Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Knyteguy you made a big mistake coming back, unless you have a piss/poo poo fetish. Good luck with this crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

April posted:

Can we please flush this turd already?

BFC is no longer moderated, April. Deal with it.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

zaurg posted:

Knyteguy you made a big mistake coming back, unless you have a piss/poo poo fetish. Good luck with this crew.

Get out of other people's threads and go have your meltdown in your own.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

zaurg posted:

BFC is no longer moderated, April. Deal with it.

Some would go so far as to say it's over-moderated if you've seen what's been going on today. And you have a gift waiting, but still waiting on the delivery.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Luv 2 see zagr meltdowns itt

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Simpsons Reference posted:

Some would go so far as to say it's over-moderated if you've seen what's been going on today. And you have a gift waiting, but still waiting on the delivery.

I thought for a minute you were just referencing Zaurg doing his dumb manic phase, but I glanced through and found what you were talking about and :stare:

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Simpsons Reference posted:

You’re cute for trying

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

zaurg posted:

Sorry to hear about your loss, Knyteguy.

Thank you.

So based on the feedback in here we looked at some options. We have the opportunity to move into an apartment (we were approved pre-thread and double checked that our approval is still good until [finding out when but they said it's close]) and fix the illegal living situation at the end of the month. We have not made a decision yet, as I wanted to consult BFC.

Details:
$1,560/mo plus $899 deposit. 2BR/2BA. The pets are allowed. We called roughly 30 apartment complexes (pre-thread) and this was the only one that would work with us in our situation without requiring a huge up front deposit with no upsides over this complex. Rent is average for the area for a 2BR in a safe neighborhood.

Cliffs notes pro/cons list:

Mom's backyard:
- Get out of debt more quickly/get into a house we own more quickly.
- More discretionary money every month for fun activities.
- Illegal/against city code.
- Free rent.
- Close to family (both a pro and con).
- Shared bathroom/dishes/laundry.
- Cheap utilities.
- Little privacy.

Apartment:
- It sets us back roughly a year.
- More room for our hobbies (video games, my wife is a painter).
- Son gets a whole bedroom/we all get way more space.
- We don't have to share a bathroom, laundry, and kitchen space with a bunch of people.
- No more storage unit (could use RV for storage). (-$95)
- Much better internet for work (free).
- Free gym/pool.
- 5 minutes from wife's work.
- Centrally located.
- Don't have to go inside to do dishes/use the bathroom.
- Have to buy furniture (thrift store).
- Need a well-funded emergency fund more urgently.
- Lots of privacy.

My wife and I are leaning yes, but we're now skeptical of our decision making. We're finding out today when we need to make a decision by before the approval expires. It's likely the end of this week.

Emergency fund plan for Apartment:
- Get a month's worth of expenses ASAP. This should take 2 months according to the budget if we forego extra debt payoff.

Emergency fund plan for RV:
- Save $2,000/mo for 2 months to have $4,000. 'Extra' towards debt.

Assuming: Wife is pulling in $2,000/mo post deductions (health/dental (vision free)/401k match).

Total towards debt apartment (roughly):
$3,000

Total towards debt mom's backyard:
$4,800

Aside: I've also started applying for jobs again as I agree I need to focus on my career. I'm starting locally and will go from there.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 2, 2019

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

next step would be to pay down that RV so you can sell it asap, remove that albatross from around your neck. Sure it's freewheeling camping lifestyle is great but you cannot afford it.

Apartment sounds good, I can't imagine living at mom's in an RV for anything less than an emergency situation and for as little time as humanly possible.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You need to stop thinking about buying a house and you need to start focusing on getting out from under the absolutely stupid amount of consumer debt you took on because you tried to run from your problems.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Are you under the impression that your RV was cheaper than an apartment would have been over the last few years? Here I made a list of expenses for each side you could use to evaluate that theory.

APARTMENT
Rent * number of months

RV
Value paid for RV - sell value now
Finance costs for RV
Registration/insurance costs for RV
Additional cost to buy truck to tow RV vs honda civic/minivan. Gas, registration, insurance, maintenance, finance, sticker
Opportunity cost of not being able to find a better job
Vehicle gas cost to tow RV
Campground fees
Non-monetary quality of life impact (4 people 4 dogs in one small camper)
Additional food costs for not being able to buy in bulk and store food and cook in large kitchen
Additional energy costs of having RV utilities vs electric/gas in a home

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

Total towards debt apartment (roughly):
$3,000

Total towards debt mom's backyard:
$4,800

To me, instead of saying "we're going to be paying X towards debt in some hypothetical future scenario" I would like to see more concrete planning. Like, how much is it going to cost total to get into the apartment including stuff like furniture, utility deposits (some cities require these if you haven't had utilities in a while), supplies, etc and so on. And then a concrete plan of where that money is going to come from without just slamming it all on credit cards.

Then obviously we'd like to see a realistic budget, and actually executing the budget.

Otherwise it's just the last thread all over again: "guys we're totally going to pay $x towards debt every month!" when in reality much more went into random fun things and a lot less went into paying down the debt.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Otherwise it's just the last thread all over again: "guys we're totally going to pay $x towards debt every month!" when in reality much more went into random fun things

videogames, painting

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You need to stop thinking about buying a house and you need to start focusing on getting out from under the absolutely stupid amount of consumer debt you took on because you tried to run from your problems.

You need to have a better understanding of the risks you have embraced thoughtlessly so that you can correctly price your options.

Risks you have right now:
- Income can no longer support payments on your RV, you lose your RV which is where you are living right now, and your credit score will take a substantial hit further delaying your house goal. You'll have to pay a bunch of money to rent some place anyway on a shorter timescale with fewer options. You get nothing for what you've already paid into the loan when the RV is repo'd.
- Income can no longer support payments on your truck. You lose your truck, will have to incur a multiple thousand dollar expense to replace it. You get nothing for what you've already paid into the loan when the truck is repo'd.
- You get caught living illegally and have to move. You're back to RVing and its attendant expenses, or rent on not your own terms. You probably are paying a big fine. You probably cannot afford it.

Because you don't think about risk healthily (see: all your loving consumer debt), you are choosing to do these high risk things because there's more immediate gratification in them and you are telling yourself these risks won't materialize.

Move into the loving apartment already.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

videogames, painting

And the really huge problem with their situation now is that so much more per month is spent just servicing the debt. So any payments make much less of a dent against the total than last time.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Couldn't he just get an apartment and then declare bankruptcy and get rid of the truck and RV that way? I know it's a credit hit but LOL who cares he shouldn't be taking on debt/getting credit for anything for a long time.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

tater_salad posted:

next step would be to pay down that RV so you can sell it asap, remove that albatross from around your neck. Sure it's freewheeling camping lifestyle is great but you cannot afford it.

I agree.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I agree.

Droo posted:

Are you under the impression that your RV was cheaper than an apartment would have been over the last few years? Here I made a list of expenses for each side you could use to evaluate that theory.

APARTMENT
Rent * number of months

RV
Value paid for RV - sell value now
Finance costs for RV
Registration/insurance costs for RV
Additional cost to buy truck to tow RV vs honda civic/minivan. Gas, registration, insurance, maintenance, finance, sticker
Opportunity cost of not being able to find a better job
Vehicle gas cost to tow RV
Campground fees
Non-monetary quality of life impact (4 people 4 dogs in one small camper)
Additional food costs for not being able to buy in bulk and store food and cook in large kitchen
Additional energy costs of having RV utilities vs electric/gas in a home

My wife and I have been discussing similar points the past couple of weeks.

To me, instead of saying "we're going to be paying X towards debt in some hypothetical future scenario" I would like to see more concrete planning. Like, how much is it going to cost total to get into the apartment including stuff like furniture, utility deposits (some cities require these if you haven't had utilities in a while), supplies, etc and so on. And then a concrete plan of where that money is going to come from without just slamming it all on credit cards.

Then obviously we'd like to see a realistic budget, and actually executing the budget.

Otherwise it's just the last thread all over again: "guys we're totally going to pay $x towards debt every month!" when in reality much more went into random fun things and a lot less went into paying down the debt.

I'll run more useful numbers when I get my work done for the day.

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

You need to have a better understanding of the risks you have embraced thoughtlessly so that you can correctly price your options.

Risks you have right now:
- Income can no longer support payments on your RV, you lose your RV which is where you are living right now, and your credit score will take a substantial hit further delaying your house goal. You'll have to pay a bunch of money to rent some place anyway on a shorter timescale with fewer options. You get nothing for what you've already paid into the loan when the RV is repo'd.
- Income can no longer support payments on your truck. You lose your truck, will have to incur a multiple thousand dollar expense to replace it. You get nothing for what you've already paid into the loan when the truck is repo'd.
- You get caught living illegally and have to move. You're back to RVing and its attendant expenses, or rent on not your own terms. You probably are paying a big fine. You probably cannot afford it.

Because you don't think about risk healthily (see: all your loving consumer debt), you are choosing to do these high risk things because there's more immediate gratification in them and you are telling yourself these risks won't materialize.

Move into the loving apartment already.

I want to start approaching decisions like this. What are the pros and cons of making X decision compared to not making X decision, how does it affect our goals and everything else, what is the worst case scenario if we do, or do not do such a thing, sanity check trusted sources until we can trust ourselves. We spent about 4 hours writing that stuff out/discussing that last night which is why we were leaning yes to the apartment, so I'm glad that maybe that's a good approach. It seems to help make a big choice less complex.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I’m glad this is back

Get your child into a proper home dude. You do not want him thinking your bullshit is in any way normal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

its also very on brand for KG to make a pro con list and just mix in the pros and the cons willy nilly

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its also very on brand for KG to make a pro con list and just mix in the pros and the cons willy nilly

That was just to share the main points. In the future I'll post how we wrote it up on paper instead which was separated into 2 groups of 2 columns as expected. I'm happy to share the whole version if for some reason someone wants to see it.

It sounds like the apartment is an ok/good choice to make. They needed an answer today so we are moving in on the 1st of August. Rent $1,490/mo instead of $1,560. We couldn't get the unit we really wanted, but they wanted us to move in on the 12th at the very latest for that and that would have been incredibly tight and we probably would have had to carry a credit card balance to manage it.

Update since the credit cards have been paid off:
I cancelled two cell plans, so $185/mo, our connected car plan $10/mo, and we're downgrading the speed or cancelling the internet plan at my mom's. Internet is in exchange for the free day care from my sister, but I don't think she uses it much so we'll see if she doesn't mind us cancelling it. $20 less or $65 less depending on what happens with that. Storage unit gone $95/mo. I've also cancelled some recurring monthly/yearly stuff that was unnecessary to the tune of maybe $20-$30/mo.

So we cut about ~$320/mo in recurring garbage (to be safe I'm saying: we did add rent so it's not a net positive here). There's more unnecessary recurring stuff to trim including an additional hot spot so I'll keep working on that.

I'll have to draw up a new budget for this month to incl. furniture and move in expenses, and then an actual recurring budget for debt pay down with the new rent and expenses that will come with renting.

My goal on this budget is to be realistic, and to plan for every single expense that we can plan for. I'm going to really take a look at everything including our spending data to try to minimize or remove surprises.

Let me know if I'm off base.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 2, 2019

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

So we cut about ~$320/mo in recurring garbage

Another helpful thing that can cut down on "just this once" expenses is to unsubscribe from promotional emails ("10% off this month only!" next month, there's another sale), delete any saved craigslist searches for cars, delete or lock yourself out of any forums for hobbies (RV stuff, car stuff, vidja games). Self control becomes a lot easier when you're not getting blasted with advertising all the time.

Good changes other than that, we just kinda need to see the complete picture for the future. Including a realistic picture of vices.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
It cost 1500 a month for an apartment in Reno????

The gently caress is going on in Reno?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Knyteguy posted:

Let me know if I'm off base.

budgeting is good and all, but you should really be putting all of your energy into getting a better paying job. you're leaving like six figures on the table. even an extra $30k a year puts you in insignificant debt territory

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

the talent deficit posted:

budgeting is good and all, but you should really be putting all of your energy into getting a better paying job. you're leaving like six figures on the table. even an extra $30k a year puts you in insignificant debt territory

They have made that much more in the past. The big deal is to focus on the basics: budgeting and being wise with credit. :homebrew:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Even with $1500 rent added on, if their claims are true they still have about $42,000/yr to put toward paying off debt. More income doesn’t seem like priority one to me.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

One of the patterns from the last thread was:

We need more income! --> searching for job --> job search is stressing me the gently caress out --> just this once, we're going to do this random expensive thing --> repeat

So hopefully if he does start looking around, it's done in a way that doesn't cause the cycle to get even worse

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Veskit posted:

It cost 1500 a month for an apartment in Reno????

The gently caress is going on in Reno?

California, Washington, and Colorado getting extremely expensive has pushed people to Nevada and Idaho. I wouldn’t blink at that rent for what he’s getting if it were in Boise.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Pretty typical behavior from the last thread where KG decides to save money by spending more money...

Here is a link for you to contemplate:
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/heres-much-saved-30/

Until you take some massive steps to restructure your life by really budgeting, increasing your income, and decreasing your spending, you're hosed. I can't wait for all of the poo poo KG is going to buy in order to save money.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

It really astounds me that a 'frugal' year off road-camping somehow required over THREE HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS a month in redundant cell phone plans. Like - seriously? What the hell.

Bankruptcy after an apartment is the way forward imo. The ludicrous total $ for the stupid truck (seriously just lol at the Truck :fsmug:) and the even more ludicrous interest on the RV mean there's no justifiable reason to keep them. I know you are a car guy or whatever Knyte but seriously? Do you work on a farm? Do you need an incredibly oversized penis extension Truck?

After that work on getting a better job and the limited credit opportunities might give you a chance to actually learn to live within your means.

Saros fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 3, 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i don't really think he's a car guy as much as an OOOOOH SHINY guy

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
When you drive around in your car, people can confuse you for someone who can actually afford it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I pretty much always assume new truck = can't afford it.

There have been discussions of bankruptcy in other threads, I doubt given KG's income he'd pass the 'means test' for chapter 7. I'm pretty much talking out of my rear end here, but he definitely has the financial means to service his obligations.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Saros posted:

It really astounds me that a 'frugal' year off road-camping somehow required over THREE HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS a month in redundant cell phone plans. Like - seriously? What the hell.

Bankruptcy after an apartment is the way forward imo. The ludicrous total $ for the stupid truck (seriously just lol at the Truck :fsmug:) and the even more ludicrous interest on the RV mean there's no justifiable reason to keep them. I know you are a car guy or whatever Knyte but seriously? Do you work on a farm? Do you need an incredibly oversized penis extension Truck?

After that work on getting a better job and the limited credit opportunities might give you a chance to actually learn to live within your means.

He was upset about stuff, it was the only way. And right now, he and his wife are rightfully grieving and will be dealing with a lot of difficult emotions which, if history is any indication, means he's about to go on a massive spending spree. He'll have plenty of justifications for it, but at the end of the day, it's how he deals with stress.

Losing a parent is rough, and I genuinely feel for what JO is going through, but this is not going to end well.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I have no idea why someone who could pay off both the RV and truck loan in a year with reasonably frugal living would declare bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy isn't going to help his decision making. It's just going to badly gently caress up his credit, ability to get a new apartment (say, for example, if they ever need to move for a job), a home, etc. for basically the next decade of his life.

Declaring bankruptcy when you could actually pay off your debts entirely in the next year would not be the right call, in my opinion. Fixing their poo poo is the right call. And if they can't do that, what's the point of bankruptcy? It's not going to stop this from happening again. Bankruptcy for him is like the asocial goon who graduates high school and says, "Fresh start, college is going to be different!," and then fires up Minecraft for eight hours the day he moves into the dorms.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

SlyFrog posted:

I have no idea why someone who could pay off both the RV and truck loan in a year with reasonably frugal living would declare bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy isn't going to help his decision making. It's just going to badly gently caress up his credit, ability to get a new apartment (say, for example, if they ever need to move for a job), a home, etc. for basically the next decade of his life.

Declaring bankruptcy when you could actually pay off your debts entirely in the next year would not be the right call, in my opinion. Fixing their poo poo is the right call. And if they can't do that, what's the point of bankruptcy? It's not going to stop this from happening again. Bankruptcy for him is like the asocial goon who graduates high school and says, "Fresh start, college is going to be different!," and then fires up Minecraft for eight hours the day he moves into the dorms.

You are right.

My brain is just stuck on the vast amounts of money he spent on an RV and truck when it clearly was an awful choice. How do people make these choices. I don't understand.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sheri posted:

You are right.

My brain is just stuck on the vast amounts of money he spent on an RV and truck when it clearly was an awful choice. How do people make these choices. I don't understand.

because i deserve nice things sheri

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Saros posted:

I'll be selling the truck as soon as I can. I liked the used minivan idea actually. I could gut that sumbitch and make it into a sick sleeper (joking):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7whbkC2yAM&t=342s

Bankruptcy won't work in our situation. We make too much money and don't have enough debt. (<= $7,700 in discretionary/'disposable' income over 5 years, and/or (?) under the median wage for a household in your area).

I am applying for jobs.

n8r posted:

Until you take some massive steps to restructure your life by really budgeting, increasing your income, and decreasing your spending, you're hosed.

That's why I'm here. Also we didn't get the apartment to save money, what are you referring to? The apartment is going to cost a shitload and I'm not looking forward to it; it would have required much less discipline to meet our goals without it (at the cost of risk and mental well-being).

I was reading Tuyop posts (from within the past monthish maybe) about being like $-35,000 when he started his thread in 2011 and now being worth $140,000. I don't know how much of that is house net worth, but that really loving tells me I need to do this right this time. We could have been in a similar situation now, but I wasn't ready to make the hard changes needed and frankly 'life was good' and we made some bad choices because there's always tomorrow. Reading zaurg's thread is helping me too; some poo poo in there resonates with me.

Another helpful thing that can cut down on "just this once" expenses is to unsubscribe from promotional emails ("10% off this month only!" next month, there's another sale), delete any saved craigslist searches for cars, delete or lock yourself out of any forums for hobbies (RV stuff, car stuff, vidja games). Self control becomes a lot easier when you're not getting blasted with advertising all the time.

Good changes other than that, we just kinda need to see the complete picture for the future. Including a realistic picture of vices.

Thanks, good call. I cancelled a ton of old marketing emails. Baby steps, but something.

I'm working on the budget. $2,400 is needed to just move in so we don't have a ton of room to work with this month.

Quick small question: should we budget for a club membership at Costco or Sam's Club? As Droo mentioned we haven't been able to buy in bulk for awhile so we haven't given it much thought. I know Costco can turn into a 'how the gently caress is my bill so high' type of place, so I don't know if that should be avoided or what. I understand this is trying to plug a dam with a finger type of stuff, but I'm trying to make the budget and want to get it right.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Let me ask you guys this for some perspective. What would a successful month look like to you? What would a successful thread look like to you this time around?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Knyteguy posted:

The apartment is going to cost a shitload and I'm not looking forward to it; it would have required much less discipline to meet our goals without it (at the cost of risk and mental well-being).

I've bolded your fundamental problem. You are trying to avoid self discipline and execute this process with the least change. You want the easy way out. You fail to recognize that to fix the problem will take radical change and a lot of self discipline that you have never been inclined to impose on yourself. This is why you are doing poo poo like canceling marketing emails and discussing the merits/demerits of a Costco membership. It's performative. It makes you feel like you're doing something without actually changing anything.

A successful month is meaningless. You may have a tactically successful month where you pay down debt, but without fitting that in to an overall plan and strategy for getting out of debt, it's just pissing in the wind. You need a plan for how to get out of debt starting with moving in to a god drat apartment and having a real budget. Make one and post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Knyteguy posted:

So we cut about ~$320/mo in recurring garbage (to be safe I'm saying: we did add rent so it's not a net positive here).

You cut $320/mo that's doing very little for you and are spending an additional $1490/mo for something that will do substantially more for you. Yes, your recurring cash flow month over month will include net $1170 higher expenditures.

But that spend is predictable and quasi-stable and it doesn't carry the same risks that your current "non-spend" arrangement carries. Moving out of your Mom's back yard is avoiding as-yet unmaterialized costs. If you got popped for living there illegally how much would it cost between fines and whatever new living situation you have to establish? How much would you impulse spend on top after getting totally stressed out, and after making questionable decisions on Reno's time frame instead of your own?

How long does it take for that $1170/mo to catch up?

You like to talk about spending money to make money, this is one actual case where you've actually committed to doing it, and you aren't recognizing it as a net positive for your long term finances. That's a skill you'll need to cultivate with time if you want to ever follow any of the high level goals you've talked about in the past.

Knyteguy posted:

Let me ask you guys this for some perspective. What would a successful month look like to you? What would a successful thread look like to you this time around?

For you a successful month would be one where you make a plan about your money before the 1st of the month, and you execute it fully, and you leave yourself in a position to execute a similarly effective plan the next month.

You actually pay down your frivolous consumer debts, and do not incur new ones.

You stay within your budgeted spend across all categories.

You free up more of your income that is currently being used to pay interest to a bank to dig yourself further out of debt.

A successful thread for you would look like: You eliminating all of the expensive and needless risks that you've currently embraced, and becoming worthless; $0 net worth. That's how bad you're at right now: being worthless would be an improvement.

Dwight Eisenhower fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 3, 2019