally fit, but my metabolism is starting to slow and I want to avoid putting on weight. Where would I learn how to put a plan together for the gym?

Check out the diet and exercise megsthread over in ylls (thinks it's dead now, but the first few posts will have all the basics). Find whatever works for you, but I strongly recommend power lifting. Start a 5x5 program (there are many apps, including a good one called 5x5). Learn to squat, bench press, and deadlift (correctly) and go from there. If your PT isn't teaching you the main 3, get a different PT. The internet is great but also full of bullshit. You need to lift heavy poo poo, eat less lovely, and get good sleep. Any diet or plan that doesn't involve hard work and smart eating is dumb as poo poo. People lose weight doing keto not because keto works but because they cut sugar and start putting a modicum of thought into what they ingest. Never drink pop again. If you drink booze or do drugs, do so on the weekend only. Listen to your body and never stop learning. If you have a partner, do it with them. If you don't have a partner, get hot and get into active hobbies (this will help you get a hot partner).

Always work towards getting better. It doesn't have to be something big, just always do your best to be the best version of yourself: volunteer more, eat better, learn a new sport, be nice to animals, read more books, when you see a couple taking a selfie offer to take a picture of them, learn how to dress better, smile more, etc.

You've only got one go around on this planet, so live your best life and do everything you can to enrich others'.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

JoelJoel posted:

Check out the diet and exercise megsthread over in ylls (thinks it's dead now, but the first few posts will have all the basics). Find whatever works for you, but I strongly recommend power lifting. Start a 5x5 program (there are many apps, including a good one called 5x5). Learn to squat, bench press, and deadlift (correctly) and go from there. If your PT isn't teaching you the main 3, get a different PT. The internet is great but also full of bullshit. You need to lift heavy poo poo, eat less lovely, and get good sleep. Any diet or plan that doesn't involve hard work and smart eating is dumb as poo poo. People lose weight doing keto not because keto works but because they cut sugar and start putting a modicum of thought into what they ingest. Never drink pop again. If you drink booze or do drugs, do so on the weekend only. Listen to your body and never stop learning. If you have a partner, do it with them. If you don't have a partner, get hot and get into active hobbies (this will help you get a hot partner).

Always work towards getting better. It doesn't have to be something big, just always do your best to be the best version of yourself: volunteer more, eat better, learn a new sport, be nice to animals, read more books, when you see a couple taking a selfie offer to take a picture of them, learn how to dress better, smile more, etc.

You've only got one go around on this planet, so live your best life and do everything you can to enrich others'.

Great recommendation for the mega thread, I'll check it out. Super happy positive information all around

My PT has had be squatting to develop quad strength and really emphasizing straight back and good form, so I'm starting to habitually keep that thorough my day. I'll see if I can get him to teach me bench press and dead-lift form, he's clearly a lifter himself so I bet he'd be happy to help.

I don't eat super poorly, but not super great too. In the knee surgery recovery period, I became dependent on delivery and need to get back into cooking now that I'm more mobile. The other bad habit I developed is drinking every night, sometimes just a beer or two, but often more. I was sober for a long time and would like to find a place of moderation between complete abstinence and drinking nightly.

On the good side, I've been putting thought into what I wear for the last couple of years and finally have a wardrobe that is nice and works for me.

I was into meditation and Buddhism for a long time, which was great until the organization I was a part of was shown to be lead by sex-pests and scheisters. I cut all ties, but find myself floundering a little and drifting into cynicism and over intellelectualization. I'm thinking about taking an art class, but learning a new sport and volunteering sounds pretty great too.

No partner yet, which has been a frustrating situation, but I know it won't be that way forever. Thanks for taking the time to respond so helpfully! I'll def check out the mega thread and 5x5.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hello happy thread, I got paid today and my work gave me an extra $1,000 i wasnt at all expecting as a bonus which is awesome and I'm going to go out to eat and go see maria bamford tonight to celebrate

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Congrats on the bonus.

They definitely make me happy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/donzemmer/status/1144463706790584325?s=21

this is the good poo poo this is what the internet is for I can’t stop laughing

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1144640498239508480?s=19

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1144669869360779265

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

It's not death but it'll work

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Business Gorillas posted:

It's not death but it'll work

Honestly think death would be better than life in a us prison

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Lol if you don't think that kid will be put in gen pop and assaulted or killed.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What would make me happy more than anything is if SNL did a skit about The View and Megan Mccain just suddenly pulls out a picture of John McCain and screams out "MY FATHER IS DEEEEAD!!!". Then she keeps appearing in later skits, then crashes the musical guest's song.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Nocheez posted:

Lol if you don't think that kid will be put in gen pop and assaulted or killed.

He's gonna be a hero of the AB, though I'm not sure how much that'll buy him.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

chitoryu12 posted:

The bouncer at Sly Fox in Orlando was photographed wearing one by a customer he called the cops on for trying to keep him from stealing a drink. There’s currently a small boycott going on.

I also spread word of the bartender at Hanson’s Shoe Repair not kicking out a racist drunk shouting birther conspiracy theories. Not sure what came of it but word got to a bartender there who’s in the LGBT community so hopefully poo poo went down.

it's so weird hearing about bars i visit on an international forum. i work in the old converted hotel above finhenrys, but lately i've been wfh because the commute is miserable.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gum posted:

Honestly think death would be better than life in a us prison

happy thread

you owe us a happy post

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
e: rescended

Chokes McGee has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Jun 28, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

pls pay happy thread tax

Him getting beat up in prison is happy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

chitoryu12 posted:

Him getting beat up in prison is happy.

fair, a lot of times I have to go off of context of other posters because I can't see twitter links at work

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/donzemmer/status/1144463706790584325?s=21

this is the good poo poo this is what the internet is for I can’t stop laughing

not an :emptyquote:

holy poo poo this is perfection

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
Am I missing something or is that post literally “inside baseball?”

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Chokes McGee posted:

happy thread

you owe us a happy post

the racist murderer is not going to have a good time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Loucks posted:

Am I missing something or is that post literally “inside baseball?”

he’s covering a famous Eminem song using only current baseball players

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

hes covering a famous Eminem song using only current baseball players

a bunch of those are actually old players, hell the first dude is 75 so i'm pretty sure he's not playing anymore

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Bust Rodd posted:

he’s covering a famous Eminem song using only current baseball players

Thanks. Turns out I completely missed that it’s a video, so I was looking for the weed number or something in that guy’s stats to justify the reaction. Feel pretty dumb rn!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Loucks posted:

Thanks. Turns out I completely missed that it’s a video, so I was looking for the weed number or something in that guy’s stats to justify the reaction. Feel pretty dumb rn!

Took me seeing it a few times before I had the exact same realization. I was looking up the lyrics and trying to read the stats on that one freeze-frame in rhythm with them and everything

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Loucks posted:

Don't worry, I had exactly the same reaction. Not sure how I mistook it for a static image, I guess the "play" button blended right in.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

DiggityDoink posted:

a bunch of those are actually old players, hell the first dude is 75 so i'm pretty sure he's not playing anymore
Cross him off, then.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DiggityDoink posted:

I’m sick of all this bullshit about Bernie’s age

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

I’m sick of all this bullshit about Bernie’s age

Everyone knows Bernie blew out his ACL playing in AAA before he got called up. Smdh

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Data Graham posted:

Took me seeing it a few times before I had the exact same realization. I was looking up the lyrics and trying to read the stats on that one freeze-frame in rhythm with them and everything

ditto

“well... his name is Lose but it’s his last name and none of the rest are words in the song either :confused:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gum posted:

the racist murderer is not going to have a good time

that'll do :hai:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Azathoth posted:

Everyone knows Bernie blew out his ACL playing in AAA before he got called up. Smdh

Bernie gave up his playing career to save Kevin Costner's daughter from choking.

It was a one time power, so he couldn't do the same for Hillary's campaign.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
omg we're all so bad at computers

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Thanks for the fix Chokes

Chokes McGee posted:

if I stay up too late my cat comes over and complains until I finally go to bed

which she is doing

so IVE HAD ENOUGH GOOD NIGHT

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A friend when life gets you down: “awww buck up, chum!”

A true friend when life gets you down: “we’ll get through this together and I’m with you every step of the the way!”

A BEST friend when life gets you down:
https://twitter.com/klutchgame/status/1144722489496473600?s=21

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao yesss

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Oh my God you guys. I'm having more fun online today than I have in years. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1288197298014311/?ref=group_browse

This will save us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Extensive Vamping posted:

Oh my God you guys. I'm having more fun online today than I have in years. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1288197298014311/?ref=group_browse

This will save us.

It's a closed group, post some screengrabs please!