Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

muscles like this! posted:

Off screen Steve yelling always a good laugh.

”You did WHAT!?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“Oh my god, that man crapped all over my room!”

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder how long they spent coming up with places for the guy to stick is poop and how many went unused

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Stomp le Monde
Season 16, Episode 12
Stan buys the rights to a Broadway show after inheriting money from a dead uncle.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

MizPiz posted:

I wonder how long they spent coming up with places for the guy to stick is poop and how many went unused

It's between every page of my books!!!

Somehow I didn't realize Stephen Fry voiced Mr Cavendish.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Brawnfire posted:

It's between every page of my books!!!

Somehow I didn't realize Stephen Fry voiced Mr Cavendish.
It’s in the DVD player where the DVD should be!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The_Doctor posted:

"It's where the batteries are supposed to be inside my smoke detector! It looks like my pillow is in my pillow case but it is nooot!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It looks like my pillow is in my pillowcase, but it's not!!

Edit:. Ahhh beaten, but still that's the worst one

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like that was a Scott Grimes improv bit, and it works amazingly well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I would love to know how many scenes either are or are results of weird weird improvisational moments.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like Reginald but they should have kept his original voice. I always laugh at the first episode he shows up in. "Hey girl...hey girl...hey girl I know you hear me." "WHAT?!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Reginald was great and I stand by there never being a bad character on this show

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Reginald was great and I stand by there never being a bad character on this show

I've posted about this before, but I'm just going to go ahead and post about it again:

Reginald was a good character, however, the romantic subplot with him and Hayley was pure poison. Go back and watch the episodes where the two of them are together, none of the jokes land and the writing is just painfully unfunny. It didn't last long, but it was enough to ruin the character for most people.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I liked those episodes enough.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I didn't like the Reginald parts of those episodes.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've posted about this before, but I'm just going to go ahead and post about it again:

Reginald was a good character, however, the romantic subplot with him and Hayley was pure poison. Go back and watch the episodes where the two of them are together, none of the jokes land and the writing is just painfully unfunny. It didn't last long, but it was enough to ruin the character for most people.
I think the American Dad audience likes that its characters can turn into crazy-rear end gently caress ups, Reginald was too competent to ever be endearing to those viewers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah you don’t get to be the straight man AND a street-wise koala assassin with a heart of gold.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Having known someone like Reggie, I’ve always found him hilarious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What episode is it where the organs start dancing?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

What episode is it where the organs start dancing?

Camp Campawanda, Roger makes burning man

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah you don’t get to be the straight man AND a street-wise koala assassin with a heart of gold.

I feel like that's kind of the joke of Reginald, though. His personality (which enables the straight-man bits) is totally at odds with the person he is in every other way.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh hey turns out this S2 episode where Roger tries out JDate is definitely at least as racist as the gay episode is homophobic. I’m definitely never rewatching this season ever again, season 3 is devoted better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1145361351759605761

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like Principal Lewis should be there, he’s clearly bi.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lmao, that reminds me of my favorite Roger quote:

Roger Smith posted:

God, no. I'm an alien. I wish people thought I was gay.

If you can dream it, you can do it, Roger.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

And some of the comments from this post on social media are predictably depressing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

People just wanna get mad, and have clearly never seen the show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like Principal Lewis should be there, he’s clearly bi.

I’d actually classify Lewis as Pan, like Roger, because it’s more of a set and setting anything goes vibe.

Like try to imagine Principal Lewis wouldn’t be into. I’m surprised he never showed up in Stan’s kinky sex episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bust Rodd posted:

Like try to imagine Principal Lewis wouldn’t be into. I’m surprised he never showed up in Stan’s kinky sex episode.

He did! To watch a long with the jacuzzi sales guy.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Shine the spotlight on Suck-Boy Tony for a season you cowards

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Potassium Problems posted:

Shine the spotlight on Suck-Boy Tony for a season you cowards

Suck-Boy Tony struggles to leave the Suck-Boy life, but it seems like people keep trying to pull him back in.

And they're all Roger.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Suckboy Tony passes the bar exam and becomes an environmental lawyer.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Suck-Boy Tony is forced to go to a gay conversion therapy camp and turns it into a queer destination resort. Francine and Roger open a boutique pet food store.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Suck-Boy Tony joins Wheels and The Legman as Hoover, and the three work together to solve the mystery of the missing condoms (spoiler: Roger used them with Suck-Boy Tony)

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, were the condoms used for Roger, or Suck Boy Tony in this scenario?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vietnamwees posted:

Wait, were the condoms used for Roger, or Suck Boy Tony in this scenario?
Yes

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

cant cook creole bream posted:

Suckboy Tony passes the bar exam and becomes an environmental lawyer.

Potassium Problems posted:

Suck-Boy Tony is forced to go to a gay conversion therapy camp and turns it into a queer destination resort. Francine and Roger open a boutique pet food store.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Suck-Boy Tony joins Wheels and The Legman as Hoover, and the three work together to solve the mystery of the missing condoms (spoiler: Roger used them with Suck-Boy Tony)
These are like the opposite of reading modern Simpsons summaries, where I'd totally want to see how that episode would turn out instead of me groaning in frustration

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

1) No way in hell roger would use condoms
2) rewatching minstrel krampus and its amazing how great the songs are

e:

3) The massacre of the beauty and the beast fixtures and appliances is hilarious and brutal. Like I can't emphasize brutal enough

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 2, 2019

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I was prepared for that. The Log Cabins Republicans episode is like straight up literal hate speech at times and I know it’s from like 15 years ago but it’s still really weird to think of that as being from a post-9/11 America.

sure, but it also features the obese ginger man yelling "AREN'T WE ALL SLAVES?" with the mirror lowering down and that's classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rewatched the White Rice episode last night, and christ, that wanders far too close to being out and out racism. The get out of Francine having Asian parents isn’t actually the get out the show thinks it is.