Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well, their flight model is on par with Second Life, so I guess it's working!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
https://i.imgur.com/C1lMkIZ.mp4

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:five:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah, Fallouts gunplay is dogshit for a AAA game. It doesn't help that the backbone of the game is an RPG so enemies often have bloated HP and armor pools that turn gunfights into long slogs of just dumping multiple rounds into someones head and rolling hidden dice while they stand out in the open and shoot you back.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 28, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao, that would look like rear end on a PS3.

pc gaming status: saved

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I've always been really amused by;

"Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter."

Not only is it sheer unmitigated bullshit, because there have been at least two large scale movements, it really speaks to an arrogance over what the current gig economy is like. 'newer, younger backers' is all about attracting new money.

"Too many older backers and streamers are jaded"

I like how we've hit the 'multigenerational' point of this one vidya game.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Mass Effect: Andromeda II looking good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mirificus post my reply plz thx

https://twitter.com/Jobbo_Fett/status/1144671894135812098

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
c-c-constable odo??

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

So the latest Jump point magazine is out- I hadn't read one in ages and it's interesting to see how far it's fallen. It's a far cry from the stuff they used to release. Just 35 pages and it's mostly recycled marketing material. Out of idle curiosity I read the "Lore" about the 890J and holy poo poo the cult-like recasting of the Chris Roberts narrative is real.

Check this poo poo out:

Accessible to the very and ultra-rich alike! But oops we didn't study anything before we made promises!

Pilloried in the press, but after only 18 months they had a design! Their competitors said it couldn't be done! Fifty billion credit disaster!

They had to go silent! Everyone thought they had failed!

After just six years of development they finally released it and changed gaming spaceflight forever!

They spent a shitload on marketing but it turned out not to be necessary because idiot whales bought the thing like hotcakes!

Any resemblance to video game development projects, living or dead, is purely coincidental!

Star Citizen: everything from a go-nowhere fool’s errand to a criminal waste

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

They're not stalkers, it's just everyone you meet hates you, Taco.

I mean, loving KotakuInAction?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm based.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Everywhere I go people tell me I'm ugly, insufferable, and smell like poo poo. In other words I'm being gang stalked.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm based so hard.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

They're not stalkers, it's just everyone you meet hates you, Taco.

I mean, loving KotakuInAction?

I mean we're literally stalking his posts right now

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blessed be thy name

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Flared base reporting in

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Flared base reporting in

Pull out, pilot! Pull out!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hav posted:

I've always been really amused by;

"Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter."

Not only is it sheer unmitigated bullshit, because there have been at least two large scale movements, it really speaks to an arrogance over what the current gig economy is like. 'newer, younger backers' is all about attracting new money.

"Too many older backers and streamers are jaded"

I like how we've hit the 'multigenerational' point of this one vidya game.

It really is a crackup. I’m at an age where prolix condescensions like this are kind of endearing to receive. Oh, to be young and cocky with bitcoin riches. To think Roberts a visionary, Rex a true fan and Star Citizen a game...

Fake News like this, PoisonTaco?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

reverend crabhands posted:

As I understand it there is going to be a special train experience ride at the event where you can go on it and look out the windows, CHris himself is going to be the driver. There is an extra fee for it though.

Ahh the tram to glorious Eccles, home of the Eccles Cake and, the erm

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

Nevermind my favorite moment is this one, where the artist walks us through his design of a game space and not once does he mention any actual gameplay purpose. Instead it's all about psychologically felating the ship owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dwnQdKTug&t=753s

:lol:

It’s literally just pure whale fracking. The tedious sim nerds they sell this poo poo too can sit at that big raised desk and imagine themselves giving a proper dressing down to one of their peasant crew members they will never actually have. They might as well never even release the ship into the game, as you’d get all of its “gameplay” value by just looking at pictures and videos of it.

The raised monolithic desk reminds me of the commander’s office in Deep Space Nine, which was designed by a fascist uber-authoritarian race. It’s raised above the rest of the station’s command center to such and extent that it’s a parody of the Cardassians and the phallic insecurity of Gul Dukat.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

I mean we're literally stalking his posts right now

You’re stalking. I’m smoking a cigarette ironically in the shadows. Or i would had i not given up. Okay, it’s a vape, and it’s something herbal, but i have a doctor’s note.

But poisonTaco is one of those you keep an eye on, as in the parlance of my people, he’s a ‘wrong-un’.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

They might as well never even release the ship into the game, as you’d get all of its “gameplay” value by just looking at pictures and videos of it.

Hush, you're spoiling Chris's strategy of the last 3 years

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Is that alt-right for "woke"?

I don't understand nazi development

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Nevermind my favorite moment is this one, where the artist walks us through his design of a game space and not once does he mention any actual gameplay purpose. Instead it's all about psychologically felating the ship owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dwnQdKTug&t=753s

Apparently this is how failed developers design ships: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445019343

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

:reddit: is sometimes good

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/c6oqst/when_you_get_a_mobiglas_message_from_your_buddy/

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ElatedQuestionableInexpectatumpleco-mobile.mp4

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well that's unsettling

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

JugbandDude posted:

In unrelated(fun) topics, I got Rebel Galaxy during the free period and it's been pretty fun.

So far the combat has been engaging and fun, and the soundtrack is awesome. It's a decent appetizer for Outlaw.

Rebel Galaxy gets a little repetitive towards the end, but I really liked it. I'll probably be getting Outlaw on Day 1.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Saw this today while shopping for a new couch and immediately thought of you guys.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saw this today while shopping for a new couch and immediately thought of you guys.

Since every dollaroo of crowdfunding went straight into development, I'm sure the $4,620 came directly from crobear's own wallet.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel a surge of flyboy swagger just looking at it!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Does it come with Nazi iconography?

Asking for our thread’s favorite citizen wehraboo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Krycek posted:

Is that alt-right for "woke"?

I don't understand nazi development
it's rap slang for just being yourself but like all things on the internet it is now also alt-right slang meaning they are happily pilled.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For that kind of money it had better be elevated so I can look down at my underlings as they stand at parade rest in my office

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Of course they loving have.
:tif:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mae Demming/Tickler in Black was all just a goon/Derek Smart deepfake.

yet CIG banned/deleted anything saying 'Mae Demming"

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

News from Space Court

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1144753433779625984

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1144753587521818624

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1144753780795293698

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1144754002464256003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

In space court, no one can hear you plea.