Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Because gently caress Gob's cock and balls, that's why!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good ideas Gob. Get nice and rested up and I hope things are going well with therapy and your cock and ball torture. :)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Regallion posted:

Okay, but why exactly does Gob need CBT? Does he hate his cock and balls that much?

no, he loves and trusts his cock and balls enough to allow them to torture him.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

T-man posted:

Good ideas Gob. Get nice and rested up and I hope things are going well with therapy and your cock and ball torture. :)

:yeah:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Hellsau posted:

no, he loves and trusts his cock and balls enough to allow them to torture him.

hey if you can figure out how not to be tormented by every whim and fancy of your dong please let me know

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

hey if you can figure out how not to be tormented by every whim and fancy of your dong please let me know

Amputation

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

wire directly connected to the pleasure centre of the brain

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
that way lies the cyborg from global frequency, which is a bad end.

eta:

https://imgur.com/RaXjqTw might be :nws: if you work in a nunnery or something

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 6, 2019

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

thatbastardken posted:

that way lies the cyborg from global frequency, which is a bad end.

eta:

https://imgur.com/RaXjqTw might be :nws: if you work in a nunnery or something

Hell, same

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1140432941828325376

Looks like Gob's working on some of his side comics for fun during the hiatus

e: and yeah the majority of the pages are supposed to be like that

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 18, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:stare: Ummm

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

so uh, TITTY WORLD, the true ending

two siblings ice skating together

gob :catstare:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

dmboogie posted:

so uh, TITTY WORLD, the true ending

two siblings ice skating together

gob :catstare:

TW always crashed for me at the rear end end of the game. Can somebody explain what happens at the end of the long hall?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

readingatwork posted:

TW always crashed for me at the rear end end of the game. Can somebody explain what happens at the end of the long hall?

I should really do a playthrough and throw it up on YouTube. Sorry for the frustration!

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
a little off topic, but, charlotte huh?

(It Hurts!! spoilers) those are Pasqualo's very last thoughts as he finishes making the new universe

Scrree fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 18, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Scrree posted:

a little off topic, but, charlotte huh?

(It Hurts!! spoilers) those are Pasqualo's very last thoughts as he finishes making the new universe

are we counting the holiday special?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

are we counting the holiday special?

Nah. That one sorta takes place in IH Pasq's "mind" as he's vanishing, I think. Those words in the blue boxes are definitely his last thoughts.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gobolatula posted:

Nah. That one sorta takes place in IH Pasq's "mind" as he's vanishing, I think. Those words in the blue boxes are definitely his last thoughts.

Hey Gob, I thought you were on break, get some rest, Jesus.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:stare:

well, on the one hand, I guess that explains the concrete tree.

So is the big yellow guy parodying something, or is it Pasqualo?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What the hell

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I see you!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have no idea what is going on in that comic.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Shhhh! I want to know what happens!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This whole series is like a fever dream and I love it.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This whole series is like a fever dream and I love it.

For a while Gob was tweeting that he came to utterly hate it, and I was worried that he would abandon it right after introducing the best character, Hatred F. Johnson.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
IT IS COMPLETE!

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1142892614624038912

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Man I really don't trust you now

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

i feel like a loving moron because i have no idea about anything that happened in poopy doopy

like i get that it was very loosely a parody of flcl just like how pretty cool dude miracleman was very loosely a parody of devilman, and larry the murderer is in both, but after that im lost

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Two things: one is that there is a guest comic today
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1145682694279274496

However on another much more :kimchi: note, somehow both Gob and his wife follow me on twitter and I mentioned I was going through a serious rough patch (dealing with depression, getting super sick and also dealing with some alcohol withdrawal symptoms) and he actually reached out to me and completely unprovoked drew this for me
https://twitter.com/Atkinson72R/status/1145431693165121536
Just, super nice guy. I like him a lot.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Seshoho Cian posted:

i feel like a loving moron because i have no idea about anything that happened in poopy doopy

like i get that it was very loosely a parody of flcl just like how pretty cool dude miracleman was very loosely a parody of devilman, and larry the murderer is in both, but after that im lost

I'm kind of the opposite, I kind of think I got the gist of it, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have this odd feeling I did not watch enough Anime to understand your post.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So is Larry the murderer's punishment to be reincarnated into every person he killed? When the big man touched him he got the same pattern that special agent gross got from being pincushioned.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Libluini posted:

I'm kind of the opposite, I kind of think I got the gist of it, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have this odd feeling I did not watch enough Anime to understand your post.

When I said they are loosely parodies, the word "loosely" is doing a lot of work. The most direct parody is the first issue of Pretty Cool Dude Miracleman, which is a reference to a scene from the old Devilman OVA. After that it diverges really wildly and basically follows none of the same plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCyIWL4Iio

As for Poopy Doopy, the most direct thing is just that the two women Larry kills are based on the protagonists of the different seasons of FLCL. Again other than that, it really has nothing to do with the show.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

Just, super nice guy. I like him a lot.
Oh it's you! I know you! And I like you too! Thank you for all the kind words.

Seshoho Cian posted:

You don't have to feel like a moron. Both anime parodies I attempted, I quickly let fall apart in favor of something weirder. As for the end of Poopy Doopy (haha), I just went wild with the weirdness.

I'm happy to say, though, that it wasn't just weird for weirdness' sake. It makes sense if you're me and you know what it all means. I'd rather not explain too much right now so you guys can have fun (or just get really angry) trying to make sense of it.

I really got into Twin Peaks and David Lynch's work near the end of IT HURTS, and that inspired me to try my hand at super surreal poo poo. It's so much dang fun making odd looking imagery. And I think weird and funny go hand in hand.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Oh it's you! I know you! And I like you too! Thank you for all the kind words.

You don't have to feel like a moron. Both anime parodies I attempted, I quickly let fall apart in favor of something weirder. As for the end of Poopy Doopy (haha), I just went wild with the weirdness.

I'm happy to say, though, that it wasn't just weird for weirdness' sake. It makes sense if you're me and you know what it all means. I'd rather not explain too much right now so you guys can have fun (or just get really angry) trying to make sense of it.

I really got into Twin Peaks and David Lynch's work near the end of IT HURTS, and that inspired me to try my hand at super surreal poo poo. It's so much dang fun making odd looking imagery. And I think weird and funny go hand in hand.

but does poopy doopy fit into the PFM universe? Was it actually Larry that freaked out the girls with the concrete tree?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

but does poopy doopy fit into the PFM universe? Was it actually Larry that freaked out the girls with the concrete tree?

The dummy stuck his face through a crack he wasn't supposed to stick his face through. He shouldn't have done that because it spooked our friends.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gobolatula posted:

Yessss

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Seshoho Cian posted:

When I said they are loosely parodies, the word "loosely" is doing a lot of work. The most direct parody is the first issue of Pretty Cool Dude Miracleman, which is a reference to a scene from the old Devilman OVA. After that it diverges really wildly and basically follows none of the same plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCyIWL4Iio

As for Poopy Doopy, the most direct thing is just that the two women Larry kills are based on the protagonists of the different seasons of FLCL. Again other than that, it really has nothing to do with the show.

Oh wow, these references wooshed so far above my head they entered loving Lunar orbit. :v:

And FLCL had seasons??? Clearly, I'm not watching Anime enough

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
One season of FLCL was enough to know I never wanted to watch any more.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Like, 15 years after the original series someone thought it’d be a good idea to do two more seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I watch devilman crybaby on this threads recommendation, and I hated you all for a little while.