Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hulk have beautiful hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Either Hulk or the Octopus is doing one of those 'take the name literally' cosplays of Doc Ock, but I'm not sure which one.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hulk's trying to get into the next Metal Gear game, with his Octopus Camouflage

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Random Stranger posted:

The Leader is such a nerd.

Meanwhile, in Latveria, Dr. Doom steeples his fingers and narrows his eyes.

"It's all about the cones..."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gavok posted:

Meanwhile, in Latveria, Dr. Doom steeples his fingers and narrows his eyes.

"It's all about the cones..."

I can definitely see Doom referring to himself as The Architect.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Samuringa posted:

Why is Medusa saying that?

You know how it is, pretty girl gets buff and people get weird about it so she tries to downplay it as best she can.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Either Hulk or the Octopus is doing one of those 'take the name literally' cosplays of Doc Ock, but I'm not sure which one.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #6 (1940)

Chamber of Darkness #1 (1969)

Giant-Size Marvel Triple Action #1 (1975)

Boof #1 (1994)

Dark Claw Adventures #1 (1997)

G.L.A.: Misassembled #1 (2005)

Heralds #1 (2010)

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #2 (2017)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Whiz Comics #6 (1940)

Reminds me of the only thing I remember from that (deservedly?) ill-fated Pam Anderson/Stan Lee cartoon, a bad guy called the Cheapster, or something like that. He only stole really cheap stuff, or knocked off banks to the tune of like $16. "Congratulate me, boys, I'm a hundredaire" rattles through my head a couple times a week.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Phy posted:

Reminds me of the only thing I remember from that (deservedly?) ill-fated Pam Anderson/Stan Lee cartoon, a bad guy called the Cheapster, or something like that. He only stole really cheap stuff, or knocked off banks to the tune of like $16. "Congratulate me, boys, I'm a hundredaire" rattles through my head a couple times a week.

his other crimes included counterfeiting pennies, robbing a fake fur store and trying to steal the world's largest cubic zirconia

no, I can't get it out of my head either

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Darthemed posted:

Boof #1 (1994)

Eat the eggs

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I'm so loving confused about Boof. What is his anatomy supposed to be like? Is that a big ol' frog throat he has? If so, why does it have what might be a belly button? Is he just a big meaty orb with arms and legs and a face? I did a quick search and none of the pictures I found even come close to showing him standing upright or in any other position that would make his actual shape discernible.

Someone please help me understand what a Boof is I might be going insane

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boof was created by Beau Smith, who is also the guy behind Wynonna Earp.

He's an odd dude.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just flipped through to check, and at no point in the series (outside of a superhero fantasy sequence) does Boof stand upright. Did find this, though.

Boof #5 (1994)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Boof is just Wolverine in his dog form.

Somberbrero posted:

Captain America #698

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why's that funny.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Why's that funny.

Because they were off by 6 years for when America collapses.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lurdiak posted:

Why's that funny.

Because Cap thinks he's in some Planet of the Apes kind of scenario, so he's explaining the Bill of Rights like it's a loving wizard scroll to someone who probably learned about it in school.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

all of the above AND she let him do a whole speech about it before letting him know they've all heard about it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ITS THE BILL OF RIGHTS AND THEN AND THERE I START MOUTHING THE WORDS ALONG WITH THE FOUNDING FATHERS

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Even before Immortal Hulk I don't think that would work. But maybe Cosmic Ghost Rider is trying to kill Hank Pym to stop Ultron from ever being created.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
OK, not a panel, but...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best part about cosmic ghost rider is how everyone inexplicably tolerates his presence. he's an even worse person than regular punisher and no one likes him, but it's like the universe collectively shrugged and said "eh, that's frank for ya. what are you gonna do?"

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Darthemed posted:

Just flipped through to check, and at no point in the series (outside of a superhero fantasy sequence) does Boof stand upright. Did find this, though.

Boof #5 (1994)

This helped a lot, thank you. Now I can tell that he has roughly humanoid arms and legs, as well as an rear end. His torso(?) is still an unknowable mess but I think I'm okay with that.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I know this is supposed to be a reference to that idea loads of people had about Ant-Man fly up Thanos btut to defeat him. (Imagine how comic historians will have to explain this thing in 60 years time.)
But this makes it sound like Frank is suggesting Hank Pym try some Sounding on Hulk. Which is even worse.

NB: If you don't know what sounding is, keep it that way. Don't Google it or read the UK thread on Debate and Discussion where I got exposed to it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that..was not something that occured to me, but have the next 2 panels to ease your mind

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So Frank Castle is some version of Ghost Rider, that can freely travel through time and space? And getting access to these powers makes Frank more of a dick, but actually has a sense of humor?

Is this the series that's being written by Paul Scheer?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

So Frank Castle is some version of Ghost Rider, that can freely travel through time and space? And getting access to these powers makes Frank more of a dick, but actually has a sense of humor?

Is this the series that's being written by Paul Scheer?

Yeah, he was a Frank Castle at the end of time with the power cosmic and ghost-rider poo poo, and another couple things too. First appeared in that Thanos series from a couple years ago.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I do like that Utau was present to watch the worst choice ever made - Frank Castle raising Thanos from childhood.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's too long to post but also in this issue, castle apparently visited the ultimate universe and took hawkeyes place in the sequence where he and natasha take out the building full of aliens in ultimates 1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VanSandman posted:

I do like that Utau was present to watch the worst choice ever made - Frank Castle raising Thanos from childhood.

Please don't undersell it. Uatu was present to witness the worst choice that any living being has ever made in the history of thought. and the immediate consequences thereof.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Boof was created by Beau Smith, who is also the guy behind Wynonna Earp.

He's an odd dude.

Is that the dipshit who used to claim to be "The Last Real Man in Comics"?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that the dipshit who used to claim to be "The Last Real Man in Comics"?

That's an insane thing to claim, since Frank Miller is currently writing a Superman book.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Ant-Man Butthole Kill wouldn't work on comics Thanos who can face-tank planet buster attacks. Ant-man would get in, grow, and a long thin sausage of crushed Ant-Man would be extruded.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 4, 2019

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Slaver 1: Your Wizard days are over!

Slaver 2: Yeah. We need you to re-roll as a Paladin!

Slaver 3: That's right, we need a Healer and Tank!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm loving dying here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whose is creepier: Tarantino's foot fetish or Fletcher Hanks' nightmare punishment fetish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I want all the animals to get together and murder him for being such a dick to them.