Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

Of course, the headline implies that CBP were also aware of this under Obama. I think it's become obvious that Obama had little control over these chuds and had no real inclination to change that

For what it's worth it seems like the chuds in CPB and ICE have been steadily more out of control since 911, and actively ignored and pushed back on efforts to control them by Obama (can't imagine why!)

This is what happens when you give the law enforcement equivalent of loving mall cops with zero screening requirements unlimited authority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Perhaps tonight will be the night...

...the night when the Trump mask is finally ripped off, revealing Andy Kaufman in all his glory.

What a show.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Happy flag day everyone! Please enjoy recreational explosives responcibly!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

by lighting american flags on fire

:d2a:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1146766931573301248

I love that "disloyal" is such a strong insult in his mind.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1146761062710222849

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bilperkins2 posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1146766931573301248

I love that "disloyal" is such a strong insult in his mind.

Because he is a wannabe mob capo, as well as a tiny dictator

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm a lot more happy for this fourth of july because my dipshit neighbor who brought a quad-barreled trailer mounted absolutely 100% illegal industrial fireworks launcher into his backyard and fired off a bunch of high explosives into the air above a heavily forested area last year moved away over the winter and a quiet nerd moved in in his place!!!!!!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1146748274898083842

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well I mean they're not wrong.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Russia is certainly a connoisseur of mass military parades.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmmyes:

Lol that Russian State TV will call him out for this more than our loving trash media

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DarkHorse posted:

The main reason as I understand it for the Disney live actions is so they can continue to hold onto the copyrights. In that regard they don't especially care if they're profitable, just if they demonstrate they're still "developing" the IP

This rumor isn't true, Lion King is less than 25 years old, copyright isn't even close to applicable

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
A quick reminder about the history of the Fourth of July. Most people today are thinking about 1776. That was a good Fourth, for sure. But it wasn't the best one.

The morning of July 4, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln received a message from General George Meade, Union commander at the Battle of Gettysburg, informing him that General Lee's army had been defeated with heavy losses and the second invasion of the North was over.

Later that day, the President received a second telegram from General U.S. Grant at Vicksburg. The "Gibraltar of the Mississippi" had surrendered. The Confederacy was cut in half, bleeding to death, and cut off from the rest of the world.

Today I celebrate the most glorious Fourth of July in our history, July 4, 1863. Here's a little musical number to help remind us of two of America's greatest victories, Meade's triumph at Gettysburg and Grant's conquest of Vicksburg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

JonathonSpectre posted:

A quick reminder about the history of the Fourth of July. Most people today are thinking about 1776. That was a good Fourth, for sure. But it wasn't the best one.

The morning of July 4, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln received a message from General George Meade, Union commander at the Battle of Gettysburg, informing him that General Lee's army had been defeated with heavy losses and the second invasion of the North was over.

Later that day, the President received a second telegram from General U.S. Grant at Vicksburg. The "Gibraltar of the Mississippi" had surrendered. The Confederacy was cut in half, bleeding to death, and cut off from the rest of the world.

Today I celebrate the most glorious Fourth of July in our history, July 4, 1863. Here's a little musical number to help remind us of two of America's greatest victories, Meade's triumph at Gettysburg and Grant's conquest of Vicksburg.

That’s another good and better reason to celebrate the date. Eat poo poo tories and confederates scum.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

theflyingorc posted:

This rumor isn't true, Lion King is less than 25 years old, copyright isn't even close to applicable

Pretty sure the reason is that a lot of the people that grew up with these movies are now parents, and Disney realizes they can use their nostalgia to bring them into the theatre with their kids and assure a further imprint on a new generation.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm so conflicted. I want an airshow disaster that is a consequence of these goofy plans and not being able to say "no" to the idiot-in-chief, but I don't want anyone hurt. Could we maybe have a formation of drones slam into the Lincoln memorial as a compromise between those positions?

fool_of_sound posted:

A few years ago the abandoned house a hundred feet or so down the road caught fire on the evening of July 4th. So plan your insurance fraud tonight!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JonathonSpectre posted:

:hellyeah:

Also I remember freshman year of college for the first time reading Frederick Douglass's 4th of July speech, and holy poo poo everything just clicked after being raised in an isolated white suburb for 18 years

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

TulliusCicero posted:

:hellyeah:

Also I remember freshman year of college for the first time reading Frederick Douglass's 4th of July speech, and holy poo poo everything just clicked after being raised in an isolated white suburb for 18 years

Yeah, I teach that speech as well as Sojourner Truth's Aren't I a Woman in Am Lit. I try to teach a bunch of WoC before we make it to any canonized white women to try to make our feminism discussions better in class.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

DarkHorse posted:

The main reason as I understand it for the Disney live actions is so they can continue to hold onto the copyrights. In that regard they don't especially care if they're profitable, just if they demonstrate they're still "developing" the IP

I mean they also print easy money but they're also keeping the old money.

Uhh the Beauty and the Beast one cost $250 million and grossed $1.2 billion - that's way more than whatever money they're gonna make off the old one, which I'm sure was also bumped with the new one's release.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1146760530033614850

gotta love it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump just retweeted this

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOfficerTatum/status/1144441936805130240

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Please please please tweet poo poo about the troops on July 4th.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

https://mobile.twitter.com/dcmdvaweather/status/1146777621025501184

Here's hoping for the best!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
someone really really should run into the parade and put their hand up to stop the line of tanks just because it'd make a really good photo

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

It'd be a real shame if a 73 year old obese man in a dark blue suit passed out on a humid 90 degree day.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

someone really really should run into the parade and put their hand up to stop the tanks just because it'd make a really good photo

There's not gonna be a parade. They're just staging a few Abrams and Bradleys in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Please please please tweet poo poo about the troops on July 4th.

Lou "English Bob" Dobbs.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

someone really really should run into the parade and put their hand up to stop the tanks just because it'd make a really good photo

They'd probably shoot that person from multiple angles on the spot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. says the assholes who pushed into the last several unwinnable wars.

who is this bigoted rear end in a top hat?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

someone really really should run into the parade and put their hand up to stop the line of tanks just because it'd make a really good photo

I know someone already pointed out that there is not going to be actual parading tanks, but I just want to add that your suggestion is probably 500% of the reason they're not doing that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

There Bias Two posted:

They'd probably shoot that person from multiple angles on the spot.

that would also make a really good photo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I know someone already pointed out that there is not going to be actual parading tanks, but I just want to add that your suggestion is probably 500% of the reason they're not doing that.

arnt they gonna be on the backs of trucks and poo poo.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Chuds will scream and shout for the tanks to run over the traitor, without the slightest hint of awareness

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

quote:

Founder/CEO of The Officer Tatum LLC.
Co-Founder of #Blexit.
Ex-Police Officer.
Father.
Man of God.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Does he even really exist?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so some weird nutbar then.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

If you’re going to post DMV weather tweets, you should always go with CWG.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1146705578544291840?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

If Donnie had actually managed to implement Infrastructure Week he could could have had the tanks and ICBM's rolling down the Mall with goose-stepping soldiers as he stood on a balcony saluting.
Missed opportunity really.