Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cingulate posted:

Im proven sexy though, cause I guaranteed didn’t get a woman to marry me because of my winning personality..

Well ... you are rich, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Opferwurst posted:

Well ... you are rich, aren't you?
We got together when I was a grad student - a humanities grad student at that. Admittedly I was in much better shape then.
And standards of living wise, I'm still pretty much living like I did back when I had a Hiwi income.

In my opinion, one of the aspects where academia performs well is helping people with high cognitive capital in setting up their assortative mating.
Edit: I'm an idiot. What I was trying to say with the above, uni is a matchmaker. You find people you might want to build a family with.

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 1, 2019

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
Or in the words of the Antilopengang

Fick die Uni posted:

Was ist die Uni? Der Inbegriff
Einer widerlich stinkenden Inzestfabrik
Denn Kommilitonen ficken Kommilitonen
Und heraus kommen Kommilitonen

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Belated trip report from the Ausländerbehörde: Once I actually got into the reception (don't forget, the process is "queue outside to get an early Wartelistennummer", then "wait until said number is called", then "go to reception", then "get another Wartelistennummer to be seen by an actual case worker") everything went actually swimmingly because the receptionist didn't fully hate life yet. He was really forthcoming and simply told us to come back the next day, straight to his office, to get a Fiktionsbescheinigung. Part of what made things so easy was that I stayed up until midnight the day before to refresh the Onlineterminvergabe and lo and behold, a few appointments were open. I can still say that booking Wacken tickets is more chill because like 3 minutes later all appointments were gone again. Remember, you can only book for up to 2 weeks in advance for some godforsaken reason. So, since I had an appointment for my husband, walking in the next day and just getting the Fiktionisbescheinigung immediately was a no-brainer and actually worked really well.

I'm still absolutely livid about this whole ordeal because it is so blatantly stacked against anyone who doesn't have every single bit of privilege at their disposal. I mean, all of this sucked a lot for us and we have those privileges - We're both white, I'm a German native speaker and my husband has a fancy-pantsy university degree. If any of that had been missing this would be so much harder. You have to get past extremely unfriendly people on the phone, extremely unfriendly security people and orderlies, and you have to get past the whole mess of figuring poo poo out, waiting for a long time, etc etc - If you can't do all of that, well, sucks to be you. We got lucky that the Willkür played out in our favor and we were offered to basically skip most of the official process. That was stupid luck, nothing else.

Apparently the Ausländerbehörde avoids any form of serious engagement with people in languages other than German to avoid legal repercussions in case someone's lovely Schulenglisch explained things wrong. You can't request a professional interpreter, either, of course. You either bring your own or you know enough German to deal with bureaucracy on a level most Germans would be confused by, or you are hosed.

Hamburger SPD of course says Hamburg's Ausländerbehörden are fine and they did so much to improve them. Well how about you just come out and say you don't want people emigrating to Hamburg. Save everyone the trouble of going to a poo poo-rear end Ausländerbehörde to see for themselves.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Just out of curiosity, are you recently married? Does your husband only need a Fiktionsbescheinigung until his actual visa is processed?

At least he's lucky enough that he can get an unbefristetes Visum pretty easily due to the marriage, though iirc they enforce a minimum level of German knowledge (I wanna say A2?), and I'm not sure from your posts if he's got that already.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Looks like we might finally find out just how fash this country goes with some actual Arbeitslosigkeit

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/konjunktur/arbeitslosigkeit-durch-massiven-stellenabbau-deutscher-konzerne-16260651-p2.html

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

Looks like we might finally find out just how fash this country goes with some actual Arbeitslosigkeit

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/konjunktur/arbeitslosigkeit-durch-massiven-stellenabbau-deutscher-konzerne-16260651-p2.html

Better be careful and deport all Austrians immediately.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

We going back from foreigners being lazy to foreigners taking all are jobs :toot:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hier sonst noch wer in Steuerklasse V und interessiert daran, eine Selbsthilfegruppe aufzumachen?

Andererseits: meine VG Wort-Ausschüttungen sind da :smug:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Drone posted:

Just out of curiosity, are you recently married? Does your husband only need a Fiktionsbescheinigung until his actual visa is processed?

At least he's lucky enough that he can get an unbefristetes Visum pretty easily due to the marriage, though iirc they enforce a minimum level of German knowledge (I wanna say A2?), and I'm not sure from your posts if he's got that already.

Yeah, we are recently married. He had a work visa before based on his academic job in Berlin but we're now transitioning to marriage visa and him working in Hamburg.

His German is coming along alright, though he's not the most sprachaffin and his workplaces have been predominantly English speaking. We get a lot of practice in via apps, conversations and watching German TV. I think he can make A2 for sure but thanks for the reminder, we'll get more practice in.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

If you ever have any language related questions, we do have a German language thread on these here forums somewhere. Lots of helpful posters and good info in there.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Cingulate posted:

Hier sonst noch wer in Steuerklasse V und interessiert daran, eine Selbsthilfegruppe aufzumachen?

Lol, auch heute gekriegt, 1500 Teuronen :smug:
Von denen ich aber diese Woche einen großen Teil in eine Weisheitszahn-OP investieren muss :(

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Cingulate posted:

Drei Wörter: Ehegattensplitting

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have infinite respect for the intellect of anyone who learns German as an adult. However I strongly question their moral character.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

There’s no splitting in Switzerland so lol if u get married here

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Please don't split people unless they're millionaires or landlords. Or cops.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Das Ehegattensplitting gehört abgeschafft. :colbert:

Im Übrigen gibt es nur zwei Arten von Leuten, die sich über ihre Steuerklasse aufregen:

- Leute, die Ehegattensplitting nicht verstehen
- Leute, in deren Ehe der eine den anderen übers Ohr hauen will

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ehegattensplitting is cool and good because it means I can earn money while my wife sits on her rear end indulging herself in sassy embroidery.

Leute, die gegen Ehegattensplitting sind, sind Incels oder Sozialdemokraten oder beides.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Cingulate posted:

Cingulate posted:

Ehegattensplitting is cool and good because it means I can earn money while my wife sits on her rear end indulging herself in sassy embroidery.

Same, also lol at trying to get Steuerklasse 5 as a male. They literally don't understand this at the Finanzamt.
Well it's either that I am a guy, or my wife being a brown Muslim Leistungsverweigerer Immigrant and therefore can not have Steuerklassse 3 and earn more money than me or any other besorgter Aryan Bürger from Marzahn or whatever.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
:allears:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/KamNoNym/status/1145937651620614150?s=19

Lmfao

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Where can I sign up for the SUV-Brandkommando?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Join the Kommando Erich Schumm for the low, low price of €3.50

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Randler posted:

Das Ehegattensplitting gehört abgeschafft. :colbert:

Im Übrigen gibt es nur zwei Arten von Leuten, die sich über ihre Steuerklasse aufregen:

- Leute, die Ehegattensplitting nicht verstehen
- Leute, in deren Ehe der eine den anderen übers Ohr hauen will
Vergiss nicht das durcheinander das man in Steuerklasse 6 bekommt. Mein doppeltes Beileid allen denen die mehr als einen Job haben müssen

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Apropos Jobs, I'm still looking for a way to improve our income and make headway towards paying off my husband's student loans (thanks for nothing, America). There is a Staples down the street from me, so I might as well face to bloodshed and become a retail slave.

The 1 minute video they include in their job listing is some A grade corporate Kackscheiße and maybe you'll find it as bitterly amusing as I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8DEX7PrRbc

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Why is it called "Alfred und Sabine" if all Alfred gets to do is to appear tired and downtrodden in [generic retailer that is not Staples]? They should at least have shown Alfred get hired by Staples and be all like :dance: afterwards

PS: I have genuinely no idea what Staples actually sells. Are they just a normal supermarket chain or more like Bauhaus and stuff?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

System Metternich posted:

PS: I have genuinely no idea what Staples actually sells. Are they just a normal supermarket chain or more like Bauhaus and stuff?

Office supplies. Printers, ink, pens, paper, backpacks, office furniture. Staples.

There's one not far from me and every time I've been in there, I've been the only customer. Place is huge, too. If your local Staples is anything like mine, it might be the dream retail job: no customers, nothing to do besides wait around, keep the place clean, bathe in the soulless florescent lights and listen to bland background music on the loudspeakers.

Drone fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 2, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

System Metternich posted:

It's a Büroartikel chain. The job listing highlighted that I'll need to sell people things they need that they don't know the name of, so if I get hired I see a lot of "das Ding das Papier zusammenmacht" in my future.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol Möhrenfelder

Conservative "humor" is usually pretty tedious and dull poo poo so I'm kinda surprised that they managed to do something funny for once. Congrats

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Als jemand der schon von einige „Kriege“ indirekt oder direkt profitiert hatte, möchte ich meine langjährigen Erfahrungen hier mit euch teilen. Denn im Endeffekt gibt es unterschiedlich attraktive Zeitpunkte um einzusteigen.

Zum Thema Iran, es wird mit Sicherheit zum Krieg kommen. Die Rüstungsindustrie in den USA ist sehr stark und dass es sich hier um einen inszenierten Grund handelt um Krieg zu führen, sollte klar sein und wäre auch nicht das erste Mal.

Zum aktuellen Zeitpunkt lohnt sich besonders die Rüstungsindustrie und gerade jene Zweige, die besonders stark liefern werden. Nachgefragt werden vorallem Waffen die zuverlässig und ökonomisch sind. Sie müssen effizient sein. Das beschränkt sich nicht nur auf vollautomatische Waffen sondern auch Drohnen, Granaten, Munition, Panzer, Hubschrauber, Verhörinstrumente, Zelte etc pp. Meiner Meinung nach sind die 3 interessantesten Investments deswegen Raytheon, Boeing und Lockheed Martin.

Der wesentlich interessantere Teil bezieht sich aber auf die Kriegsfolgen. Da bevorzuge ich ganz klar Lebensmittelinvestments, weil gerade im Krieg es sich meist um ein knappes Gut handelt. Zum Beginn wird die Produktion meist nochmal ein gutes Stück gepusht, dadurch sinken hier die Preise und man muss shorten. Mit der Zeit ist es aber unmöglich, die Produktion aufrecht zu erhalten. Hier muss man dann Long gehen und die sehr niedrigen Preise nutzen. Man kauft dann so lange nach bis die Preise regelrecht explodieren und Lebensmittel unbezahlbar werden. Die Bevölkerung ist dann meist schon so stark ausgehungert, dass sie nahezu jeden Preis bezahlen und sogar ihr Haus dafür verkaufen. Hier wird dann richtig Cash gemacht und ich rede von einer teilweisen Verdreifachung bis Vervierfachung der Preise. Ab diesem Zeitpunkt kriegt man auch meist viele andere Werte fast geschenkt wie Immobilien, Autos etc. pp. Dem Ganzen sind keine Grenzen gesetzt und man muss nur kreativ genug sein.

Ich finde, man sollte hier auch nicht über falsche Moral oder sonst was reden. Ich mein die meisten hier fördern das Leid in viel schlimmeren Umfang und lassen Tiere für sich qualvoll sterben oder ihre Kleidung in Bangladesh für 30 Cent herstellen, was nicht mal zum Leben reicht. Da kann man sich auch am Krieg beteiligen. Thats life.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

caps on caps on caps posted:

Same, also lol at trying to get Steuerklasse 5 as a male. They literally don't understand this at the Finanzamt.
I am Steuerklasse 5 (for now), we just had a Formular sent in and they changed it? Why would anybody in the Finanzamt care? You can do this once a year, and we'll switch it back soon, the end.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Als jemand der schon von einige „Kriege“ indirekt oder direkt profitiert hatte, möchte ich meine langjährigen Erfahrungen hier mit euch teilen. Denn im Endeffekt gibt es unterschiedlich attraktive Zeitpunkte um einzusteigen.

Zum Thema Iran, es wird mit Sicherheit zum Krieg kommen. Die Rüstungsindustrie in den USA ist sehr stark und dass es sich hier um einen inszenierten Grund handelt um Krieg zu führen, sollte klar sein und wäre auch nicht das erste Mal.

Zum aktuellen Zeitpunkt lohnt sich besonders die Rüstungsindustrie und gerade jene Zweige, die besonders stark liefern werden. Nachgefragt werden vorallem Waffen die zuverlässig und ökonomisch sind. Sie müssen effizient sein. Das beschränkt sich nicht nur auf vollautomatische Waffen sondern auch Drohnen, Granaten, Munition, Panzer, Hubschrauber, Verhörinstrumente, Zelte etc pp. Meiner Meinung nach sind die 3 interessantesten Investments deswegen Raytheon, Boeing und Lockheed Martin.

Der wesentlich interessantere Teil bezieht sich aber auf die Kriegsfolgen. Da bevorzuge ich ganz klar Lebensmittelinvestments, weil gerade im Krieg es sich meist um ein knappes Gut handelt. Zum Beginn wird die Produktion meist nochmal ein gutes Stück gepusht, dadurch sinken hier die Preise und man muss shorten. Mit der Zeit ist es aber unmöglich, die Produktion aufrecht zu erhalten. Hier muss man dann Long gehen und die sehr niedrigen Preise nutzen. Man kauft dann so lange nach bis die Preise regelrecht explodieren und Lebensmittel unbezahlbar werden. Die Bevölkerung ist dann meist schon so stark ausgehungert, dass sie nahezu jeden Preis bezahlen und sogar ihr Haus dafür verkaufen. Hier wird dann richtig Cash gemacht und ich rede von einer teilweisen Verdreifachung bis Vervierfachung der Preise. Ab diesem Zeitpunkt kriegt man auch meist viele andere Werte fast geschenkt wie Immobilien, Autos etc. pp. Dem Ganzen sind keine Grenzen gesetzt und man muss nur kreativ genug sein.

Ich finde, man sollte hier auch nicht über falsche Moral oder sonst was reden. Ich mein die meisten hier fördern das Leid in viel schlimmeren Umfang und lassen Tiere für sich qualvoll sterben oder ihre Kleidung in Bangladesh für 30 Cent herstellen, was nicht mal zum Leben reicht. Da kann man sich auch am Krieg beteiligen. Thats life.

Now that's a spicy Bratwurst

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aix posted:

Vergiss nicht das durcheinander das man in Steuerklasse 6 bekommt. Mein doppeltes Beileid allen denen die mehr als einen Job haben müssen

I don't understand why this works the way it works. At job one I get taxes deducted, sort of, at job two and three I don't for some reason. Then at the end of the year I get the mother of all Nachzahlungen and for the next year they hit me with quarterly Vorauszahlungen as well because the Finanzamt deserves to get their money in time or something like that, they literally wrote me that in a letter. Only in that year I've probably shed a job so they have to pay me those Vorauszahlungen back and then some, rinse repeat. This is hosed. Don't they get the info how much I make every month?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sind dein Zweit- und Drittjob normale Arbeitsverhältnisse?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anyone else in the East Side of Berlin? Particularly Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg?

About 2am last night, I could hear large crowds roaring somewhere off in the distance, followed by people shouting into megaphones, and lots of sirens. Were there some late night riots going on somewhere in the vicinity?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The_Doctor posted:

Anyone else in the East Side of Berlin? Particularly Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg?

About 2am last night, I could hear large crowds roaring somewhere off in the distance, followed by people shouting into megaphones, and lots of sirens. Were there some late night riots going on somewhere in the vicinity?

yeah, oliwan saw a house

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Randler posted:

Sind dein Zweit- und Drittjob normale Arbeitsverhältnisse?

1x Sozialversicherungspflichtig, 1x 450€

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/Psychologists4F/status/1145625660087554048

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Oh and there's some delicious bullshit from an SPD idiot in the replies, where he argues extremely clearly that facts and contents are entirely irrelevant to the question and it's 100% positioning and he thinks it's funny that part of the reason our grand children will have to live on the alps because of political strategy.

https://twitter.com/JulianJanssen04/status/1145777664193630208

https://twitter.com/JulianJanssen04/status/1145785721371987970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The murder of the SPD by the coward SPD