Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to a button that types a square box when I press it

ロ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Someone just proved you can build a turing machine with a Magic: the Gathering deck.

Which means M:tG is turing complete.

Which means you can mine bitcoin with it.

Which means... MtGOX... :psyboom:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
brb mining สุcoin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
You can get custom keycaps manufactured pretty cheaply for Cherry MX keyboards (pretty common key type in mechanical keyboards) - butters should buy mechanical, is what I'm saying.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Weatherman posted:

there's a button on boxturret`s mom that makes her squeak when you press it. it`s not square though

it works best if you also slip her the ol' box turret

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

divabot posted:

brb mining สุcoin

did anyone say ωcoin yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Lambert posted:

You can get custom keycaps manufactured pretty cheaply for Cherry MX keyboards (pretty common key type in mechanical keyboards) - butters should buy mechanical, is what I'm saying.

but people in best buy won't see it then

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Boxturret posted:

you see the major problem with how
get the gently caress out

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Boxturret posted:

you hate to see the major problem with how

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

divabot posted:

brb mining สุcoin

Is this what luke dash jr was using to teach his kid(s) about bitcoin?

How many bong shannons does it cost?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

did anyone say ωcoin yet?

I guess that's what they use for payment in the omegaverse.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Axe-man posted:

Nocoining still the best coining. Also rip :honked: and :sureboat:

wait what happened to honked

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
What legal could I take if I was scammed? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago by Roadto1000subs

I am about to give this guy on Instagram about $150 worth of my bitcoin. If he doesn't give me what he's promising to give me after the payment is done what legal action could I take? I just want to know before just in case I get scammed.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

What legal could I take if I was scammed? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago by Roadto1000subs

I am about to give this guy on Instagram about $150 worth of my bitcoin. If he doesn't give me what he's promising to give me after the payment is done what legal action could I take? I just want to know before just in case I get scammed.

"look, I may have gotten scammed, but at least I went into it with open eyes and full knowledge that it was likely about to happen"

it's like this guy heard "fool me can't get fooled again" and took it as a challenge

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
getting scammed with bitcoin is impossible - if someone was a bad actor, word would spread that hey were untrustworthy and nobody would deal with them. that creates such a strong incentive to be honest that no rational actor would ever scam. send away!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im about to touch the stove. now ive been told its hot but

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

im about to touch the stove. now ive been told its hot but

can someone let me know the best way to treat burns? I'm definitely going to touch it, so I just want to be prepared in case it burns me. being prepared is smart

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

nibbl0r 1 point 4 hours ago

Just make sure you have his real address, send him a postcard with a code word or something. With this you can later sue.

Roadto1000subs[S] 0 points 4 hours ago

He is not willing to show me his real address. Can I later sue him if I had his ip address? And what if he was using a vpn

Geron76 2 points 3 hours ago

Consider it a life lesson and be happy it only cost you $150.00 to learn it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im sure what ever it is he's determined to buy is completely legal

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

gschmidl posted:

Someone just proved you can build a turing machine with a Magic: the Gathering deck.

just proved five years ago

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

necrotic posted:

just proved five years ago

Even more timely for MtGOX! (looks like the mathematical proof was a while ago, but an actual deck that would do it was constructed recently)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jabor posted:

you know this guy's an american because the idea of being able to save a few thousand dollars to spend on something frivolous is just completely out of reach

I know few Americans who have a few thousand dollars available to keep their homes in an emergency let alone spend on something frivolous

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

indigi posted:

I know few Americans

same

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Decentralization in the Nature. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by darthgarth17

As an artist, I've long appreciated the idea that there is no line drawn by a human hand that can't be seen in nature. While some may interpret that to speak to humanity's lack of originality, I think it's a beautiful sentiment that illustrates interconnectivity and a map towards inspiration.

On that note, I want to share a comment in Ask Science as it relates to Bitcoin.

The topic was "Why do plants never get cancer?" and the first brilliant comment by /u/Cruzzfish1

Plants have a decentralized anatomy. No organs that are explicitly vital to survival, and no circulatory system that allows cells from one place to another. They do get tumors from time to time, but since there's no means for them to metastasize they stay in one place and it's unbelievably unlikely for them to damage anything the plant actually needs to survive.

Because of that, plants are much more tolerant of genetic weirdness than animals are.

Sound familiar?

Never has it been more clear to me that we are on the right path than to see that success play out in nature. Pretty, freaking, cool. This kind of proof helps sort out the good ideas from the bad. Decentralization has been right there under our noses this entire time. It's just foreign to us centralized humans.

Capitalism has tumors. Big suckers, unable to live on their own, leeching onto organic systems because they can't create their own life. Some are benign, but most aren't.

TLDR; Banks are cancer. Plants are cool.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

Plants are cool.

:agreed:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is WILD GARLIC the bitcoin of plants?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they do have a point though, bitcoin is completely riddled with tumours but the massive decentralised gestalt of idiocy that keeps bitcoin together manages to survive even when the tumours blow up and kill everyone in the area

:rip::scotland:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

and no circulatory system that allows cells from one place to another.
the lightning network is a plant, checks out.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

much like how plants resist cancer by not having a circulatory system, bitcoin resists the problems of captalism by not being used for useful transactions

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Has anybody said wallet lightening network?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

that's pretty good

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:ocelot:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Craig Wright took to the stand a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144649965697982464

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144664061575073803

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144664316496535553

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144677499135070208

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144681044060364801

The whole thread is comedy godl.

I was kinda suprised Gerrard didn't post about it yet.

Edit: wait, others he worked with started silk road.

Didn't Ross start silk road by himself? Is craig saying ross is one of the creators of bitcoin!?

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 30, 2019

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:lol:

https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado/status/1144681334637547520

I knew going long on prosecution futures would pay off eventually.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

this is good for craig wright

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
someone please make a :vince: version of :honked: somehow idk how it would work but as the idea creator I will accept a mere 50% cut

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wonder about the 15 "slices" needed to release the money - sounds like Bitcoin's multisig solution, but none of Satoshi's coins are behind multisig.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Powershift posted:

yeah

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/matt_odell/status/1144999584344739841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol

quote:

At the hearing today, emotions ran high. At one point, Wright threw down a document and was rebuked by the judge that he would be "in handcuffs" for doing that again. Shortly afterward, the judge called a short recess, and suggested Wright’s attorneys have a talk with their client about answering questions directly and not giving speeches. During the flurry of emotions, even the court reporter has to ask the parties to slow down.

When the plaintiffs suggested he falsified some documents, Wright said, "I do not manipulate metadata on things for any purpose." During the proceeding, he engaged in a lengthy debate over whether an exhibit represented an email or a PDF of an email, and questioned many other facts.

"Does anyone have any reading glasses?" Wright called out at another time to the courtroom at large; his attorney provided the glasses. Wright also used a profane version of the phrase "messed up," saying he once wanted the Bitcoins donated to make amends. He then apologized to the judge.