Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Here's another one I just thought up:

An English couple are driving through the countryside and find themselves in a narrow road with hedges on each side in the middle of the night. They're lost but the guy says it's the right way. They start getting messed with by another person or car. In the end it turns out that the whole thing was a ruse by the boyfriend for some reason and the guy messing with them was his friend. I have no clue why he does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In Fear?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veFc0X48iT0

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I've got one: it's an old black and white movie. I think the main character is named Mickey, or something like that, and he's trying for one last score, so he can get out of the life. Or something. I think it ends with him injured, dying, finally getting to a farm where he could have lived in piece, dying of his wounds.

There was also a subplot about a woman's murdered husband? I would almost swear it's an MST3K episode; in my mind's eye, I can see the silhouettes.

Heem
Jun 2, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

I've got one: it's an old black and white movie. I think the main character is named Mickey, or something like that, and he's trying for one last score, so he can get out of the life. Or something. I think it ends with him injured, dying, finally getting to a farm where he could have lived in piece, dying of his wounds.

There was also a subplot about a woman's murdered husband? I would almost swear it's an MST3K episode; in my mind's eye, I can see the silhouettes.

The Asphalt Jungle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18h5HEKppkQ

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Fuckin' right, got it in one!

Thank you!

Edit: No idea why I thought that was MST3K.

Leave fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 1, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've got two that have been bugging me.

1. Some kind of Alexander Graham Bell biopic. I'm pretty sure its not the movie with Henry Fonda since I remember this being in color, but I've been having trouble finding what it could be.

2. This is really vague, but I vaguely remember seeing in high school a movie about an African American family where a young child brags about knowing their multiplication tables and either their mother or grandmother chastises them for committing the sin of pride. I'm pretty sure its adapted from a short story or novel if that helps, but I can't remember much else about it and it irks me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

#1 could be The Sound and the Silence, a 1992 TV movie about Bell.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

#1 could be The Sound and the Silence, a 1992 TV movie about Bell.
Seems there are only a few clips of this one online but I'm about 99% certain this is it.

Thanks, LadyPictureShow. :)

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Was in the last few years and I only remember seeing a trailer for it. Everyone in the world learns the exact date and time they will die, and is causes some issues. There's a scene with a youtuber whose time is not up filming himself throwing himself off a bridge/building and implausible coincidences keeping him alive because it's not his time to die. God is depicted as a mean old man and I think it is his daughter who tells everyone when they die.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The Brand New Testament (2015)

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Coaaab posted:

That's it exactly, thanks a bunch.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Coaaab posted:

This looks awesome

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

B-movie, horror, I’m guessing from the mid to late 80s, possibly early 90s, but it had an 80s night city vibe to it. Involved vampires. I remember one of the main characters being either a scientist or a science major in college, because part of the resolution was him doing something in a lab/computer lab, he was young white and I think he wore glasses. I bought the film because it looked like a terrible funny b-film, but it ended up being pretty good.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

meatpath posted:

B-movie, horror, I’m guessing from the mid to late 80s, possibly early 90s, but it had an 80s night city vibe to it. Involved vampires. I remember one of the main characters being either a scientist or a science major in college, because part of the resolution was him doing something in a lab/computer lab, he was young white and I think he wore glasses. I bought the film because it looked like a terrible funny b-film, but it ended up being pretty good.

Sounds a bit like My Best Friend is a Vampire, but I don't remember a science solution.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Ok this scene popped in to my head during a recent conversation and ever since I've been racking my mind trying to remember what its from and I can't recall the quotes directly enough for google to be helpful but if anyone knows what this scene is from then please tell so I can say "AH YES! That's it, of course..."

A scene where an old man is telling a story about his late wife loved some ugly little figurines that he hated and every day he'd put them all in a cupboard and everyday she's get them all back out again and since her death he's never put them away again because they reminded him of her.

It could possibly have been from a TV show but surely someone knows what I'm talking about.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo IT HIT ME!! Ernest loving Borgnine in the first season of Home Improvement of all things... sorry to waste everyone's time

Here's the scene if anyone is curious - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2nthMOpsY

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 6, 2019

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
Some time ago I've seen a bunch of screenshots of a movie on Google, and thought it looked cool, but forgot what it was called. It was an artsy? neon-lit movie starring black women in main roles, possibly science fiction. The title was not in English.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

font color sea posted:

Some time ago I've seen a bunch of screenshots of a movie on Google, and thought it looked cool, but forgot what it was called. It was an artsy? neon-lit movie starring black women in main roles, possibly science fiction. The title was not in English.

Maybe a translation of Hidden Figures? Possibly way off but worth checking.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm completely lost on the title of a movie. I think it was a Hong Kong film. Three men are holed up in an abandoned inn fighting off enemy forces in a snow storm. Two of the men are Army generals that were best friends but there's a rift between them over a woman. The third man was a deserter from the army (and possibly a drunk?). One general was in a red headband, the other had a blue one.

The deserter gets killed by the generals, and near the end the one general blinds the other with crushed glass.

I think 'three warriors' was part of the title.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
My wife is looking for a particular piranha movie. It is not Piranha nor Killer Fish. Apparently a bunch of people were stuck on an island and tried to book it back to shore. There was some fat guy with them that distracted the carnivorous fish by being slow or something. She thinks it was made in the 70s or 80s. It could very well be a sequel to Piranha or whatever, but it is neither of those two we listed.

Edit: My wife thinks it was Killer Fish after all.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 10, 2019

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm completely lost on the title of a movie. I think it was a Hong Kong film. Three men are holed up in an abandoned inn fighting off enemy forces in a snow storm. Two of the men are Army generals that were best friends but there's a rift between them over a woman. The third man was a deserter from the army (and possibly a drunk?). One general was in a red headband, the other had a blue one.

The deserter gets killed by the generals, and near the end the one general blinds the other with crushed glass.

I think 'three warriors' was part of the title.

Was it set in modern times? If not, maybe The Warlords? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warlords

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhfUq66ADQ

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

font color sea posted:

Do you have enough of a memory of the title to know what language (or guess) it was in? Did it use Roman characters, Cyrillic, etc?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat you guys are good, this is definitely it. Thanks!

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!

TTBF posted:

Do you have enough of a memory of the title to know what language (or guess) it was in? Did it use Roman characters, Cyrillic, etc?

French or other Romance language like Spanish

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

My wife is looking for a particular piranha movie. It is not Piranha nor Killer Fish. Apparently a bunch of people were stuck on an island and tried to book it back to shore. There was some fat guy with them that distracted the carnivorous fish by being slow or something. She thinks it was made in the 70s or 80s. It could very well be a sequel to Piranha or whatever, but it is neither of those two we listed.

Is it possible that it's The Raft (hahaha I was just distracted and actually initially wrote 'The Fart') from one of the Creepshow movies?

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

font color sea posted:

French or other Romance language like Spanish

I'd be surprised if it's anything other than Girlhood aka Bande de Filles. Although there's zero sci-fi element, so maybe I'm wrong, but black female led films are pretty thin on the ground.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it possible that it's The Raft (hahaha I was just distracted and actually initially wrote 'The Fart') from one of the Creepshow movies?

I don't think so, but that one is also on our list of things to watch on the projector while we're in the pool.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

I'd be surprised if it's anything other than Girlhood aka Bande de Filles. Although there's zero sci-fi element, so maybe I'm wrong, but black female led films are pretty thin on the ground.

Enter the Void, but you haven’t quite grasped racial characteristics?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There's apparently one from 1972 that's more 70s exploration than the well known Piranha. Try this one out, haven't seen it to know if that scene is in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpxWlxN-P7E

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

Yeah I read that and the (amazing) scene where they dance to Rihanna sprung immediately to mind

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

That's not it unfortunately, but it looks like a cool movie, so thanks for the suggestion.

The movie I'm looking for was set back during one of the dynasty eras though.

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
I've managed to identify the film in question as Les Saignantes(2005), but thanks everyone for suggesting new stuff to watch!

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
My nephew swears he remembered some movie where a video game character came to life and chased around some teenager through a city. The character was apparently dressed in white and had a white mask with some black element to it. There were also supposed to be some other people with health bars above their heads.

I think he probably fell asleep during a movie and dreamt it but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. If somebody described the plot if Sharknado to me without me knowing anything about it, I would probably think it was a dream too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Sounds like "Killer Fish".

It just got the MST3K treatment on Netflix.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
What’s that one movie that became a CineD meme for a moment? It was a mockbuster of Cars, and specifically the clip that went viral of it was the ending, where the villain basically lines up all the heroes and has them executed. They’re eventually revealed to be okay on some bullshit children’s movie technicality, but the sheer grimness of the scene leading up to it was hysterical.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

What’s that one movie that became a CineD meme for a moment? It was a mockbuster of Cars, and specifically the clip that went viral of it was the ending, where the villain basically lines up all the heroes and has them executed. They’re eventually revealed to be okay on some bullshit children’s movie technicality, but the sheer grimness of the scene leading up to it was hysterical.

I believe that's A Car's Life: Sparky's Big Adventure.

I hate that I know this.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Captain Jesus posted:

My nephew swears he remembered some movie where a video game character came to life and chased around some teenager through a city. The character was apparently dressed in white and had a white mask with some black element to it. There were also supposed to be some other people with health bars above their heads.

I think he probably fell asleep during a movie and dreamt it but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. If somebody described the plot if Sharknado to me without me knowing anything about it, I would probably think it was a dream too.

Sounds like Stay Alive maybe?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Captain Jesus posted:

If somebody described the plot if Sharknado to me without me knowing anything about it, I would probably think it was a dream too.

" ... and then they made SIX of 'em!"
"Now I know you're dreaming!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

This was a horror movie I had on VHS in the late 80s. From what I remember, it was this family gathering in some big house/castle for a birthday. Some woman leaves a gift that actually contains some sort of weird mist that turns these old ladies into monsters who start killing everyone. The only other part that really sticks out in my mind is one of the guys in the house donning a full suit of armor before he gets murdered.

edit: Found it, it was Rabid Grannies!

..........This is not a movie children should watch.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 8, 2019

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Captain Jesus posted:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) has some moments similar to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Davros1 posted:

Sounds like "Killer Fish".

It just got the MST3K treatment on Netflix.

While I did specifically say she didn't think it was Killer Fish, we just watched it in the pool last night and now she's thinking it was that one after all. What a strange movie that was. It couldn't figure out what it wanted to be. Spy movie? Disaster movie? The piranhas were probably the smallest part of the whole mess.