Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder how intentional of a slam at the TWD news that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Skwirl posted:

This is what, the fifth time? It's got loving legs as something that started as a one-off fake-out crossover between the Ultimate universe (RIP) and the 616.

And lo, Arthur Suydam will still use it as his meal ticket...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder how intentional of a slam at the TWD news that is.

gonna guess its more because of DCeased

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I remember the Howard the Duck Marvel Zombies being alright. But as I type that, I realize I can't really remember much from it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

gonna guess its more because of DCeased

I just mean the tweet text.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hm after reading the latest avengers, angry She-Hulk sounds about right.

Wasnt she grey for a little bit though? What's the deal with that going to her current state?
She went gray/angry after she came out of the coma Thanos put her in at the start of Civil War II. It was a response to physical/psychological trauma and she was trying to work through it with a therapist during the short-lived Mariko Tamaki Hulk/She-Hulk series.

At the end of that series, it was left somewhat open ended along the lines of "she can turn happy and green again, but all of these Hulks live inside her". Then in the first issue of Jason Aaron's Avengers run, she got blasted by a Celestial with extra gamma energy to make her Really Big and Savage, with the implication it was for some greater cosmic purpose, which is sort of talked about in this past week's issue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
When there's no crossovers left in hell, the gimmick minis will walk the earth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember somebody - Kirkman, maybe - saying something about Marvel Zombies like "It's the comic for people who think 'Isn't it funny that Aunt May walks in on Spider-Man eating MJ?" and I asked myself the question and said "No, not for longer than a 'What If?' issue" and engaged with the premise no further.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I remember somebody - Kirkman, maybe - saying something about Marvel Zombies like "It's the comic for people who think 'Isn't it funny that Aunt May walks in on Spider-Man eating MJ?" and I asked myself the question and said "No, not for longer than a 'What If?' issue" and engaged with the premise no further.

The creator of Walking Dead poo poo talking Marvel Zombies for over use of shock in story telling is pretty loving hilarious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

The creator of Walking Dead poo poo talking Marvel Zombies for over use of shock in story telling is pretty loving hilarious.

Not sure exactly what you missed here, but Kirkman wrote Marvel Zombies and that scene in particular.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbf when i initially read that post i thought the whole thing was kirkmans quote too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Not sure exactly what you missed here, but Kirkman wrote Marvel Zombies and that scene in particular.

I haven't actually read any of it besides the original Mark Millar UFF stuff.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The Robert Kirkman stuff is pretty forgettable if shocking, with some decent Sean Phillips art.

To my mind, Marvel Zombies got rescued by Fred Van Lente's work on the 4th and 5th series, which are fun, particularly if you like the Nextwave version of Machine Man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
1 is good, 2 is... eh, 3 is fantastic, and the rest are just whatever. These are my hot takes thank you for listening

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like there's enough people still out there that consume any and all zombie material no matter the quality. Like Days Gone isn't very good but it sold a fuckton of copies.

War of the Realms never tried to be more than what it was, all the Marvel heroes fighting Thors stuff.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I would like to note, without spoiling anything, that tomorrow's issue of Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider has a thing in it that I was present to watch the idea being born and it is both Awesome and also so simple you'll wonder why the hell no one thought of this before

Go buy Spider-Gwen you need to see this

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would like to note, without spoiling anything, that tomorrow's issue of Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider has a thing in it that I was present to watch the idea being born and it is both Awesome and also so simple you'll wonder why the hell no one thought of this before

I'll buy it because I like you. But I always do find it surprising to remember we actually have people on here who work on these comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like there's enough people still out there that consume any and all zombie material no matter the quality. Like Days Gone isn't very good but it sold a fuckton of copies.

War of the Realms never tried to be more than what it was, all the Marvel heroes fighting Thors stuff.

Days Gone is good though.

I remember marvel zombies vs ash was good.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Covok posted:

I'll buy it because I like you. But I always do find it surprising to remember we actually have people on here who work on these comics.

I don't work on it, I'm just friends with the writer. But that means I occasionally get looks into The Process Of Making Comics and lemme tell you I have been waiting for this particular one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, like X-O said Kirkman was trying to sell people on the concept with that soundbite. He did not in my case.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I had forgotten just how many Marvel Zombies mini series there were:

Marvel Zombies (2005): The original Kirkman/Phillips one
Marvel Zombies 2 (2007): Kirkman/Phillips sequel
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days (2007): Kirkman/Phillips one-shot that I think was a prequel to the original series
Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness (2007): Exactly what it sounds likes
Marvel Zombies 3 (2008): Fred Van Lente and Kev Walker, with Machine Man and company fighting zombies
Marvel Zombies 4 (2009): Van Lente/Walker, this time it's Morbius, Hellstorm, and magic people fighting zombies
Marvel Zombies Return (2009): Van Lente/Nick Dragotta, doing a follow up to the original Kirkman stories
Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution (2009): Karl Kesel and various artists do a crossover between Marvel Zombies and the way less successful Marvel Apes
Marvel Zombies 5 (2010): Van Lente/Kano, Machine Man and Howard the Duck team up in a zombie Killraven world
Marvel Zombies: Supreme (2011): Frank Marrafino and some artists I've never heard of doing Zombie Squadron Supreme
Marvel Zombies: Destroy! (2012): Frank Marrafino doin' old school Howling Commandos (and Howard the Duck) against Marvel Nazi Zombies in WWII

They also did Christmas and Halloween one-shots, a Black Panther arc, two different Deadpool arcs, and probably some other poo poo I am forgetting.

I read the Van Lente ones awhile back because I'll give about anything he writes a shot, I recall them being fun but forgettable.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mr Hootington posted:

Days Gone is good though.

I remember marvel zombies vs ash was good.

It was! Took the Marvel Zombies concept as seriously as it needed to be.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

she's gay? i agree, it's obvious

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

she's gay? i agree, it's obvious

everyone is gay
-curt cobain

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Edge & Christian posted:

I had forgotten just how many Marvel Zombies mini series there were:

Marvel Zombies (2005): The original Kirkman/Phillips one
Marvel Zombies 2 (2007): Kirkman/Phillips sequel
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days (2007): Kirkman/Phillips one-shot that I think was a prequel to the original series
Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness (2007): Exactly what it sounds likes
Marvel Zombies 3 (2008): Fred Van Lente and Kev Walker, with Machine Man and company fighting zombies
Marvel Zombies 4 (2009): Van Lente/Walker, this time it's Morbius, Hellstorm, and magic people fighting zombies
Marvel Zombies Return (2009): Van Lente/Nick Dragotta, doing a follow up to the original Kirkman stories
Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution (2009): Karl Kesel and various artists do a crossover between Marvel Zombies and the way less successful Marvel Apes
Marvel Zombies 5 (2010): Van Lente/Kano, Machine Man and Howard the Duck team up in a zombie Killraven world
Marvel Zombies: Supreme (2011): Frank Marrafino and some artists I've never heard of doing Zombie Squadron Supreme
Marvel Zombies: Destroy! (2012): Frank Marrafino doin' old school Howling Commandos (and Howard the Duck) against Marvel Nazi Zombies in WWII

They also did Christmas and Halloween one-shots, a Black Panther arc, two different Deadpool arcs, and probably some other poo poo I am forgetting.

I read the Van Lente ones awhile back because I'll give about anything he writes a shot, I recall them being fun but forgettable.

There was also a Battlworld comic with Elsa Bloodstone which was pretty good. Helped that it was more a Bloodstone comic than a Zombie one.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
hulk good

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

He's not wrong, folks.

DINO-SWARM!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i read it and couldnt tell what idea it was they were talking about

e: oh yeah ^^^ that was good for a chuckle

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

He's not wrong, folks.

DINO-SWARM!

It's Wednesday, I get to talk without spoiling anything now

So a bunch of us are sitting around chatting and Seanan goes "hey I need a Spider-Man villain for Gwen to fight during a visit to 616. Just a quick throwaway fight with someone who no one else is likely to be using for, like, an important story." And suggestions are kicked around for a couple of minutes until someone (not, to my eternal shame, me) suggest Swarm - because what's better than a Nazi scientist made out of bees?

Then there was a pause, until she went "hey Swarm used to form around his skeleton, but he doesn't have to anymore. Why can't he form around other skeletons?"

And then we found out that there is in fact something better than a Nazi scientist made out of bees. Namely, a Nazi scientist dinosaur made out of bees.

I have been waiting for months, since that moment, for this comic to come out because c'mon. Dinosaur Swarm is amazing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I have to be honest, I'm a little annoyed you hyped that up so much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m annoyed that you’re not more delighted about a T-Rex made of bees with the mind of a Nazi scientist.

God. Imagine the horror show Ewing would make of Swarm in Immortal hulk.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dinoswarm is cute, but tbh yeah i kinda expected something Big too

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I have to be honest, I'm a little annoyed you hyped that up so much.

I'm sorry that Nazi Scientist Made Out Of Bees Who Is Also A Dinosaur doesn't do it for you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm sorry that Nazi Scientist Made Out Of Bees Who Is Also A Dinosaur doesn't do it for you

You can’t blame me after having seen the Spirit of Vengeance Starbrand Sorcerer Supreme Doom. Now if you could have snuck a symbiote or maybe some power cosmic to the Nazi Scientist Made Out of Bees While Possessing a Dinosaur we’d be in business.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
With the addition of Unmoisturized Bruce Banner what's the total number of Marvel characters that make it to the end of all things?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean not sure what even counts anymore but off the top of my head

banner i guess
thor
franklin richards

does immortus count? he's like "outside of time" or whatever

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Immortal Hulk just continues to knock it out of the park. I trust Al Ewing's writing forever.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

site posted:

i mean not sure what even counts anymore but off the top of my head

banner i guess
thor
franklin richards

does immortus count? he's like "outside of time" or whatever

Galactus.

Groot made it pretty far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Justin Ponsor tribute page is really unfortunately positioned in the digital edition of this month's Squirrel Girl considering this was the footnote on the preceding page

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night posted:

Galactus.

Groot made it pretty far.

i was thinking galactus but he dies in the king thor timeline so i dunno how that shakes out