Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

Oh boy this is not going to go well. Federal judge get mad.

federal judge already mad, it's hilarious

edit: poo poo, from too many pages ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

She is so loving useless. Open some investigations, Nancy. Jesus.

She'd rather be the captain of a sinking ship, than a passenger on a floating one.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

GreyjoyBastard posted:

federal judge already mad, it's hilarious

edit: poo poo, from too many pages ago

I got u

https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/1145860139154583552?s=20

Also traffic in DC is insane, fences everywhere, goddamn *tanks* in the road, what is happening i just got home

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They are on his side

they are not on his side. the question degrades the value of the data the census bureau intends to collect

republican politicians want the question to tamper with the census to tilt the distribution of house seats in their favor. the census bureau wants to produce accurate data

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Legit can't tell if this makes CNN less or more lovely:

https://twitter.com/petersterne/status/1146566033534267392

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

ewiley posted:

I got u

https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/1145860139154583552?s=20

Also traffic in DC is insane, fences everywhere, goddamn *tanks* in the road, what is happening i just got home

Also that goddamn guy with the 'build the wall' trailer festooned with trump 2020 flags was parked across from my office, this goddamn country. gently caress being in DC during toruist season, double gently caress it during a Trump rally :|

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/1146558535049736192?s=21

a literal wikipedia article quote on antifa would be a step up

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Fart Amplifier posted:

Republicans know that Trump will probably lose 2020 and nullifying a solidly Republican SCOTUS will not be within their interest

lol forever if you don't think SCOTUS can be ignored for the next 2 years and immediately followed once there's a Democratic president because we need "a return to the normal order of our democracy".

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

lol forever if you don't think SCOTUS can be ignored for the next 2 years and immediately followed once there's a Democratic president because we need "a return to the normal order of our democracy".

Watch Trump pack the court

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
That rape judge ruling is depressing as hell, but 16 years olds shouldn't be tried as adults ever. Why else have those rules on the books

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

TulliusCicero posted:

Watch Trump pack the court

Hello lame duck season!

^^^^
I agree in general, but if a 16 year old shoots up his school, he shouldn't ever be let out.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mr Interweb posted:

More, as it has been continually used and broadcasted to millions upon millions since 2017 without any oversight

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They are on his side

Not in this particular case though.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Also the second there's a Democratic president the blue slips are gonna be used for blocking judges again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Hello lame duck season!

Oh I'm not saying the Republicans would let him succeed, but why not let him ineffectually flail about and make our argument for us? :getin:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Gonna poop on McConnell and Trump's graves.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

Ye who twit, yell at them loudly and constantly.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

I get it, but the Supreme Court is not the little guy, it's the highest court in the land. It'd be a hell of a thing for them to overrule their own decision within days of making it. I suppose the DoJ can try.

His MO is not rational now, but it worked before for him. So he's doing it again. The immediate goal for him is not victory, but delay, of course.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1146586282782535685

Holy gently caress they stole it....

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
After Pride Comes Wrath Month — Here's How to Celebrate.

The Nazis Destroyed & Erased the History of the First Gay Rights Movement #NeverForget

The White House Demands That All ‘Haters’ Leave Princess Ivanka Alone

Italian judge says German captain acted to protect human life: ruling

36 Jewish Activists Were Arrested While Protesting an ICE Detention Center in New Jersey

"On Sunday, June 30, 36 Jewish protesters were arrested after blocking the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in Elizabeth, New Jersey, in response to reports of the horrific conditions the children there are facing. The protesters — members of the Never Again Action group, a group of Jews that are working to “never let anything like the Holocaust ever happen again” — partnered with immigrant rights group Movimiento Cosecha to organize the protest."

Protesters demand the closure of immigrant detention centers

"The #CloseTheCamps protests on Tuesday were organized by MoveOn and other public policy and immigration advocacy organizations, including United We Dream, American Friends Service Committee and Families Belong Together. According to MoveOn, over 175 mobilizations were scheduled to take place in cities including Chicago, New York City, Minneapolis, Denver and Austin, Texas."

Alternative tax:
Native Americans revive squash from seeds found in an 800-year-old pot

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

When did dems get so cool? :monocle:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1146516501731504128

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/1146558535049736192?s=21

a literal wikipedia article quote on antifa would be a step up
I think calling Peter Cvjetanovic a white nationalist from Charlottesville really undersells how ridiculous this is.

Imagine an image of a torch-wielding American nazi yelling. That's him. That's Peter Cvjetanovic. That's the guy CNN used as a source in their profile of antifa.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

He hosed up by making the shoe look good

Also the Betsy Ross flag controversy is maybe the dumbest uspol thing in the past 6 years, we all know the KKK used the flag because people were still alive who remembered the South losing the civil war. Once they cleaned up the image and got the southern myth started they switched back to the Confederate flag. I really don't get why this has blown up like it has but whatever

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Grapplejack posted:

Also the Betsy Ross flag controversy is maybe the dumbest uspol thing in the past 6 years, we all know the KKK used the flag because people were still alive who remembered the South losing the civil war. Once they cleaned up the image and got the southern myth started they switched back to the Confederate flag. I really don't get why this has blown up like it has but whatever

Huh.

Learn something new every day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grapplejack posted:

There are going to be Betsy Ross flags at every Trump rally.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

This is going to be a shitshow.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

This story super-owns and I wish I was both as brave and as seahardy.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I really don't get why this has blown up like it has but whatever

It involves Kaepernick. He had brought it to Nike's attention that using the Betsy Ross flag would cause some concern. Conservatives love to seize on a "controversy" like this because "ARE FLAG AND ARE TROOPS!!!!" provides some cover for the opportunity to yet again beat up on a black guy who has the audacity to protest police brutality toward minority populations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1146593069594271745

Is that true?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What percentage of the absentees did Katz win?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah I didn't know that either, interesting

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the candidate heavily favored by minority voters winning? thats statistically impossible

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I see Betsy Ross flags all the time in New England, but usually on old houses that date back to the Revolution.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

ewiley posted:

Also that goddamn guy with the 'build the wall' trailer festooned with trump 2020 flags was parked across from my office, this goddamn country. gently caress being in DC during toruist season, double gently caress it during a Trump rally :|

I really hope it wasn’t blaring music while parked, because it sure was when driving around. Gave me similar vibes to the anti abortion van covered in gross images that tries to stay parked outside the White House.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
DA Rollins Won’t Prosecute 18 Protesters Arrested At Boston’s ICE Detention Center

"BOSTON (CBS) – The 18 protesters arrested after a demonstration outside the ICE detention center in Dorchester Tuesday evening won’t be prosecuted, a spokeswoman for Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins said.

The protest against the Trump administration’s immigration policies and migrant camps at the border lasted for hours. A crowd of hundreds walked from the Holocaust Memorial to the detention center located at the Suffolk County House of Corrections, where the arrests happened."

“All 18 individuals appeared this morning in Roxbury Municipal Court, where Suffolk prosecutors filed a nolle prosequie prior to arraignment in each of their cases,” spokeswoman Renee Algarin said in a statement Wednesday. “This filing formally ends prosecution in each case.”

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Calibanibal posted:

the candidate heavily favored by minority voters winning? thats statistically impossible

Katz: "the candidate heavily favored by (a) minority (of) voters winning? thats statistically impossible

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This story super-owns and I wish I was both as brave and as seahardy.

Meanwhile:

Scott Warren of No More Deaths Faces Retrial for Providing Humanitarian Aid to Migrants in Arizona

"Federal prosecutors announced Tuesday they will retry humanitarian aid volunteer and immigration rights activist Scott Warren on two charges related to aiding migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border. This comes just a few weeks after a jury refused to convict Warren for providing water, food, clean clothes and beds to two undocumented migrants crossing the Sonoran Desert in southern Arizona. Eight jurors found Warren not guilty; four said he was. Federal prosecutors will make their case against Warren again in an 8-day jury trial in November. They have dropped a conspiracy charge against him. If convicted on the two felony migrant harboring charges, Warren faces up to 10 years in prison."

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Katt posted:

The books specifically exclude action scenes so it can skip ahead to another long classroom propaganda speech on why fascism is good.

I like the part where it claims that only veterans should vote and hold political officer because by their nature they hold society as more important than themselves (having risked their life to defend it)

Except that veteran soldiers are about as likely (if not more) to be warmongers as any civilian official. How often are the generals the voice of restraint when a civilian leader wants to go to war?

Have you paid any attention to how the current presidency has played out?

Trump has fired all the generals around him because they keep holding him back from starting crazy wars.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Charlz Guybon posted:

Have you paid any attention to how the current presidency has played out?

Trump has fired all the generals around him because they keep holding him back from starting crazy wars.

What generals has he fired?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Otteration posted:

Meanwhile:

Scott Warren of No More Deaths Faces Retrial for Providing Humanitarian Aid to Migrants in Arizona

"Federal prosecutors announced Tuesday they will retry humanitarian aid volunteer and immigration rights activist Scott Warren on two charges related to aiding migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border. This comes just a few weeks after a jury refused to convict Warren for providing water, food, clean clothes and beds to two undocumented migrants crossing the Sonoran Desert in southern Arizona. Eight jurors found Warren not guilty; four said he was. Federal prosecutors will make their case against Warren again in an 8-day jury trial in November. They have dropped a conspiracy charge against him. If convicted on the two felony migrant harboring charges, Warren faces up to 10 years in prison."

Is this not double jeopardy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Is this not double jeopardy?

He wasn’t found not guilty, it was a mistrial.