Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Summer Transfer Thread: Ed Woodward - Shart Of The Deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
My brain always wants to parse the current title as A Magnificent Otter! and hell, I’m here for it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently now United are going after Longstaff, with talk of a £15m bid with addons being talked about.

if we accept this we're 100% getting relegated lol our midfield will be shelvey and ki at this rate

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Alan Nixon in The Sun (I know, I know) reporting that Man U are interested in signing John McGinn from Villa but fee would be £50m, which seems insane.

I would be surprised if it went through - I would have thought the big teams would come in for him if he does well at prem level. As it stands, he's done brilliantly for Motherwell, Hibs and Villa in the Championship.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

if we accept this we're 100% getting relegated lol our midfield will be shelvey and ki at this rate

That midfield once finished 8th in the Barclays Premier League.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/siekmann_m/status/1145307867349692417

Today's member assembly in Gelsenkirchen confirmed Ozan Kabak from Stuttgart to Schalke is a done deal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LOSC_EN/status/1145058751256379392

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

brasstassels posted:

Why would Spurs (lol) or Leeds be worried about ffp?

the football league will deduct championship clubs 9 points for exceeding a certain amount of losses (nearly every club in the championship loses money), so unlike the prem clubs cant spend their way to victory.

Unless of course they get promoted with huge financial losses, like plucky underdog, shoestring budget bournemouth, where they receive no sanction whatsoever

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Rabiot is on his way to Turin, sounds like that one is done, 4 year deal, mom gets a nice signing bonus. Juve have to get rid of a midfielder or two now, Kherida is obvious, expecting Matuidi to be put on the market too.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

For clarity, Championship clubs are allowed to make no more than a £39m loss over three seasons. It doesn't matter how rich the owners are, that's what you get.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TelekineticBear! posted:

the football league will deduct championship clubs 9 points for exceeding a certain amount of losses (nearly every club in the championship loses money), so unlike the prem clubs cant spend their way to victory.

Unless of course they get promoted with huge financial losses, like plucky underdog, shoestring budget bournemouth, where they receive no sanction whatsoever

Bournemouth got a fine eventually, after a couple of years in the PL.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Cool, thanks everyone.

Dog Pipes posted:

For clarity, Championship clubs are allowed to make no more than a £39m loss over three seasons. It doesn't matter how rich the owners are, that's what you get.

Is this rolling or broken up into three year segments? And does it include wages?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

Bournemouth got a fine eventually, after a couple of years in the PL.

which was about £4m or something farcical

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

brasstassels posted:

Cool, thanks everyone.

Is this rolling or broken up into three year segments? And does it include wages?

It's accounts losses which includes everything from wages to depreciation/amortisation of player contracts (sign a player for £20m on a 4 year deal that's a £5m loss on the accounts every year) and payoffs to agents/sacked managers etc.

I think there might be some allowances for youth investment (facilities and coaching not buying players) but I'm not 100%.

It's a rolling figure with different totals for EFL and PL seasons. A newly relegated club can have losses up to ~£84m on their 3 year record at the end of their first Championship season. After a second that amount drops dramatically.

Stoke are in trouble if they don't sell someone sharpish. Lost £30m in their last PL season and then had a net spend of £30m in the Championship, when their turnover was down £60m. Could easily be at the threshold by now, and certainly will be by the end of this coming season.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

I think there might be some allowances for youth investment (facilities and coaching not buying players) but I'm not 100%.

I'm almost positive that investment in facilities and coaching are exempt and don't contribute towards what they consider to be a loss. Leeds have spent quite a lot on facilities this season in order to keep Bielsa happy and it's out of scope.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TelekineticBear! posted:

I'm almost positive that investment in facilities and coaching are exempt and don't contribute towards what they consider to be a loss. Leeds have spent quite a lot on facilities this season in order to keep Bielsa happy and it's out of scope.

I think investment in assets doesn't show as a loss on company accounts anyway, unless the asset depreciates in value over the year.

The owners can always buy the buildings from the club anyway like Derby's owner did their stadium.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Rabiot is on his way to Turin, sounds like that one is done, 4 year deal, mom gets a nice signing bonus. Juve have to get rid of a midfielder or two now, Kherida is obvious, expecting Matuidi to be put on the market too.

Is Rabiot that good? I've never seen him play and he seems to have the demands of someone who thinks he's a world-beater.

Also, is Mino Raiola single? This guy's mom looks like someone who can hang.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Is Rabiot that good? I've never seen him play and he seems to have the demands of someone who thinks he's a world-beater.

I've always thought he was pretty good whenever I've seen him. I'm not particularly enthused about signing someone that constantly causes drama though. Then again, it is PSG and they are kind of a poo poo show, maybe I'm overthinking it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/1145426599237619715
sell 'em all

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

trem_two posted:

I've always thought he was pretty good whenever I've seen him. I'm not particularly enthused about signing someone that constantly causes drama though. Then again, it is PSG and they are kind of a poo poo show, maybe I'm overthinking it.

I see Rabiot as a replacement for Marchisio.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

I see Rabiot as a replacement for Marchisio.

Yeah, I'm hoping he can provide a combination of toughness and quality, whereas the midfield the past couple of years has featured players that mostly had one or the other of those attributes. And given Ramsey's ability in the attacking third, I feel mostly good that Juve have addressed the midfield deficiencies that have been there since Pogba left and Claudio died.

These got done before the FFP accounting deadline
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1145457577016385537
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1145459981958950912

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is loving suicide for Roma. They are going to get annihilated by teams with a good striker.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

This is loving suicide for Roma. They are going to get annihilated by teams with a good striker.

So in serie a thats juventus and... the fingerguns guy???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why the gently caress did we sell Spinazzola, he looked great every time he was given a real look.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Brony Car posted:

Yeah he is I think he just needs the right set of players around him and manager. Italy will probably suit him.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Rumor has it that Leicester will pay €50 million for Youri Tielemans. That's pretty crazy, couldn't get of the bench i'in Monaco, but something really clicked at Leicester.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

shut up blegum posted:

Rumor has it that Leicester will pay €50 million for Youri Tielemans. That's pretty crazy, couldn't get of the bench i'in Monaco, but something really clicked at Leicester.

His agent is using the 'United are interested' move to push things up I think.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I feel like Leicester has a better shot at champions league football in the next few years than United...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

habeasdorkus posted:

I feel like Leicester has a better shot at champions league football in the next few years than United...

if Vardy's heart doesn't explode, that is

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

if Vardy's heart doesn't explode, that is

A bottle of vodka and skittles cures heart trouble

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1145694567989174274
that's funny, as this was assumed to be locked down for Inter for quite a while, although they've seemingly locked up Sensi from Sassuolo in the meantime

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Marcus Rashford has signed a new 5 year deal for £200k a week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1145730230197399554

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Milan have signed Theo Hernandez, a guy that Real Madrid seemed to be trying to offload so uh. Cool I guess.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m pretty sure Palace have him valued at double that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

40m for a young English winger sounds like a pipe dream, arsenal should offer £40,000,001

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

I’m pretty sure Palace have him valued at double that.

United also have quite a large sell on clause, so this isn’t much money at all for Palace.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Zaha seems like he is in a pretty weird position. 26, making 130k a week (apparently), and no one who seems to want to pay Palace's fee. 40M won't get it done.

It's great money and all, but if he ends up stuck at Palace until closer to 2022-23, that will suck if he cares about ever playing in a good side

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The Oracle has confirmed this but Palace want 100mil.

Zaha allegedly wants the move but not enough to hand in a transfer request and lose his loyalty bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
This is especially strange because we apparently have no money (backed up by Swiss Ramble today) and we really need defenders more than Zaha.

Every Arsenal transfer window is so loving clown car jesus christ