Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I have a vision of the future, where people die in line at the outbound scanner of an Amazon go store as they all wait for the peak of any price run to finalize their purchase.

Imagine trying to budget with second by second dynamic pricing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
that's what the lighnitngnigning network is for, you have to set up accounts with everyone you plan on transacting with months in advance

you know, light lightning

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

the bitcoiners finally broke boxturret

like i broke his mom last night :q:

i was broken years ago

just like your senses of touch, hearing, and sight because that thing you've been going crazy on isn't my mother or even human, you should probably see a doctor you probably caught something

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Crow Your Coins! posted:

I have a vision of the future, where people die in line at the outbound scanner of an Amazon go store as they all wait for the peak of any price run to finalize their purchase.

Imagine trying to budget with second by second dynamic pricing.

like many things bitcoiners think, I am dumbstruck by the idea that technological limitation is the reason we don't currently do this

UltraMegaPhil
May 2, 2010

Number one.

...! posted:

Bitcoin food for thoughts.... (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 30 minutes ago by Raverrevolution

People hear about bitcoin because it's making headlines in the media

People then get curious and/or look into it, then make an exchange account

People invest into it

This is a hell of a series of leaps to make.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

and then after they've invested into it they actually look into how it "works"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

i was broken years ago

just like your senses of touch, hearing, and sight because that thing you've been going crazy on isn't my mother or even human, you should probably see a doctor you probably caught something

you tried way too hard on this one

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"inflation is bad because your money loses value", i scream as my pet digital currency loses $2000 in value during the time I was on the toilet

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I think you mean the wildly unstable dollar gained value temporarily. meanwhile 1btc was worth exactly 1btc throughout

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

you tried way too hard on this one

...?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

...‽

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Why does something as rational and based on math as bitcoin need believers?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The same reason Christian scientists exist. This is the worst reality

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Raverrevolution[S] 2 points 3 hours ago*

I figured the way it is now everything has a set retail price. Those prices change over time according to the inflation in the currency. A 50 cent candy bar is now $1.

Well with bitcoin being adopted fully wouldn't prices to items have to be dynamic in that they would change every second based on who's holding all the bitcoin?

Like say 1% of the population owns most of the bitcoin floating around, prices would more reflect according to what the 99% of the population could afford. So thus anything ultra expensive would have to be worth lower in price otherwise whatever business is selling won't make any profit due to only being able to sell to that 1% of the rich population.

It's hard to put my thoughts into words, but maybe you understand the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Places like Walmart and Amazon will probably come up with some algorithm that scours every wallet on the blockchain to see how much they're all holding and mathematically compute fair prices to every day items based on how much worth people put into them

...!
Oct 5, 2003

jgarcya[S] 1 point 3 hours ago

What happens when Jeff bezos of Amazon, starts accepting bitcoin...and hordes them... He will have no reason to put them on the market... Because he has more than enough fiat to maintain his company????

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I sure I am glad when all items I buy will randomly priced and not through the ((central bank)) like now

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
#weedthoughts

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1144729943244455937

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bitcoin cash ftw!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

...! posted:

Raverrevolution[S] 2 points 3 hours ago*

I figured the way it is now everything has a set retail price. Those prices change over time according to the inflation in the currency. A 50 cent candy bar is now $1.

Well with bitcoin being adopted fully wouldn't prices to items have to be dynamic in that they would change every second based on who's holding all the bitcoin?

Like say 1% of the population owns most of the bitcoin floating around, prices would more reflect according to what the 99% of the population could afford. So thus anything ultra expensive would have to be worth lower in price otherwise whatever business is selling won't make any profit due to only being able to sell to that 1% of the rich population.

It's hard to put my thoughts into words, but maybe you understand the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Places like Walmart and Amazon will probably come up with some algorithm that scours every wallet on the blockchain to see how much they're all holding and mathematically compute fair prices to every day items based on how much worth people put into them

it's kinda :unsmith: that this guy believes that businesses set prices based on fairness and the labour theory of value, only increasing prices to account for inflation

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Adding BTC symbol on computer keyboards next to the $ would make BTC mainstream. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by r3310

Millions of people would get interested to know what does the symbol mean. It would also contribute to the subliminal legitimacy of Bitcoin. I am sure this would make the adoption faster and BTC mainstream since it's one of the "real" currencies. This is just my 2 cents. I would like to hear your opinion guys!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

people don't even know what scroll lock does but okay

hey maybe instead they should start sticking "Bitcoin Accepted Here!" stickers around town!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

wish this guy's parents had more closely timed their one-on-one trading with a rhythm method

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I once saw a bitcoin on a keyboard while browsing through Walmart's electronics aisle, and I was so inspired I immediately ran home and sold my house for bitcoins from Btcexcelinvest.com, loudly crying tears in a eureka moment as I cast off fiat forever, contributing to the subliminal legitimacy of bitcoin

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
bitcoiners giving away free thai-localized keyboards to promote bitcoin

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

...! posted:

Amazon will keep growing bigger and bigger as the years go by. Right now they're testing out Amazon Go stores. Not sure how the tech works, but you walk in, grab what you want, and leave the store and they somehow charge you what the items are worth.

In the future when bitcoin is adopted as the main source of payment stores will have to have dynamic pricing on items due to point #2. Amazon Go + Bitcoin + Dynamic pricing will make it so that you walk in, get what you want, walk out. Sats will be automatically taken from your wallet and pay for the items and they will be fairly priced due to how the entire system is engineered. Buying groceries will be a ridiculous seamless experience.

i can literally walk into my local kroger today with my own bags, grab a cart, go through the store picking out what i want, scan each item with an app on my phone, put it in my bags, and pay from that same app with my credit/debit card before i walk out the door.

how does buttcoin make this easier or better?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Loop Travel To Trillionaires! (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by GoRambling

As bitcoiners become richer and richer, they will devise ways to make the value of Bitcoin go up, thus making themselves even richer and thus making themselves even more powerful to devise more ways to make Bitcoin more valuable so as to create a perfect loop that takes us to the Moon - we will travel via loop travel. This is how we get a million dollar Bitcoin and Satoshi as a trillionaire. Where's my Bitcoin Trillionaire song?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...! posted:

Loop Travel To Trillionaires! (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by GoRambling

As bitcoiners become richer and richer, they will devise ways to make the value of Bitcoin go up, thus making themselves even richer and thus making themselves even more powerful to devise more ways to make Bitcoin more valuable so as to create a perfect loop that takes us to the Moon - we will travel via loop travel. This is how we get a million dollar Bitcoin and Satoshi as a trillionaire. Where's my Bitcoin Trillionaire song?

"I'll Be There For You (Theme From Hitlercoin)"

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you
(Hitlercoin for you)
I'll be there for you
(Hitlercoin for you)
I'll be there for you
(Hitlercoin for you)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

vortmax posted:

i can literally walk into my local kroger today with my own bags, grab a cart, go through the store picking out what i want, scan each item with an app on my phone, put it in my bags, and pay from that same app with my credit/debit card before i walk out the door.

its better because moon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vortmax posted:

No fees!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you see the major problem with how things are now is that there's all these people doing business and getting successful but i'm not getting any thing from it

whereas if they used bitcoin for everything and i own a bitcoin it would make the price go up and i'd be rich for doing nothing but hodliing

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

you see the major problem with how things are now is that there's all these people doing business and getting successful but i'm not getting any thing from it

whereas if they used bitcoin for everything and i own a bitcoin it would make the price go up and i'd be rich for doing nothing but hodliing

...but with bitcoin

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

...! posted:

Adding BTC symbol on computer keyboards next to the $ would make BTC mainstream. (self.Bitcoin)

Millions of people would get interested to know what does the symbol mean. It would also contribute to the subliminal legitimacy of Bitcoin. I am sure this would make the adoption faster and BTC mainstream since it's one of the "real" currencies. This is just my 2 cents. I would like to hear your opinion guys!

surely a better subliminal message would be them saying 2 satoshis instead of 2 cents?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I just ate an ice cream and, get this, nobody paid me for that! If only bitcoin, so I could get paid to do menial tasks nobody would ever pay for.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

...! posted:

brb inventing SysRqCoin and PrintScrnCoin

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

...! posted:

Looking forward to a button that types a square box when I press it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

...! posted:

Can Americans control bitcoin's future (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by jgarcya

My understanding is 4-8% of Americans invest in crypto.

4% of 300,000,000 Americans is 12 million.

If it is everyone of those 12 million goal to have at least one bitcoin... That's over 66% of all available bitcoin presently mined(17 million plus).

It's my goal to have one, but probably won't make it.

you know this guy's an american because the idea of being able to save a few thousand dollars to spend on something frivolous is just completely out of reach

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to a button that types a square box when I press it

there's a button on boxturret`s mom that makes her squeak when you press it. it`s not square though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

bitcoiners giving away free thai-localized keyboards to promote bitcoin

the guy who posted that definitely isn't aware that computer keyboards have national/cultural variations.