Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Cabbit posted:

Unlock the HW beast tribe quests on a higher level character and do those plus duty roulettes, they're all excellent XP. Once you've finished off those you should queue for the highest level dungeon you have access to.

What if I don't have any other characters?

(level 55 RDM here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Seeing the Mord and how they're basically super friendly and everyone loves them kind of highlights how pointlessly tragic the kobold situation is in the Source. :smith:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Kitfox88 posted:

IT'S AN ENTIRE TOWN FULL OF THEM

IT'S THE BEST TOWN IN THE ENTIRE XPAC AND I NEED A HOUSING DISTRICT FOR IT

Very true

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
What's the newbie friendliest/easiest healer now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like the AST changes. It’s not as much just spinning and hoping you don’t get a dead draw now. At least now I know every draw can have some use

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Finally onto the very last patch quest cycle in ARR after 3 days of playtime. Most of it hasn't been bad content, but I really feel like I haven't been making any progress in a long time. It'll be a huge relief to finally get to the first expansion.

Internet Explorer posted:

So the wife and I are considering playing this, but looking at the Free Trial it seems like one of the limitations is you can't invite people to parties? Should we just get the base game on Steam (Starter Edition?) and then buy the latest expansion if we get that far?

[Edit: lol can't copy/paste password to create account in the launcher or on their site fffffffffffffffffffff]

If you buy on Steam, you'll be locked into Steam for all future purchases. The benefit of having the expansion at the start would be the ability to create Au Ra, Viera, or Hrothgar characters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Asimo posted:

Seeing the Mord and how they're basically super friendly and everyone loves them kind of highlights how pointlessly tragic the kobold situation is in the Source. :smith:

Thanks, Merlwyb pirates. :argh:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I’m glad there’s no more enmity reduction anywhere for dps because it lets me use the aggro list as a de facto dps meter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't get over how good the music is for the Crystarium at night (early SHB spoiler).

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cleretic posted:

Remember that we don't have Protect anymore. I think that's the majority of the change that makes healing feel harder now, that we don't have that default state of 'everyone's taking less damage'.
It's more than just Protect, every tank lost a bunch of CD's so you can't really cycle your CD's for a full double pull anymore. You have to take advantage of your passive mitigation, which either costs a resource or forces you to single target for a bit instead of whipping out the fat AoE damages.

I haven't been able to do more than double pull in leveling dungeons on PLD or GNB and I've had to hold back on double pulling a couple times (fortunately AoE damage is plentiful and things seem to go only a little bit slower than balls to the walls pulling.)

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

So Shadowbringers is the Final Fantasy IX expac, right?

It seems to be so and it makes a lot of sense. Also awhile back someone compared one of the characters to Golbez because of how mechanics and certain aesthetics work, but this also qualifies them for General Beatrix's role. And it fits surprisingly well.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Annath posted:

What if I don't have any other characters?

(level 55 RDM here)

I meant job, not character; WoW mindset there. If RDM is your highest level job then just do the MSQ while queued for the highest level dungeon you have access to.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Titania was a pretty crazy fight. Insane how they always manage to find ways to top themselves when designing fights.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kaubocks posted:

starting a petition to give me an option to turn the TP bar back on even if it does nothing just because the screen feels empty without it

Do what I did, put your other gauges in its place.

Now, if only they would split the HP and MP bars up so that I can hide the MP bar on jobs that have absolutely zero use for them.

So the wife and I are considering playing this, but looking at the Free Trial it seems like one of the limitations is you can't invite people to parties? Should we just get the base game on Steam (Starter Edition?) and then buy the latest expansion if we get that far?

[Edit: lol can't copy/paste password to create account in the launcher or on their site fffffffffffffffffffff]

Bless you for asking first, but knowing my luck, by the time you read this, you will have already regged accounts using the Steam version.

You're locked into buying all your future expansions through Steam, and can never take advantage of the steeply ramping discounts that happen shortly before and after an expansion launch.

Furthermore, it has been indicated by the devs in the future (and through datamined login strings) that current Steam-purchased copies of the game will be forced to log in to Steam in order to fire up the launcher to punch in your password and authenticator code.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
I love the WoL's horrified expression upon seeing Allagan Tomestones when being shown around the Crystarium for the first time.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Asimo posted:

Yeah, it sucks. :smith:

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

You can be invited by active players and be friended by them but can't initiate (probably to prevent gold/rmt spam)

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Bremma posted:

You can be invited by active players and be friended by them but can't initiate (probably to prevent gold/rmt spam)

It's to prevent RMT. Back in ARR this wasn't in place so you'd have bots sending friend requests faster than you can block.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Hey Loreguys. Why does Urianger talk the way he does?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's a loving nerd.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do only the quests in the new areas sync?

Benstar
Aug 3, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

He's a massive dork wad

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do only the quests in the new areas sync?

Yes

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Fat_Cow posted:

Urianger is such a massive nerd that even Louisoix likely bullied him. Now Urianger has gotten tanned and swole and will beat any motherfucker that gives him any lip over how he talks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Booooo. I was looking forward to clearing old starting area quests for good XP.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
One minor downside to Verfire transforming into Flare is that if you're synced below Flare levels you can't do a Swiftcast-Fire after a melee combo since it still turns into Flare which tells you "Action not yet learned" until you start another spell which transforms it back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why would you swiftcast Fire anyway? Isn't that a short cast spell?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I wasn't able to play today so I couldn't do more FATE grinding. Does anybody know what gemstone traders give at rank 3?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SirSamVimes posted:

Why would you swiftcast Fire anyway? Isn't that a short cast spell?

It replaces Verthunder, that person was mistaken

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We need more limited jobs. Let us be Chocobo Knights, Magitek Knights, Calculators or Apothecaries.

That last one especially. Tie it to gathering, make us desynth fish to get scales for mixing.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Mime

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

We need more limited jobs. Let us be Chocobo Knights, Magitek Knights, Calculators or Apothecaries.

That last one especially. Tie it to gathering, make us desynth fish to get scales for mixing.

gently caress yes. Every boss is math boss!

Get cool abilities like '1k potency , but only if your current HP is a prime factor of the boss HP'

Top the damage meters AND break internet encryption at the same time!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fat_Cow posted:

He is unironically 100% nerdo dweeb and he owns it hard

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Media Bloodbath posted:

What's the newbie friendliest/easiest healer now?

imo it's still scholar. tons of ogcd heals and faries are a bit easier to work with now. you use their special skills manually instead of the aoe HoT firing off when everyone is at 95%. whm and ast just feel too stressful without all the snap heals, shields, and faries helping me out

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Oh man, I love the Amaro so much! I can’t wait until I get my own!

What’s that? “Get every combat class to 80?” What the gently caress

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DrakePegasus posted:

Oh man, I love the Amaro so much! I can’t wait until I get my own!

What’s that? “Get every combat class to 80?” What the gently caress

what

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was going to do that anyway. :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Get Innocuous! posted:

I love the WoL's horrified expression upon seeing Allagan Tomestones when being shown around the Crystarium for the first time.

The virgin G'raha: I'm sealing off the tower, its technology is too dangerous for the world!

The Chad Crystal Exarch: I accidentally summoned this tower and it was full of cool poo poo that can be used to stop the incoming crisis and improve everyday life!

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
I've heard that on 2 July, those who bought a special edition will get a neat gunblade and a mount, and maybe a few other goodies. I bought the $60 version, so will I get goodies? If so, when and how will I get any codes?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love my boy so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was worried that i'd feel weird playing a male character since i play female 100% of the time if i can.

but he's just so good. so good!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

give us Onion Knight which is the tank/physical DPS version of the BLU