Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Mystic Knight+Ranger is a triple crown team. Thundaga Sword+Rapid Fire can take omega down without too much trouble, and ranger can blind shinryu for blind/berserk.

Thanks fool of sound, you're alright... I GUESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

Pulled this one off without too much issue thanks to Cannoneer.

Run 4: Advance Run - Blue Mage, Red Mage, Ranger, Cannoneer

Open Fire is a great single target ability until everyone else starts catching up in late W2. Still good after that but isn't as OP anymore. Blue Mage carried this team until Ranger came online with Rapid Fire Chicken Knife/other strong weapons. Red Mage was there to provide moral support/items after I got into W2. I bought 27 of each rod for W2 and W3 and didn't break any of them. Oh well.

Omega: Cannoneer was able to Slow Omega with Combine using Turtle Shells. After that it was just a matter of firing like 70 Iron Drafts at him for 820-880 damage a shot. He doesn't react to HP damage when you fire a status shot at him with cannoneer if the status would not effect him. I just had to use blue to white wind and mighty guard through any damage from a slowed Omega's normal AI routine. Basically didn't have to deal with Encircle or Mustard Bomb. He only Atomic Rayed once. I did have to use an elixir or two when Blue ran out of MP/Omega got a quick wave cannon -> maelstrom in and killed 2 people. At the end I dropped 5,000 damage worth of lightning scroll shots to finish him off and Lenna ate a rainbow wind and a couple rockets for her trouble.

Shinryu was easy. Cannoneer can berserk and blind him with !combine via Power drink and Ash. You only get two ash throughout the game and I had to use both to get Blind to stick. Cannoneer has a 75% chance to apply a status shot and it took two this time. After that it was just Faris rapid fire chicken knifing and everyone else using combine -> Dragon Fang shot to do double damage to Shinryuu (ended up being 3900ish) or using phoenix downs to pick up who was dead.

NED got off one Almagest and I had shell from mighty guard. He was never a threat. I alternated between Dragon Shot for Grand Croif and Needle Shot for 3000 damage to all parts. Faris just rapid fire chicken knifed for 1700ish damage a hit. NED didn't get to Grand Cross. Almagest died shortly afterwards. The Lamp killed a slowed wizard bones with odin.

Cannoneer is OP as gently caress once you get Combine. It's just too bad you can't buy any of the shots until after you get all the legendary weapons from the sealed castle.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 28, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

derra posted:

Are you sure? It was my understanding he didn't.

I think it's that the three you get as an item from random encounters (Ramuh, Golem and Catoblepas) all appear in the void somewhere. The two that are optional encounters you talk to (Shiva, Carbuncle) are permanently missable.

Ifrit and Titan are plot fights, so no issues there. The store bought three are in Mirage and the rest are all exclusive to W3.

Golem is the only one that's odd since Drakenvale is around in both W2 and W3, so he doesn't need to be in the void but I guess he is.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Rolled through Fire

Ninja Ninja Beastmaster

Well, I guess it *is* a Triple Crown...

Guess I through scrolls at Dark Sparks or whatever they're called while I can have two Beasties (EDIT They're called Black Flames)

Edit - Why do people recommend Zus for Ifrit? Bearaga is right there, and whip paralyze makes them easy to capture.

Also I thought I was really smart using my Shuriken + Flame Scroll to capture a Dhorne Chimera .... but then I realized, why don't I just use Water Scrolls on Sandworm anyway : P

derra fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 28, 2019

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

derra posted:

Also I thought I was really smart using my Shuriken + Flame Scroll to capture a Dhorne Chimera .... but then I realized, why don't I just use Water Scrolls on Sandworm anyway : P

Cause Sandworm isn't weak to water! It's weak to Aqua Rake though because it's effective against desert dwellers specifically.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Cause Sandworm isn't weak to water! It's weak to Aqua Rake though because it's effective against desert dwellers specifically.

True, but Scrolls are "good enough"

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
I love how idiosyncratic Blue Magic is.

Sure, I'll drain exactly as much health as I need, thanks. And yeah, I'll heal everybody for how much ever HP I have. Oh and lets choose someone randomly to die. And then just kill people if their level is divisible by 5. Oh but let's cut your level in half first! And your MP too! Now I'll give everyone like four buffs real quick. Uh I'll deal 1000 damage to you sure. Here's a missile while I'm at it. Oh gently caress it let me just explode and kill you right there on the spot.

Certainly beats, like," here let me deal fire damage..and now how about MORE fire damage! AND NOW SUPER DUPER FIRE DAMAGE!! Ha ha ha. "

blinking beacon nose fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 28, 2019

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ever since I saw excalipoor I've been really wanting to see something done, a surgical NED kill. Exact HP.

:toxx:

I will donate $40 for the first person in this thread to show me video evidence of them killing NED with a 1HP final blow. I don't mind if you film your screen or if you use decent video capture, so long as it's clear in the moving footage that you did 1HP damage as the final blow that killed NED.

I'll only do this for one submission because I am a poor.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ever since I saw excalipoor I've been really wanting to see something done, a surgical NED kill. Exact HP.

I will donate $40 for the first person in this thread to show me video evidence of them killing NED with a 1HP final blow. I don't mind if you film your screen or if you use decent video capture, so long as it's clear in the moving footage that you did 1HP damage as the final blow that killed NED.

holy poo poo

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Correction: Sandworm IS weak to water; it's just that Aqua Rake isn't water. Water Scrolls do well.

As for the challenge, in GBA Beastmasters can Calm lock Grand Cross just like they do Omega, or alternatively Magic Lamp isn't heavy (obviously); odds aren't good but you could land a Death Claw or similar affect (like how Beastmasters can do the Crystal fight) to get the piece into single digit HP.

I have Beast this run but no sword user (and I skipped Meat-Gilgamesh so I can't even do an alternative run). Hitting for 1 damage is harder for me to figure out than stunlocking NED.

derra fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 29, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

:shittypop:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what's the difference between Chaos and Pure Chaos?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what's the difference between Chaos and Pure Chaos?

pure chaos cant repeat jobs and adds mime and freelancer

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

pure chaos cant repeat jobs and adds mime and freelancer

thank you, I didn't really understand from the site's description

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

Am I the only person who hates Krile? As a character and probably as a person too?

She looks at you in battle. Which makes her look more than weird compared to everyone else, it makes her a Goddamn creep. Stop. Focus on what you're loving doing and make yourself halfway useful.

And she's a Mary Sue who sees illusions and can talk to all of the animals or whatever. She's a second rate Lenna. Then she has the audacity to replace Galuf, which is much more a sin than anything Exdeath has ever done.

When Galuf is in my party, he leads it. When Krile's in it, she's dead loving last. During that section where it's just Bartz and her, she goes into the last slot and Bartz the first because I want her as far away from anyone else as possible. I swear I'm gonna just kill her off and leave her dead forever when I get to her.

:yayclod:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blinking beacon nose posted:

Am I the only person who hates Krile? As a character and probably as a person too?

She looks at you in battle. Which makes her look more than weird compared to everyone else, it makes her a Goddamn creep. Stop. Focus on what you're loving doing and make yourself halfway useful.

And she's a Mary Sue who sees illusions and can talk to all of the animals or whatever. She's a second rate Lenna. Then she has the audacity to replace Galuf, which is much more a sin than anything Exdeath has ever done.

When Galuf is in my party, he leads it. When Krile's in it, she's dead loving last. During that section where it's just Bartz and her, she goes into the last slot and Bartz the first because I want her as far away from anyone else as possible. I swear I'm gonna just kill her off and leave her dead forever when I get to her.

Nah, I hate her, too.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:
This was pretty hard (though not the hardest Omega fight I've ever had) but I did it with Monk/Ninja/Dancer/Dragoon. :)

Thank you, Cattail Prophet. The chicken knife dances without counters worked a treat. :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I also move her last and can't stand her character sprites. Yeah some of them are cute but because you can see both of her eyes it feels like it's some weird modded-in character from a different game and it drives me totally nuts.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Have you SEEN Krile in Berserker and White Mage and and and

look I decide my jobs in endgame entirely by what Krile looks best in.

Also she takes that +0 agility to +4 and I like to fast.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I don't like Krile because her stats are basically the exact opposite of Galuf's (he has second best Strength and best Stamina with worst Agility and Magic, she has the best Agility and second best Magic but worst Stamina and ties for worst Strength) and that makes jobs that would be optimal for him be not optimal for her and vice-versa.

Which doesn't matter a ton, I'm pretty sure, but the min-maxer in me is unsatisfied :bahgawd:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Have you SEEN Krile in Berserker and White Mage and and and

look I decide my jobs in endgame entirely by what Krile looks best in.

Also she takes that +0 agility to +4 and I like to fast.

Yes. They all suck.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gah, I never thought I'd do one of these but this is just too inspirational.

I will donate $10 for each Forbidden Run up to $100 that goes the extra mile and kills off berserker Krile as soon as possible, playing the rest of the game afterwards as a Three Job Fiesta. To prove this I will need-

Final party screenshot of Galuf
Final party screenshot of Krile at Galuf's exact same level
Dead berserker Krile visible at Exdeath death in World 2
Dead Krile visible at NeoExdeath death

edit: Berserker for World 2 since that's the main chokepoint, but I'll be more lenient for the victory screenshot since that has to be submitted to Gilgabot.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 29, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

Yes. They all suck.

Wow, this is an even worse post than OFS's dumb memes about the brave blade.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I never rearrange the party order, and I swear it fucks me up literally every single time I do fork tower, because Galuf joins before Faris and Krile inherits the third slot from him, but fork tower has you assign Faris before Krile.

pointy corpse
Jul 7, 2014

Funktastic posted:

So I guess it's time for my donation pledge!

Since my first time beating FFV was through the 4JF I'll donate $1 per person (max $20)who also has their first run of FFV through the fiesta!

May be doubled later depending on my money situation.

The first time I tried playing this game, I got choice paralysis until I gave up, somewhere between Siren and Garula.
The second time, Fiesta! And this thread giving me advice. Thanks guys.

pointy corpse fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 29, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Krile’s grandpa just died. Cut her some slack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bogart posted:

He's not much better.

Honestly, Boco is the best character, followed by Bartz, then Faris.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kheldarn posted:

He's not much better.

Honestly, Boco is the best character, followed by Bartz, then Faris.

The best character is obviously Gilgamesh.

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

Gah, I never thought I'd do one of these but this is just too inspirational.

I will donate $10 for each Forbidden Run up to $100 that goes the extra mile and kills off berserker Krile as soon as possible, playing the rest of the game afterwards as a Three Job Fiesta. To prove this I will need-

Final party screenshot of Galuf
Final party screenshot of Krile at Galuf's exact same level
Dead berserker Krile visible at Exdeath death in World 2
Dead Krile visible at NeoExdeath death

edit: Berserker for World 2 since that's the main chokepoint, but I'll be more lenient for the victory screenshot since that has to be submitted to Gilgabot.

I didn't register as #forbidden but is there a way I can still do it?

Because I'll still do #forbidden. Technically. See below. So, if so? Deal. loving deal.

Here's how I'm going to do it.

• I'll buy Zerk immediately as I get Krile, replacing Cannoneer probably. RIP
  • Then I make Krile a Zerk. Then I'll kill off Krile. Forever and ever.
  • Then immediately before I enter the void I'll buy three more Zerks. For a total of four.
  • The void will make me lose (one?) Berserker. Oh, no!
  • I'll re-buy Time/Blue/Bard, so I won't have access to Berserker or Cannoneer but I'll still have my three man team.
  • Krile will be dead.
  • To rsitsrate, Krile will be dead.

:toxx: If this still meets your criteria and if I don't do it, chicken out of not complete it, I'll donate $100. If I do do it, Childs Play is going to make a fortune off of me buying classes. So the children (except Krile) will be the true winners here.

I'll also do you one better and take screenshots along the way.

Bogart posted:

I would, but she's been a dumb rear end in a top hat her entire life. :mad:

blinking beacon nose fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 29, 2019

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

That's a good question. According to the website you can add #natural or #upgrade at any time but it's ambiguous whether you can add #fifthjob or #forbidden even though theoretically those seem like easier things to add last minute. They're all classified as mutually exclusive restrictions. I'd say try to see if Gilgabot will let you do #forbidden first but if not go for it.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
PS translation Faris is the best

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bregor posted:

The best character is obviously Gilgamesh.

He's the absolute worst. Between Sqeenix shoehorning him into every game they can, and idiots calling him Greg… Ugh.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

He's the absolute worst. Between Sqeenix shoehorning him into every game they can, and idiots calling him Greg… Ugh.

Aw, don't judge Gilgamesh based off of Squeenix' questionable 'tradition' bandwagoning, FFV is definitely the best fit for his character and I'd play a romhack of Bartz and Greg's Wacky Hijinks

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Every FFV character is the best and y’all are bastards

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

Wow, you've posted two of the worst FF-related opinions I've ever seen on the same page. That's impressive.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Just registered, haven't done this in a long time, got WtMg for my first Job... hoo boy.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Azza Bamboo posted:

Video here.

I'm kind of overleveled by fiesta standards, but Gladiator attracts a lot more random encounter than usual.

Krile has Chicken Knife and Lenna has Ragnarok Excalibur (because I forgot to save after beating Shinryu and completely failed to notice). Both have Aegis Shield. The mages have Gold Ribbon + Flame Rod.

Treedeath goes down quickly with Finisher + Reflected Firaga. And then Wizard Bones died first with a Magic Lamp.

Then I rush Al-majisti because I don't have great healing and can't tank Almagest. Turns out !Finisher can proc Chicken Knife's flee. The more you know :eng101:

The next step is to get Flexdeath down to 1 HP. 5 Finishers and 4 Excalipoors can do this. (5*9999+4*1)+1=50000. Golem neutralizes this part. Krile and Lenna switch to Dagger so !Finisher will deal either 9999 or 0 damage.

To prevent NED from going berserk, I have to leave the Grand Cross part alive. The first Grand Cross only produces 2 Zombies, which is fixed quickly.

The second Grand Cross almost gives me a heart attack :stonklol:. Good thing !Finisher doesn't care about character level.

All in all, this is a great and interesting challenge. Great job coming up with it :thumbsup:

Now to think about how I'm going to beat Omega with this team...

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 30, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I really didn't think anyone was going to do that. Congratulations.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

My first FF5 clear, Air Knives on three people with all four throwing Syldra out there was pretty much the most surefire way to murder him. I'd sort of like to kill Omega/Shinryuu but with Thief/Summoner/Ranger/Oracle I don't know how. So another run instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That is loving awesome. Well done!