Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sports + America = not cool and not good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol cool what a loving disaster

The Press Association posted:

Newcastle’s search for a replacement for manager Rafael Benitez will be dictated by the state of play in Mike Ashley’s efforts to sell the club.

Press Association Sport understands the Magpies’ owner is seeking clarity on the progress being made by interested parties, principally Dubai-based Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, with which his representatives have been holding talks in recent weeks over a potential takeover.

At best, any conclusion appears to be several weeks, if not months away and that could mean appointing a manager on a short-term basis.

But if Ashley decides there is little prospect of a sale going through, he faces a very different scenario.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

JFK and Carver tag team

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
lol

https://twitter.com/krisvoakes/status/1144982525355450369

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

remember green and gold til the club is sold

then they won the premier league after a two year drought and all those scarves mysteriously vanished :thunk:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Man united officially letting the manager go today. Sad but he had to leave really, he was clearly never the man to take them forward.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
bye rafa, ily

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Strawman posted:

Man united officially letting the manager go today. Sad but he had to leave really, he was clearly never the man to take them forward.

Eh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

bye rafa, ily

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3885010/the-moyes-legacy-ex-man-united-managers-long-term-contract-finally-expires

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahahahaha oh yeah

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1145583489103945728

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Man this is grim.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kcer posted:

bye rafa, ily

this covers the entire premier league era

https://twitter.com/PeteGravesSky/status/1143819946201366528?s=20

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

I didn't know he was still doing analysis.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

I'm glad

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

amazing that people still fight ashley's corner

that dj who works in dubai reckons there'll be a statement from bzg in the next day or two. it's the same guy who said they'd be releasing one a few weeks ago, which came later that day

he reckons they're still keen but knowing us it'll be them saying they're not interested anymore

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Not a surprise but it's hilarious to me that a few of the replies to this are "Why did you have to release this information on new kit day?!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Mike Ashley owns imo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I think someone mentioned it briefly here but he's got rangers so far hosed regarding merchandising that for every £10 spent on their merch, the club as it is now only gets 14p

it's was posted on one of those fan run news aggregator twitter accounts so it could be bullshit, but it wouldn't surprise me

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i kind of love that rafa has this love from the fans everywhere he's worked

i am baffled why big clubs are not lining up to give him money to properly run their teams

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

i am baffled why big clubs are not lining up to give him money to properly run their teams

Except Chelsea for whatever reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So this could be preparing for a sale or just tidying things up the only really interesting bit is that the security for one of the loans was all the clubs trademarks. Maybe he intends to keep them all after a sale? Who knows I just want him to gently caress off

https://twitter.com/Rafasgoatee/status/1145651242930200576?s=20

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Chelsea fans are cunts

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

am i remembering right that they never actually took away his "interim" title?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

So this could be preparing for a sale or just tidying things up the only really interesting bit is that the security for one of the loans was all the clubs trademarks. Maybe he intends to keep them all after a sale? Who knows I just want him to gently caress off

I wish I could have been an outsider watching this whole ordeal because watching people texting bzg's solicitor and reading people's discussions on just what the gently caress all the companies house pages mean is pretty hilarious

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Didn't he literally give us the term "plastic fans" at Chelsea's expense?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

bewbies posted:

Yeah, it's really strange that Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter or Real Madrid never hired him...

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Apparently this also happened in 2018 so I’m not sure if it means anything

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Raffles posted:

Chelsea fans are cunts

I'm a oval office and I love big fat Rafa, nevar 4 get that Europa League win in 13

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rashford has signed a new contract worth £200k per week through 2023.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Shrapnig posted:

It's a shame that the time spent negotiating with him and Mata stopped Woodward from getting the Herrera and Moyes extensions over the line.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Apparently this also happened in 2018 so I’m not sure if it means anything

A lot of clubs sell the staged TV payments to Barclays at the start of the summer to get a lump sum of cash to work with.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

lmao

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kcer posted:

I think someone mentioned it briefly here but he's got rangers so far hosed regarding merchandising that for every £10 spent on their merch, the club as it is now only gets 14p

it's was posted on one of those fan run news aggregator twitter accounts so it could be bullshit, but it wouldn't surprise me

It was 4p

quote:

A Guardian analysis of the Rangers accounts last month suggested that the joint venture with Sports Direct, Rangers Retail Ltd, had paid the Scottish Championship team dividends of about £559,000 since the deal came into effect about four years ago. During that time, the Rangers store had taken more than £13m through its tills from fans, while a previous retail deal with JJB Sports saw the club receive an initial payment of £18m, with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Rangers still can’t use the club shop or old website.

The court case is still going on and had a multi year obligatory matching clause

Ashley can choke

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
To be clear the deal with Hummel is that they sell kits directly to The Elite Group & JD Sports to sidestep the matching and gently caress knows if it’s legally viable but it works for now

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strawman posted:

It's a shame that the time spent negotiating with him and Mata stopped Woodward from getting the Herrera and Moyes extensions over the line.

Sounds like Rashford and Mata let their greed hamper the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Get money Rafa. You deserved better.

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1145728329498144768