Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Motherfucker posted:

I think I'd rather be actively against racism than taking it via feeding tube Terri Schiavo style, you weird roach.

Motherfucker posted:

I think I'd rather be actively against racism than taking it via feeding tube Terri Schiavo style, you weird roach.

Here's the thing, I don't think this argument is about racism for you. I don't believe you are arguing in good faith, I believe you are a classic troll and all of your arguments are centered around fomenting strife in the thread and making people angry and have zero basis in any particular ideology. There is nothing I can say that will satisfy you because the only satisfaction you derive is from making people angry. I base this conclusion on your extensive posting history.

I hope the rest of you will forgive me for feeding this particular troll. I will stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Midgetskydiver posted:

They said there is a context where the N word isn't racist.

fwiw the thread they were talking about was very clearly using it in the context that AAVE uses it and i can understand some reluctance to assume the race of the poster.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

If you're gonna bring up Godwin's Law, may as well point out that Mike Godwin pretty solidly thinks modern conservatives deserve to be called nazis

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
you should stop posting then so the thread stops getting bumped up and more people see it and go "oh a neat game"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I use hyperbole and poo poo because we've had this talk a few times and every time its basically been people pointing out the dev's poo poo and ~gamers~ clutching their pearls and objecting that such a humble team of white europeans could never have sinister motives. This ain't the 'academics civilly discussing poo poo' this is me telling you that the mordhau devs are racists.

When I see racists I reject them, you just are a reject.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Maybe we should have two threads and keep all gameplay in here and all games 'journalism' in the other? Nobody is going to change opinions here on either side, might as well just offload it into a containment thread.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Yall acting weird about playing this game when spearing a dude in the skull with a javelin is the only time you personally will ever have an impact on these peoples' lives.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Post your KDR bro.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Is it really Godwin's law when literal neo-nazis are involved?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

He’s bewildered anyone uses it

it such a satisfying kill, the mace. The sound design is on-point when it comes to blunt weapon kills, pulping heads feels so good.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Chivalry 2: Mordhau is Dead

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Someone earlier in the thread said "Chivalry 2: Mordwho?" and I think that's what whoever the OP of that thread should name it

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Babe Magnet posted:

Someone earlier in the thread said "Chivalry 2: Mordwho?" and I think that's what whoever the OP of that thread should name it

gently caress yes.

xblackdog
Dec 19, 2013

Organic Lamb Sauce.
Made for angels, by angels.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Chivalry 2: Mordhau is Dead

Epic Exclusive killed Chivalry 2 already. Especially since devs only take the Epicpill™ if they're in the hole, and know sales will be poo poo.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
was chiv that popular? popular sure, but not massively. makes sense.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

e: everyone and their mother owns Chivalry, though most of them bought it on deep sale and only played it for a couple of hours at most

Captain Beans posted:

He’s bewildered anyone uses it

Follow up with a 1h Warhammer kill

I have a mace character and you need to work for your kills, but it can be effective. The main problem is just the lack of reach, you really need to get up in people's faces.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

was chiv that popular? popular sure, but not massively. makes sense.

Like Mordhau?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

xblackdog posted:

Epic Exclusive killed Chivalry 2 already. Especially since devs only take the Epicpill™ if they're in the hole, and know sales will be poo poo.

Games that would have been Epic Launcher Exclusive if they launched in 2019 -

BattleBorn
Duke Nukem Forever
Daikatana
Rogue Warrior
Limbo of the Lost

Being on the Epic Launcher would be a kiss of death for indie to middling games if not for the very literal bribes you get paid and the steam sales 1 year later.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Phlegmish posted:

I have a mace character and you need to work for your kills, but it can be effective. The main problem is just the lack of reach, you really need to get up in people's faces.

You can throw a mace. Range problem solved (if you have a backup weapon).

edit: removed poo poo because on second thought, let's not stoke the racism fire anymore

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 3, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Phlegmish posted:

e: everyone and their mother owns Chivalry, though most of them bought it on deep sale and only played it for a couple of hours at most

Yea the reach is tough. I once missed a mace swing against a afk player’s head, i swear I was as close as you could get the two player models and the side strike with the mace didnt have the range to hit the head

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Is it just me or the greatsword skins / cosmetic choices all suck?

Compared to the longsword at least. That has one of the coolest skins, while the greatsword claymore skin doesn't really look that hot which makes me sad because greatsword > longsword :(

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I still don't know why i'd ever use the longsword because its still 3 hits to kill an armoured dude and I can do that with the mace in two?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dogstile posted:

I still don't know why i'd ever use the longsword because its still 3 hits to kill an armoured dude and I can do that with the mace in two?

more range, a good stab, and the ability to cleave. and a 2 hit kill on heavy armor when you mordhau it.

the longsword is the the most well rounded weapon in the game imo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Is it actually two? I thought it did 40 per hit to heavy.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Is it just me or the greatsword skins / cosmetic choices all suck?

Compared to the longsword at least. That has one of the coolest skins, while the greatsword claymore skin doesn't really look that hot which makes me sad because greatsword > longsword :(

They key with the greatsword is that the claymore skin is that it's not just a skin but unlocks a bunch of extra skin-specific customization options.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Gobblecoque posted:

They key with the greatsword is that the claymore skin is that it's not just a skin but unlocks a bunch of extra skin-specific customization options.

:aaaaa: buying it now then. Any other skins that do that?

Also,

Roobanguy posted:

more range, a good stab, and the ability to cleave. and a 2 hit kill on heavy armor when you mordhau it.

the longsword is the the most well rounded weapon in the game imo.

it's also the only weapon that can "end him rightly" I think.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 3, 2019

Parachute
May 18, 2003
you can change the arming sword to "viking" style and then you get some different inlay options too iirc

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dogstile posted:

Is it actually two? I thought it did 40 per hit to heavy.

A headshot while mordhaued does 60 damage. So if your good at hitting heads atleast once then 2 hits to kill.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Here, gaze upon some of my medieval dressup dolls:

Hmm now I realize that I use the same helmet for almost everything. It's just that the really cool helmets are extremely expensive and/or level gated :(

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I'm the RONCOLACCIO E GIAVELLOTTI.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TorakFade posted:

:aaaaa: buying it now then. Any other skins that do that?

Zwei and Arming Sword. I haven't bought all the custom poo poo to know if anything else does it but I know I was disappointed that Longsword's Deo skin was just that with no extra customization and ended up switching back to regular Longsword.

I hope they expand Mordhau more I miss things like Chivalry having objectives to burn peasant huts then fight an overpowered dude who got spawned in as king. Add in Middle East.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Disgusting Coward posted:

I'm the RONCOLACCIO E GIAVELLOTTI.

Ah, nice choice, the bane of horses

Shima Honnou posted:

Zwei and Arming Sword. I haven't bought all the custom poo poo to know if anything else does it but I know I was disappointed that Longsword's Deo skin was just that with no extra customization and ended up switching back to regular Longsword.

I hope they expand Mordhau more I miss things like Chivalry having objectives to burn peasant huts then fight an overpowered dude who got spawned in as king. Add in Middle East.

We do have that in frontline (see the blue king and warden in Grad, burning the tents in Mountain Peak, pushing the cart in Camp etc) just it's a bit too simplified and you rarely get to participate in it properly because any match usually devolves into a "control the point"-only TDM race unless one team is really good at "objective play" or just stomping the other into the ground

Yay for Middle East of course, and more objectives/modes would be nice

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 3, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Motherfucker posted:

Chivalry two is coming soon anyhow and I hope it euthanizes this suck puppy once and for all.

I got excited because I didn't know this, but then I saw its gonna be on EGS. Guess I'm waiting til 2021 to play that.

Edit:poo poo just noticed someone just said this above me.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 3, 2019

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol. Its cool that like 90% of these kills are all archers too

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Any trick to being able to consistently unhorse spear horsemen with the billhook and no toolbox? Being caught out in the open sucks and I only unhorse one out of every ten tries vs spears if I'm lucky. Unless I'm on the other side of a bump where my crouch stab has a better chance.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 3, 2019

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

School Nickname posted:

Any trick to being able to CONSISTENTLY unhorse spear horsemen with the billhook and no toolbox? Being caught out in the open sucks adn I only unhorse one out of every ten tries vs spears if I'm lucky.

My success rate billhook vs. spear horsemen is entirely dependent on whether or not I'm able to choose the time and place of the engagement. First off, I only use stabs to attack horsemen with the billhook, if someone can show me that swings are somehow better, I'm willing to learn, but myself, I only use stabs. If at all possible I'm going to try to attack them from the side as they pass by, where I'm not the target of their charge. In this situation, it's key to aim in front of the rider and use your stab drag ability to compensate if you happen to have aimed too far ahead.

If the rider is bearing down directly towards me, but I can see he's going to hit someone else before he gets to me, I'm going to stand my ground, wait for him to kill the other guy and I'm going to stab him in the chest before his spear is able to couch again.

If I'm unlucky and out of position and the rider is bearing directly down on me, I'm going to try my hardest to move to my right and his left to hopefully avoid his spear. I'm going to stab as I'm side stepping and hope that the gods of online play are going to decide that I hit him before he hit me. This should not work, as a couched spear has a longer range than a billhook, but I'll be damned if it does work about 50% of the time.

There are three keys to success. 1) Positioning, 2) Timing, and 3) Aim. Positioning, you want to attack from the side, or at least the side where the spear is not. Timing, you want to stab earlier than you think you need to because if the horse forcefield hits you, you're done. Aim, you want to aim for the rider not the horse...that said, the rider's legs count, and often times you can stab directly through the horse's body/head and it will hit the rider, triggering the billhook's effect of unhorsing the rider.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Aim your poke to hit the horse right in the nose.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Swing or stab earlier than you think you need to, and don't stand still

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
if they're couched sprint to the side opposite of their weapon hand as they approach, because that technically shortens their reach just by a bit. Stab with the billhook early. Smart ones will abort their attack on you when they see you doing this, and those are the ones that'll be able to stab you maybe 50% of the time with the couches, but they'll mostly avoid you for easier targets. Dumb ones will just try to go at you as fast as possible and you should be able to kill them 100% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Not against spears, but the second kill you can see a thrust that goes through the horse's head and hits the rider. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjplyvrtLU