Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Merilan posted:

yeah I guess more like... the rest of the expansion? I don't know. I'll keep going and see how it goes

Don't worry, there'll be opportunities to feel sad later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Since someone already asked for Crystal: Is there any interest in creating a cross-world goon linkshell for the Aether datacenter? I'm currently on Adamantoise still since I have a small close-knit FC there of irl friends.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Zerilan posted:

Since someone already asked for Crystal: Is there any interest in creating a cross-world goon linkshell for the Aether datacenter? I'm currently on Adamantoise still since I have a small close-knit FC there of irl friends.

I am also on Adamantoise. My buddies are all on Cactuar but this was the only server available when I started.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't worry, there'll be opportunities to feel sad later.

I figured that'd be the case. :(

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I guess I had to wait until 6 PM CST, because I was able to unlock it. Once unlocked, the code is entered and confirmed, I just wait an hour for an in game mail, right?

Yes, once the key is accepted you just wait for the moogle mail.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

So I have some random thoughts, as I just finished the 77 dungeon:

-I really like the Trust system. It hasn’t been noticeably slower for me, although my experience with regular Duty Finder is limited to 2 runs of the 71 duty, and both of them were nightmares. Yeah, the NPCs don’t AoE, but at least the healer will occasionally toss out a damage spell and the tank can hold the mobs.

-Each zone I’ve enjoyed more than the last. And each one has some pretty emotional moments in my mind.

-Spoilers about a story beat/character: Holy crap has Emet been an amazing addition to the story. Possibly my new favorite character period. He’s an absolute monster and we have to find a way to stop him and the rest of the Ascians permanently but I do understand his rationale. I keep hoping that he will join as a member of the Trust for a dungeon but I’m not holding my breath on that.

-Do we know when the soundtrack comes out yet? Because god drat is the music amazing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Dimestore Merlin posted:

I am also on Adamantoise. My buddies are all on Cactuar but this was the only server available when I started.

Are you Lilac Merthelin by any chance?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For players who have cleared MSQ: What do you do now? I'm lvl 76 and I noticed my FL has maxed players already.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alder posted:

For players who have cleared MSQ: What do you do now? I'm lvl 76 and I noticed my FL has maxed players already.

Mainly doing level 80 dungeons for Goetia to gear up. There's a full set of 430 gear you can purchase, weapon included. There's also two Extreme primals you can take on which provide a 435 weapon and 435 accessories, hunts that gets you relatively cheap Materia VIII, and FATE grinding to unlock HQ crafting materials and riding maps.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just got up to Coerthas Highlands in my MSQ, and I'm curious, was this part of the main game when ARR launched or was it part of a later patch? It feels so different from everything else that leads up to it and the little musical touches with the organ and the harpsichord make it feel like a special area or something.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MNK question: is form shift just for 'oh poo poo I need the next part of my combo' emergencies when you have nothing right next to you to punch?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

S.J. posted:

MNK question: is form shift just for 'oh poo poo I need the next part of my combo' emergencies when you have nothing right next to you to punch?

It's that but it's also something you can pre-cast to start bosses in the form you want.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrNutt posted:

Just got up to Coerthas Highlands in my MSQ, and I'm curious, was this part of the main game when ARR launched or was it part of a later patch? It feels so different from everything else that leads up to it and the little musical touches with the organ and the harpsichord make it feel like a special area or something.

Coerthas was originally in ARR. Anything and everything below level 50, and before the credits roll the first time, is ARR content. It just has its own identity that's tied to Ishgard and the first expansion, and they clearly had stuff planned out and considered when they were remaking the zones for 2.0.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DrNutt posted:

My understanding is that it was in the game, but it was an area devoid of any content or storyline. This gave them more free reign to be inventive in ARR.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

DrNutt posted:

It was part of 1.0, even, where there were multiple Coerthas zones, one of which made it back in Heavensward.

The City of Ishgard and their people's whole deal was something heavily teased since XIV launched in 2010 (much like Adon near the blocked road in the Eastern Plaguelands leading to Quel'Thalas and all of the datamined beta Outland content in World of Warcraft) so people were very hungry for it when HW finally came out.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
In 1.0, I think Coerthas was super green and lush and kinda like Pacific Northwest-ish.

Bahamut caused it to be forever winter.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zerilan posted:

It's that but it's also something you can pre-cast to start bosses in the form you want.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought, when I first saw it I thought it was an ogcd and it seemed insane but it's alright

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Cool, thanks for the explanations. It's probably my very favorite zone so far and the music gives me strong FF6 WoR vibes, I love it to pieces.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Post MSQ spoilers (I mean it don't click here unless you're already rocking out in The Twinning): it's been over a day since I cleared it and I still can't get over how hilariously catastrophic Zenos is to everybody else's plans. He literally walked to Garlemald in a borrowed body so he could kill his dad for no other reason than because he felt using Black Rose wouldn't be sporting. While he was there he happened to find his original body too, and reclaimed it by exercising Elidibus out of it by being super good at katanas. And now he knows about Hydaelin and Zodiark and the very first thing to pop into his head? He wants you and him to pilot them Shinryu-style and recreate the final battle from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann just because he thinks that is the most radical thing imaginable. (tbf it would be pretty loving rad)

And he's probably going to do it too, barring an emergency truce between the WoL and the remaining Ascians at some point between now and 7.0.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is Umbral Soul for

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Post MSQ spoilers (I mean it don't click here unless you're already rocking out in The Twinning): it's been over a day since I cleared it and I still can't get over how hilariously catastrophic Zenos is to everybody else's plans.

The way he delivers, "Simply holding the Empire together has occupied your... limited faculties," is so goddamn good.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Beat the final boss earlier, and goddamn I have no idea how they keep topping the previous one.

Also the entire pre-boss cutscene is amazing.

"I challenge you, Emet-Selch."

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is Umbral Soul for

You spam it between fights in dungeons or during downtime on bosses so you can start every fight fresh instead of wasting time with Blizz 4.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Saigyouji posted:

Beat the final boss earlier, and goddamn I have no idea how they keep topping the previous one.

Also the entire pre-boss cutscene is amazing.

"I challenge you, Emet-Selch."

"Remember that we lived."

:smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The fact that I felt interesting and engaged in the loving Ascians is a miracle.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ImpAtom posted:

The fact that I felt interesting and engaged in the loving Ascians is a miracle.

They took a really generic badguy cult and made them absolutely compelling.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Clarste posted:

You spam it between fights in dungeons or during downtime on bosses so you can start every fight fresh instead of wasting time with Blizz 4.
Gotcha, makes sense

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think the biggest theme of the past few patches is this: nobody in the entire universe stays dead. And that's not a spoiler, because Yotsuyu and Gaius happened last expac.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just got to Eulmore the second time around. I knew meol was going to be soylent green! :argh:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is it worth queuing up in the leveling roulette after you've done it once for the daily rewards? I'm not sure how much the dropoff in EXP is after that.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Endgame spoilers

SirSamVimes posted:

"Remember that we lived."

:smith:

Yep, this one got me good, too

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is it worth queuing up in the leveling roulette after you've done it once for the daily rewards? I'm not sure how much the dropoff in EXP is after that.

For pure XP, no. The Adventurer in Need bonus can be nice

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zerilan posted:

I'd be interested in this. I'm on Siren thanks to poor life choices in trying to play with IRL friends that quit, so I'd like some goons to goon it up with.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Not really nah. Best result is to do the roulette once and then spam the highest or two highest a available dungeons. If you're at 50/60/70 then do the *9 dungeon prior since the former endgame ones give crappy XP.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Francis posted:

It was part of 1.0, even, where there were multiple Coerthas zones, one of which made it back in Heavensward.

Two, actually! The shatter map takes place on the twisted remains of a 1.0 area, and it even has the ruined, named camp in it :eng101:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
CLOSE

5th try too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The 76 duty with all the adds is so fun as BLM. I bet it would be great with DNC and SAM too.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of Coerthas, sorta, I only have 11 more quests before I am into HW and I am so loving ready to see Ishgard and to just be done with ARR. The filler stories haven't been quite as bad as I was afraid of and I've actually really been digging all the build up to this Ishgard stuff, but loving hell it has just taken so goddamned long and I still have a shitload of feature unlock quests confronting me in Revenant's Toll. And I've been neglecting Hildibrand, which is just shameful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imo completing Hildibrand should be required to start the next expansion's MSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
NULL

bare bottom pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 3, 2019