Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I only just realize that she isn't missing an arm, and the updated version actually makes it even harder to make out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was the last movie I watched on Filmstruck and it apparently hasn’t been on any kind of physical release (maybe VHS?) so I’m just glad it’s coming out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
lol

Nice rear end

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Spending a dozen hours stabbing werewolves and zombies, pausing to muse if maybe man is the real monster, then immediately allying with with said monstrous man because it'll help you stab more werewolves and zombies is pretty much the Witcher experience in a nutshell so I'm glad they're staying true to the games.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
One of the most iconic things about the Witcher is that he has two swords, and the poster couldn't even get that right.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

One of the most iconic things about the Witcher is that he has two swords, and the poster couldn't even get that right.

Carrying them both is a game thing; if they're sticking to the books, he keeps one on his horse.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It'll be interesting to see which one they follow.

The games are leagues more popular than the books, a fact which drives Sapkowski insane.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MikeJF posted:

Carrying them both is a game thing; if they're sticking to the books, he keeps one on his horse.

Why doesn't he just use the silver sword all the time?

It's not like humans would be immune to it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Why doesn't he just use the silver sword all the time?

It's not like humans would be immune to it.

Silver is soft and you'd be at a disadvantage against anyone using iron weapons or armor. You'd come out of your fight with your silver sword bent, broken, or with pieces gouged out of it. So instead of using a relatively cheap iron sword you're using, to no benefit, a weapon made of precious metal that needs to be constantly repaired or replaced.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The games are leagues more popular than the books, a fact which drives Sapkowski insane.

I wonder if he learned his lesson and made a better deal this time.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog, please change the tagline and replace "monsters" with "shows." Thank you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Wonder if it'll be as racist rear end creepy male gazey dogshit as the games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

at least they got one good thing down :tutbutt:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You champ. Thanks. :hf:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe he lost one

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NOT MY GERALT!!! :reject:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ahahahaha then he turns around and it's loving Henry Cavill ahahahahahah

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Cavill also posted the front view on his Instagram

It's not bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Looks too young as Gerald.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Maybe it’s a prequel or some poo poo. I wonder if, when he inevitably gets naked, he’ll look like he went through a combine harvester as a kid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No bath no buy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the outfit is a bit goth

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sir Kodiak posted:

Silver is soft and you'd be at a disadvantage against anyone using iron weapons or armor. You'd come out of your fight with your silver sword bent, broken, or with pieces gouged out of it. So instead of using a relatively cheap iron sword you're using, to no benefit, a weapon made of precious metal that needs to be constantly repaired or replaced.

The swords degrade at the same rate in the game. He even fights monsters with "hides tougher than iron and claws as sharp as swords".

Just make a really dope steel sword and plate it with silver. Or put in some silver inlays. The silver isn't required to cut monsters, it acts like a Poison so all you need to to is get silver into their body.

:goonsay:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

It's not bad.

This is a lot better than that initial test footage. My expectations are still insanely low.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

isn't Geralt is like, 200 or something

He only has white hair because of mutation shenanigans, otherwise it's just a normal, albeit scarred, guy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samuringa posted:

He only has white hair because of mutation shenanigans, otherwise it's just a normal, albeit scarred, guy.

He's also supposed to have yellow cat eyes.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Samuringa posted:

Geralt has looked older with each game because graphical fidelity has increased a lot and having a lot of crags and pores gets to show off your advanced rendering tech and make a bunch of marketing bullet points about how many polygons and strands of hair you're rendering. If you look at him in the first game he's just a pale dude with some stubble because the graphics were much simpler and the camera was pulled a lot further back in gameplay.

If you look at the various book covers from before the games started getting made and influencing the artwork Geralt also looked way younger and smoother than he does in the latest game. One of the Russian covers even looks a lot like Henry Cavill.

And of course there's always the 2002 Polish television adaptation's version of Geralt.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was reading up on this today. They're following the books. Season one is apparently adapting the first book. The creators of the series even said that they stopped playing the games after a while so that they could independently develop their own aesthetic.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

It's not bad.

looks way better than the original wig

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dillbag posted:

why did you post a screenshot of Christopher Lambert as Raiden

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

And of course there's always the 2002 Polish television adaptation's version of Geralt.

“If you poison us, do we not blow chunks?”

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Everyone exploded over that image and how bad it looked, even though it was explicitly stated as a makeup/lighting test, looks that are always changing. I mean,

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MikeJF posted:

Everyone exploded over that image and how bad it looked, even though it was explicitly stated as a makeup/lighting test, looks that are always changing. I mean,

gently caress this might be a new avatar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

gently caress this might be a new avatar.

I don't remember his screen name, but someone else uses it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Would totally watch the lion king/prometheus crossover.