Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

he is literally the worst podcaster of all time except julien laurents

how quick you are to forget about Jacob Steinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Raffles posted:

how quick you are to forget about Jacob Steinberg

The guy who managed to make surviving a plane crash sound boring

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What was that terrible Brazilian guy they used to have, Fernando Duarte or something like that? He was real bad.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Bobby Digital posted:

What was that terrible Brazilian guy they used to have, Fernando Duarte or something like that? He was real bad.

Is he the really excitable one? Awful to listen to.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Is there a way for me to download the ramble without using some app I don't want to use?

Stopped listening last year or whenever they stopped actually hosting the mp3s on their site.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wooper posted:

Is there a way for me to download the ramble without using some app I don't want to use?

Stopped listening last year or whenever they stopped actually hosting the mp3s on their site.

Depending on what podcast app you use. Some let you download them. I use Podcast Addict but I presume most let you do so.

Edit. Thought you said data not app.

Firefox has a Web scraping addon that downloads mp3 files from sites so you could try that.

I'm also fairly sure they host them on acast now. Which should allow you to download them

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

CyberPingu posted:

I'm also fairly sure they host them on acast now. Which should allow you to download them

If this is possible, I'd love to be told how.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Holy poo poo I’d forgotten how funny the story of Police Machine was

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

webmeister posted:

Yeah that is amazing. Only 7-0 or what ever at half time as well.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Wooper posted:

I think you can get the file using iTunes on a computer or you can listen through Spotify if you have that anyway. Both are apps of course, but not podcast apps.

You can listen through a browser here. That also has links to different places you can listen to it and an rss feed, not sure about downloading directly.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ramble used to upload to Mixcloud where I believe you can download the mp3. Not sure if they still do.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m enjoying David Squires’ interplay with Football Weekly

https://twitter.com/maxrushden/status/1145975614777823233

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

webmeister posted:

"It's probably nothing....."

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Thought the new Mince was great. The Sean Dyche song was :discourse:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is it good at the moment? I stopped listening the longer Bob's quiz names got.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I've never heard luke laugh so hard when jim said that dyche sounded like a "sand covered bollock". Jim is great.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Give me just a little more time! Ooooooooooooh Yeaaaah!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's been up and down over the past while. Last few have been good, though.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The slaughter restaurant got old almost immediately. I did laugh at “The Greek Island of Tescos” though today

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

The slaughter restaurant got old almost immediately. I did laugh at “The Greek Island of Tescos” though today

Yeah, it's one joke, much like the Hodgeson stuff. Thankfully it wasn't in the latest one.

The Tescos line was great and I was genuinely happy for Andy when he got the quiz right. First one I've gotten right myself, too.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think it hasn't helped that I made the idiotic mistake of joining an Athletico Mince facebook group where the jokes are worn out even more.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Has anyone signed up for Club Parsnips? Was thinking of doing it before going away later in the year for flights, but not sure if it's worth it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bacon Terrorist posted:

the quizes are the best part

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Actually the whole of that episode was good, for the first time in a while.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Pete putting emails to the stan music is still funny.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Relistening to some of the Peter Crouch podcasts at the moment and it is still really good. The dreams episode is incredible

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I love The Ramble, but this is some bullshit

https://twitter.com/footballramble/status/1153315116630384640

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Meh non of those rewards seem worth paying for, but if it gets them a bit of extra cash more power to them.

Just lol if you pay the football ramble $250 a month though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ohh yeah, I'm all for people chipping in and have no problem with them asking, I was talking about they're offering for the different tiers.

edit: The second one is the worst. A fortnightly blog?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eh, I think the rewards are kinda cool and the only thing that leapt out at me was this:

quote:

- Be the star of your very own episode of ‘Ramble Meets…’, recorded right here in our London studio. The audio will be yours to keep forever and ever (redeemable after three months of this level of patreon-age.)

I can't tell if you get this reward after three months (so 750 dollars) or if the audio copy is available after 750 dollars.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Relistening to some of the Peter Crouch podcasts at the moment and it is still really good. The dreams episode is incredible

There were a few episodes available on my BA flight yesterday, so I finally gave it a listen and loved it. Crouchy :allears:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

My Acast Plus sub was just cancelled on me, I assume Ramble are binning the Acast Plus option then?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

My Acast Plus sub was just cancelled on me, I assume Ramble are binning the Acast Plus option then?

Yeah there’s a short blurb on it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They shouldn't do accents on the ramble.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I was complaining to my girlfriend yesterday that the Ramble wasn’t silly enough anymore, before walking home from work with Monday’s show on and absolutely losing it in the street to Luke telling Pete “WAIT!” after remarking on that Greenwood’s ‘fitness’ and age.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

britishbornandbread posted:

I was complaining to my girlfriend yesterday that the Ramble wasn’t silly enough anymore,

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://gfycat.com/parallelwelldocumenteddore

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

not nearly lanky enough m8

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

would pork her