Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Part of me wants to go and gently caress with the guys stuck with the Bradleys and Abramseseses. Find the most junior guy there and start asking him bullshit "did they ever fix (fake issue)?" questions.

"Did they ever fix the random ammo cook-off issue?"

"Ever do your time as the bilge rat? What? You don't know? Every three months you have to float a Bradley down a river to make sure the seals are still good. You put a guy in the bilge to make sure it's not flooding too quickly and that the pumps are working."

"When was the last time you checked the armor for weak spots?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You ever see what burning aluminum does to human flesh?

Wanna find out?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

Road asphalt is actually pretty soft, in the grand scheme of things. It's not designed for 60 ton tracked vehicles, it's designed for cars and trucks, and even then they screw it up after a relatively short time.

All I'm hearing is it's infrastructure weak

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the new trump tank is just that pile of poo poo from the abu hajaar video

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

the new trump tank is just that pile of poo poo from the abu hajaar video

just gonna relink it because tactical rolling loving kills me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jPTrS-7d14

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Saint Celestine posted:

Wrong. USS Texas was also at D-Day and is still afloat.

Not for long, probably.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

i love that there is just so much poo poo everywhere they can't find anything they need lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange juche posted:

the part that gets me is hajaar just resting that loving MG3 on the rail and it bumping off during a burst, probably causing a couple ricochets inside the tub, and then later spraying the dude with hot brass

you can just hear the pain and frustration in his voice lmao

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

July 2019 Events: Tank you for your service

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wingnut Ninja posted:

July 2019 Events: Tank you for your cervix

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

It kills him too

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Galaxy Brain: The symbolism is that they're undermining civilian control of the military

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Feds lost their info on Stormfront lmfao

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

facialimpediment posted:

Hahahahahahaha this loving judge is angry.

That judge has really thought about how she might have to handle Facebook in her courtroom, lol

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Stravag posted:

Is he ever not? Didnt he beat Obama's time golfing in all 8 years in his first?

Old news now, I guess, but playing golf with Donnie can be a slightly unorthodox experience:

quote:

Not long after becoming president, Trump invited Woods, Dustin Johnson (the No. 1 player in the world at the time), and longtime Tour pro and Fox golf analyst Brad Faxon to play.

They set up a bet: Faxon and Trump against Woods and Johnson. But because Woods and Johnson are so preposterously long off the tee, they decided Faxon and Trump could tee off the middle tees. Trump would get a stroke subtracted on the eight hardest holes; everybody else would play scratch. Off they went.

“On this one hole, Donald hits his second and fats it into the water,” Faxon remembers. “But he quickly says to me, ‘Hey, throw me another ball; they weren’t looking.’ So I do. But he fats that one into the water, too. So he drives up and drops where he should’ve dropped the first time and hits it on the green.”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the fairway, Woods, being Woods, has hit his approach to a foot from the hole for a kick-in birdie. Everybody’s on the green now, with Trump about 20 feet from the hole, and getting a stroke. Trump said, “So, where does everybody stand here?”

FAXON: “Well, Tiger just made a three. What’s that [putt] for, Mr. President?”

TRUMP: “Four for a three.”

Faxon had to laugh because Trump was actually putting for a seven, but he was claiming it was for a four, which would’ve worked out to a three with his free stroke on the hole.

“How great is that?” Faxon recalled. “Four for a three! But he missed it anyway. It was really fun to play with him. He rakes [picks up] every putt [as if it’s conceded], but you kind of want him to. You’ve heard so much about it, it’s almost like you want to witness it so you can tell the stories.”

quote:

“Afterwards,” Tirico remembers, “Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5? It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it into the bunker. I watched him do it.’”

https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/04/02/how-why-president-trump-cheats-golf-playing-tiger-woods/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

Old news now, I guess, but playing golf with Donnie can be a slightly unorthodox experience:

https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/04/02/how-why-president-trump-cheats-golf-playing-tiger-woods/

How does this guy command so much respect and fear that people just loving put up with him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Might makes right is their mindset

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Might makes right is their mindset

quote:

“I played with him once,” says Bryan Marsal, longtime Winged Foot member and chair of the coming 2020 Men’s U.S. Open. “It was a Saturday morning game. We go to the first tee and he couldn’t have been nicer. But then he said, ‘You see those two guys? They cheat. See me? I cheat. And I expect you to cheat because we’re going to beat those two guys today.’… So, yes, it’s true, he’s going to cheat you. But I think Donald, in his heart of hearts, believes that you’re gonna cheat him, too. So if it’s the same, if everybody’s cheating, he doesn’t see it as really cheating.”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's somehow more horrifying than what I said

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

It really is :cripes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's somehow more horrifying than what I said

There's a whole book on it, from Rick Reilly.

Article: https://www.vox.com/2019/5/10/18524172/donald-trump-commander-in-cheat-rick-reilly
Book: https://www.amazon.com/Commander-Ch...ps%2C151&sr=8-1

The best way to think of it: he didn't get enough hugs as a child, so everyone else successful must be loving him. Therefore, it's his life goal to gently caress them first, because they're going to gently caress him if he doesn't. That's what he does in golf, it's what he does in life, and it's what he does in politics. He just automatically assumes that all of the garbage things he does on a daily basis is already done or being done by his opposition.

Hug your loving kids.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Article: https://www.vox.com/2019/5/10/18524172/donald-trump-commander-in-cheat-rick-reilly

The best way to think of it: he didn't get enough hugs as a child, so everyone else successful must be loving him. Therefore, it's his life goal to gently caress them first, because they're going to gently caress him if he doesn't. That's what he does in golf, it's what he does in life, and it's what he does in politics. He just automatically assumes that all of the garbage things he does on a daily basis is already done or being done by his opposition.

Hug your loving kids.

Reminds me of all the worst clients at work.

What's the name of the documentary about the trump organization descending on a Scottish village and turning it into a golf resort? I remember reading a review of it back when I'd never heard of the guy except as a Mad magazine one liner. Didn't seem relevant at the time...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Veteran’s wife dies. Vet notifies VA. VA sends vet’s dead wife a condolence letter, declares vet dead, ends benefit payments, takes vet’s bank account balance as “overpayment”

https://www.winknews.com/2019/07/02/veterans-wife-dies-va-declares-him-dead-takes-away-his-benefits/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Overplayed their hands. A few more visits to the VA and nobody would have suspected a thing

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Overplayed their hands. A few more visits to the VA and nobody would have suspected a thing

... what?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did the VA ever pay back the people it stiffed on tuition? Last I recall they claimed it would be too hard for them to process so many transactions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

McNally posted:

... what?

Because then he'd be dead for real.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

She's got a keen eye. Not too many people realize that Bradleys aren't really tanks.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RealSheriffJoe/status/1146512523648090112?s=19

Isn't that an M109?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Hug your loving kids.

Holy poo poo Rick Reilly finally did something of value.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

:patriot: Happy Traitors Day you filthy colonials. :patriot:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
9th Court of Appeals upholds ban on Anger Mango's use of Pentagon funds

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-trump-pentagon-money-border-wall-court-20190704-cng5sden5feclf476jadykmfc4-story.html

quote:

An appeals court on Wednesday upheld a freeze on Pentagon money to build a border wall with Mexico, casting doubt on President Donald Trump's ability to make good on a signature campaign promise before the 2020 election.

A divided three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco agreed with a lower court ruling that prevented the government from tapping Defense Department counterdrug money to build high-priority sections of wall in Arizona, California and New Mexico.

The decision is a setback for Trump's ambitious plans. He ended a 35-day government shutdown in February after Congress gave him far less than he wanted. He then declared a national emergency that the White House said would free billions of dollars from the Pentagon.

The case may still be considered, but the administration cannot build during the legal challenge.

"As for the public interest, we conclude that it is best served by respecting the Constitution's assignment of the power of the purse to Congress, and by deferring to Congress's understanding of the public interest as reflected in its repeated denial of more funding for border barrier construction," wrote Judges Michelle Friedland, a Barack Obama appointee, and Richard Clifton, a George W. Bush appointee.

A freeze imposed by U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam Jr. of Oakland in May prevented work on two Pentagon-funded wall contracts — one spanning 46 miles in New Mexico and another covering 5 miles in Yuma, Arizona.

While the order applied only to those first-in-line projects, Gilliam made clear that he felt the American Civil Liberties Union was likely to prevail in their argument that Trump ignored Congress’ wishes by diverting Defense Department money.

Gilliam went a step further Friday by ruling definitively that the administration couldn’t use Pentagon counterdrug money for the two projects covered in his May order or to replace 63 miles in the Border Patrol’s Tucson, Arizona, sector and 15 miles in its El Centro, California, sector.

The administration immediately appealed.

N. Randy Smith, a George W. Bush appointee, strongly disagreed with the appeals court ruling, saying it misread constitutional separation of powers.

"The majority here takes an uncharted and risky approach — turning every question of whether an executive officer exceeded a statutory grant of power into a constitutional issue," he wrote in his dissent. "This approach is in contradiction to the most fundamental concepts of judicial review."

The Justice Department didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday. Its attorneys argued that the freeze on Pentagon funds showed a "fundamental misunderstanding of the federal appropriations process."

The ACLU, which represented the Sierra Club and Southern Border Communities Coalition, applauded the decision.

"For the sake of our democracy and border communities, it's time the president come to terms with the fact that America rejected his xenophobic wall — and move on," said ACLU attorney Dror Ladin.

At stake is billions of dollars that would allow Trump to make progress on a major 2016 campaign promise heading into his race for a second term.

Trump declared a national emergency after losing a fight with the Democratic-led House that led to the 35-day shutdown. Congress agreed to spend nearly $1.4 billion on barriers in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, the busiest corridor for illegal crossings, which was well below the $5.7 billion the president requested.

Trump grudgingly accepted the money but declared the emergency to siphon cash from other government accounts, finding up to $8.1 billion for wall construction. The money includes $3.6 billion from military construction funds, $2.5 billion from Defense Department counterdrug activities and $600 million from the Treasury Department's asset forfeiture fund.

Acting Defense Secretary Mark Esper has yet to approve transferring the military construction funds. The Treasury Department funds have so far survived legal challenges.

The president's adversaries say the emergency declaration was an illegal attempt to ignore Congress.

The administration said the U.S. needed emergency protection to fight drug smuggling. Its arguments did not mention illegal immigration or unprecedented numbers of Central American families seeking asylum at the U.S. border , which have dominated public attention in recent months.

The administration has awarded $2.8 billion in contracts for barriers covering 247 miles, with all but 17 miles of that to replace existing barriers not expand coverage. It is preparing for a flurry of construction that the president is already celebrating at campaign-style rallies.

Trump inherited barriers spanning 654 miles, or about one-third of the border with Mexico. Of the miles covered under Trump-awarded contracts, more than half is with Pentagon money.

The Army Corps of Engineers recently announced several large Pentagon-funded contacts.

SLSCO Ltd. of Galveston, Texas, won a $789 million award to replace the New Mexico barrier. Southwest Valley Constructors of Albuquerque, New Mexico, won a $646 million award for the work in Tucson. Barnard Construction Co. of Bozeman, Montana, won a $141.8 million contract to replace barrier in Yuma and El Centro.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Theres a 27 year old nurses assistant in the sauna at a 24 hour fitness I'm in who is going to bootcamp in August to be a combat medic. His husband is 23 and very proud of him.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Waroduce posted:

Theres a 27 year old nurses assistant in the sauna at a 24 hour fitness I'm in who is going to bootcamp in August to be a combat medic. His husband is 23 and very proud of him.

o7

I wonder if dependa problems extend to gay couples too?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Arc Light posted:

She's got a keen eye. Not too many people realize that Bradleys aren't really tanks.

it's a troop carrier, general.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bengy81 posted:

o7

I wonder if dependa problems extend to gay couples too?

The minute he swears in at meps

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Brute Squad posted:

it's a troop carrier, general.

Why couldn't it serve as a scout?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/BishopCosplay/status/1146842420526702597?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

florida lan posted:

Why couldn't it serve as a scout?

If it's got such good optics, let's put some anti-tank missiles on it, turn it into a tank destroyer!