Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm sorry, it is time to rub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

TheAgent posted:

RGO lookin like what the majority of original backers wanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATMffKWGAw

Majority of original backers clearly voted that they wanted 10 more years of development to make their game a little prettier, replace clicking on the bar to get missions with 10 minute train rides, and add an impossibly complicated MMO with farming, a stewardess profession, and a dynamic economy balanced by the actions of 9 million NPCs who you can hire to work in your factory based on their qualifications.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wait...you stopped? But why? (pictured to: that one avatar of a guy constantly rubbing)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tuo posted:

Wait...you stopped? But why? (pictured to: that one avatar of a guy constantly rubbing)

I'm on a two week schedule.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

tuo posted:

a guy constantly rubbing

https://i.imgur.com/htkeaJv.gifv

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Hav posted:

No poo poo. The entire cockpit is a filthy love note from the wing commander games.

But with more fiddly-tee

Was tractoring in designer clothes on the roadmap?

Ed: loving LOL that's an actual functioning game. The thing that tipped me off was that it looked like it worked. Is there any part of RGO that isn't taking potshots at SC?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Are there watermelons in RGO?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I've found it! Chris Roberts secret reddit account!

Hilariously, having spent tine in the hobbiest game programming/development gulags, I guarantee this person:

* Already has an idea.
* The idea is (given modern gaming) something like "Like Fortnite but..." with something like "you sign instead of you dance" or "in space" or "peer to peer" (It's always loving peer to peer) or milsim style "You can't run as fast and building takes a realistic amount of time."
* They will literally not have given any further thought to this.
* They want programmers and artists who want no agency in the final product, but will work for free.
* Will want to take credit for the work and expect to make 50-60% of the gross take.
* Will wonder why it takes more than 3 months to develop.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Was tractoring in designer clothes on the roadmap?

Ed: loving LOL that's an actual functioning game. The thing that tipped me off was that it looked like it worked. Is there any part of RGO that isn't taking potshots at SC?

I actually think 'Designer Clothes' is a pop at Hilmar. When Monacle-gate happened in Eve, one of his answers was that people pay hundreds of dollars for designer jeans. For people that don't know, the 'walking in stations' bullshit arrived with a bunch of clothing options, one of which was a monacle for $75, and it caused what can only be described as a 'poo poo tornado'.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hav posted:

No poo poo. The entire cockpit is a filthy love note from the wing commander games.

But with more fiddly-tee

Ooh god, seeing the gameplay in motion and you're absolutely correct.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SoftNum posted:

Hilariously, having spent tine in the hobbiest game programming/development gulags, I guarantee this person:

* Already has an idea.
* The idea is (given modern gaming) something like "Like Fortnite but..." with something like "you sign instead of you dance" or "in space" or "peer to peer" (It's always loving peer to peer) or milsim style "You can't run as fast and building takes a realistic amount of time."
* They will literally not have given any further thought to this.
* They want programmers and artists who want no agency in the final product, but will work for free.
* Will want to take credit for the work and expect to make 50-60% of the gross take.
* Will wonder why it takes more than 3 months to develop.

Given the username, I'm also going to add
* Will be an annoying brit the whole time

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bofast posted:

Given the username, I'm also going to add
* Will be an annoying brit the whole time

Yeah, I at least take weekends off.

I said come in! posted:

Ooh god, seeing the gameplay in motion and you're absolutely correct.

It's one of the funnier aspects is that they've literally done the slightly parody version of 'Privateer', and it's going to be great. Now if only they hadn't fallen over themselves going after Tim's money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish we knew what was going on with Rogue Galaxy Outlaw and its release date. I am okay with the long development time though because the devs found proper funding and are not doing anything sketchy. No reason to be concerned about the development time of RGO.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

I wish we knew what was going on with Rogue Galaxy Outlaw and its release date. I am okay with the long development time though because the devs found proper funding and are not doing anything sketchy. No reason to be concerned about the development time of RGO.

October 20th on Epic. Apparently following a year later on other, competing, platforms.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

Are there watermelons in RGO?

There are watermelons in Mianus.
But would a watermelon survive on Uranus?

lets rub!

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Jonny Shiloh posted:

I was playing Elite: Dangerous earlier this evening. I know it's not particularly popular round here but! it's a game, and it has game play mechanics that work, and game play loops that are consistent (if tedious)... basically, Frontier has, at some point in the past, given some thought as to how its disparate elements might possibly hang together, and they have built a game around those decisions.

Compare and contrast with Star Citizen.

I am one of the E:D-fans around here. The criticism about Elite in this thread make sense to me. Exploration is tedious, yet it's my favourite thing in Elite. It helps me relax. Because it is consistent: I honk systems, my systems visted score goes up. The outside-the-game EDDiscovery tool adds to it by making a nice track for me on the galaxy map.
Solid loop. My character, discoveries and ships have persisted for over four years already.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

THOSE fuckers are idiots being led by the nose by the bright lights and flickering noises of the moron-box.

I, on the other hand, am careful and considered in my pre-purchasing of games before they're finished. THEY are the problem, I am merely a pre-consumer.

Irony, thy name is Cymelion.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Always relevant:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DarkDobe posted:

Always relevant:

One of the threads classics.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

wait...I'm rubbing wrong? like tier 0?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Any Kazan will do, and they come in 6-packs now for convenience!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dude, it is never NOT time to rub!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hey, surprise. Ask questions about ships you can buy. No other questions, just about ships...that you can buy.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I have a question about ships.

Shipped is a term used to describe when a game is being released to the public.

It's been nearly two decades since Chris Roberts has shipped a game.

My question is was it ever a good idea to give Chris Roberts money?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

I actually agree with Cymelion's take on this one (although I don't really agree with him on SC/CIG).

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kosumo posted:

I have a question about ships.

Shipped is a term used to describe when a game is being released to the public.

It's been nearly two decades since Chris Roberts has shipped a game.

My question is was it ever a good idea to give Chris Roberts money?

Chris Roberts' shipped has already sale'd

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/DrDronezChannel/status/1145793232770650112

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Thoatse posted:

Chris Roberts' shipped has already sale'd

The Ship Has Sale'd would be a good title for a book about the Star Citizen debacle.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

I am watching WTFO's Canada stream.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyProductiveWaterBatChest

Sounds like he is selling/melting all his ships (4K worth) to buy a new car (although I could be wrong on the car).

Good for him.

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 1, 2019

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

skeletors_condom posted:

I am watching the WTFO's Canada stream.

Sounds like he is selling/melting all his ships (4K worth) to buy a new car (although I could be wrong on the car).

Good for him.

Like a real car...not a space car. Umm. Yah good for him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Valve, Blizzard, Riot, CDPR all have the same thing in their TOS

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

skeletors_condom posted:

Good for him.

Oof, when the streamers start cashing out you know the money train is coming to a halt soon

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

skeletors_condom posted:

Good for him.

I hope he does it. Would be good for him.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hello

Precis please.

How is everyone?
Did Derek ever get unbanned?
Does Clifford still have a creepy sex offender beard?
Did Crytek win?
Is Ben still alive?
How many days has it been since Ben publicly talked about Wing Commander?
Has MoMA admitted he's wrong all the time?
Is Star Citizen out yet?
Is Chris Roberts in prison yet?

I hope everyone's well.

I've been fine, I quit self employment because my boss was an rear end in a top hat, and got a job as a Data coordinator, Analyst and Admin with a really nice NFP. I spend my days brutalising Excel and SQL into doing what I want now.

Please enjoy this vintage photoshop I made over two years ago!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010