Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
thanks guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Has anyone found out where the class quests are? The game mentions they are out there but I can't figure out where.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Is there a goon presence with a guild on Ragnarok? I woke up yesterday to my friends transferred there so I followed. Just checking before looking at random ones.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Meiteron posted:

I said exactly the same loving thing at that point and it turns out we were both right on the money and it was also somehow worse.

Because they're not (Eulmore spoilers) just eating the poors but first turning the poors into mindless angels, grinding the angels into food, and then eating that. Alisaie also raises the implication in the reveal cutscene that not only are they doing that but eating enough of it might also condemn the person to eventual transformation like being wounded by a major sin eater would, which is probably also intentional on Vauthry's part.

I thought pretty much that exact thing when I first ran into it. Remember that lout that you talk to when you first get to Gatetown with Alphinaud? He mentions that meol is "the best thing he's ever tasted." It was a dead giveaway.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Has anyone found out where the class quests are? The game mentions they are out there but I can't figure out where.

The role quests are pointed out to you through msq. You'll unlock them after the 71 dungeon.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
LOL the crafting questline for the WVR/CRP/LTW facet starts with you meeting this allagan-like node that is into BDSM

ImpAtom posted:

Shortly after you do the level 71 dungeon, you'll be introduced to a group of four bounty hunters. It's them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Intoluene posted:

The role quests are pointed out to you through msq. You'll unlock them after the 71 dungeon.

Oh no. I don't mean those. Once you hit 80 you're told there is a class-specific quest.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Oh no. I don't mean those. Once you hit 80 you're told there is a class-specific quest.

Pretty sure they're at your usual job trainers back on the Source. You need to finish MSQ first though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Pretty sure they're at your usual job trainers back on the Source. You need to finish MSQ first though.

Hm, not for Scholar and Summoner at least. Ah well, I'll find 'em.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Hm, not for Scholar and Summoner at least. Ah well, I'll find 'em.

Summoner is Y'mhitra in Gridania, Scholar is Alka Zolka on Limsa, both need you to have finished the MSQ and their lvl 80 role quest.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reminder, always talk to Emet every opportunity. He has a serious amount of lore dumping just sitting there in between quests.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how every lore dump he gives has at least one reveal worthy of a mic drop but he delivers it all so casually

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Yeah, me and the Ascians are all tempered, no big deal." (late 75 spoiler)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Draxion posted:

Summoner is Y'mhitra in Gridania, Scholar is Alka Zolka on Limsa, both need you to have finished the MSQ and their lvl 80 role quest.

Oh cool. Thank you.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Red Mage observations, up to 74 and the first trial:
  • Yeah it's basically unchanged. Only real difference is the AOE rotation mirroring the single target rotation, which is fine.
  • Verraise is still a godsend in new content.
  • ... except you can only use it like three times tops since your net mana regen is neutral at best even while hitting lucid dreaming on cooldown.
I'm not sure if it's the prior-endgame gear I have or I'm doing something wrong, but the mana drain is real and noticeable. It's kind of frustrating after seeing the physical DPS not have to worry about resources, and whether it's intentional or not it seems like a big indirect nerf to RDM utility. :argh:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Been tooling around with AST, the new card system is pretty neat. Divination and playing cards on people also seem to stack so building up three seals on trash and then popping Sleeve Draw to convert to Major Arcana after Divination seems like it could be a lot of bonus damage for the party. Lots of opportunities to still get damage in as well, at least for the 71 dungeon. Having a potential four HoTs up gives a bit of leeway. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So I beat Titania. That was pretty cool.

But the fae are still loving scary, because holy poo poo I do not envy those people who got drowned and turned into bushes forever while triumphant music played. :stonk:

Asimo posted:

• Yeah it's basically unchanged. Only real difference is the AOE rotation mirroring the single target rotation, which is fine.
  • ... except you can only use it like three times tops since your net mana regen is neutral at best even while hitting lucid dreaming on cooldown.
I'm not sure if it's the prior-endgame gear I have or I'm doing something wrong, but the mana drain is real and noticeable. It's kind of frustrating after seeing the physical DPS not have to worry about resources, and whether it's intentional or not it seems like a big indirect nerf to RDM utility. :argh:

Also agreed. I find myself wishing LD had only a 30 seconds cooldown.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

So I beat Titania. That was pretty cool.

But the fae are still loving scary, because holy poo poo I do not envy those people who got drowned and turned into bushes forever while triumphant music played. :stonk:

Don't gently caress with the Fae

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Isn't Red Mage AoE rotation kinda the opposite of the single target? You do Jolt to dual cast the long casting Verthunder/aero. On AoE Impact is a lot longer so you cast Verthunder/aero 2 to dual cast Impact. Are there any procs for the AoE version?

Also, this xpack is pretty amazing. I don't think the MSQ has ever been entirely up to the quality of a single player game previously but it actually feels like it now. Much better paced story with some exceptional cut scenes. That first dungeon is amazing.

I actually think new players back in ARR should just boost potion to HW. I wouldn't regret passing by the god awful post ARR patch cycle of endless trips to the Waking Sands and the quality jump has been so significant for each xpack. You'll see the end of ARR stuff plenty of times running the MSQ roulette for xp.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Bout to do what I think is the final story dungeon. Jesus that last area's presentation is intense(ly good). Nice storytelling layers.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Asimo posted:

Seeing the Mord and how they're basically super friendly and everyone loves them kind of highlights how pointlessly tragic the kobold situation is in the Source. :smith:

Honestly the whole expac is a Bizzaro Eorzea where all the arr beast tribes are friendly with the Spoken since everyone got hosed so they have no choice but to band together to survive. Really paints a good picture of what Eorzea could have been like.

In the Crystarium we even have Amal'jaa that aren't deathly obsessed with Strength and are just chill dudes like everyone else wearing snazzy fur coats.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The level 79 dungeon is loving bananas and I have no idea how they'll top it.

But I'm sure they will, with how great everything else is.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

VanillaGorilla posted:

The level 79 dungeon is loving bananas and I have no idea how they'll top it.

It rules, can't wait to do it over and over

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't gently caress with the Fae

Indeed.

On that note, someone in my FC got this message because they didn't listen to the warnings. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 1, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Emet for trusts, you cowards

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
Got booted while doing a trust and have been stuck in relog hell. 4th time going through the 500 person queue.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i spent the last two days getting dancer to 70 and im still not sure how i feel about it

i wish you could get feathers faster, as it is it seems like you basically ignore them until you have 4 stacks (so you dont waste procs) and otherwise you just wait until you have a burst window up. so other than that you basically just do your main ability combos. It might change with Flourish and the Enspirit gauge/saber dance since there will be more aoe burst available and more buttons to hit but otherwise it feels pretty simple.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

How's DRG now? Dropped it at the end of HW as I wasn't enjoying playing it in any non-MSQ content anymore. Felt too fiddly and punishing any time the boss moved around or went invulnerable for a period and interrupted your combo. Sitting at 65 RDM in the middle of Stormblood at the moment and trying to decide whether to pick DRG back up with the help of the pre-order XP bonus earring or keep on powering through as RDM.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm hoping complexity for DNC picks up with the gauge soon. I've got the hang of the 70 rotation, though.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah if it doesn’t pick up much post-70 I’ll probably go back to BLM. Summoner looks too difficult, it’s just piano time forever now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The BLM changes are super minor but make a big difference. Freeze alone is huge, I'm having so much fun with it. Fantastic class.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I haven't read the thread, and a search of reddit popped up nothing, so TIME FOR SOME DOL DATA!!!

re: Level 71 Retainer DOL Ventures
1279 Gathering seems to be the mid tier breakpoint (i.e. 15/20/??) which you can get with the i330 level 71 NQ stuff fairly easily with some cheap materia melds.

I don't know what the upper bound is because I threw on my 1665 gathering i339 set and my retainer was still only going to bring back 20 Blood Tomatoes.

Semper Games.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just here to say that every time I think the MSQ has hit the peak of quality it gets even better the next story beat.

I love Shadowbringers so much.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Just here to say that every time I think the MSQ has hit the peak of quality it gets even better the next story beat.

I love Shadowbringers so much.
The writing just gets better, I wonder if they're spending more time/money on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The writing just gets better, I wonder if they're spending more time/money on it.

IIRC they changed the head writer to the person responsible for the DRK quests

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Is there a good guide to how to play 5.0 Summoner yet? Preferably like, not a video.

I'm trying to get back into it, having only done a lot with it way back in ARR, but even with the toning down it got from 4.0, and how obviously the heart of it is just keeping up DoTs and spamming Ruin, it's still a case of having a lot of buttons that very clearly need to be pushed in your face all at once.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Asimo posted:

The thing that keeps screwing with me is seeing myself down at 6 on the enmity list when I know I'm doing more damage than that, then remembering "oh right, I'm having to hit Lucid Dream periodically."

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Ironslave posted:

The thing that keeps screwing with me is seeing myself down at 6 on the enmity list when I know I'm doing more damage than that, then remembering "oh right, I'm having to hit Lucid Dream periodically."

I hate to break it to you but Lucid Dreaming doesn't reduce enmity anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

I hate to break it to you but Lucid Dreaming doesn't reduce enmity anymore.

Yeah, I discovered this during The Burn when the Tank couldn't keep aggro on Mist Dragon. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That first trial's add phase is really unforgiving.