Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm gonna use a controller on pc because I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't even act like I won't macro a turbo bagging

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This post is my well of radiance for the two above posts to benefit from

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thorn is so good. It doesn't seem popular right now, oddly enough. I think it's because lots of people skipped on Season of the Drifter. But now that everyone is back playing, and you don't need to play Gambit to get Thorn, we're going to see more and more people using it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Revoker is cool, I'm guessing you can one shot to the body at low resilience?

But the only hand cannons I use are kinetic so that's a bummer (service revolver or austringer). I guess use recluse? But it doesn't work well on larger maps necessarily.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah i got a near god roll antiope (only missing high cal rounds) and geezus loving christ :gizz:

recluse dont have poo poo on this 88 range value

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Revoker is cool, I'm guessing you can one shot to the body at low resilience?

But the only hand cannons I use are kinetic so that's a bummer (service revolver or austringer). I guess use recluse? But it doesn't work well on larger maps necessarily.

Trust. (a max range trust is a far better experience than any service revolver)

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 29, 2019

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Okay thanks, I'll grab the one from drifter I suppose as I never kept any of mine

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I like thorn a lot. With the upcoming Rose release, I think it would be fun to go back and get malfeasance just to own the full set of four related hand cannons. I’m at the step where you have to do the corrupted strike, and I just don’t know if I can do the following gambit steps with any success.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When they release the catalyst for Malfeasance, it is going to be one of the top 5 weapons for pvp

A 180 HC with 81 range that only ever takes 4 or 5 bullets

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blind Rasputin posted:

I like thorn a lot. With the upcoming Rose release, I think it would be fun to go back and get malfeasance just to own the full set of four related hand cannons. I’m at the step where you have to do the corrupted strike, and I just don’t know if I can do the following gambit steps with any success.

Can't wait to be a fallen captain guardian and quad wield them all

Hire me bungie

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m at the step where you have to do the corrupted strike, and I just don’t know if I can do the following gambit steps with any success.
If you get Truth it becomes a LOT easier. I got the full fireteam kill as invader step done in my first game of Gambit after not playing it for a month and actually playing really badly in that game.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Already asking in discord, but is anyone able to help in the Thorn strike? Need another.

Psn is dojisekushi

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_jCJsHBhA

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
nerf fusion rifles

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

NEIN

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

nah voops are cool and good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It's me, I'm the scrub that uses default instead of puppeteer

sliding with R3 just doesn't work for me for some reason

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh like this one ;)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

It's me, I'm the scrub that uses default instead of puppeteer

- Default button config
- Standard issue controller
- Sensitivity: 3

:discourse:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm going to try it again, more because I'm annoyed about how I keep doing the "highlight player" thing accidentally when using the right stick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I'm going to try it again, more because I'm annoyed about how I keep doing the "highlight player" thing accidentally when using the right stick

It’s really nice having that on circle, aka the useless ugly cousin of the face buttons

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Normally I agree, but I often incidentally press it when using the right stick which is irritating

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
What counts as activities in the dreaming city to complete the weekly bounty?

I've done one of the story quests, a patrol, one of the public events and nothing, no progress.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Kin posted:

What counts as activities in the dreaming city to complete the weekly bounty?

I've done one of the story quests, a patrol, one of the public events and nothing, no progress.

The bounties for ascendant challenge and blind well. Plus the daily one too?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how the crown of sorrow post-raid dialog says “you hand the crown back to the robot” as though it wasn’t the size of an SUV when it fell off the guy’s head

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

- Default button config
- Standard issue controller
- Sensitivity: 3

:discourse:

after trying puppeteer again I realized the other problem I had with it - I often accidentally procced my class ability instead of sliding. It's much easier not to hit circle twice than to use R3 twice quickly. Especially for example if you want to slide twice in quick succession.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The bounties for ascendant challenge and blind well. Plus the daily one too?

Hmm, well I had the ascedant challenge weekly and it wouldn't let me pick up the gateway between worlds weekly until I finished that. So that's didn't get to count towards it.

I don't see any blind well ones either. I take it I need to finish the quest steps first to see that?

So does that mean I just do the daily bounties then?

Edit: just did some dailies about completing patrols and killing enemies. Those didn't count either.

What's the deal with this?

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 30, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

I like how the crown of sorrow post-raid dialog says “you hand the crown back to the robot” as though it wasn’t the size of an SUV when it fell off the guy’s head

Size in destiny is thematic not literal, is the only thing I can tell myself to make it all work out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kin posted:

Hmm, well I had the ascedant challenge weekly and it wouldn't let me pick up the gateway between worlds weekly until I finished that. So that's didn't get to count towards it.

I don't see any blind well ones either. I take it I need to finish the quest steps first to see that?

So does that mean I just do the daily bounties then?

Edit: just did some dailies about completing patrols and killing enemies. Those didn't count either.

What's the deal with this?

She has 4 dark purple weekly bounties that cost 2000 glimmer and 5 pink dailies that cost 500 glimmer. You have to buy them and then once they’re in your pursuits you just go do the activity each bounty tells you to do.

The only reason the game won’t let you pick up a bounty is if you don’t have enough glimmer or you already have it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Size in destiny is thematic not literal, is the only thing I can tell myself to make it all work out.

Engram technology. You turn it into a blue and pass it off.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just beat the main campaign this morning - what should I do next? I'm guessing Osiris - Warmind - Forsaken is the correct progression. I'm already level 31 and power 304 fwiw

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm so fed up with titan poo poo that I'm going back to hunter for a while. ugh

the shoulder charge and sentinel shield not working right, hammers just bouncing off dudes with no effect, etc.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

I'm so fed up with titan poo poo that I'm going back to hunter for a while. ugh

the shoulder charge and sentinel shield not working right, hammers just bouncing off dudes with no effect, etc.

Yeah but the clone of damge of Titan slam in D1 was very vertical... so it's all balanced!!!!1

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

She has 4 dark purple weekly bounties that cost 2000 glimmer and 5 pink dailies that cost 500 glimmer. You have to buy them and then once they’re in your pursuits you just go do the activity each bounty tells you to do.

The only reason the game won’t let you pick up a bounty is if you don’t have enough glimmer or you already have it.

Well, that's cool and all, but none of these bounties are ticking off any progress towards the weekly bounty of 'complete activities'.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kin posted:

Well, that's cool and all, but none of these bounties are ticking off any progress towards the weekly bounty of 'complete activities'.

two things

1. get the bounty from petra to do the Ascendant Challenge, then DO the Ascendant Challenge, then hand in the bounty
2. get the bounty from petra to do lots of Blind Well, then do lots of blind well, then hand in the bounty, then go to the Oracle to make an offering

Those are the two things

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol obviously you Hunters don’t lift

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I really can't be bothered doing dreaming city or gambit even for the powerfuls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone