Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Leon Einstein posted:

It is now apparently weird to hit on people in real life instead of online. I remember there used to be a stigma about online dating.

it is actually weird to flirt with people in a working environment, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Bramble posted:

I (30f) can't seem to make people interested in me romantically and get dropped because I won't put out

I'm 30, won't have sex, and am described by peers as abrasive and rude. Why won't anyone date me??

Can't she just date another asexual person?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

/r/relationships: I'm (unfortunately) fairly attractive

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't think many women would want to date a man that has a hard line at making out with no possibility of it going further. The way this woman keeps talking about being "penetrated" makes me think she has some issues to work out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

[update] My [20M] unwavering attachment to my boyfriend [23M] and ALL of his many problems have forced us into an alternate reality created for him to feel better and I hate my life now.

quote:

My original post

I created a catfish kik to hit my boyfriend up a month ago, pretended to be a handsome white guy he'd like who lived in his resident country of Australia, and sent him a message. I told him I found his kik from an old internet post he made advertising his kik, he was friendly and said "Hey, asl?" (age, sex, location). We got along nicely, I threw in some Aussie slang, and before you know it he emphasizes that he's single. We've been together for 16 months. He says "I fancy the guy in the picture" and also says he'd love to see the pubes of this guy cause he loves a hairy bush, and when I asked if he wanted to see "my" dick, he topped it off with "Well for a virgin guy like me any dick would be amazing but yes I'd love to". Not to mention he gave a three-star demotion to his age as he did with me when we started talking.

That hollowed me out, I did cry a bit. I decided I'd confront him on July 25, on the anniversary of Air France Flight 4590, the flight that tanked the Concorde. Several days before I wanted to tie up the loose end of whether or not he's a virgin. He's a 23 year old man who was in love with his abusive ex, who by the way is an asian chasing horny chimpanzee from Wales, he can't resist asians like my boyfriend, like his as well. So they shared a hotel room in 2015, which he lied to me about and we resolved (and when we resolved it I asked about his virginity and he dodged so badly it seemed like a joke, one he never clarified was one), and even though they 'weren't together', come on, he's totally not a virgin. I am because no one in my area wants me and I'm not desperate yet, and for 16 months he insisted he was a virgin as well. That was so special for us, that we would meet and mutually lose our virginities to each other, our relationship developed on that hallowed ground. His ex literally hit him many times, he tied him up and tickle tortured him, and callously hosed a boytoy from every country he visited on his little tour of Asia while they dated. He cheated on my boyfriend (before we met) so many times. And it turns out my boyfriend became another one in the collection of a defiler of the innocent. They did almost everything sexually imaginable, and they bareback hosed each other and came inside each other. The loving STDs that he could have gotten. Somehow learning this and hearing every detail of their hotel room escapades hurt so much more than the cheating, it felt so sharply cutting in its pain. I have never cried as much as I did. And the fact that he did it with a guy who treated him so much worse than I ever could just made me feel awful.

Now whenever I see his nudes I see them loving. When I see his dick I see it crusted in his ex's dry saliva. I can almost smell it from being in his rear end. When I see my boyfriend's butt I see it worn from being used by his ex. And the 16 months of lying loving kills me. I know I sound like a total incel virginity puritan, but I could have grown around it and gotten through it so much easier if he let me know sooner, so much earlier. We sexted as regular a few days after and I couldn't get an erection at all. Looking at his photos made me so incredibly sad. I was able to cum but I was flaccid and audibly crying in the video.

I changed every password last night.

So today, I drove out to the place I used to call him at after school, and I confronted him about the kik thing. He said he knew it was me and insinuates he knew the whole time because he googled the kik name that contained the word Mandragola, traced it to Machiavelli, saw he was a philosopher, and since my major is philosophy he concluded it was me. I didn't buy that he knew it was me the whole time but he insisted. I cried for so long and eventually sobbed out a farewell. I told him he deserves someone who truly treats him with respect, who can be more accomodating with his demanding neediness with the time, and that I don't deserve him. He panicked and sobbed as well and was having an anxiety attack. I knew I'd get back with him if I continued contact so I blocked him on everything except mobile texting because idk how. He's sent me 40 texts since this afternoon begging me to come back.

YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING AND MY LIFE :( PLEASE I BEG I BEG I BEG. I AM YOU PANDA BABY :( PLEASE DONT GIVE ME TO ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE I CAN EVER LOVE. I WILL FOREVER BE ALONE WITHOUT YOU I SWEAR. I WILL NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE THEYRE NOT YOU :(

I WISH YOU WOULD COME BACK EVEN JUST TO TALK :( I JUST NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU :( MY BEAUTIFUL BABY :( I KNOW YOU HAVE BLOCKED ME ON MESSENGER KIK AND YOUR EMAIL BABY I HOPE HERE YOU WOULD ATLEASR GIVE ME THE LOVE THAT YOU USED TO GIVE ME :(

I'm not coming back. But I do worry I've made a mistake. He was the most beautiful, glowing, magnetically attractive person in looks and in his cute personality I have ever known. We agreed on so many unpopular opinions, and despite his terrible, almost purely emotion-based way of reasoning, he was an extremely caring person, didn't just accept my physical flaws but loved every one, and made me feel loved. No more good morning texts, no more good night I love you's, and no more of what I have centered my life around for 16 months. I don't know if any of you watch many real estate shows but I feel like the universe showed me, through him, exactly what it costs to have my perfect boyfriend. I know I will never in my life find someone like him again. For all of his massive flaws he was so many things I found beautiful and I rediscovered my love for him in new ways almost weekly. I will never find someone like him again. And I hope I'm not alone in my adulthood, wishing I wasn't so picky.

tl:dr my boyfriend who demands all my time lied about his virginity the entire time and in essence cheated. I broke up with him today, I'm crying as I type this, and can only hope I haven't lost my best chance at love.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

VanSandman posted:

Can't she just date another asexual person?

You can either be A) Sexual, or B) Asexual.

(It's funnier said out loud.)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think many women would want to date a man that has a hard line at making out with no possibility of it going further. The way this woman keeps talking about being "penetrated" makes me think she has some issues to work out.

it's fair to not like penetrative sex but that's going to rule out like 95% of male partners

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

luxury handset posted:

it's fair to not like penetrative sex but that's going to rule out like 95% of male partners
Throw the aversion to oral and an abrasive attitude in and you've got slim pickings.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

feedmegin posted:

Uh is it? Because that means 'and' in Greek.

It's not, and that dude has never heard Greek names if he thinks it sounds like one.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Leon Einstein posted:

Throw the aversion to oral and an abrasive attitude in and you've got slim pickings.

For real though?

Like, if she's attractive (and even if she isn't), there is practically an endless line of dudes willing to pay her to stomp on their balls (no sex included, just the stomping). I think the main problem here is she just posted this in the wrong space.

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

chitoryu12 posted:

My (21F) older sister (26f) destroys my hobbies by upstaging me. (Very long)

Younger sis needs to work up some fake hobbies, maybe put on a hobby sting. Time to start talking about the elaborate and expensive fur suit she's buying for her new fursona, and not tell anybody but the older sis.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

chitoryu12 posted:

[update] My [20M] unwavering attachment to my boyfriend [23M] and ALL of his many problems have forced us into an alternate reality created for him to feel better and I hate my life now.

A lot going on here

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

DandyLion posted:

For real though?

Like, if she's attractive (and even if she isn't), there is practically an endless line of dudes willing to pay her to stomp on their balls (no sex included, just the stomping). I think the main problem here is she just posted this in the wrong space.
I think you're overestimating the number of guys that would be cool with a strictly ball stomping sexual relationship. Your desires aren't the norm.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Leon Einstein posted:

I think you're overestimating the number of guys that would be cool with a strictly ball stomping sexual relationship. Your desires aren't the norm.

I'm more of an old fashioned kick in the balls kind of guy, but I get your meaning.

I still think there is a deceptively large population of matches for this woman.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Collapsing Farts posted:

it is actually weird to flirt with people in a working environment, to me

My friend they both volunteer a few hours of their week to walk some poor shelter dogs or some poo poo, they have a common value and interest in how to spend their free time, he's not threatening to blackball her from a promising dog walking career

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
depending on where you volunteer you spend a fair amount of your time chatting with other volunteers. it's such a good way to meet people that if you move to a new city and need to build a social network from scratch, volunteering should be one of your first activities

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

chitoryu12 posted:

r/relationships: "I was able to cum but I was flaccid and audibly crying"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DandyLion posted:

I'm more of an old fashioned kick in the balls kind of guy, but I get your meaning.

I still think there is a deceptively large population of matches for this woman.

Listen man, insisting on weirdly inserting your personal fetish into a situation in which it has no relevance is supposed to be part of the stories itt, not the commentary.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Girl (f28) whom I (m25) met through my step family wants me to remove my real mother from my life. What should I do?

quote:

So I live in an independent house where my mother comes to visit me each month. My parents had a divorce but I still communicate with both parents.

I was recently introduced to a girl who is friends with my steps from father's side. Now I am not sure exactly what these people have told this girl but she wants me to remove my mother from my life if I want a relationship with her. Now my view is that whatever happened between my father and mother is between them. Why should I have to stop seeing my mother?

She says having my mother around will be bad for our relationship as she won't be able to talk about my father or bring the steps to our house. And she also thinks my mother might taunt her for being friends with my steps.

Tl;dr Girl thinks my mother will be toxic to our relationship and wants me to remove her but I love my mom to death. I need some advice on how to handle this.

:psyduck:

E:

quote:

Yes I believe my steps are trying to make a move on my house by setting me up with her since my house is bigger

:psyduck: :psyduck:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nobodies home and the light sockets dont even have bulbs

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

quote:

(bunch of hosed up stories)

Goddamn... every time I feel bad about any aspect of my life, I open this thread and suddenly I'm a model human being making perfect decisions. Thanks, bottom of the internet barrel!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

This guy kicks rear end and I hope he finds a good landing spot after he's inevitably fired for standing up for himself

I don't regret any job I've lost after telling a boss to gently caress off. Might not exactly be sustainable, but when you're young, on minimum wage, getting shat on for some bullshit reason (worst when it's not even your fault), you really should develop the very important notion of "gently caress this, I deserve better". You'll be that much wiser about choosing your next job.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

luxury handset posted:

depending on where you volunteer you spend a fair amount of your time chatting with other volunteers. it's such a good way to meet people that if you move to a new city and need to build a social network from scratch, volunteering should be one of your first activities

I volunteered at a women's shelter for a while and my shift overlapped organically with an extremely attractive, single, female volunteer who I recall complained conspicuously about her lack of Valentine's plans in the break room when I was present. I didn't even consider her an option based entirely on the optics of imagining how I would feel telling people that "we met at a domestic violence shelter!"

The animal shelter guy seems fine based on the info presented. When major millennial cultural touchstones are shows like The Office, Parks & Rec, and BK99, I think it's a minority opinion, even among women, that romance in the workplace is absolutely forbidden. It's unwanted or persistent or power-imbalanced advances that are the problem, not advances in general. Obviously that so many men can't figure out how to take a polite 'no' without creating a full-blown crisis out of it is always going to be problematic, but the internet kind of self-selects for those types to post their stupid rejection stories and ask for sympathy.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Husband (M29) wanting to explore his feelings for men, but not actually saying until I (F27) see a receipt for PrEP

drat this lady is gullible. You need a prescription for Truvada and you're required to take a blood test. You don't just accidentally order it off the CVS website. They straight up say this in the commercials for it, it's not a secret.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

carry on then posted:

Give it away now. "Sorry kids, you'll just have to live in your concentration camps a little longer, I might not actually want to donate this to you"

Tetramin posted:

This, put your fuckin money where your mouth is, rear end in a top hat.

Uhhh I already do? Lol. Thirty percent of my income every single month goes to charity. And what's left over I save for future need or donation.

I'm curious what makes you feel so threatened about a person choosing to live below their means. Maybe you guys should give some thought to why my statement made you feel so aggressive.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
30.1% of my income goes to charity :smug:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Bramble posted:

The animal shelter guy seems fine based on the info presented. When major millennial cultural touchstones are shows like The Office, Parks & Rec, and BK99, I think it's a minority opinion, even among women, that romance in the workplace is absolutely forbidden. It's unwanted or persistent or power-imbalanced advances that are the problem, not advances in general. Obviously that so many men can't figure out how to take a polite 'no' without creating a full-blown crisis out of it is always going to be problematic, but the internet kind of self-selects for those types to post their stupid rejection stories and ask for sympathy.
yeah for real. volunteering is a good way to meet people without beholden to some billion $ techno corp dystopia bullshit. it's people in direct positions over power over people, unwanted and persistency when it's clear theres no interest. it's fine to ask a fellow volunteer or co-worker in another department or something go 'hey you got any plans this weekend?' 'oh yeah same here, do you want to grab some coffee on saturday? oh, aight np have a nice weekend' and leave it at that.

its the gross stalking pining incel types that are the problem, and they're a minority

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

Why not leave the computers on but locked? Computers do updates at night usually and turning them off is not smart.

Yeah most people leave computers on all the time these days. There's a continuous power draw even when turned off so you don't realize any kind of savings by turning them off.

On a more relevant note. Amazon has this thing at their warehouses where you clock out before waiting in line for 30 minutes for a security inspection. This is to make sure you're not stealing. You aren't allowed to leave and you aren't compensated for this time. Employees sued but the courts ruled in Amazon's favor.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
computers get tired and need to sleep - they're people just like you and me

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

RVWinkle posted:

Yeah most people leave computers on all the time these days. There's a continuous power draw even when turned off so you don't realize any kind of savings by turning them off.

On a more relevant note. Amazon has this thing at their warehouses where you clock out before waiting in line for 30 minutes for a security inspection. This is to make sure you're not stealing. You aren't allowed to leave and you aren't compensated for this time. Employees sued but the courts ruled in Amazon's favor.

You absolutely save power turning them off

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

RVWinkle posted:

You aren't allowed to leave and you aren't compensated for this time. Employees sued but the courts ruled in Amazon's favor.
Bezos is barely scraping by, why put any undue financial burden on such a great job creator?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

luxury handset posted:

30.1% of my income goes to charity :smug:

I am undone and now must question everything I thought I knew about myself

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Pinecone Sample posted:

Why have we universally decided that I have to surrender my privacy to some opaque billion dollar tech firm because socializing irl is creepy?

If you don’t meet through a dating app then you’re Not Really Dating and also you’re probably a stalker rapist or something, relationships are only official when you are granted permission to have one by Facebook or something

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My partner and I met IRL at work, chatted very briefly, then didn't interact until a year later when we matched on tinder

I think I check all the boxes :yayclod:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

HIJK posted:

If you don’t meet through a dating app then you’re Not Really Dating and also you’re probably a stalker rapist or something, relationships are only official when you are granted permission to have one by Facebook or something

You can never be too careful out there, I asked a woman in a bar if she comes here often and she told me that by engaging her in conversation I am consenting to binding arbitration in the US District Court for the Northern California

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Captain Yossarian posted:

You absolutely save power turning them off
I think the poster is equating Sleep/Hibernate with them being off. But it sounds like they're old enough machines that Hibernate or Sleep would just mean time waiting for the system to be responsive.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

You can never be too careful out there, I asked a woman in a bar if she comes here often and she told me that by engaging her in conversation I am consenting to binding arbitration in the US District Court for the Northern California

:catstare:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Right, whatever, binding arbitration in the jurisdiction of, I'm just proving that you're the only one who reads a EULA

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

Sounds like you created joinder. Not to be confused with Joindr, the dating app for sovereign citizens.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FilthyImp posted:

I think the poster is equating Sleep/Hibernate with them being off. But it sounds like they're old enough machines that Hibernate or Sleep would just mean time waiting for the system to be responsive.

Technically a computer that's powered down still draws a current, because it needs to listens for the power button to be pressed. But it listens in such a low powered state it barely even counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

RVWinkle posted:

quick note on this just since a few people suggested it, we do do this, the problem is that the computers are very slow and updates frequently restart them or cause issues with this plan and if you're over 1 minute late signing into the phone system thats counted as a lateness instance and it mounts up and affects stats that you're judged on and can affect pay and if issues like this happen over a long period of time can lead to disciplinary action.

also since its come up im not a minimum wage employee im on around £19k per anum which this workplace calls a living wage but i would have a few things to say about that given that 50% of my monthly earnings after tax goes on rent