Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Does the scepter even work inside a simulation?

Wasn't one of the first hints that something was awry that the scepter no longer worked, i.e. they were in the simulation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hempuli posted:

Wasn't one of the first hints that something was awry that the scepter no longer worked, i.e. they were in the simulation?

He could just be on the lowest layer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Roobanguy posted:

Spider president died after the embassy heist right? At work right now so I can’t check.

Yeah, Zoozo Zlen dies in the simulation. Here's when Lyndon touches the Scepter:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/354

I hope Zoozo Zlen makes it out, he seems like he'll be a great president when he finishes reading all the books.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
New comic

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/391

simulations do not work in simulations - also it looks like the simulated ambassador isn't afraid to die, he just wants to make sure Lyndon doesn't get any useful information

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Well, that was :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Audrey's happy at least.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Audrey's happy at least.

Because she's about to kill someone. That always makes her smile.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Man the thread really nailed it on this one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Audrey breaking into that huge smile right after her statement was kinda hilarious and creepy because I'd associated it with something else, not her realization that Klara was alive.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Audrey breaking into that huge smile right after her statement was kinda hilarious and creepy because I'd associated it with something else, not her realization that Klara was alive.

She is without a doubt about to kill Lyndon

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Calaveron posted:

She is without a doubt about to kill Lyndon

Either that or keep him alive because when he dies, they all die

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

super sweet best pal posted:

Either that or keep him alive because when he dies, they all die

Nah, she already accepted that this is not the real world and so she wont actually care if she "dies". She's just pragmatic like that.

(Why are you spoiler tagging speculations?)

One funny turnout would be that it's not actually Lyndon's simulation. Some random guard accidentally touched the scepter a few minutes earlier. From his perspective nothing whatsoever happened , so he paid it no mind and forgot about it a while later. In other words, Audrey shouts a string of information about the past year, strangles him and just stands there without a a clue what to do afterwards, because she assumes she would die now.
Bonus points if the simulated worlds actually continue after the host's death and Random Guard 35 already died a few weeks ago in the war.
Or even better, after seeing himself die hundreds of times, the ambassador got a bit confused and touched that thing one more time than he thought. So they were in his indefinite simulation for a while now.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 24, 2019

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Naah, Lyndon's head's about to go flying.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Naah, Lyndon's head's about to go flying.

Audrey will do that with her bare hands? :stare:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Gonna hit em with that Mortal Kombat uppercut

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
It's going to be very weird if we get back to the real world in the next strip or two and all they get from it is Audrey gleefully murdering a buff older Lyndon while he shouts 'I haven't finished the diary!!'

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
A realization - remember when Lyndon first used the scepter? In the vision, he said 'I suppose we should head home then' but looked disappointed. Also note Trixie and Audrey's expressions. The vision had started just after the point where sim-Lyndon said the scepter didn't work. Thorsby is a loving chessmaster.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 25, 2019

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Predictions!

1) The next simulation run(s) will focus on Lyndon finding a way to efficiently convey information to his real self via magic or an artifact.

2) Future simulation runs will get a lot easier when it turns out pacifism magic has a loophole where simulated beings are not real and cannot, therefore, be harmed.

(I'm not sure on the spoiler tags but I saw other people doing it for speculation so I guess it's if someone doesn't want to see potential answers and try solving the puzzle 100% on their own).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paladin posted:

2) Future simulation runs will get a lot easier when it turns out pacifism magic has a loophole where simulated beings are not real and cannot, therefore, be harmed.

This one wouldn't work because the pacifism magic is also simulated, and so the simulation is simulating what would happen if real pacifism magic was used on a real person.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Simulated people are as real as non-simulated people and anyone who suggests otherwise is just itching for an excuse to commit atrocities.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Simulated people are as real as non-simulated people and anyone who suggests otherwise is just itching for an excuse to commit atrocities.

To be fair I wasn't expecting Lyndon to have the idea.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/392

New Comic! All I have to say is

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I am disappointed he learned to make his hand stop glowing.

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!
Oh man, you just know Audrey is already making plans to off Lyndon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

sirtommygunn posted:

I am disappointed he learned to make his hand stop glowing.
yeah I was really hoping for glowing hand for the entirety of this universe

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, if it comes down to Lyndon and Klara, Lyndon is toast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yes, there's no way that she would wait years to kill him. That risks that his last moment is something completely unrelated or random, like slipping in the shower.

Lyndon will read the last diary, Audrey will suddenly recap everything and cut his head off (No need to prolong it with bleeding out). Best case scenario: Lyndon chickens out, so she keeps chasing and trying to kill him while repeating the information.

Pistol_Pete posted:

There's also the fact that Audrey instantly accepted that this is not reality and that everything is fake. So she doesn't even really kill Lyndon, or herself for that matter.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Pistol_Pete posted:

cant cook creole bream posted:

There's also the fact that Audrey instantly accepted that this is not reality, so she doesn't even really kill Lyndon, or herself for that matter.

And above all else: Audrey is a woman who solves problems with murder.

She has just discovered a way to solve all the problems by murdering everyone. This is the moment she was born for.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/393

Well done everyone!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yay called it first!

That being said, it would have been a bit more obvious, if a handful of stars had continued shining. I guess their solar system is slightly farer away from other suns then ours.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 1, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the banana peels left over from their meals :allears:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lyndon: "So now that's all worked out, I guess we'll go into hiding until I'm old?"

Audrey: "Sure thing! Say, that was all a little complicated though, think you could summarise it for me briefly?"

Lyndon: "Of course!" *does so*

*Audrey immediately leaps forwards and beheads him*

Audrey: "Hope you got all that Lyndon!........"

*Fades to black*

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't appreciate the implication that we're all Lyndons for figuring this out

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

RandomFerret posted:

I don't appreciate the implication that we're all Lyndons for figuring this out

Yeah, that entire page had a vibe of Thorsby clapping sarcastically and saying, "Vil du ha en jævla medalje eller noe?" I love it.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Makes sense. You solved it. :geno:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hm, would they have Trixie?

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/394

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Godammit, I really wish that I could read ahead at this point. The 2 updates per week is painfully slow.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

THey're probably thinking, "If Lyndon comes back, he probably doesn't know this is a simulation, and we can continue to keep him alive. If he doesn't come back, he's probably figured everything out, and we'll need to stop his suicide attempts by any means necessary."

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/395

Glookvyn Snung seems like a piece of poo poo. An honorable piece of poo poo, but still kind of a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If that witch that snowglobed people was still alive, that'd also be extremely useful for them.