Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

FredMSloniker posted:

Where are you seeing this? I only see the usual bundles of stuff for games I don't play.

They started putting the actual games all the way at the bottom where you won't see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ZombieApostate posted:

They started putting the actual games all the way at the bottom where you won't see them.

O ho! Thank you kindly.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Just picked up AFK arena from the posts over the last couple of pages. I tend to get bored with this stuff pretty quickly but we shall see, as its not entirely AFK progression.

Do we have an SA guild in game?

It's surprisingly pretty-- with a name like that, I don't know what I expected, but not this. I don't anticipate playing it for long either, but hey.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

neongrey posted:

It's surprisingly pretty-- with a name like that, I don't know what I expected, but not this. I don't anticipate playing it for long either, but hey.

I have been playing it for a few weeks now, and am starting to lose steam with it. The art style is great, and they do feed you a reasonable amount of premium currency and heroes, plus they have a cool mechanic for instantly leveling up new heroes, which helps a lot. There is a bit more depth to the game play than you would think but im starting to hit more and more walls where my only option is to just wait for a bunch more rewards and hope that i get enough heroes to mash together to get to the next ascendancy level so I can compete. I might check it once a day to do the dailies and thats about it for now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BobTheJanitor posted:

Lego Tiny Tower beta is out. Instead of the buy-once and get all the perks IAP that regular Tiny Tower has, it's got a subscription type service so you can pay 5 bucks for a month or 20 bucks for about a year of perks. Pretty much instantly drained most of my interest in the game.

I'm not surprised that the bad game continues to be bad

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Len posted:

I'm not surprised that the bad game continues to be bad

The guys who made Pocket City should make Pocket Tower. Because Pocket City is actually a good game instead of, you know, garbage. NimbleBit games are all terrible.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

uXs posted:

The guys who made Pocket City should make Pocket Tower. Because Pocket City is actually a good game instead of, you know, garbage. NimbleBit games are all terrible.

I liked their snake game

Edit: because it was actually a game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I think I might be forever-done with the Tiny series. Sure, they're ok at first, but goddamn, about a week later, of me not having spent any money on them whatsoever, I uninstall, and so far, I don't feel like reinstalling.

C'mon, make a game with depth, and then have all of the paid stuff be cosmetic, and people will buy that.

Then again, they might be making a ton of money already, so what do I know? :shobon:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know I said to build one, but you might quickly need two, depending on how many animals you'll have by winter. I know Marnie sells hay, if you're in a pinch, but planting a bunch of grass starter is definitely the way to go.

You only ever need one silo, to activate the grass to hay conversion. If it gets full just remove hay from the silo and put it in a box. Put it back when the silo is low.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I have been playing it for a few weeks now, and am starting to lose steam with it. The art style is great, and they do feed you a reasonable amount of premium currency and heroes, plus they have a cool mechanic for instantly leveling up new heroes, which helps a lot. There is a bit more depth to the game play than you would think but im starting to hit more and more walls where my only option is to just wait for a bunch more rewards and hope that i get enough heroes to mash together to get to the next ascendancy level so I can compete. I might check it once a day to do the dailies and thats about it for now.

Yeah, it's definitely a 'few minutes a day' game except for every few days when you break through a wall and can get a bunch of progress. The inconsistent difficulty spikes are a bit dumb - more than once I have been stuck on a mission for a week or more, but then as soon as I've beaten it I've immediately cleared the entire next chapter without any issues. For what it's worth, I almost always get sick of these kind of games within the first week, but this one has kept me logging in daily for over two months now.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

You only ever need one silo, to activate the grass to hay conversion. If it gets full just remove hay from the silo and put it in a box. Put it back when the silo is low.

how do you put it back into silo?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If you like Gundam battles and playing war with Gunpla, Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare is out August 21. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDljxG1QdCs.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

neongrey posted:

That's my usual take on stuff like this, its really not what I was expecting either from the name.

As we don't seem to have a goon guild in game I've made one if everyone's still playing or planning to play for awhile, see how long it goes before it runs out of steam I guess. It's called Greater Goon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tater_salad posted:

how do you put it back into silo?

I think, when you have it held, you either walk up to the silo and activate it, as if you're giving it to someone (in this case, the silo itself), or if on mobile, just tap the silo while holding the hay. (edit: forgot I was in the Android thread, so obviously we're all on mobile)

Also, I never thought about that 'take some out when full, put it in a box, save it for later' trick, but at the same time, silo's are relatively cheap to make and while they're tall, they don't take up a lot of area. With two, I don't need to do any extra work, and I really don't see myself needing a third, especially since I actually got rid of every barn/coop animal aside from pigs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thundercracker posted:

...I've got 200 hours in this game (PC) and I never thought of that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

It's called Greater Goon.

Just requested. Are there any benefits or like dailies for being in a guild?

Also, the ads for this game are nothing like the gameplay. Lol.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You get access to guild bosses that give you guild currency to buy gear in the store. To be honest aside from using your gems to buy gear, the only real way to reliably get more powerful gear that what you are using is to buy the next tier up with guild currency. So yeah, be in a guild and do guild bosses.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Jimlit posted:

Been playing a GPS game called Orna (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=playorna.com.orna). It's scratched a lot of RPG itches I've had. gameplay wise Its a lot like parallel kingdoms without all of the broken half baked features.

This game is cool thanks for mentioning it

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

This game is cool thanks for mentioning it

No problem, if you haven't already check out https://orna.guide/. It goes balls deep into pretty much everything about the game. Helped a lot early on.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Been playing BuriedBones a bunch, mostly mindlessly as it does get a little repetitive early on but I managed to beat the Ancient King once and that felt great but then just now I died on in the very first room/encounter to another Buriedbone. Didn't think it was possible to get a score of 0.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

cage-free egghead posted:

Been playing BuriedBones a bunch, mostly mindlessly as it does get a little repetitive early on but I managed to beat the Ancient King once and that felt great but then just now I died on in the very first room/encounter to another Buriedbone. Didn't think it was possible to get a score of 0.

Once you get some of the other classes unlocked and start going into different dungeons there's some really neat stuff.

I just unlocked Kunoichi and she's pretty nutso. Built in ninjitsu so she can use all her abilities on one turn, but her innate gives massive cooldown reduction when all 5 abilities are on cooldown so you can just cycle through 5 attacks every turn.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm at floor 22, level 75ish warrior and bricking it because this is the furthest I've ever managed to get. Mostly thanks to shield conversion and lucking out on abilities (double attack, protection, robust revenge and angel light, as well as a weapon that gives me 5 barriers and 2k shields).

The wiki says if you hit floor 25 you unlock other dungeons, so I just need to survive a few more floors...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm at floor 22, level 75ish warrior and bricking it because this is the furthest I've ever managed to get. Mostly thanks to shield conversion and lucking out on abilities (double attack, protection, robust revenge and angel light, as well as a weapon that gives me 5 barriers and 2k shields).

The wiki says if you hit floor 25 you unlock other dungeons, so I just need to survive a few more floors...

Honestly the dragoon reflect build will get you through the first dungeon fairly easily, which should open up more dungeons and jobs for you. Its just boring as batshit after the first run because there is literally no interaction during the fights. That first run is hilarious though as you plow through the entire place walking up to everything and having them try to hit you and explode.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Unlock dragon and go heavy on hp and ideally toss in an auto frenzy. Pad out your remaining skill slots with 1 turn cd skills that don’t end your turn.

I have frenzy, 4% hp regen, 20% hp, and scouting on my dragon and it murders the poo poo out of dungeons while having a ton of go, though I have to rely on getting limi break from a drop. As long as I do I’m able to clear dozens of floors because my hp grows so drat fast and I can outheal anything that comes at me so far.

Except in karma dungeons but gently caress those.

E: dragon build is definitely boring too though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is there a Honkai Impact 3rd thread or goon clan I can join?

Boo anime games with girls in them, goons are so edgy, yadda yadda..

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

There isn't but I'd love to talk shop.

Kinda excited for tomorrow's update.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

There isn't but I'd love to talk shop.

Kinda excited for tomorrow's update.

Hah I just started yesterday, was hoping someone could show me the ropes. I kinda like the feel of it so far.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

Is there a Honkai Impact 3rd thread or goon clan I can join?

Boo anime games with girls in them, goons are so edgy, yadda yadda..

Might wanna check the thread title before defaulting to "goons don't like games with anime girls in them".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

Might wanna check the thread title before defaulting to "goons don't like games with anime girls in them".

Hah, funny enough, it's based on my post from a while back:

New Leaf posted:

Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Kings Raid thread now.

And yeah, I was just kidding. Jokes sometimes fall flat on the internet.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Montalvo posted:

I just tried playing Cultist Simulator and while it seems appealing, there's simply too much going on at once for it to be a relaxing mobile game (which is usually what I go for; something I can play at a slow pace). Might pick it up on Steam though.

I found it overwhelming until I started pausing constantly.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I think I keep cultist simulator paused about 90% of the time. I only spin the plates when I absolutely have to. I also suck at it, so

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've been having much more fun playing it on a computer. I suspect I'll pick up the mobile version once I get good enough at the game to not immediately die.

Pro-tip: become a painter.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Has anyone been playing Orna? I'm dead, have no potions, and everything I've read says health regens, but that hasn't been my experience. The subreddit for it is pretty much useless.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
AFK people add me 14511209

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

oh dope posted:

Has anyone been playing Orna? I'm dead, have no potions, and everything I've read says health regens, but that hasn't been my experience. The subreddit for it is pretty much useless.

build a shop on your home territory, health potions are dirt cheap just buy them by the hundred and auto heal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WerrWaaa posted:

AFK people add me 14511209

Added you. I don't know why I'm playing this but my ID 21880691!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ca is com released a card game called Teppen. It is similar to how Gwent works and if you get in right now they give you about 40 free packs. I'm enjoying it so far.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AzYxAm4YeWBK7FQN6

Best response I've seen from a dev

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Android Gaming: Calm Down, Please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Shwqa posted:

Android Gaming: Calm Down, Please

Pin it to the top of every game's sub reddit.