Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

nooneofconsequence posted:

This new lady is a vampire.

Is this a reference to Izel kinda looking like Durham Red?

Also, I was genuinely heartbroken at Enoch going, so I'm so glad they can still contact him.

Joel Stoffer is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The only thing I don’t like about this season is that all the aliens just look like humans. They can afford to do some nice cgi work, a special effects makeup artist shouldn’t be outside of their budget.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

GLOSS posted:

Hey these two alien deathbombs are heading towards each other for some reason, let's stick them in the same cell together!!!

Seriously. Can't get too mad about it because, ya know, tv, but you'd think shield would be able to work that out on their own

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Oasx posted:

The only thing I don’t like about this season is that all the aliens just look like humans. They can afford to do some nice cgi work, a special effects makeup artist shouldn’t be outside of their budget.

I dont think their budget is that much better than season 5, and they seem to be saving it for more important scenes. They had that random guy teleport out of the bar with their disc offscreen to avoid having to do the effect an extra time for example.

More to the point, having just watched Captain Marvel, aliens looking like humans seems to just be a thing in the marvel universe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Slashrat posted:

More to the point, having just watched Captain Marvel, aliens looking like humans seems to just be a thing in the marvel universe.

That's also how it works in comics, even though you don't need to save money on special effects there. I guess it's so the aliens look more attractive?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Metalshark posted:

Is this a reference to Izel kinda looking like Durham Red?

Nah I just recognized her from True Blood.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sorry if this is spacist but was the big bodyguard just Mac in green makeup? His eyes looked so similar

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bring back old gbs posted:

sorry if this is spacist but was the big bodyguard just Mac in green makeup? His eyes looked so similar

I actually thought the same thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys are space racist.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

You guys are space racist.

No no I'm not spracist I have an alien friend

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Medullah posted:

No no I'm not spracist I have an alien friend

Asguardians don't count.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's also how it works in comics, even though you don't need to save money on special effects there. I guess it's so the aliens look more attractive?

The Celestials have a type. Two arms, two legs, vaguely similar genetics. Some stuff gets really out there, and some are practically identical.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mulva posted:

The Celestials have a type. Two arms, two legs, vaguely similar genetics. Some stuff gets really out there, and some are practically identical.

This reads well as both a Marvel Cinematic Universe post and a Deadwood post.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

That's totally Tim Heidecker on that portrait...

I am glad I'm not the only one.

I liked how the guy on the ship with the yummies holds them close to his chest when Fitzsimmons walks in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I agree with Deke that it was totally a dick move to hide Fitz dying from him.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

muscles like this! posted:

I agree with Deke that it was totally a dick move to hide Fitz dying from him.

:same:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mack being all "you left" is a dick move gently caress off Mack

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, Deke haad a great reason to leave, that he wasn't sure if the Earth would be saved, and if it was his continued existence wasn't a given. So he went off and developed future tech while SHIELD did nothing, not even letting him know "oh btw we think we averted the event that led to your hellscape ".

Can't wait for Deke to hug Fitz while Fitz is full on "what the hell..."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I listened to the directors' commentary for Captain Marvel tonight and learned that another part of AoS made it into the movies beyond Coulson. The show's quinjet set was used for the movie's quadjet interiors.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Guys, I don't think Mack is a good director at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ApeHawk posted:

He'll be out by the end of the season, Sarge takes over by the end of the year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

He'll be out by the end of the season, Sarge takes over by the end of the year.

Daisy will take on her comic role

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Last season was pretty great, but this year is giving me the same joyously comic vibe as S4. Aliens, clones, fire breathing bikers, it should be completely absurd but everything is done with just the right level of seriousness, it's funny, but never silly.

Kinda hoping Fitzsimmons go on their own little drug tour during their journey home.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

ApeHawk posted:

I find it really loving weird how often they are making him go "THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD" as some kind of mantra.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Last season was pretty great, but this year is giving me the same joyously comic vibe as S4. Aliens, clones, fire breathing bikers, it should be completely absurd but everything is done with just the right level of seriousness, it's funny, but never silly.

Kinda hoping Fitzsimmons go on their own little drug tour during their journey home.

I didn't really like last season that much and I think that this season is an improvement for those stated reasons.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

GLOSS posted:

That's totally Tim Heidecker on that portrait...

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

So the lady that saved FitzSimmons is definitely the Shrike's creator.

MY WIFE pointed out an interesting theory that Sarge is the creator and masquerading as Coulson because of it. He’s actually following his creations around and occasionally culling them back to keep the party going across multiple planets.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

MY WIFE pointed out an interesting theory that Sarge is the creator and masquerading as Coulson because of it. He’s actually following his creations around and occasionally culling them back to keep the party going across multiple planets.

He was shown to genuinely have no idea who Coulson is supposed to be, would he have picked that face to masquerade as at random?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Slashrat posted:

You know, I'm pretty OK with it. Usually you end up with stupid looking humanoids (Star Wars or Star Trek generally, hell Alein, Predator, etc) or something so hosed up that we can't identify with it (Life, Andromeda Strain).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Azhais posted:

Daisy will take on her comic role

He did say in an earlier season that he expected her to become director some day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really love that they don't hesitate to show how powerful Daisy is. Other shows there would be a big thing bout Firemouth there but she just fucks him up with out any effort.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I really love that they don't hesitate to show how powerful Daisy is. Other shows there would be a big thing bout Firemouth there but she just fucks him up with out any effort.

May already took him down by herself so that one's not surprising. I'm just waiting for his second power up, unless them corralling the two Shrike together failing catastrophically was the whole plan and Jaco trying to break free was just a red herring.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

May already took him down by herself so that one's not surprising. I'm just waiting for his second power up, unless them corralling the two Shrike together failing catastrophically was the whole plan and Jaco trying to break free was just a red herring.

Sarge probably has seen people like SHIELD before that think they can save the infected, and knew they'd put them together, so he used that as a backup. He's certainly written as a "hard man, making hard decisions, thinks everyone else is too soft to do whats needed to do" kind of character.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Renegade Coulson, as opposed to previous 5 seasons' Paragon Coulson.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The vampire lady is responsible for one of the single most hosed up moments in TV and we should all be scared of her because she already looks like a true blood character again.

Edit: Also in any other show the fire breathing guy would have accomplished something. I loved how cocky they were about their plan just to be foiled by Quake's casual bump in the head by breaking a door.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 1, 2019

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Elentor posted:

The vampire lady is responsible for one of the single most hosed up moments in TV and we should all be scared of her because she already looks like a true blood character again.

Edit: Also in any other show the fire breathing guy would have accomplished something. I loved how cocky they were about their plan just to be foiled by Quake's casual bump in the head by breaking a door.

I know/remember she was Violet on True Blood in the last season and an episode, but what'd she do that was the most hosed-up moment on TV?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elentor posted:

No, she beat him off screen, the door didn't really do much to him.

I'm glad Agent Khan survived too.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I feel like the multiverse thing is too much of a red herring to be the twist.

It's too obvious for this show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

Sarge probably has seen people like SHIELD before that think they can save the infected, and knew they'd put them together, so he used that as a backup. He's certainly written as a "hard man, making hard decisions, thinks everyone else is too soft to do whats needed to do" kind of character.

I don't know, he's been withholding a lot of info that people need to *make* those decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm looking forward to the moment Sarge witnesses Daisy's powers for the first time. I'm sure they have seen a lot of people who resist them before, but probably never any actual super heroes. When he kept mentioning that the Shrike leader as a god, I was hoping Mack would mention they have their own god on their team.