Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Neltharak posted:

Deskeletonization is in ! Please report to your local Stimperial facilities immediately

If you're looking for horror, the Alien franchise has nothing on this.

e: obCatte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

what was that german word for secondhand embarrassment?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I’m clearly a victim of identity theft.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

Backpfeifengesicht Fremdschämen.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big nipples big life posted:

The only thing I feel when I look at this is Schadenfreude, but that's a bit... elsewhere...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dementropy posted:

Backpfeifengesicht Fremdschämen.

that's the stuff

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jesus. Thanks for the summary. ALL they had to do was look at a C130, or, hell, the cargo hold on the Enterprise. Cargo is in big boxes and strapped down. Easy! Done! Have an automated forklift or something, or not, who cares!

Neltharak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-jbAMoWJs

Plugging this again, just to have a thing to compare it to.

Every time I see this game it looks cooler, and I get more disappointed that apparently it's a loving MMO. I just wanna play it alone or coop only.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lolling hard that a little voxel game has infinitely more depth than Star Citizen after 6 years and 250+ million dollars.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Jesus. Thanks for the summary. ALL they had to do was look at a C130, or, hell, the cargo hold on the Enterprise. Cargo is in big boxes and strapped down. Easy! Done! Have an automated forklift or something, or not, who cares!

Every time I see this game it looks cooler, and I get more disappointed that apparently it's a loving MMO. I just wanna play it alone or coop only.

Does that really ruin it entirely, though? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge proponent of the single-player zen experience. But assuming PVP isn't part of the game, or is optional, to me the point of an MMO isn't coop or grouping or partying - it's to have other players around to give the sense of life that AI can't produce. I play most MMOs alone, but it's nice to know other real people are there. Sometimes in a pinch you can help each other out, but it's not a must.

Edit: actually I just found this about the game, not sure how accurate it is:

quote:

Alternatively the game features a sandbox mode where players can explore the game alone or with selected friends in their own universe.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 3, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not listening to this dipshit, what does he say?

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Isn't this just a scaled up version of something from one of the TNG movies?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I'm not listening to this dipshit, what does he say?

He screams about the game not being a scam because he dropped some dudes out of his cargo bay.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

So there's a line appearing to justify Sandi's Directorship appointment, saying "she's a massive shareholder".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's ever been seen or verified that she in fact has stock in any CIG entities. Least of all the UK properties we can see, right?

If you were Sandy, would you own stock in a CIG entity?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Isn't this just a scaled up version of something from one of the TNG movies?

It's a klingon bird of prey

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

SoftNum posted:

It's a klingon bird of prey

its clearly a copy of the starship Andromeda

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the flight model is loving awful and continues to get worse every patch

I mean, I know they are trying to figure out things for squonsole 42 and people being able to use a controller but lol goddamn

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I mean

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

the flight model is loving awful and continues to get worse every patch

I mean, I know they are trying to figure out things for squonsole 42 and people being able to use a controller but lol goddamn

I'm really looking forward to the day when Microsoft or whoever controls their platform target, tells them to piss up a rope. We'll know because their entire priority list for sq42 will change. Or they'll just close. Either way, hilarious.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello
  • surprise announcement of additional platforms supposedly coming this year (a rumor I've heard for like 2 years running btw)
  • more hardware tech bundles coming, including one with faceware (mentioned previously)
  • several people have mentioned, however, that the faceware camera is now completely dead
  • hardware production issues, lack of software improvements by CIG and potential legal issues have killed it, according to rumor
  • camera might be resurrected by a cheap 3rd party from china (restated rumor from last year)
  • demo levels of sq42, including mess hall / latrine character gen and PU character crossover ready to preview by q4 this year
  • lots of chatter now about "offline character" / "offline experience" replacing "single player" as the go-to phrase for squadron 42
  • anything you've purchased in the PU can be flown by your "offline character"
  • "The offline experience is as expansive, awe-inspiring and fulfilling as the PU. There's a thousand hours of gameplay there."
  • certain currencies can be taken from the offline experience and taken into the PU
  • same goes for ships -- buy one offline with in-game currency and take it online
  • an "open universe offline experience"
  • the storyline for sq42 is "just the beginning"
  • mine, farm, trade and take missions after the story has concluded, including taking over stations and cities via combat or economically
  • ability to hire other PU players as offline characters to crew your ships

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
>Star Citizen: Is it a scam?

No.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Neltharak posted:

Deskeletonization is in ! Please report to your local Stimperial facilities immediately

i honestly wish stimpire author could see the memes made here. I oft wonder, would it make him happy?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • surprise announcement of additional platforms supposedly coming this year (a rumor I've heard for like 2 years running btw)
  • more hardware tech bundles coming, including one with faceware (mentioned previously)
  • several people have mentioned, however, that the faceware camera is now completely dead
  • hardware production issues, lack of software improvements by CIG and potential legal issues have killed it, according to rumor
  • camera might be resurrected by a cheap 3rd party from china (restated rumor from last year)
  • demo levels of sq42, including mess hall / latrine character gen and PU character crossover ready to preview by q4 this year
  • lots of chatter now about "offline character" / "offline experience" replacing "single player" as the go-to phrase for squadron 42
  • "The offline experience is as expansive, awe-inspiring and fulfilling as the PU. There's a thousand hours of gameplay there."
  • certain currencies can be taken from the offline experience and taken into the PU
  • same goes for ships -- buy one offline with in-game currency and take it online
  • mine, farm, trade and take missions after the story has concluded, including taking over stations and cities via combat or economically

Don't need to improve networking if you don't use it at all

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

hello

If accurate, an interesting internal narrative shift. Looks like the very, very beginning of deciding what the game actually is. So now we're looking at making the PU a completely single-player experience, and working out the online details later (read: after bankruptcy). That allows them to kick the can of their server costs and technology indefinitely down the road, and just make the model-viewer a local experience. This in particular hooked me:

quote:

[*]demo levels of sq42, including mess hall / latrine character gen and PU character crossover ready to preview by q4 this year

The only stuff they have is what they motion-captured needlessly, so there's no chance of anything more being ready by Q4. Honorable mention goes to:

quote:

[*]"The offline experience is as expansive, awe-inspiring and fulfilling as the PU. There's a thousand hours of gameplay there."

A new narrative emerges! Star Citizen was always going to be single-player and local to your PC! A thousand hours of gameplay*! What living breathing universe world, what living breathing universe world, you're the living breathing universe world.

*Gameplay not yet designed.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

TheAgent posted:

[*]demo levels of sq42, including mess hall / latrine character gen and PU character crossover ready to preview by q4 this year

Jacked to the tits about generating my latrine character.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Jacked to the tits about generating my latrine character.

he has a name sir

The Man from Space Blood Meridian

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheAgent posted:

lol SQ42 is just Freelancer's freeroam endgame portion

Scruffpuff posted:

If accurate, an interesting internal narrative shift. Looks like the very, very beginning of deciding what the game actually is. So now we're looking at making the PU a completely single-player experience, and working out the online details later (read: after bankruptcy). That allows them to kick the can of their server costs and technology indefinitely down the road, and just make the model-viewer a local experience.

Unironically a good decision. Just, ahh, 6 years late.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 3, 2019

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

So, catching up way late here, but how long has this guy been shilling Star Citizen? What maybe 6 months? It's actually more telling that he's having to yell "Is this a Scam! No!" Why does that even come up naturally in a game that doesn't look sketchy? And drat, didn't take long until he had to start addressing it huh.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

hello

Instant devalue on whichever ships they sell in offline mode. Wonder which backers get to be the lucky winners.

And who needs an online anyway. Not like they can get it to work. Next, who needs AI anyway.

valiantlife
Dec 6, 2018

I didn't think I could cringe so much from one twitter thread.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That dude isn’t shitposting wtf

valiantlife
Dec 6, 2018
The only correct response if you're at a party and someone asks if your a gamer is to screech at them.

valiantlife fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 3, 2019

Iafeth
Jul 17, 2017

TheAgent posted:

hello

Sounds dumb. Nobody is going to "invest" in to offline mod. When you can always hack it and have all of the expensive chariots for free.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Iafeth posted:

Sounds dumb. Nobody is going to "invest" in to offline mod. When you can always hack it and have all of the expensive chariots for free.

Shhhhhh imagine the meltdowns people will have when space poors suddenly all have javelins and carriers they hacked in for their "offline" fleets.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just gotta alter some .cfg files.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Nyast posted:

It reads "released".

As far as I know, SQ42 release is not scheduled for 2020. Beta is. So 2021 at best.

Considering they need to complete 2 chapters per month to reach that deadline, I'm sure it'll go as well as usual.

Darn, Roberts's optimism got me again.
But what is release anyway?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

:captainpop: :mmmhmm:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Store Citizen good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU