Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thots and Prayers posted:

Second-hand Princess Diana conspiracy theories: 1

Diana's chauffer was tricked by the Illuminati into drinking dog cum, which gave him indigestion, causing him to crash the car.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

in order to be Garfield, you must think Garfield

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
diana communicated only via thought bubbles, and liked to kick dogs off the table

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
In a better world, instead of leaving Prince Charles for Dodi Fayed, she would have been rinsing off a used lasagna box to put tissues into later. Makes you think.

VeganEverestDeath
May 1, 2017

Tato posted:

If only this app were around back then Princess Di would still be alive and watching clips of Garfield and Friends instead of speeding away from paparazzi pepperazi.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Tato posted:

In a better world, instead of leaving Prince Charles for Dodi Fayed,

more like

Odie Fayed

:owned:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Has anybody eaten the god drat pizza yet

Even in the supposed review somebody linked they barely even mention the food

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

steinrokkan posted:

Has anybody eaten the god drat pizza yet

Even in the supposed review somebody linked they barely even mention the food

from here: https://www.thestar.com/life/2019/06/07/we-tried-the-pizza-and-lasagna-at-new-garfield-themed-restaurant-and-heres-what-happened.html

I counted six pepperoni slices on the entire pizza and as a co-worker bit into a slice, she said, “I’m not sure if I ate the pizza or the box. The crust was really cardboardy and the pepperoni didn’t taste real.”

The lasagna didn’t quite match what I saw on the menu, either. The “cowboy cut strips” looked more like ground beef and I couldn’t taste any of the tomato sauce that’s pictured on the lasagna on the menu.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

when I think of lasagna, I think of - whoa there, buddy, you guessed it! - cowboys. love those cowboys and those wild west tall tales of them cuttin' up strips of real beef to put into their famous campfire lasagnas

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

when I think of lasagna, I think of - whoa there, buddy, you guessed it! - cowboys. love those cowboys and those wild west tall tales of them cuttin' up strips of real beef to put into their famous campfire lasagnas

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Thots and Prayers posted:

Poems written to Saudi Arabia: 1
Second-hand Princess Diana conspiracy theories: 1

i still really want to hear about the diana thing but also the saudi arabia thing is intriguing me a bit

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The sassy cartoon cat Garfield and his penchant for l̶a̶s̶a̶g̶n̶a̶ p̶i̶z̶z̶a̶ overpriced sad Midwestern mall style Italian-like food is well known and adored worldwide!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

but you can turn the empty pizza box into a tissue box

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

As everything in my man cave is already coated in a veneer of pizza grease, this entergagement is exactly the thing I've been waiting for.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

schmuckfeatures posted:

from here: https://www.thestar.com/life/2019/06/07/we-tried-the-pizza-and-lasagna-at-new-garfield-themed-restaurant-and-heres-what-happened.html

I counted six pepperoni slices on the entire pizza and as a co-worker bit into a slice, she said, “I’m not sure if I ate the pizza or the box. The crust was really cardboardy and the pepperoni didn’t taste real.”

The lasagna didn’t quite match what I saw on the menu, either. The “cowboy cut strips” looked more like ground beef and I couldn’t taste any of the tomato sauce that’s pictured on the lasagna on the menu.

Well, at least the sauce is orange.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

the tissue box can also act as makeshift plate if you can't afford real plates. people in the third world are very poor and can't afford plates.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

The sassy cartoon cat Garfield and his penchant for l̶a̶s̶a̶g̶n̶a̶ p̶i̶z̶z̶a̶ overpriced sad Midwestern mall style Italian-like food is well known and adored worldwide!

To be fair, Garfield did have a strong suburban midwest vibe

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This is stupid and for some reason it really pisses me off.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Go back to being a hermit Mr. Watterson

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Yeah I feel like how hard is it to just have a Garfield themed lasagna delivery service without it being poo poo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Is one of the services available from the Garfield Eats app one where instead of food being delivered to my house it is, in fact instead a man that looks and dresses like Jon Arbuckle who breaks into my home and screams at me for not getting out of bed and being too fat and lazy?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
No, but you can order a cup of dog cum

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Aesop Poprock posted:

Go back to being a hermit Mr. Watterson

Man it's wild how my esteem of Jim Davis and Bill Watterson has basically inverted over the years. I used to admire Watterson as a principled genius and then reading his commentated collection came away feeling like he was an obnoxious crank who just turned his comic into a mouthpiece for his arguments with his publisher.

Jim Davis let Garfield Without Garfield get published and only had Lasagna Cat remove his contact info from one of their videos while Watterson is still issuing takedown notices on fanart and student animations out of spite.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

All he did was Calvin and Hobbes. One trick pony. Also all the big Sunday strips with Calvin riding down hills while pontificating are all the same navel gazing horseshit.

Jim Davis did Garfield AND U.S. Acres. A renaissance man.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Yeah but have you tried the Hobbesaccino and the pizza shaped like Calvin pissing? Way better quality than anything at GarfieldEats.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Sleeveless posted:

Man it's wild how my esteem of Jim Davis and Bill Watterson has basically inverted over the years. I used to admire Watterson as a principled genius and then reading his commentated collection came away feeling like he was an obnoxious crank who just turned his comic into a mouthpiece for his arguments with his publisher.

Jim Davis let Garfield Without Garfield get published and only had Lasagna Cat remove his contact info from one of their videos while Watterson is still issuing takedown notices on fanart and student animations out of spite.

On the other hand, Calvin and Hobbes is good. Garfield is. I don't even know how to describe Garfield.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Tip posted:

Yeah but have you tried the Hobbesaccino and the pizza shaped like Calvin pissing? Way better quality than anything at GarfieldEats.

"Hobbe's love of tuna sandwiches is legendary, so we worked with world renowned chefs to create the Hobbes shaped tuna sandwich!"

*store bought tuna salad on white bread, cut using a "Hobbes shaped" plastic cutter*

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Flanders trying to keep his horny levels down by thinking of the Bible, but it's Nathen Mazri thinking of The Garf, who then becomes hot ripped hunk Garf

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It seriously rules that Bill Watterson destroyed his life and his sanity in the name of maintaining the purity of *newspaper comic strips*, a medium that was already decades past it's prime at the time and which was already fading into irrelevance with the internet springing up over the course of its life. Of he really truly cares about pure expression of creativity unfettered by editors and advertisers people have been using the internet for 20 years and the only thing stopping him from doing the same is pure misanthropic spite.

Meanwhile Jim Davis is Rich and comfortable and indirectly inspires teams of weird outsider art that has far more purity of expression than Bill Watterson's Shower Arguments With His Agent As Laundered Through A Fictional Child #639

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

schmuckfeatures posted:

I don't care what some dumb clickbait blogger says about the pizza I want the Goon opinion! Buy the pizza and eat it and post pictures of it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Goons in 2019: I’m thinking about buying the pizza haha

Goons in 2003: I bought ten pizzas and wrote the name of mods on them in pepperoni and cummed on them and ate them all here’s a badly compressed video of it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Aesop Poprock posted:

Goons in 2003: I bought ten pizzas and wrote the name of mods on them in pepperoni and cummed on them and ate them all here’s a badly compressed video of it
Hahahaaha

I think the death of GoonCon heralded the end of profoundly terrible ideas put to video on the daily

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Drink-Mix Man posted:

To be fair, Garfield did have a strong suburban midwest vibe

I guess this guy really IS in touch with Garfield.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

pizza_goop.avi

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

It seriously rules that Bill Watterson destroyed his life and his sanity in the name of maintaining the purity of *newspaper comic strips*, a medium that was already decades past it's prime at the time and which was already fading into irrelevance with the internet springing up over the course of its life. Of he really truly cares about pure expression of creativity unfettered by editors and advertisers people have been using the internet for 20 years and the only thing stopping him from doing the same is pure misanthropic spite.

Meanwhile Jim Davis is Rich and comfortable and indirectly inspires teams of weird outsider art that has far more purity of expression than Bill Watterson's Shower Arguments With His Agent As Laundered Through A Fictional Child #639

You're right, Watterson totally should have licensed some official stickers of Calvin pissing on things. He would be a good and respectable man today if he had done that.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

There are no stickers of Garfield pissing. Because Jim Davis is pro-active and took charge of things. You have Garfield suction cupped to windows, but never pissing.

Bill Watterson's apathy has led to Calvin pissing everywhere, world-wide. No car manufacturer logo or religious symbol is safe. Just a boy pissing over everything we hold dear. All because Bill Watterson didn't have the guts to take control of his creation.

The circle will be complete when Bill Watterson finally dies and someone sticks a Calvin pissing sticker on his headstone.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

TBH I don't really hate Watterson for not wanting his stuff to be merchandised to hell and back. He's pretentious but the world doesn't really need more plastic poo poo from China that's just gonna end up in a landfill anyway.

I'm glad he isn't all over social media or something, he'd probably be a huge turd.

Lmao I didnt know he was Ned Flanders.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 3, 2019

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tato posted:

There are no stickers of Garfield pissing. Because Jim Davis is pro-active and took charge of things. You have Garfield suction cupped to windows, but never pissing.

Bill Watterson's apathy has led to Calvin pissing everywhere, world-wide. No car manufacturer logo or religious symbol is safe. Just a boy pissing over everything we hold dear. All because Bill Watterson didn't have the guts to take control of his creation.

The circle will be complete when Bill Watterson finally dies and someone sticks a Calvin pissing sticker on his headstone.

This is an interesting take. Have you considered that the reason there are no Garfield pissing on things stickers is that nobody gives a poo poo about Garfield other than laughing at the existence of Garfield? And Watterson absolutely proactively took control of his creation, he didn't want it merchandized. I would say Davis sold out, but I don't feel like cartoons about a fat cat that hates Mondays are really artistic to begin with it's just an inexplicable thing that caught on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

NEVER disparage my fat orange God!