Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Sex Hobbit posted:

Baby’s first thali! Palak paneer, masoor dal, mango and blackberries, raita, mint chutney, cumin rice and some somewhat underdone naan.

Hell yes. This looks fantastic. Presentation is perfection.

overdesigned posted:

We did chicken tagine last night. Good way to use some of the massive quantity of preserved lemon that's been hanging out in our fridge.

Also fried up the chicken skin and sprinkled it on top for crunch, I strongly recommend this.

Unf.... This is my jam. Looks fantastic. The crisped crumbled skin is a pro touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

kumba posted:

and now, after last night's fanciness, baked buffalo wings using the baking powder method. never tried that before, turned out great

Never heard of it, but those look excellent. Definitely going to give it a try instead of deep frying next time I make wings.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Doom Rooster posted:

The crisped crumbled skin is a pro touch.

Fried chicken skin is the best.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Deuki Hong's Korean pan-fried chicken

Samgyupsal and banchans

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

That looks amazing! Love your banchans too, I'm always too lazy to do more than grab kimchi, garlic and ssamjang when making korean food.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Kenji's NY-style pizza dough with a 3 day cold ferment, pesto base, pickled sliced hot cherry peppers and shallots (hidden), mozz/jack cheese, pepperoni, sliced olives, topped with arugula after slicing. Was awesome.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm wildly vacillating between hating the even pepperoni spacing and loving it. Still would destroy the pizza though.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I'd have gone for a nice overlapping houndstooth pattern, but still... Would...

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Cooked sticky crispy fried eggplant last night. There's a Chinese joint near my work that does it so I've been trying to emulate it for a while and this is the closest I've got. Gonna try with fermented bean curd next time. poo poo picture with Instagram filter

Made Louisiana-ish style white beans with rice tonight. Used polish clobassi sausage and speck. This is another thing I've been tryibg to improve and I was stoked with it tonight.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
That looks real good.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Steak with fried green beans, spinach and butter beans, chimichurri on top.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

A bit of thinly sliced beef from the Nijiya market, marinated in some hoisin, sesame oil, soy, sriracha, lime juice, chili powder and agave. Seared dry in a cast iron on one side then flipped over onto the plate. Some scallions, caramelized onions, and mushrooms dressed in a sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, and agave vinaigrette.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Vadouvan curry roti bread, glazed in rendered chorizo fat and seared cast iron. With chorizo, potatoes, and onions in curry, made from vadouvan, cashew milk, agave, and white soy. Soft poached egg and steamed rice.

tokyo reject fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 5, 2019

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Vadouvan is so good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Chicken fajitas with guac, fajita veggies, pickled red onion:

Austin-style non-dairy creamy jalapeño:

Chuy's clone version with mayo & buttermilk:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Hi it’s me your Tex-mex friend, sorry I must have missed your invite

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
drat those pickled red onions look good

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

BrianBoitano posted:

Austin-style non-dairy creamy jalapeño:

How do you get this creamy (looking)? There’s a restaurant near me that does something similar (one jalapeño like this, and a spicier chili de arbol).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's an emulsion! Roasted chiles, garlic, onion, plus cilantro, blend alone then drizzle neutral oil slowly. I was surprised with the texture!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BrianBoitano posted:

It's an emulsion! Roasted chiles, garlic, onion, plus cilantro, blend alone then drizzle neutral oil slowly. I was surprised with the texture!

You don't need to worry about drizzling or adding slowly or any of that. It seems to make a much more stable emulsion than a mayo or salad dressing. I just chuck everything in the blender and turn it on and I've never had a problem.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm making a stop in my hometown up north on my way home from vacation and cooked dinner for my grandma tonight. Ditalini, Jersey Corn and Jersey Toybox Tomatoes, and a ricotta lemon sauce :shobon:

Yes I'm indoctrinating her into the Aggie cult with gift mugs. No, she's never left the state of New Jersey. Gig 'em Aggies, A-WHOOP!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm from Texas and I miss Aggies and people who say "howdy" unironically :aww:

Lost the sound when I uploaded to imgur.
Mrs. BrianBoitano: "How do southerners fix a bad day?"
Goofy BrianBoitano voice: "Fried green termaters"
https://i.imgur.com/U4vhjlM.mp4

Two trays because apparently they freeze well?

Whipped feta, fried green tomatoes, curried peach preserves all go together way better than those ingredients have any right to. Bruschetta as the last goodbye to tomato season here in FL.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Aggies are so obnoxious about being Aggies.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I won't derail here but I had a long discussion in the NCAA off-season thread a month ago about how I actually am conflicted when it comes to most of the university's bullshit, but I just enjoy poo poo posting Aggie stuff at the end of the day.

(be glad I'm about to go catch lunch with a friend else I'd have made this whole post into a yell leader story)

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
It's been a while.

Beetroot and Labneh and Hazelnut dip thing (Ottolenghi) with Parsnip Crisps.

Orange Honey Chicken (from Charlie Trotter at Home), Sweet Potato, Snowpeas and Rocket and Mulberries.

Croque Mesdames.

A Good Ducking Threesome: Pan roasted Breast, Confit Leg, BonBon Thighs. Wild Rice.

Fish and n Chips with better than pictured Chips.

Crispy Pork Belly with Cherries and Beetroot

Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Roast Salmon (from NerdswithKnives), Cauliflower.

Pork Chop, Warm Salad of White Beans, Grilled Leeks and puddles of Mustard Dressing

Fried Squid and Pigs Ear, Fennel Grapefruit Salad.

Tuna Nicoise.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Was feeling super lazy last night and threw a bunch of tater tots in a cast iron skillet, dropped a 4 pound chicken on top with salt, pepper, and paprika, roasted the poo poo out of it, and topped the taters with truffle salt after draining them. Meat and potatoes (and spinach), folks.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

holy poo poo

Steak tips marinated in soy, honey and sesame+chili oil over jasmine rice. Cucumber and pickled onion and some fresh purple sugarsnap peas from the garden tossed in sesame+chili oil and furikake.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Spaced God posted:

(be glad I'm about to go catch lunch with a friend else I'd have made this whole post into a yell leader story)

Aww yeah, jizz jars and inbred dog mascots

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Spaced God posted:

Be careful around those bonfires.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Yes, the Aggies are the obnoxious ones in this thread.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Made pisto con huevos tonight. Came out very, very good.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

^^^^would

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Be careful around those bonfires.

Hate the school, but maybe don't make fun of an accident that killed a dozen kids? Thanks

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is like tribute.avi material though

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

I lost people close to me there, too so gently caress that poo poo.

Maybe I'm just the softer next generation of goon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Grilled a chicken.

Man the kittens are loving the leftovers

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

That Works posted:

holy poo poo

Thanks. Also, for reminding me what I meant to do yesterday.

That Works posted:

Steak tips marinated in soy, honey and sesame+chili oil over jasmine rice. Cucumber and pickled onion and some fresh purple sugarsnap peas from the garden tossed in sesame+chili oil and furikake.

Garden season is the best season.

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010

Whalley posted:

They're so loving easy.

3 tablespoons white miso paste
3 cloves garlic, either minced or grated if you can find your microplane which I couldn't
2.5 tablespoons lime juice (which was what I got outta 1.5 limes, but next time I'm gunna drop down to 2 tablespoons)
A bit over 1 tablespoon honey

Whisk that together in a bowl, leave sit.

Blister a pound of green beans in a bit of neutral oil for 10 minutes, then once done, turn off the heat and pour the miso sauce straight into the pan, along with a pinch of red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then cut up about a third of a cup of cilantro or however much you wind up grabbing when you go to tear "some" cilantro out of the bunch, and toss that through.

They're far too delicious for the amount of effort it takes.

Thank you for this - I’ve made this 8 or more times in the last couple of weeks including grilling them with soy instead of miso for the fourth and it’s been great every time

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Flank steak fajita night.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

My take on a summer salad. Compressed watermelon, raw golden beats, strawberries, figs, toasted hazel nuts, feta cheese, and baby greens with a raspberry vinaigrette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Vacuum sealed watermelon slices with raspberry vinegar and red wine vinegar and some salt. The vacuum process compresses the watermelon to give it a more solid mouth feel with tiny bit more concentrated flavor. It's also way more attractive looking.