Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Waste of money right now. Everyone's trying to level their dancers and gunblades, so healers are getting tons of bonus experience from the duty roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Speaking of Stormblood, my wife is stuck on the Lakshmi solo fight and she just can't seem to figure out how to kill all the stupid tempering balls. I've tried to get her past that into the actual fight part but she mains Bard and I haven't even touched it yet so I don't know what any of her buttons do (and the one time she made it to the fight herself she lost to the tempering balls during the fight part). Short of just buying the Stormblood MSQ skip, does anyone have any advice for her other beyond "git gud"?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Waste of money right now. Everyone's trying to level their dancers and gunblades, so healers are getting tons of bonus experience from the duty roulette.

Not if hes starting from 1.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That's just to get a character up in level so I can get GNB/DNC so I can do Heavensward and Stormblood with 'em. I heard they both start at level 60?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TB5em9Mdw

post MSQ musings: Was chatting with an FC mate and I really like his theory that the Twelve are Amaroutans who summoned Hydaelyn, and that we are one of the Twelve.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Speaking of Stormblood, my wife is stuck on the Lakshmi solo fight and she just can't seem to figure out how to kill all the stupid tempering balls. I've tried to get her past that into the actual fight part but she mains Bard and I haven't even touched it yet so I don't know what any of her buttons do (and the one time she made it to the fight herself she lost to the tempering balls during the fight part). Short of just buying the Stormblood MSQ skip, does anyone have any advice for her other beyond "git gud"?

There's no real "one easy trick", it's just prioritizing the orbs, and centering yourself so you can take out several at once.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Might could adjust the camera view so it looks more like what it is (you're trying to stop the balls from going down field). I remember having trouble until I zoomed like all the way out.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Had anyone received their code email for the finalise, Mont, and other digital deluxe extras?

My wife got her mount and other goodies yesterday. I assume it was a PS4 thing. I play on PC and saw a few people yesterday with their new mounts. I still haven't gotten mine yet, but I can't check the SE store right now to try and activate it. I certainly don't have an email yet.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Annath posted:

So, I bought the $200 Whale Edition of SHB.

I have 2 packages coming from SqEnix.

A 6lb package coming today, and a ~1.2lb package coming on July 6th.

I'm assuming that the 6lb package is the statue/physical goods, and the ~1lb package is the game box.

The game box with my product code.

So I can't activate my game til Saturday, while I have this whole week off from work for the holiday.

Your pre-order/early access should be good till around then from what I've been hearing to give you a few days to get and activate the key. Hope I'm not wrong for your sake though :ohdear:

Leofish posted:

My wife got her mount and other goodies yesterday. I assume it was a PS4 thing. I play on PC and saw a few people yesterday with their new mounts. I still haven't gotten mine yet, but I can't check the SE store right now to try and activate it. I certainly don't have an email yet.

The SquareEnix store is now saying it's processing my key, so hoping it'll finish soon so I can toss it in MogStation and not think about it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Nessus posted:

Yeah I think the Steppe is generally held to be the best zone in Stormblood.

I think in light of Shadowbringers SB is gonna look like the poor sister of the expansions, but they probably felt they had no choice, and they might not have felt there was enough compelling story content to do a full Othard expac. So, marry the two and get it out the door.

I feel like if Heavensward had one more patch cycle and fit everything between the current end of HW and the first fight with Zenos as the last HW patch and then started Stormblood from there it would feel a lot more cohesive. Focus the 4.0 story solely on liberating Doma and then left the Ala Mihgo stuff for 4.1 and beyond.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: Headpats Is Some Powerful poo poo

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 2, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Some alt-Sahagins just asked me if I wanted to jizz on their eggs.

I'm dead loving serious.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Bremma posted:

Your pre-order/early access should be good till around then from what I've been hearing to give you a few days to get and activate the key. Hope I'm not wrong for your sake though :ohdear:

Nope, you're correct. Their official articles say your Early Access is good until July 5th: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5b12fb4843a41320a9aae21e14dde27e4c2c9366

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Bremma posted:

Pryce posted:

Nope, you're correct. Their official articles say your Early Access is good until July 5th: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5b12fb4843a41320a9aae21e14dde27e4c2c9366

Oh good, that's nice of them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TB5em9Mdw

post MSQ musings: Was chatting with an FC mate and I really like his theory that the Twelve are Amaroutans who summoned Hydaelyn, and that we are one of the Twelve.

Oh poo poo. That would make a lot of sense. Since it was the council of 14 and they lost a member and the 12 + you would also be 13.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Fister Roboto posted:

Some alt-Sahagins just asked me if I wanted to jizz on their eggs.

I'm dead loving serious.

Well, did you?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mister No posted:

Well, did you?

I offered, but I think my character is ill-equipped for the task. In addition to not being a Sahagin.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: Moral Relativism and All That

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: Moral Relativism and All That

Emet really is that one dril tweet. I've been saying it all along.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kitfox88 posted:

I just got to the second town in Il Mheg and I cannot believe that the No Mou are bottoms.

Before this expac came out, I would've called you a liar if you told me there was a scene in Shadowbringers where Urianger saves the world by taking advantage of someone's petplay kink.

Kitfox88 posted:

Are you loving kidding me? He shows up out of the blue after the awesome end scene for Il Mheg and it's so he can reveal his actual name's loving Emet? That's the name my loving neighbor 5 doors down has.

On the other hand his entire persona is still the perfect sort of smug dickhead I can't help but enjoy hating in these sorts of games.

Seriously though I loving loved Il Mheg, the fey folk kick rear end when done right and the wide angle group shot with that line was loving amazing. Spoilers in that link obviously.

Okay, but they're still scary.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So if I’ve wanted to try out astrologian nows the time??

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Following his logic in that scene, aren't you "half alive" since theres been 7 calamities? Or maybe it works like crafting where half the bar is 20% alive and you'll always fail that roll

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just a heads up: I've done literally every side quest, plenty of FATEs and hunts along the way, and a few roulettes and extra dungeon stuff, and I'm still about 1/6th of the bar short of 80.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I am finally popping my fantasia. I like my character, but it's been like five years and I want something new. I made two new characters & I'd like to hear opinions on them. Am I making any mistakes that I'll regret three hours in? Which one do you like better?
https://imgur.com/a/a7uBfWs

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Following his logic in that scene, aren't you "half alive" since theres been 7 calamities? Or maybe it works like crafting where half the bar is 20% alive and you'll always fail that roll

8 now that you're with Arbert

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Annath posted:

Oh good, that's nice of them.

They do that precisely because of people getting shipped boxes.

Personally, I wish those big collectors editions weren't so focused on statues. I'd have loved everything in that except the statue.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Wacky Delly posted:

They do that precisely because of people getting shipped boxes.

Personally, I wish those big collectors editions weren't so focused on statues. I'd have loved everything in that except the statue.

They barely even qualify as a statue, as they're just vinyl figures, and the finished paint job is nowhere even close to the quality of the paint masters they use in the ads.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

doomisland posted:

8 now that you're with Arbert

Remember that the Ascians only needed 8 rejoinings to release Zodiark? Maybe Arbert has unlocked something in us now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
What does dancer look like at 80 (or 76) with Flouring and Blade Dance and everything else during Devilment windows? It looks like it would be an absolute clusterfuck.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The Shadowbringers story is exactly why I could never race change or story skip or any of that. It just feels so wonderfully personal when it's the same character I've had since the beginning of ARR, in a way it could never be otherwise. It's really been immersive in the sense that it's drawing me in and making me feel like the things my character did matter to the world.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I've been skipping all the side quests(except the ones that give gear and aether current points) to do them on whatever job I level next, is that a bad idea?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Misread!

isk fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 2, 2019

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Chakan posted:

I am finally popping my fantasia. I like my character, but it's been like five years and I want something new. I made two new characters & I'd like to hear opinions on them. Am I making any mistakes that I'll regret three hours in? Which one do you like better?
https://imgur.com/a/a7uBfWs

I like the Roegadame. Catgirls are a dime a dozen.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

God drat, I'm not even 71 yet and the MSQ has been really engaging.

Also, new MCH is really loving good. Reassembled Drills are amazing. Reassemble works with AoE now so you get a big burst of crit direct hits on a large group. And I love love love being able to overheat whenever and not stress out about wasting DPS.

Rhonne posted:

I've been skipping all the side quests(except the ones that give gear and aether current points) to do them on whatever job I level next, is that a bad idea?

I think that's fine! I've been doing the same thing. I'm saving them for alt jobs and for whenever I get level-gated by MSQ.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Rhonne posted:

They give so little xp for time invested (worse than FATE grinding) it honestly won't even be worth it on other jobs unless you want to see the lore

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

DeathSandwich posted:

I like the Roegadame. Catgirls are a dime a dozen.

Same. I'm a bit sad to move from my Roegadame to Catman but I couldn't resist. As one of my friends says, I have A Type.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They barely even qualify as a statue, as they're just vinyl figures, and the finished paint job is nowhere even close to the quality of the paint masters they use in the ads.

I'm a sucker for art books, personally. I wish more games let you buy them separately like Dark Souls did with their Design Works books.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Rhonne posted:

Nah, that's what I've done, just run some more roulettes. I just hit level 79 last night, having just started level 78 MSQ; there were two instances so far where I've turned in MSQ and couldn't pick up the next one, but both times I was just one leveling roulette away from continuing.

Friday and Saturday I ran all of my roulettes, Sunday and Monday I didn't get to do MSQ, Frontlines, or 50/60/70. I have done a few fates, but only enough to get riding maps in two zones, and a couple fates short for them in the others, so... Around 24 total fates, all told?

e: Sidequests aren't really valuable in terms of exp for leveling other jobs later, but I like to have them as something to do later on while waiting on queues.

Telum fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 2, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm up to the level 75 part of the MSQ but i'm only level 74. having done nothing but MSQ, aether current quests, and any FATEs along the way (no roulettes or sidequests), i've been level locked a couple times now.

kind of annoying but it's nothing another run of the previous dungeon doesn't seem to fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I thought sidequests were there so you have something to do while in a DPS queue and on a map without FATEs you want to do