Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Doma Castle throwing in Yotsuyu's tragic past at the end is probably what sours me the most on her. While I'm not fully enamored with the amnesia plot, it was much better handled at making her pitiable than her getting a sudden sob story in what was seemingly her final moments after trying to shoot Gosetsu to death repeatedly just moments prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alright, super duper end game spoilers here DO NOT loving MOUSE OVER THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE MSQ I SWEAR TO GOD

Am I correct in thinking that the Warrior of Light is an unwoken Ascian? Not just that, but the game implies "you" were the missing 14th Ascian who dissented against summoning Zodiark. So that could possibly mean that the Warrior of Light created Hydalaen, not the other way around.

I have to say the ending was far more interesting than anything I could have imagined.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Alright, super duper end game spoilers here DO NOT loving MOUSE OVER THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE MSQ I SWEAR TO GOD

That's what's being strongly implied, yes.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Leal posted:

I've had Alphi eat it once, though that may have been my fault. Then Alisae used swiftcast to verraise him.

I had a situation like this, except what happened was Alphinaud died, Alisae verraised him, then she died, then Alphinaud raised her, and then I died because that doofus was raising his sister instead of healing me.

It was at this point I resolved to only use Urianger whenever possible. That he seems to only play cards on me is further proof of the righteousness of my path.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fister Roboto posted:

Am I correct in thinking that the Warrior of Light is an unwoken Ascian? Not just that, but the game implies "you" were the missing 14th Ascian who dissented against summoning Zodiark. So that could possibly mean that the Warrior of Light created Hydalaen, not the other way around.

I have to say the ending was far more interesting than anything I could have imagined.

That's what I gathered.

You, Ardbert, and probably a warrior of light from each shard are the remnants of the soul of the Ascian who summoned Hydaelin.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
One system thing I like about ShB (and something I missed in SB coming from HW) taking place in one continent is that it's cheaper & easier to do gathering, especially when farming collectibles. It's nice that the Crystarium is the main nexus, which directly connects to three zones and makes the other three only two zones away.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's what I gathered.

You, Ardbert, and probably a warrior of light from each shard are the remnants of the soul of the Ascian who summoned Hydaelin.

I'm honestly amazed, there's been a ton of speculation about the story over the years, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone consider this possibility.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

isk
Oct 3, 2007

On the current spoilered discussion (endgame poo poo, seriously the above advice is correct, don't click till you've cleared MSQ), it's a feat that the scenario writers turned the to-this-point mustache-twirling villain Ascians and the generic Midlander warrior poster boy into compelling characters with understandable motivations. I think it makes sense to consider this the end of Ardbert's story but I wouldn't say no to more appearances. They did real good.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Adventurer in need (Healer)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Okay, it looks like at least a few people were interested in a Crystal goon LS, so I went ahead and made one. Worst thing that could happen is that it sits idle and nothing is lost. :v: Unfortunately, cross-world linkshells only really work by direct invite instead of application, so if you want to join, :siren: send a tell in game to Estelle Auberlaint@Balmung (usually on after 8-9 Central Time) or Tanil Nelhah@Balmung (around whenevers), or ping Lunar ☽ Lady#4324 (you'll probably want to copy and paste that) or KarasuTengu#1460 on Discord or in the #ffxiv-lfg-na-other channel on Catgirl Bargains. :siren:

(or post in here and I'll hunt you down cross-world)

Have I mentioned how beautiful the First is, by the way?

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 2, 2019

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, what's the easiest way to level crafting professions? I'm about level 20 on any given one of them, so it isn't like I have the super good skills or anything.

I think I read somewhere on this thread to load up on as much XP boosts as I could, then auto-craft 99 of something at my current skill level, but I wasn't sure if that was actually the most efficient way to do it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

the_steve posted:

So, what's the easiest way to level crafting professions? I'm about level 20 on any given one of them, so it isn't like I have the super good skills or anything.

I think I read somewhere on this thread to load up on as much XP boosts as I could, then auto-craft 99 of something at my current skill level, but I wasn't sure if that was actually the most efficient way to do it.

Think Beast Tribes and (at 60+) Custom Deliveries are the most efficient when it comes to time spent in-game, but since they reset daily and weekly respectively, you'd be at it for a long time doing only those. Mix in some leves, especially ones where you can deliver 3 times per leve. Collectibles (at 51+ I think? Maybe 60+?) are awesome for gatherers. Your GC also has a worthwhile daily turn-in for each job. A bit of grinding does help and is needed (especially if you do leves), but I wouldn't recommend only it due to the (time and gil) cost of mats.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

My WhaleBox arrived. Catte for scale.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I love how she briefly contemplates suicide, almost mockingly like "I won't let myself be pitied by these pathetic people." But then her parents show up to remind her that "Oh yeah, my childhood Sucked."

I got the impression that she wasn't being mocking of it, she was torn by the fact that Gosetsu was being kind to her, and had grown attached to her. She felt that she did not deserve his kindness after she had done what she had done to him.Also the scene during the Tsukuyomi fight where Gosetsu shows up and blocks Zenos from killing Yotsuyu, and she was surprised by it, I think she asked why Gosetsu was there because he wasn't supposed to be there, as she wanted to die for what she had done. I'll have to do the fight again to check but I am curious if her suffering gauge drops a bit when Gosetsu steps in front of her and deflects Zenos' killing blow. It obviously doesn't mean anything in the context of the fight but it would be a neat flavor touch.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 2, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Annath posted:

My WhaleBox arrived. Catte for scale.

A cat thats angry that you haven't removed all your dumb video game stuff from his new box.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Which mount is the one that looks kinda like a black PVP horse but has long flowing purple capes hanging all over it that swish around when it moves?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

hobbesmaster posted:

A cat thats angry that you haven't removed all your dumb video game stuff from his new box.

She and her brother are enjoying the shipping box :v:

E: Huh, there was a (disc free) DVD Case with my Shadowbringer code inside, so what package am I getting from SqEnix on Saturday???

E2: the statue/figure actually looks pretty good too.

Annath fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 2, 2019

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
I keep wiping on the last post-Stormblood duty and every time I do, you have to go back through the whole thing and ugh.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

monks: when the hell do i use six-sided star?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
I bought the collectors digital edition. According to the square sales page it should come with

COLLECTOR'S EDITION ITEMS:

Grani Mount

Ride the formidable Grani and strike terror into the heart of any foe in your path. Caution is recommended when mounting the rather pointy beast.

Players must meet certain conditions to be able to fly and dive.

Flying is limited to Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers areas.

Diving is limited to Stormblood and Shadowbringers areas.

Wind-up Fran Minion

Take Fran along as your partner in the skies, on land, or under the water.

Minions are vanity pets that do not have any effect on a player's stats.

Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon

Squall's iconic gunblade makes its appearance in FFXIV as a gunbreaker-exclusive weapon. 

Equippable by gunbreakers regardless of level.

The weapon's stats will differ from those in FFVIII.

However I have none of these as of yet. Are we all just waiting?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Did you enter the expansion's access code? It's not automatically added to your account, you have to enter the key that the store gives you. In the SE store's case, you have to check your purchases and then click Unlock Activation Key to get it.

Speaking of, the SE store finally finished processing the keys, so if anybody was still waiting on theirs from SE, now is the time to check.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Mister No posted:

I keep wiping on the last post-Stormblood duty and every time I do, you have to go back through the whole thing and ugh.

What are you having issues with? I saw a handful of people on Reddit complaining that the bit where he summons three swords and starts charging an instant-death attack hits enrage near-instantly on SMN, so if that's your problem you might try it on SCH or a different job instead.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I actually beat that duty you're spoilering with SMN, though it's possible something got hosed up when they moved to 5.0 (since I did it under 4.56). I actually found it straightforward to do after repeated failures on other classes; my big trick was to reserve a dragon laser, even if it wasn't an optimal rotation.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Doing it as SCH, but I keep ending with the final sword being like one more Broil away from death before it triggers. I'll get it eventually, or I'll farm up the tomestones to get 390 gear on one of the tank class I have at 70.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how long it takes to level 1-80 on a brand new character?

I started playing for the first time three weeks ago or so and it took me 52 hours to finish 2.0. Currently working through the 2.x quests and just finished 2.1 last night. Was a bit of a slog.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

I have a feeling that like the Council of Thirteen for Zodiark, Hydaelyn would have a Council... of Twelve :unsmigghh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Givin posted:

Which mount is the one that looks kinda like a black PVP horse but has long flowing purple capes hanging all over it that swish around when it moves?

I think that's the collector's edition mount. You can buy it from the Mog Station in a bundle that includes Squall's gunblade and a Fran minion for $20.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Yep. Just saw it. I don't remember it looking that cool and thought it was some ugly purple beast thing at first. Looks sweet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

I have a feeling that like the Council of Thirteen for Zodiark, Hydaelyn would have a Council... of Twelve :unsmigghh:

:stare:

I really gotta say, this revelation has been far, far more interesting than all the "lol the wol is tempered" theories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FYI for people who want to know more about Fordola, level Summoner.

Ibblebibble posted:

Or what if they also were a Council of 13.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Schubalts posted:

Did you enter the expansion's access code? It's not automatically added to your account, you have to enter the key that the store gives you. In the SE store's case, you have to check your purchases and then click Unlock Activation Key to get it.

Speaking of, the SE store finally finished processing the keys, so if anybody was still waiting on theirs from SE, now is the time to check.

I guess I had to wait until 6 PM CST, because I was able to unlock it. Once unlocked, the code is entered and confirmed, I just wait an hour for an in game mail, right?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

FYI for people who want to know more about Fordola, level Summoner.

Or what if they also were a Council of 13.

What else do we know of that comes in Twelve?

Finally, your patron deity might become relevant.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

What else do we know of that comes in Twelve?

Finally, your patron deity might become relevant.

I was thinking the opposite.

The Twelve are the remainder. The WoL is the remnants of the last. So you have 13 vs 13, with the Twelve being the leftovers.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god summoner is giving me hand cramps with the constant ogcd spam, im looking at my bars more than at fights

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I'm gonna be honest, I nearly wanted to quit the Shadowbringers MSQ after the first two zones cause I was feeling really miserable and depressed and didn't wanna go on. Then I went on to Il Mheg and suddenly it's full of adorable beavers and fun faeries and I heard there's gonna be fluffy birds and nu mous and my disaster boy Urianger's house that a faerie wanted to redecorate and I don't know...

Is it gonna whiplash as hard before the end cause. I don't know if I can deal with it atm

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Merilan posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I nearly wanted to quit the Shadowbringers MSQ after the first two zones cause I was feeling really miserable and depressed and didn't wanna go on. Then I went on to Il Mheg and suddenly it's full of adorable beavers and fun faeries and I heard there's gonna be fluffy birds and nu mous and my disaster boy Urianger's house that a faerie wanted to redecorate and I don't know...

Is it gonna whiplash as hard before the end cause. I don't know if I can deal with it atm

Don't gently caress with the Good Folk.

That said, the zone is rather more "low-key horrifying things constantly being done by your pixie allies" rather than "you will be sad now".

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rand Brittain posted:

That said, the zone is rather more "low-key horrifying things constantly being done by your pixie allies" rather than "you will be sad now".

To be fair, low-key horrifying has been a mythological staple of the fae for ages. It's part of why the zone owns so hard, IMO.

I also finally got the Fillibuster fending chestpiece after like, a year and a half of wanting it, just in time for the most fitting tank to wear it. Can't wait till I'm 80 and can glam on the dwarven manatrigger :getin:

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Rand Brittain posted:

yeah I guess more like... the rest of the expansion? I don't know. I'll keep going and see how it goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

Asimo posted:

Further red mage observations: Engagement has proved more useful than I anticipated, since even if it's 50 less potency than Displacement there's proving to be a lot of fights where it's just easier to park yourself on the boss' rear end and not eat a half-second animation lock. But I still can't figure out what the hell Reprise is supposed to be for. Enchanted Reprise is 220 potency melee... but costs 10 B/W mana so it keeps you from doing your finisher combo, and it's got a full-length GCD so it isn't even saving time over just casting jolt or dumping mana after a misfired combo or something. Is there something I'm missing, some sort of high end mana optimization thing that'd use it? :psyduck:

I think the best use of it is when you're moving around a bunch. The game won't let you sit and cast something for a few seconds and your other ogcds aren't available. When you're moving all the way across the platform to avoid an aoe, you can toss enchanted reprises while you move.