Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My fix:

EDIT!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK so like I know these are only like $20 but I really like them and I'm worried how well they'd hold up?

I really wanna buy a pair but I'd at least like to wear them a few times lol

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

All it needs is "on my way to steal ur man".

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

MarcusSA posted:

OK so like I know these are only like $20 but I really like them and I'm worried how well they'd hold up?

I really wanna buy a pair but I'd at least like to wear them a few times lol

The eyelets started ripping the first time I wore them, so be prepared to reinforce those at least.

You can dispute for a few days after you confirm receipt, so if they fall apart you could try to get some money back I think.

This is great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Slammy posted:

The eyelets started ripping the first time I wore them, so be prepared to reinforce those at least.

You can dispute for a few days after you confirm receipt, so if they fall apart you could try to get some money back I think.

This is great.

Ah ok that's right you said that... I mean they look really nice and they are only $20....

drat this thread.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Here you go:

:aliexpress:

No idea what anyone will use it for, but at least it's a bit of money towards Lowtax's new spine.

Edit: sadly, it looks like the hover text only shows up on the smilie page. It's this, in case anyone can't be bothered to look:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

All it needs is "on my way to steal ur man".

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, so what happened here is that people really liked this Mother 3 save frog

They liked it so much that they started making fanart and memes about it

Then somebody made merch of it

Then people saw pictures of the merch and started making fanart and memes about it

And then somebody made merch based on the memes and fanart, and now people are making memes and fanart based on that merch.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:aliexpress: has global appeal it seems.

TOOT TOOT.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

:aliexpress:

I found my frog :unsmith:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Bought pins today but not that one though it's interesting to see the evolution of it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I did my due diligence, and it looks like the original artist's pin is no longer available, so I went ahead and bought the Ali version with a clear conscience. :aliexpress:

I tracked another pin on my wishlist to an artist page on Etsy, so I bought it there instead. It cost more, but that's okay. Bonus: It also happened to come in a much cooler colorway.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i don't even LIKE pins but i want in on the frog party. it's like a secret society

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Price went up three cents since it was posted! Seller's all :homebrew: with the goon rush orders

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pity you can't buy knockoffs of the plush toy since it's been gone for a while.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Ok having confirmation that frog car pin is in fact the Mother 3 reference I suspected it was pushed me over the edge into buying it. I will join the secret society of save frog proudly.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Killingyouguy! posted:

i don't even LIKE pins but i want in on the frog party. it's like a secret society

Pasketti posted:

I will join the secret society of save frog proudly.

Hang on, something's off about this. I don't know what, it just doesn't feel good man

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 3, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:aliexpress: TOOT *does the two finger 'I got my eyes on you' gesture* VROOM

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I’m going to cave and buy one too. It will go well with my love laugh love skeletor pin at work.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes!!! Get dat frog!!!

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

I bought a frog pin to go with the Solaire of Astoria pin from Wish that mysteriously got posted through my door a few weeks ago. Didn't even order it, thanks China!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got a frog too, to put with all the other pins I don't do anything with

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

makes me think that a kickstarter for all the SA emojis as pins might work. not sure about copyright etc though

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

mike12345 posted:

makes me think that a kickstarter for all the SA emojis as pins might work. not sure about copyright etc though

ill setup the wiki

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Someone actually did make a bunch of SA emoticon pins a few years back and sold them on the forums. I bought a few when they were clearing out their stock and shutting down, but I ended up giving most of them away since I have several goony friends irl. :confuoot:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

There was another one like a decade ago, I still have :eng101: and :science: somewhere. Never actually used them for anything but still kinda cool.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

When I get home I'll create a :aliexpress: gang tag with "on my way to steal ur man"
I'm thinking of adding KC Green's Cool Frog (sans dolphin) on a skateboard and calling the whole thing "The Drive-by Amphibians"

Feel free to give your opinions and also how do you use a gang tag anyway?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

PokeJoe posted:

I got a frog too, to put with all the other pins I don't do anything with

Pins on the pin pile, patches in the patch bag, that’s my move.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

By popular demand posted:

also how do you use a gang tag anyway?

No idea but I want one, maybe one for each of my three pins.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

When I get home I'll create a :aliexpress: gang tag with "on my way to steal ur man"
I'm thinking of adding KC Green's Cool Frog (sans dolphin) on a skateboard and calling the whole thing "The Drive-by Amphibians"

Feel free to give your opinions and also how do you use a gang tag anyway?

I think (based on my losing my Zaurg/AFP ones and people being like "it's just a link!) I think it's an image link in one's avatar text?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:aliexpress: AliExpress: here comes dat pin :aliexpress:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I think (based on my losing my Zaurg/AFP ones and people being like "it's just a link!) I think it's an image link in one's avatar text?

yes, but it has to be an image hosted on sa, so unless mods do something behind the scenes, some account needs to have the gangtag as an avatar image, then other people can link to that image in their texts

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Doc Hawkins posted:

yes, but it has to be an image hosted on sa, so unless mods do something behind the scenes, some account needs to have the gangtag as an avatar image, then other people can link to that image in their texts

Would it work if someone uploaded it as an image using the SA image uploader?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Shut up Meg posted:

Would it work if someone uploaded it as an image using the SA image uploader?

No -- it has to be an avatar.

But once it's been uploaded once as somebody's avatar, anybody can add it to their avatar via an img tag.

So the first person has to buy two avatars for themselves. The first to upload the tag, and the second to restore their old avatar with the gang tag underneath. (You can just link your old avatar image if you like -- that way you can also enclose it in a url tag, or put stuff above it.)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Work in progress:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Bees on Wheat posted:

Someone actually did make a bunch of SA emoticon pins a few years back and sold them on the forums. I bought a few when they were clearing out their stock and shutting down, but I ended up giving most of them away since I have several goony friends irl. :confuoot:

I seem to remember they were always sold out of :imunfunny: which was the one I really wanted. They’d be good as a fundraiser.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Work in progress:

Awwww this is really cute!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1146521715113168903

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing it's a quartz massage set. Rollers, weird shaped tool to do deep tissue. Hippy magic on top to double the effectiveness.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a face roller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

you scoop out the ear wax with the guitar pick, then you spread it with the roller