Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

PT6A posted:

So what is Quillette? A safe space for Jorp fanboys to circlejerk amongst themselves and pretend they're intellectuals?

I've only started hearing about them recently and every single thing I've heard from or about them is just utter garbage.

It's the literary journal of the Jordan Peterson Fan Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

It's the literary journal of the Jordan Peterson Fan Club.

So they skip the peer review part of the process.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Pleads posted:

That's not it, juggalos are good now.

whoop whoop

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

[Derail]

Someone just posted the Pegida folks, along with Ron Banerjee, Canadian Nationalist Party folks, and the bike helmet waterhead fleeing Pride on Youtube. Of course, they provided an appropriate soundtrack. :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWfkLmqGZf4

[/Derail]

And as far as Wiccan=Juggalo; well, there are worse things to be compared to, I guess.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

That's not a derail, that's quality CanPol entertainment, that is.

Had a call from Canada Proud this evening trying to run a voting intention poll on my voicemail. All I can find on them is a Facebook page "Proud Canadians working to defeat Trudeau." Since I'm not curious enough to hand Zuckerberg more data I didn't read it, I assume they're some sort of support group for the Conservatives and comfortable with a fascist-adjacent sounding name?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pleads posted:

That's not it, juggalos are good now.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1141573600136159232

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

also, Quillette is a publication for "Why can only Black People say the N-Word?" and "Actually, it's Ephebophilia."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hexigrammus posted:

That's not a derail, that's quality CanPol entertainment, that is.

Had a call from Canada Proud this evening trying to run a voting intention poll on my voicemail. All I can find on them is a Facebook page "Proud Canadians working to defeat Trudeau." Since I'm not curious enough to hand Zuckerberg more data I didn't read it, I assume they're some sort of support group for the Conservatives and comfortable with a fascist-adjacent sounding name?

Correct.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

bub spank posted:

Saskatchewan challenged the federal carbon tax, and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal found it to be constitutional back in early May. The Saskatchewan case is already being appealed to the Supreme Court, which makes the Ontario case somewhat moot.

loving great, can hardly wait for Kenney to waste provincial money taking this to court too

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
I just realized that Marianne Williamson would be a far better alternative to Canada's Green Party.
Canada suck so much that we can't even get magic right.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
We're having enough trouble with grand wizards as it is, no need to bring witches into the equation.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I'm personally really stoked that all these hyper-patriotic sounding group names are being taken by regressive / fascists and will hopefully burn the concept of patriotism for a generation.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Rime posted:

I'm personally really stoked that all these hyper-patriotic sounding group names are being taken by regressive / fascists and will hopefully burn the concept of patriotism for a generation.

I am so grossed out by the use of Proud and Strong now. Whenever I see it, it's literally just a facist dogwhistle.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Until fascism becomes the mainstream ideology, you have to settle with the next best thing. Patriotism in settler states will always be fascism-lite.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Rime posted:

It's a nice thought but from the other end you've got 21st century woke capitalism eagerly turning any lefty or progressive idea that reaches mainstream consensus into a marketing gimmick.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Kindest Forums User posted:

Until fascism becomes the mainstream ideology, you have to settle with the next best thing. Patriotism in settler states will always be fascism-lite.

Isn't the whole point of patriotism to whitewash and obscure the foundational injustice and inherent instability of colonial entities?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Helsing posted:

It's a nice thought but from the other end you've got 21st century woke capitalism eagerly turning any lefty or progressive idea that reaches mainstream consensus into a marketing gimmick.

"Extinction Rebellion Business(tm)" then.

For those who don't follow the minutia of climate change activism this was a thing, briefly.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Well hopefully this stupidity keeps Harper from taking the reigns too much in the federal election.

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1145077083930091521?s=20

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just got a spam text from BC Proud asking if I support pipelines. If you're on Android, be sure to hit that 'Report as Spam' button.

I thought it was only AB and ON who had them, looks like they're going for a nationwide campaign of garbage.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Oh great, let an Albertan conservative group put you on an Enemies of the State list. This will end well.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

less than three posted:

I just got a spam text from BC Proud asking if I support pipelines. If you're on Android, be sure to hit that 'Report as Spam' button.

I thought it was only AB and ON who had them, looks like they're going for a nationwide campaign of garbage.

Does that do anything at all? I've been reporting Chinese gibberish for years to no avail.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

less than three posted:

Yeah I got one from them tonight too. Told 'em to gently caress off.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/jonkay/status/1144943877192921093

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Only the finest insight.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Only the finest insight.

https://twitter.com/jonkay/status/1144946240637083648

In which I present my bone fides as a common man.

e: The best part is the comparison to Trump started because he likes Trump's public disinterest in alcohol. Clearly a direct parallel to Doug Ford...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

infernal machines posted:

https://twitter.com/jonkay/status/1144946240637083648

In which I present my bone fides as a common man.

"I, too, enjoy sports fellow human."

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Ah yes, tennis. The game of the common man

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Do these dipshits honestly believe, "I wouldn't have become a Nazi if you guys didn't keep calling a Nazi!"?

That nib comic is more truth telling than actual humour, isn't it? :smith:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Happy Canada Day weekend.

https://twitter.com/faathiaa/status/1144804367796789248

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Do these dipshits honestly believe, "I wouldn't have become a Nazi if you guys didn't keep calling a Nazi!"?

Yes. TBF they're talking about a group that would vote to blow their own nuts off if they thought there was a chance you might get splattered with the viscera.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drewjitsu posted:

No, but they know that centrists will believe it when they say that’s why they became Nazis.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/dgardner/status/1145343000802922496

I will never understand the dominion day weirdos.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Pathetic. A true monarchist knows that Canada must disavow the false German Pretender to the throne and instead recognize that the true monarch is Franz II, Duke of Bavaria, and by the Grace of God, King of England, Scotland, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc.

With Britain's sun rapidly setting there has never been a better time for Canada to get on the right side of history and invite the good Duke to leave Munich and assume his rightful throne in Ottawa. Merely abolishing the monarchy doesn't feel vindictive enough.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Sun never sets on the Empire.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Syfe posted:

I am so grossed out by the use of Proud and Strong now. Whenever I see it, it's literally just a facist dogwhistle.

The last couple times I've heard the anthem I've heard some people yelling out "TRUE NORTH STRONG" when that part comes up. Is that a thing now?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

If you live in Manitoba its very common.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That verse of O Canada already has a couple lines that start with "we" so I think "the true north" should be replaced considering recent sporting events.

With glowing hearts
We see thee rise
We the North, strong and free
From far and wide
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Coxswain Balls posted:

The last couple times I've heard the anthem I've heard some people yelling out "TRUE NORTH STRONG" when that part comes up. Is that a thing now?

True North is s company based out of Winnipeg I think, so its a regional thing?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

HELL YEAH CAPITALISM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

littleorv posted:

HELL YEAH CAPITALISM

:canada:

e: Its the company that owns the Jets apparently so that explains a lot.