Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Guess I'll work on the postgame dungeons tomorrow since maintenance is starting.

Glad I got to catch up with my Red Mage mentor, though!

ChaseSP posted:

I'm kinda glad Fatcat and her husband got gokd development and turns out they're relatively okay people. Love her husband nerding out over Talos despite insisting he's no good anymore.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

your name, sir?

meow. james meow.

very good sir. your ride is here.

excellent. thank you jeeves.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like Monk’s positionals for the most part because it means you’re always moving and it makes the way they fight super distinct imo. It feels more like a dance than dancer does.

Though there’s still definitely times where it feels like it’s too much trouble.

If your tank is moving a boss a bunch and you're having problems lining up your positionals it's the tank's fault (usually).

I always tank in MSQ/allyrou because pubbie tanks really like to move and it's very annoying as DPS so I feel like I'm giving back. Most fights, the tank doesn't move an inch from start to finish and the aoe they're trying to avoid is like 3% of your total HP pool in damage. And if you're clever and good at using hallowed ground and its ilk, you can avoid moving on almost every fight.

jokes fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 4, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Well, this is all good to hear, because I made a rabbit girl monk about 2 days ago.
Trying to line up rear attack is actually a pain in the rear end, because I'm never sure if the hit actually counted as a back attack.
The secret is the target ring shows you where the rear is, it's the part of the circle where the line tapers off. As long as you hit that button in the blank you're cool for rears.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Monk is really cool

in addition to everything that has been said though, they also go fast. You're not just juggling buffs/debuffs and positionals, you're doing it really quickly because of greased lightning. You don't really get a good idea of what the job is like until you're 50 imo, I had dismissed it as kinda disappointing when trying it in ARR but after actually leveling it all the way to 50 and beyond on my new character I think it's awesome and one of the more distinctive jobs. It gets real john madden though, so for me who likes RDM it's one of the more difficult jobs :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

And yeah they barely add poo poo to MNK, but chakras after SB with brotherhood and deep meditation is a mechanic that is just fun. It's just crit procs but I love hearing that ping as your fifth chakra opens and you get to press the big button again.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Your Computer posted:

Monk is really cool

in addition to everything that has been said though, they also go fast. You're not just juggling buffs/debuffs and positionals, you're doing it really quickly because of greased lightning. You don't really get a good idea of what the job is like until you're 50 imo, I had dismissed it as kinda disappointing when trying it in ARR but after actually leveling it all the way to 50 and beyond on my new character I think it's awesome and one of the more distinctive jobs. It gets real john madden though, so for me who likes RDM it's one of the more difficult jobs :v:

Like, how John Madden we talking? Wrath-era Feral Druid?

E:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Definitely interested in an Aether linkshell, Im on Adamantoise as well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Regarding a post-credits scene, I have a theory about how things in Garlemald are going to go down.

Varis dying is going to cause a War of Succession, of course. In the chaos, the Ascians will likely mold that into turning Garlemald's prayers for a new emperor to quell the in-fighting into a Primal version of Varis, ala the final boss of Final Fantasy II.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm down for an Aether linkshell but I'm currently out of town so it may be a few days before I can accept an invite, depending on how soon you end up making it.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
My favorite new thing about WHM is secretly hoping my allies take damage so I can look like I'm not blowing my Lilies just to get to Afflatus Misery faster.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh my.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Regarding a post-credits scene, I have a theory about how things in Garlemald are going to go down.

Varis dying is going to cause a War of Succession, of course. In the chaos, the Ascians will likely mold that into turning Garlemald's prayers for a new emperor to quell the in-fighting into a Primal version of Varis, ala the final boss of Final Fantasy II.

I like this idea, the Garleans summoning a primal emperor would be delicious karma.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Post-MSQ spoiler
Garleans have no capability to manipulate aether, so being able to summon a primal would be surprising. I think it's more a way to remove Garlemald from the world-ending threat, with Zenos back on the hunt and an Elidibus squad being formed.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

While I'm sure aether manipulation plays a role in it, there's plenty of non-Garlean imperial citizens who have fully bought into the Empire.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Post-MSQ spoiler
Garleans have no capability to manipulate aether, so being able to summon a primal would be surprising. I think it's more a way to remove Garlemald from the world-ending threat, with Zenos back on the hunt and an Elidibus squad being formed.

I'm sure Elidibus would be happy to provide some magitech to overcome that.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Post-MSQ spoiler

I think that new Emperor Zenos will bloodlessly take the throne (thanks to the "he's not dead see!" campaign by Elididididdidbdius) and is going to just embrace a cold war between the Alliance/Empire while he (or him and an action squad) scheme and do poo poo to hunt the WoL/Scions. We get duties to fight small-scale conflicts, maybe some one-on-ones and ample opportunity to team up and fight Ascians since Zenos is vehemently anti-Ascian.

Major spoilers: I imagine the Black Rose will be relegated to one of those Ascian fights. It robs whoever of aether, right? So I imagine we'll like push an Ascian into a tub of black rose and it dies forever that way. poo poo it killed the WoL in the future, and we're apparently an Ascian with amnesia or some sort of good-guy affliction.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BRD players, what's the class like now? At what point does it start to get interesting? I've got an ARC at like 19 and am struggling to motivate myself to continue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

your name, sir?

meow. james meow.
I love this. The Best Man's Suit is way better than the Bridesmaid outfit and I'm so glad it's cross-gender.

edit: Going through the old thread looking at some of my glams and I think this was honestly one of my favorites pre-Fantasia even though I didn't use it much:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I hate the typewriter on the MCH's waist. Really fucks up my gun glams.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

jokes posted:

Yes, times a million

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FactsAreUseless posted:

BRD players, what's the class like now? At what point does it start to get interesting? I've got an ARC at like 19 and am struggling to motivate myself to continue.

I'd say it get interesting once you start getting your songs, then you get the proc madness.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

BRD is like the opposite of MNK in that it gets majorly hosed up every expansion and they push the ball further down the field everytime. I like BRD but at this point it's pretty boring before 60 when it picks up it's DoT game

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm sad about downtime. Just hit 80 and got my AF, finished my daily roulettes for tomes and was about to finish the MSQ. Robbed of joy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You gross 200 Million in subscriptions a month why are your servers junk?

Seriously, I'm having to wait a literal hour before I can log into the game.

For a company with 17 million players at 12-14 dollars a month you would think your servers would be i don't know...

somewhere in the realm of good, this happens every single patch and every single launch your servers are always less then what you need...

You need 4 servers per EVERY single world in every single data center and 4 more servers running V-motion so that failing servers can be hot swapped without down time in addition to the 4 that run each world mirrored for a total of 4 mirrored servers and 4 fail over servers.

'Our servers are reaching capacity" is not an excuse for a company that grosses 200 million. If you cant run the traffic, buy more servers. Literally that simple.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orange juche posted:

For a company with 17 million players at 12-14 dollars a month you would think your servers would be i don't know...

somewhere in the realm of good, this happens every single patch and every single launch your servers are always less then what you need...

You need 4 servers per EVERY single world in every single data center and 4 more servers running V-motion so that failing servers can be hot swapped without down time in addition to the 4 that run each world mirrored for a total of 4 mirrored servers and 4 fail over servers.

'Our servers are reaching capacity" is not an excuse for a company that grosses 200 million. If you cant run the traffic, buy more servers. Literally that simple.
\

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Annath posted:

Like, how John Madden we talking? Wrath-era Feral Druid?

E:

even at max speed FFXIV is still FFXIV, but it's a lot of buttons to press and things to keep track of while also doing mechanics. I haven't started ShB yet so I have no idea how fast it goes with the fourth stack but I'm a bit scared

jokes posted:

that reminds me, I only just unlocked MCH and had a look at some of their equipment. Does every single gun really have the same toolbelt(?) on the hip? Are you doomed to have that thing clash with every glamour? :ohdear:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

orange juche posted:

Source your quote

If you're the source: it's down for maint, Einstein

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Computer posted:

that reminds me, I only just unlocked MCH and had a look at some of their equipment. Does every single gun really have the same toolbelt(?) on the hip? Are you doomed to have that thing clash with every glamour? :ohdear:
Yes and it looks great with plenty

I don't understand the complaint

S.J.
May 19, 2008

actually it's awful

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
it's just always been a Thing in this thread to copy paste whiny forums post don't worry about it.

This is the smoothest MMO launch I've ever experienced though for real.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

S.J. posted:

actually it's awful
I guess I can get why people would dislike it but I love basically anything that adds asymmetry to the outfits, it makes glams way more interesting.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes and it looks great with plenty

I don't understand the complaint
It's a very distinctive aesthetic, and one I'm not really fond of. I'm sure it goes well with the different Allagan gear and stuff that I'm also not fond of :v:

Shiny metal and blue LEDs just isn't my style

Fishes_Swim
Aug 18, 2003

Free the rigatoni
Count me as another interested in an Aether linkshell.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Computer posted:

It's a very distinctive aesthetic, and one I'm not really fond of. I'm sure it goes well with the different Allagan gear and stuff that I'm also not fond of :v:

Here are a few of my old ones, so you can judge for yourself whether I got the ammo box to work. I don't like it on the third one, but that wasn't a strong glamour overall anyway.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Nessus posted:

Source your quote

If you're the source: it's down for maint, Einstein

I read this as Estinien, and did so again after double checking, and had to triple check.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Your Computer posted:

It matches Allagan stuff and Ferdinand, which is the only gun your MCH should ever use. :eng101:

But also, any gun that is dyeable also dyes your aetherotransformer, so if your box clashes it's a sign you should find a dyeable version of whatever gun you've got.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i like that it looks like you're the most responsible adventurer ever, always carrying your water bottle with you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Merilan posted:

i like that it looks like you're the most responsible adventurer ever, always carrying your water bottle with you
lmao

still not as thirsty as Haurchefant

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

It matches Allagan stuff and Ferdinand, which is the only gun your MCH should ever use. :eng101:

But also, any gun that is dyeable also dyes your aetherotransformer, so if your box clashes it's a sign you should find a dyeable version of whatever gun you've got.
:eyepop: really? Does it just change the color of the LED or is it more drastic? Even changing the color of that light would help a lot with it not sticking out like a sore thumb

honestly I had forgotten that some weapons could even be dyed. Is it just the (augmented) tomestone and relic weapons or are there other weapons that can be dyed too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I guess I can get why people would dislike it but I love basically anything that adds asymmetry to the outfits, it makes glams way more interesting.

There are definitely outfits it works with, I just wish I could turn it off ala the old gauss barrel