Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Croc posted:

I would second this and sacrifice others to get it on there to me that was the most emotional match of the year but then i watched that live and I watched DON on a week delay so i kinda knew what was coming before i saw it which will always skew these things.

Man 2019 has been a blast for wrestling.

the last four years have been ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are the Showbuckle videos archived anywhere? I thought they all got scrubbed from YouTube and Vimeo.

Broheim
Jan 8, 2009

Benne posted:

Are the Showbuckle videos archived anywhere? I thought they all got scrubbed from YouTube and Vimeo.

https://www.dailymotion.com/showbuckle/videos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bless you

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I remember in 2015 or 2016 in the G1, Ishii pulled off the Steiner Screwdriver on Tanahashi and the entire NJPW thread went :allbuttons:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

harperdc posted:

I remember in 2015 or 2016 in the G1, Ishii pulled off the Steiner Screwdriver on Tanahashi and the entire NJPW thread went :allbuttons:

2013. then the next night he had the shibata match that broke everyone's brain

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I went spelunking and dug up the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562386

What a loving time warp it is, Devitt's Jr. champ, Nakamura's IC champ but not quite 100% Freddie Mercury yet, Masato Tanaka is NEVER champ and Liger and Tiger Mask have the GHC tag belts

That was also Ishii's first G1(!!!!!!)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

free jiwan

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Cameo posted:

I went spelunking and dug up the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562386

What a loving time warp it is, Devitt's Jr. champ, Nakamura's IC champ but not quite 100% Freddie Mercury yet, Masato Tanaka is NEVER champ and Liger and Tiger Mask have the GHC tag belts

That was also Ishii's first G1(!!!!!!)

I personally am chuffed at the description of Yugi Nagata

"Despite being 45 years old has a lot to offer in terms of competition, and a lot of gas left in the tank to add to his accolades."

It's 6 years later and this is still true.

Also love that this is pre-tranquilo Naito when he looked for all the world like a bishonen final fantasy character leading into the wrestlekingdom where he doesn't even get voted into the main event because nobody cared about him. Times changed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is John Cena a wrestler still or has he completely moved on?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is John Cena a wrestler still or has he completely moved on?

he might come back as often as the rock did when he first started to get real famous, a few appearances, maybe a match or two once a year. i think he's past the point of having a "run" though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think he's mostly moved on and is probably aware of how badly his image could be hurt at this point by associating with them, considering he's stayed far away from anything Saudi Arabia related.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s going to wrestle tanahashi at the Dome

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It'd be pretty funny if Cena's last Mania match ended up being a squash loss to a washed-up Undertaker because they waited way too long to do a proper Mania match between the two

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also they talked for years about Cena getting close to breaking Ric Flair's championship "record" and there's a solid chance it will not happen now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's okay, Charlotte will beat it in the next month or two.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
WWE couldn't even be bothered to book a compelling torch-passing story with Cena. He just kind of started losing more frequently, in less spectacular scenarios. Most notably, losing clean to Nakamura en route to a successful Jinder title defense, and losing clean to Roman on some random C-show PPV with like 2 weeks build. By the time he did the jokey Undertaker match there was no real intrigue left to that pairing.

Even his fun US Title run a couple years earlier ended on a weird random note with Alberto Del Rio, who went on to do boring "League of Nations" stuff.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 1, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

He’s going to wrestle tanahashi at the Dome

Who can face the Ace but a... bad bad man?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

WWE couldn't even be bothered to book a compelling torch-passing story with Cena. He just kind of started losing more frequently, in less spectacular scenarios. Most notably, losing clean to Nakamura en route to a successful Jinder title defense, and losing clean to Roman on some random C-show PPV with like 2 weeks build. By the time he did the jokey Undertaker match there was no real intrigue left to that pairing.

Even his fun US Title run a couple years earlier ended on a weird random note with Alberto Del Rio, who went on to do boring "League of Nations" stuff.

They were probably going to do that at WrestleMania against Lars Sullivan.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
TJ Perkins is coming to Manila for a show next month. But I have heard some nasty rumors about him being a sexual predator. How true are those?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
He is the next Shawn Michaels and Hiroshi Tanahashi

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Schneider Heim posted:

TJ Perkins is coming to Manila for a show next month. But I have heard some nasty rumors about him being a sexual predator. How true are those?

Don't know about the sexual predator stuff but he's an MRA chud which is bad enough

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

Don't know about the sexual predator stuff but he's an MRA chud which is bad enough

If an MRA isn't an actual predator that just means he hasn't seen an opportunity yet.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In the AEW thread, there was talk of Tozawa being a dream acquisition for the company but that was squashed because someone mentioned that he and Cima didn't get along. What's the cause of the beef?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got a Q for U. i don't understand why there hasn't been a wrestler named fence-mac man. he is the man who sits on fences and eats macaroni and cheese on there. What the hell is the deal with this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

If I recall correctly, he posted something weird as hell on twitter once as well asking people who were writing erotic fanfiction about him and female wrestlers (the people on the roster with him that he is around constantly) to send him copies.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite thing was when he made some kind of innocuous nothing reply to a Sasha tweet and Sasha just told him to shut up

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
What are you guys thoughts on wrestling figures? Do you collect them or are they #1 bullshit?

I recently stumbled upon Wrestling Daze Channel on Youtube and his thing is reviewing Mattel toys and i cant lie..some off those look really cool. But i am 30 year old dude and dont really know if i want to spend money on toys

What says you wrestling friends.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheCool69 posted:

What are you guys thoughts on wrestling figures? Do you collect them or are they #1 bullshit?

I recently stumbled upon Wrestling Daze Channel on Youtube and his thing is reviewing Mattel toys and i cant lie..some off those look really cool. But i am 30 year old dude and dont really know if i want to spend money on toys

Personally I'm not into that sort of collectable thing. But don't really see any problems with it either, if that's how you choose to spend your money. I mean, I'm a 34 year old bloke and I might eventually get around to buying a Daryl and that's a stuffed toy cat that Hiromu Takahashi takes with him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

If you already collect a lot stuff, I'd say no. Clutter is the worst.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You're an adult and it is your money, so long as you're just spending disposable cash that you've budgeted for fun things you like then why the hell not? v:shobon:v

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I constantly want to buy figures of video game characters but for the amount of money the good ones cost I could just buy the game itself, and that's on the low end.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheCool69 posted:

I'll only buy something old that's hard to find or unusual. For instance, I bought a Minoru Suzuki/Jushin Liger 2-pack and a Hayabusa figure while I was in Tokyo. I feel like I had enough wrestling figures while growing up that I don't feel the pull to own any of them again.

But, like others said, if you want it and can buy it, buy it!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My problem with action figures is that I no longer have the desire to play pretend with them and make them fight, which is what they're for. If you're getting collectibles for display, belts or masks make more sense to me. I have a couple of figures I've picked up on a whim from bargain bins over the years, like a Hellboy one. But then you get the urge to collect more and more, and I hate decorations that create a lot of clutter and pick up a lot of dust.

My TV room is decorated with my wife's Darkstalkers figurines, so don't listen to me.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Yeah that was the main thing i was thinking. Since i dont think i would play with them, they would just be for display only, and i really dont have that many friends who like wrestling so i would have to explain why i have a muscle man in his underwear over my TV

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

TheCool69 posted:

Yeah that was the main thing i was thinking. Since i dont think i would play with them, they would just be for display only, and i really dont have that many friends who like wrestling so i would have to explain everytime someone comes over, why i have a muscle man in his underwear over my TV

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
I go to a lot of antique stores with my daughter and I often see lots that have someones entire nerd collection and i get sad and i often wonder about that person and what happened to them to be shut down in their collecting prime. What i am saying is that you should buy them so i have something fun to look at some day.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

got a Q for U. i don't understand why there hasn't been a wrestler named fence-mac man. he is the man who sits on fences and eats macaroni and cheese on there. What the hell is the deal with this?

This guys in juggalo championship wrestling and if he gets jostled he says “gently caress you! My Mac and cheese!”

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

My TV room is decorated with my wife's Darkstalkers figurines, so don't listen to me.

your wife has fine taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

MassRafTer posted:

They were probably going to do that at WrestleMania against Lars Sullivan.
ohhhhhh right. eh yeah just keep that torch warm Cena I guess

Aesop Poprock posted:

This guys in juggalo championship wrestling and if he gets jostled he says “gently caress you! My Mac and cheese!”

The only JCW wrestler that matters is

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 2, 2019