Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They trade themselves for each other via mass annual migrations, clearly.

I'm just imagining a mass Scyther migration where a huge swarm of them spontaneously evolves into a horde of metallic death crabs.

It's very metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just lock the thread until something new happens(probably Pokemon Masters being released).

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Elfgames posted:

gardevoir are trans. they're named Sirknight in japan but half of them are female

All Pokémon are trans except for the ones where the Pokedex specifically states they're cis.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/KidGengar/status/1144788085793837057

:abrathink:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
pokemon getting cut: sucks

people who make weird twitter posts and send out petitions and release videos titled poo poo like "Why Sword and Shield Have Personally Shot and Sodomized My Grandmother": massive dumbasses, should probably go outside some more

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I hope your grandmother is doing ok

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I mean I only occasionally play Pokemon games but the idea that not all of them are in the Switch release (gotta catch em all sounds pretty stupid now huh) is bothering the gently caress out of me for some reason

Because you see, improved graphics *shows video with lovely 2012 era graphics*

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

RatHat posted:

Just lock the thread until something new happens(probably Pokemon Masters being released).

No

Since we're still 5 months for release, there's a lot we don't know about, I believe in the run up to SM we got a new video every three weeks or so? The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the code getting dissected and seeing how they decided to develop everything, since the decision to cut Pokemon was probably super early.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If its like sm, we will get a few new pokemon in july around corocoro, then in August the gigantamax and updates every other week.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

This is assuming that PR hasn't been scared off by their loud and entitled fanbase.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Zuzie posted:

This is assuming that PR hasn't been scared off by their loud and entitled fanbase.

wait is this reddit what is going on with my browser

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zuzie posted:

poo poo, youre right.

We have to become absolutely toxic by October or else theyll show 70/75 pokemon and reveal all postgame content.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

"we didnt include pikachu to allow for more design space and better pvp balance"

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't think they're worried. All they addressed in their memo is that any Pokemon not in Sword/Shield would be coming back, as if that was ever in question.

They either believe that whatever they have waiting to be revealed is good enough to bring in enough new players to replace the ones who quit over no National Dex or they don't care one way or another and know that even with the backlash they'll still move more than enough product to stay profitable.

This is one of the few franchises big enough to sustain a large number of stores dedicated exclusively to its own merchandise. IMO, people are angry but people angry enough to stick to their guns and actually not buy Sword/Shield are going to end up up as a vocal minority.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kawabata posted:

"we didnt include pikachu to allow for more design space and better pvp balance"

Sounds good

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

they don't care one way or another and know that even with the backlash they'll still move more than enough product to stay profitable.

this lol, this is 99.9% of big companies in any field why are we even discussing it

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They already know the next game will have the other Pokemon, because their secondary team is already making the next game, we know how GF operates.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
the other team is making Town

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And the other other team is making Let's Go 2.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The survey they send out really seemed like they want/expect us to be excited for the wild area/gigamaxing. :effort:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
and the other other other team is making DazzlingDiamond and PrettyPearl

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Licarn posted:

and the other other other team is making DazzlingDiamond and PrettyPearl

Crazy Diamond / Pearl Jam :colbert:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zuzie posted:

their fanbase is children and has been for 23 years. i think this corporation is ok.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

I'm just imagining a mass Scyther migration where a huge swarm of them spontaneously evolves into a horde of metallic death crabs.

It's very metal.

Scyther can't evolve without a Metal Coat, so this probably doesn't happen. Note that Scizor straight up can't be obtained in the wild in any mainline Pokemon game; Scizor probably didn't exist until a human invented the Metal Coat.

Edit: Steelix is another Metal Coat evolution but actually does appear in the wild, but I assume this is due to absorbing metal over time.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
lmao at kangaskhan's mega kick animation in stadium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpd47lTOjW0&t=243s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

It uses its wings to adjust its body temperature. Otherwise, its metal body would become too hot and melt in the heat of battle.

It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.

dang scizor that's so cool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
am I the only person who turns battle animations off after like 15% of the game? I wish there was an option to see the whole animation the first time it's used and then just see the pared down version

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

oddium posted:

It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.

I like all these horror mega evolution pokedex entries and then pinsir is just hype as hell to have wings

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Dynamaxing: what if Pokemon, but too much

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Kangaskhan:

"Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future."
"The explosive energy the child is bathed in causes temporary growth. The mother is beside herself with worry about it."
"When the mother sees the back of her Mega-Evolved child, it makes her think of the day when her child will inevitably leave her."

:ok:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I believe all the Pokedex entries on Mega evolved Pokemon being negative are an in-universe explanation as to why they don't stay Mega evolved indefinitely. Only in the heat of battle will they access this power.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I didn't realize they even had Pokedex entries for the Mega evolutions but now I'm reading them and they're metal af

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm pretty sure the reason the Mega Evo dex pages are all at least slightly edgy is because several of them look like they came straight from a 14 year old's deviantart account (hi lucario, mewtwo)

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Mega Mewtwo X teleports a hundred meters

14 year old: wow it can run so fast

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So these are Ash's opponents in the Alolan League. He'll be facing each one in a different bracket of four, with one being in the top 16, one in the top 8, one in the top 4, and one in the finals.

If I had to lay odds, it'll be Illima in the top 16, Hau in the top 8, Gladion in the top 4, and Guzma in the finals, since he's being set up like the show's final boss

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
sausage fest

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look, if Lana were in there, we'd know he'd have absolutely no hope of winning. Her power level is too high.

As it is, I'm assuming she's going to bow out mid-competition so none of her friends will feel bad.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

:grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I remember breeding and training a Mega Camerupt back in ORAS. Named it Ghazan after the Legend of Korra character.