Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

S.J. posted:

There are definitely outfits it works with, I just wish I could turn it off ala the old gauss barrel
I get this. My glam hope is that they'll add more hats that Viera ears clip through like in FFTA sprites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

Source your quote

If you're the source: it's down for maint, Einstein

I mean its obvious if SE buys more servers they won't have capacity issues, why do you gotta be so hostile at me for stating the obvious

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orange juche posted:

I mean its obvious if SE buys more servers they won't have capacity issues, why do you gotta be so hostile at me for stating the obvious
Perhaps you'd like to speak to the servers' managers just like at your favorite restaurant... Cheesecake Factory!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Perhaps you'd like to speak to the servers' managers just like at your favorite restaurant... Cheesecake Factory!

I'd like to hot swap my server, please, this one is rude

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

It's a very distinctive aesthetic, and one I'm not really fond of. I'm sure it goes well with the different Allagan gear and stuff that I'm also not fond of :v:

Shiny metal and blue LEDs just isn't my style

I think there's a mod to remove the aetherpack. I downloaded it and will give it a try tomorrow.

It annoys me, too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Its an MMO, that has not once in its history had a successful launch regarding traffic. Even from 1.0, its been almost 10 years and in all those years not once have they had the tech to handle a launch.

This is exactly why nobody stays around, they play for a week figure out the servers are garbage and move on to a another company that CAN handle the game. That is exactly why the player counts fall off the face of the earth the first week because people who play other MMO's can you know...

ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.

I have 9 years of experience and a 4 year degree, I've stood hundreds of companies up from the ground up from all types of companies.

You don't even show up in the spectrum of knowledge to even begin to tell me what I do and don't understand.

yes literally, getting more servers and spreading the traffic among them will Literally fix the problem.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 4, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/search.php?searchid=75489656

Thank you, i'll be here all week. Enjoy maintenance, y'all

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The last time they put in more servers everyone hated it, so they clearly can't do that again.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I sorta wish they'd use the off-hand slot for more glam options for some classes.

Let us screw with MCH's purse or run the Moggle Mog crystal on every RDM weapon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orange juche posted:

Its an MMO, that has not once in its history had a successful launch regarding traffic. Even from 1.0, its been almost 10 years and in all those years not once have they had the tech to handle a launch.

This is exactly why nobody stays around, they play for a week figure out the servers are garbage and move on to a another company that CAN handle the game. That is exactly why the player counts fall off the face of the earth the first week because people who play other MMO's can you know...

ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.

I have 9 years of experience and a 4 year degree, I've stood hundreds of companies up from the ground up from all types of companies.

You don't even show up in the spectrum of knowledge to even begin to tell me what I do and don't understand.

yes literally, getting more servers and spreading the traffic among them will Literally fix the problem.
loving lmao dude, Jesus Christ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

I sorta wish they'd use the off-hand slot for more glam options for some classes.

Let us screw with MCH's purse or run the Moggle Mog crystal on every RDM weapon.
I like this idea a lot, it would work great for a bunch of classes. Custom quivers for BRD, that sort of thing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

loving lmao dude, Jesus Christ

I'm quoting someone for your entertainment FAU. Click that link and revel in the absolute glory of awful posting.

Also, join the catgirl bargains discord FAU, we're posting about idiots in the brown sea there.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I am so bored of reposts from there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vadoc posted:

I am so bored of reposts from there.

I'm not, they're hilarious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orange juche posted:

I'm quoting someone for your entertainment FAU. Click that link and revel in the absolute glory of awful posting.

Also, join the catgirl bargains discord FAU, we're posting about idiots in the brown sea there.
Let me see if I can figure out how to be in two discords at once

Is there a link or something

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let me see if I can figure out how to be in two discords at once

Is there a link or something

https://discord.gg/TGWJvDC click this

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Your Computer posted:

:eyepop: really? Does it just change the color of the LED or is it more drastic? Even changing the color of that light would help a lot with it not sticking out like a sore thumb

honestly I had forgotten that some weapons could even be dyed. Is it just the (augmented) tomestone and relic weapons or are there other weapons that can be dyed too?

The lights don't change, but it tints the metal and fully dyes the leather case to whatever color you're applying.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Speaking of which, since I'm one of the few goons that stayed on Crystal, and since character creation on the other data centers is a crapshoot at best, would people be interested in a cross-world linkshell for Crystal goons? It's not quite as fancy as a Free Company, but if new players are going to be stuck on the non-cool worlds on our data center, we could at least help out with duty finder queues and such.

Sorry, I know this is from a ways back but I'm just now catching up. I'm on Crystal too and would love to join this if you ended up making one.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Finished MSQ earlier this evening and goddamn. I think it's safe to say that Heavensward has been dethroned for me. This expansion is just so strong on every front. gently caress the Source I'm staying in the First it's way cooler.

Also the Dancer AF gear looks awesome on my lion boy I'm really happy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Finished MSQ earlier this evening and goddamn. I think it's safe to say that Heavensward has been dethroned for me. This expansion is just so strong on every front. gently caress the Source I'm staying in the First it's way cooler.

Also the Dancer AF gear looks awesome on my lion boy I'm really happy.

The DNC equipment all seems to look great on Hrothgar, and I like Viera better for GNB.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Question: which jobs do the biggest hits? Not just in the sense that they have arbitrarily high damage numbers, but in a more general sense of "attacks slowly, but each hit has a big impact." Even if it's just sound design or animation: I am willing to trick my brain if necessary.

Basically, something I enjoy about Black Mage is that each spell I cast feels meaningful, like I could see its individual impact on the enemy's health if I was paying enough attention. I've tried other jobs, but they all seem to lack that sense of impact. It just feels like I'm going through the motions of my rotations and merely assuming that I'm somehow contributing to the enemies' HP gradually getting shaved away.

So what other jobs have that sense of impact, if any?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 4, 2019

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Samurai gets to use Midare Setsugekka pretty often which is a 1200 potency attack that produces real big numbers and the flow of the job is building up to those big hits constantly.

Dancer gets the highest potency attach with Technical Step at 1500 but the job on the whole doesn't really play like a big impact class like you are necessarily looking for though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Clarste posted:

Question: which jobsdo the biggest hits? Not just in the sense that they have arbitrarily high damage numbers, but in a more general sense of "attacks slowly, but each hit has a big impact." Even if it's just sound design or animation: I am willing to trick my brain if necessary.

Basically, something I enjoy about Black Mage is that each spell I cast feels meaningful, like I could see its individual impact on the enemy's health if I was paying enough attention. I've tried other jobs, but they all seem to lack that sense of impact. It just feels like I'm going through the motions of my rotations and merely assuming that I'm somehow contributing to the enemies' HP gradually getting shaved away.

Try zooming in when you're attacking.

Of the jobs I've played consequential amounts of, SMN tends to be pretty deliberate for your big moves. AST has been too although some of this is the ASMR thrill of the Gravity sound effect.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should make a real time strategy version of Feast. Two players send out their squads and have them fight.

e: No wait, 8-man frontlines too.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 4, 2019

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
One WoW feature I think square could learn from is finishing maintenance early

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think one thing that makes Shadowbringers so loving fantastic is, even beyond how good the story is, just within the story how the player character really does feel like the main character in a classic Final Fantasy game.

The Warrior of Light has always been the main character, but in times past, it could feel like we're just there tagging along with other people's plots. It's never as bad as an entire expansion dedicated to being Thrall's plucky little sidekick, or in GW2, playing second fiddle to Tree Jesus.

But Shadowbringers is so good at making it really feel like this is my story. I think one of the biggest things that helps that is the quiet time we spend back at the inn at the end of each arc. And the amount of dialog choices. Even though they don't make any difference in the story, it just makes me feel more connected.

I'm kinda high right now so I'm rambling, but I am so happy this game is so good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Annath posted:

Like, how John Madden we talking? Wrath-era Feral Druid?

E:

Let's be clear here, as one of those aforementioned Wrath-era Feral Druids that also did Hybrid Feral on top of everything else, I think Feral's complexity was vastly overblown, and I'm certain that 90% of actual Feral players just yukked it up and rolled with the external perception for pride and shits and giggles.

The meme seems to have taken on a life of its own though, but really, a lot of MMO jobs can be reduced to the same "make sure these these self-buffs are rolling, make sure these debuffs are rolling, and if X happens ahead of time because of procs, dump to Y before returning to the core loop".

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 4, 2019

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

If your tank is moving a boss a bunch and you're having problems lining up your positionals it's the tank's fault (usually).

I always tank in MSQ/allyrou because pubbie tanks really like to move and it's very annoying as DPS so I feel like I'm giving back. Most fights, the tank doesn't move an inch from start to finish and the aoe they're trying to avoid is like 3% of your total HP pool in damage. And if you're clever and good at using hallowed ground and its ilk, you can avoid moving on almost every fight.
A lot of attacks can still be avoided as a tank without moving or turning the boss if the attack has a cast bar. People just have to learn they can run back to their old position after the cast bar completes but before the animation is finished. There are a handful of attacks where this doesn't work (the one that used to get me a lot was the flamethrower by the 2nd boss in Keeper of the Lake) and sometimes the attack isn't actually cast by the boss, but it would help melee a lot.

As does knowing where to stand for bosses with regular cone attacks. How much you have to move to avoid those differs a lot between standing at max melee range and standing next to the center of the enemy hitbox.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I choose to believe its canon that my character's telescope hobby is only getting further fed by my Scions being enablers to the point that Urianger spots the tablet just lying underneath the table but pretends to go "Forsooth! Only thine keen eyes could perceive where the tablet may have gone, dear Warrior of Light!" just so i can break out the telescope in a dark room underground and be super stoked when I find it

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Is it possible to put the full ShB code into mogstation yet? Which menu option is it even under?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
there's only one true MCH glam and it's this though i'll need to find something that fits the dumbass loving n64 nerf maverick 80 one

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does everyone use Glamour Prisms later on? I mean I've been using them all along (99% of armor looks worse than the level 15 Brand New Tabard so I keep using that) but does Glamour setting stuff use like, a prism on each piece? That sounds like it gets expensive.

super sweet best pal posted:

They should make a real time strategy version of Feast. Two players send out their squads and have them fight.

e: No wait, 8-man frontlines too.

Lords of Verminion (I have never played this because it keeps crashing whenever I try)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

pray for my aunt posted:

Is it possible to put the full ShB code into mogstation yet? Which menu option is it even under?

Under "Manage Service Options" or the top "Your Account" menu, you should either have a link or a big button for "Enter Expansion Registration Code".

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

One WoW feature I think square could learn from is finishing maintenance early

Oh hey, servers are up early!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

orcane posted:

Under "Manage Service Options" or the top "Your Account" menu, you should either have a link or a big button for "Enter Expansion Registration Code".

Ah, thanks. I didn't even notice that because it doesn't look like any of the other buttons in the area.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does everyone use Glamour Prisms later on? I mean I've been using them all along (99% of armor looks worse than the level 15 Brand New Tabard so I keep using that) but does Glamour setting stuff use like, a prism on each piece? That sounds like it gets expensive.
You also get access to the glamour plate feature, which lets you put together a glamour set from the glamour dresser and the armoire (eg. in inn rooms or your GC barracks) to apply repeatedly. This is useful if you want to apply the same look across different gear, eg. between different jobs or like your example with leveling gear, or if you want to switch between looks often (instead of glamouring single pieces every time). Only storing the items in your glamour dresser costs glamour prisms, applying the plates doesn't IIRC.

If you regularly do dungeons at 60+ you'll end up with a lot of gear you can turn in for GC seals and buy the prisms with those instead of paying gil.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

You can buy prisms using GC seals which you get from trashing green or blue gear at your GC. You can also assemble glamour plates with your glamour dresser (found in your GC squad room or innroom), each item in a plate only needs 1 prism to set up (1 dye as well if you're doing that). They can then be loaded manually in all cities or tied to a gearset to be auto loaded whenever you change into that set.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

That sounds like the old method of glamouring, which does use a prism each time.

Glamour Plates you set once at a dresser (depositing the item takes a prism IIRC and also you need to provide any dyes you want to use) but can then can be applied for free then on in any major city.

Clarste posted:

Seconding SAM. Midare is pretty beefy on it's own but when you crit (direct hit) it? That's a slab of HP carved with patented Hanzo Steel right there.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Resonance22 posted:

Oh hey, servers are up early!

la HEE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Go to an inn and put stuff in your Glamour Dresser. One prism each and you can use it as many times as you want.