Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I bet people are psyched to play a autoscroller called Blooper Sea - KP1-X8X-9NF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I got two more levels for ya'll. The first one's pretty basic, and plays around with the night airship mechanics. The second one I think might be a lot more interesting though.

Nighttime Cruise
ID# M80-RBN-J3G

Spooky Night, Holy Light
ID# 9CX-9Y1-WSG

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dork457 posted:

arrite boys strap in for a bone chilling NARRATIVE focused mario maker 2 level!!

Good layout and some of the "story" set pieces were pretty clever, but I like things a bit more challenging. Still got the star heart for being clever, of course.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

hahaha the koopa car has a honk button

and it's the loving MLG meme airhorn

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tnega posted:

Surfin' with Charvaargh CGF-15N-WDG
Using thwomps as a sort of controllable track platform is one of the most innovative things I've seen in Mario Maker, unfortunate no one has time to wait for Charvaargh to do his thing, so I just jumped across the boxes whenever I could.

Oh, you're not waiting on them to do anything, they're just a hazard. Originally I wanted to concoct some weird thing to surf on them or something but it seemed like the only thing that actually interacts with them was Bob-Ombs so oh well.

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Made a couple of extremely bare bones levels just as a test. They're not very pretty or probably good but they gave me a challenge playing them.

Just a couple of jumps
7BS-Y4D-6VG

Mr. Thwomps Wild Ride
K59-NXL-TSG

Now I'm gonna work on some actual levels.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I can’t believe there’s literally a Maker Lesson telling the player not to use Kaizo blocks

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

nrook posted:

I can’t believe there’s literally a Maker Lesson telling the player not to use Kaizo blocks

What not to do is just a rebranded lesson on how to piss everyone off.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

MrRat posted:

Just finished my second level:
A Tree That Pierces the Heavens!
RV2-N24-1SG

I'ts a SMW level that's inspired by kaizo levels but with the intent of being much more approachable.

I got to the top of the vine segment but failed to hit the last block and now I can't get back down to the reset door

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Shoot just realized I forgot to put my Zelda level in the form. That is corrected now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

What not to do is just a rebranded lesson on how to piss everyone off.

The "don't be an rear end in a top hat" lesson exists, though. Sadly they just stick to offscreen thwomps.

I suspect that 90% of the people who desperately need the dojo will never visit it.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

MJ2-GG8-LYG - Mario Classic - Obligatory early level Mario stage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Random Stranger posted:

The "don't be an rear end in a top hat" lesson exists, though. Sadly they just stick to offscreen thwomps.

I suspect that 90% of the people who desperately need the dojo will never visit it.

They should of locked complex course parts behind it. I sat through all the dojo lessons just for the sake of it and was surprised it gives you literally nothing.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The dojo is good though and I like that they're short and you can view them as many times as you need to.

Sunnydere
Nov 2, 2012

(Does The Hottest Dance)

Welcome to my fell storefront! Thank you for your dark business.
9RB-FML-LLG

Slippin' to the Bank.

My first level ever! My orginal plan was to put every enemy in the game mode in the same level, but I got too lazy so it's a slip and slide for coinz.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

After playing a few more levels, the SMB1 Forest music is fantastic.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sunnydere posted:

9RB-FML-LLG

Slippin' to the Bank.

My first level ever! My orginal plan was to put every enemy in the game mode in the same level, but I got too lazy so it's a slip and slide for coinz.

Be careful putting too many different enemies in a level unless you're doing some gimmick like a zoo, because it can get kaizo-y and disjointed. Of course, this is just my opinion and you are free to disregard it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Latest upload, a beginner-esque kaizo speedrun for someone looking for a challenge but not looking to bust their balls too much.

MN8-4SQ-9DG

Timer isn't tight, it's more of a formality

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Just uploaded my first ever level.

Load bearing Boom Boom.
1CD-V06-JCG

Sunnydere
Nov 2, 2012

(Does The Hottest Dance)

Welcome to my fell storefront! Thank you for your dark business.

The Lobster posted:

Be careful putting too many different enemies in a level unless you're doing some gimmick like a zoo, because it can get kaizo-y and disjointed. Of course, this is just my opinion and you are free to disregard it.

Thank you for the tip! Once I saw all the various Bowser and Bowser-adjacents I figured it wasn't the best idea, though it's still a little on the disjointed side.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Love the form and spreadsheet. It should have a "Puzzle" level type option imo.

In Mario Maker 1, levels would start getting played a bit as soon as they were uploaded. After sitting around for a day, these two have not been played once:

Switch Koop Bridge
HB4-2W0-VNF
A "normal" level with on/off blocks and koopas.

Puzz your own room
YH7-2LC-1GF
A puzzle room with multiple solutions.

VVV Not a bad idea. Vertical levels open up some possibilities here.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 30, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Heran Bago posted:

Puzz your own room
YH7-2LC-1GF
A puzzle room with multiple solutions.

Your title inspired a level idea where it's a puzzle, you have to avoid falling upwards into a pit, while dealing with negative gravity. Maybe the puzzle involves purposely falling upwards into a certain opening, where the others would kill you.

Puz my Neg Hole.

MrRat
Aug 9, 2008

Procrastine posted:

I got to the top of the vine segment but failed to hit the last block and now I can't get back down to the reset door

That was a dumb oversight on my part, thanks for letting me know. I've went ahead and reuploaded the level with a fix for this and some other small tweaks.

New Code for the level

WX2-4GX-KYG

DalaranJ would it be possible to change the code on the spreadsheet ?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Phantasium posted:

I really love all the new music. They all sound like they’d fit perfectly in their respective games.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Sunnydere posted:

9RB-FML-LLG

Slippin' to the Bank.

Had a go and I couldn't tell who you were pitching it at or any sort of theme. I liked the Lakitu lobbing coins - but he felt he belonged in a feel-good level, while the combination of ice physics and semi-solids that lead to me sliding to my death a couple of times felt as if it belonged in a much tricksier level (I'll have to remember that one too - and I did use it to lure Boom Boom to his death after I'd ignominiously iced into him the previous try; I am not good at Mario)

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Airship Invasion!

K72-JJ8-LHF

SMB3 airship level. I like how it turned out.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Big Bob-bombs On The Summit
TRV-H1M-X1H

I feel like the end could have been more exciting so if you have suggestions let me know and I'll make a Version 2.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Just put my first ever level in the sheet.

TR8-86R-RKG
Mtn. Don't

Avoid anything spiky and you can definitely cheese the spin jump on the spiny shell, but at least now I know.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
If you beat a level but die four times does that count as one attempt or five?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

saltyslug posted:

If you beat a level but die four times does that count as one attempt or five?

Five

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

My first three levels. The first two are easy, run of the mill Super Mario Bros. The third, not so much and kinda long.

Life Secrets
C4B-B3K-VKF

Under
1MB-9YQ-T9G

Weave (hard)
WQR-NXB-QYF

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Phantasium posted:

Then have I got the level for you. Hot out the oven I bring you "November Marsh" 3XD-BQ1-J0G
Give me a Level Code Phantasium and we can trade plays.

I still prefer making adventure classic style maps so this list of tags is really making me feel super basic. Then again Golf or Troll isn't on the list of tags.

I have watched quite a bit of GrandPoo and other SMM1 and realized that if you can't edit downloaded maps so won't this make dev exits free reign and far worse?

Also so it begins
https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyTacitMochaSSSsss

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

TRV-H1M-X1H

I feel like the end could have been more exciting so if you have suggestions let me know and I'll make a Version 2.

Am I missing something really obvious, or is the intended strategy after the first chomp and at the top of the hill mid-air sideways bomb excavation?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

neonchameleon posted:

Am I missing something really obvious, or is the intended strategy after the first chomp and at the top of the hill mid-air sideways bomb excavation?

That is correct.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

maustrials No.1
117-4MF-75G

There's 235 coins if you're super bored

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

President Ark posted:

I made a dumb level while fiddling with the creator for the first time. It's about mario robbing a bank. 3JV-VCB-LQF

Cute!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dork457 posted:

arrite boys strap in for a bone chilling NARRATIVE focused mario maker 2 level!!

The Cops at the end was a very nice touch.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Haschel Cedricson posted:

TRV-H1M-X1H

I like it! (Wow, I was the first to clear it)

I got a little impatient with walking the big bombs over so far to break the wall, so maybe that could be improved by bringing the pipe a little closer.

The end could just have a brief challenge with red flying koopas in the sky or something.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

MrRat posted:

That was a dumb oversight on my part, thanks for letting me know. I've went ahead and reuploaded the level with a fix for this and some other small tweaks.

New Code for the level

WX2-4GX-KYG

DalaranJ would it be possible to change the code on the spreadsheet ?

This was fun and I'm usually bad at kaizo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LbxDZRgA4&t=33s

Dismal Dawn
5P4-6YJ-FVG

Mario Maker 2 is bringing back memories of 1 where I'd get a great idea and then discover the parts do not work that way. In this case, I was going to use a pathed autoscroller to vary the pressure on the player but they don't work vertically.

I am legit surprised I have not encountered a level where I had to collect all 1488 coins yet.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 30, 2019